When's the last time you took a shit in a campaign?

When's the last time you took a shit in a campaign?

Other urls found in this thread:

marko-djurdjevic.deviantart.com/art/Shittalk-682388101
shop.sixmorevodka.com/en/
sixmorevodka.com/degenesis/
youtube.com/watch?v=0Tw3KaMr8wk
youtube.com/watch?v=WTCARC91yyw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't play with autists or scat fetishists, so presumably sometime "off-screen".

any RPGs with poop mechanics?

>Using ancient public restrooms.
Best way to get ill and die.

>tfw dropped your shitting knife down the toilet

Does FATAL have rules about defecation?

I laughed

How far has the technology level fallen in the setting? I should think they could maintain basic levels of plumping considering they can still make some weapons and gadgets still but it's just harder to do in general.

I don't know what setting this is, but for reference, the Romans thought public restroom were haunted by mean spirits and demons. They just were not cleaning the shit often enough.

If you think that's retarded, realize the Anglo-Saxons who conquered England refused to live in the Roman half of London for centuries because they thought ghosts lived in there.

I haven't, but whatever

I'm way more in learning the backstory to this fucking picture.

Who drew it? Why? What inspired it? Why does it look like official art for something? Was it a commission? I have so many questions.

I don't think it's retarded for Romans to assume spirits and demons when a number of them where legit getting ill from there. What was retarded was not cleaning enough.

There's been a few "Hrothgar steps away to relieve himself" comments whenever a player needs to step from the table for a few, but it's never been an explicit thing. You just assume it happens off-camera, so to speak.

that's disgusting

A perfectly on-topic literal shitpost. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Congratulations Veeky Forums, you've won.

?

why do you think "roll for anal circumference" is a meme.

When one of the party members was turned into a pile of ash by a giant fire breathing fire ogre

Remember that in Roman times going to the bathroom was a social and public affair, like going to public baths.

>any RPGs with poop mechanics?
Desperation Panic.

Apparently it's an illustration for a book about a TTRPG called Degenesis. The picture is for a section about rumor mills, probably for picking up quests or something.

Looks like a post-apoc setting with some monsters and some weird psychic shit. Seems well-funded if nothing else.

Art:
marko-djurdjevic.deviantart.com/art/Shittalk-682388101

Page where you can purchase the book in several different languages and in pdf form:
shop.sixmorevodka.com/en/

Site for the RPG Degenesis:
sixmorevodka.com/degenesis/

A couple trailers that tell you a whole lot of nothing:
youtube.com/watch?v=0Tw3KaMr8wk
youtube.com/watch?v=WTCARC91yyw

I was thrown as well, but after the scantest of research it turns out that segregated restrooms, especially for pissing, are a relatively new idea.

So this really isn't as weird and fetishist as I thought. Good ol' American puritanism strikes again.

Remember that the Groom of the Stool was one of the most prestigious positions in the kingdom.

>Thread was a Degenesis shill thread in disguise

My characters never poop. Their body recycles everything, even those horrible memories of being an awkward fuck.

It's how giants come into existence.

We're everywhere, user. Everywhere

I honestly had no idea what degenesis was before this thread but it seems really bland and I probably wouldn't play it.

>Not having the entire court eagerly applaud when his Majesty takes a shit.
>Not having a portrait of your rival on the bottom of the chamber pot.

I have no idea what to expect based on the scant information and picture I have, but fuck it all I'm going in.

The last campaign I was in was utter shit. It didn't need me adding to the pile.

I was expecting something weirder.

This seems kind of not all that special if I'm honest.

Why isn't your character's father a gong farmer? You can earn some good money, much more than the farmers, very well paid.

I personally think you're wrong that it's one of the more interesting settings out there, but you're welcome to your own opinion since this sort of thing is subjective.

That's a ringing fucking endorsement.

They didn't have germ theory, linking not cleaning shitters to disease would be difficult without it.

Yeah, in old Rome public bathrooms were basically big sports stadium bleachers with holes in them over running water that everyone, men and women old and young, all got together to shit in.

What, do you want to splurge out about how it's the best shit since sliced bread and scream at whoever dares to say they dislike it?

I thoroughly enjoy it and I think it's a great setting, although the translation's a little wonky in some places. I think of it as pretty original and I wouldn't consider it bland in comparison to other RPGs out there. But that's subjective criticism so I can't just outright say "no, it isn't bland."

Does shitting oneself in fear count?

Because that's happened.

Of course, but, come on. It's not like they shat in their houses or rolled in horse shit all day long, or enjoyed the smells of their public bathrooms, right?

Can you tell me some of the cool things about it, then? I was the guy that posted the links and I know nothing about the game minus the stuff in the trailers and skimming some paragraphs on the website.

But that's more due to the foul smell of body waste than knowledge that contant with feces = sickness.

Making the deduction of it being the cause of disease is a big leap to ask of people with no idea that microscopic life can exist, let alone how the human body reacts to it.

The closest we ever got to identifying the link, as a species, prior to germ theory was the belief that the noxious smells were the cause of disease/sickness, but that still only led to 'preventative measures' like dousing yourself in perfume or holding bags of cloves and garlic under your nose as you waded through what was essentially the open sewers of the streets.

Long story short, it's the post-apocalypse. The world as we knew in the 2070s was obliterated by an asteroid swarm pelting the Earth. Humanity's in the slow, gradual process of bouncing back a few hundred years later in Europe and Africa, with most of the continent being isolated tribes stuck in the stone age. A few specific communities have sprung up with more advanced technology and methods, but their reach is limited. The bad news is that the asteroids brought something new to the Earth called the Primer, which caused rapidly acceleration evolution. In Europe, this has led to the creation of Sepsis, a sort of fungal spore that modifies humans into different sorts of bizarre mutants, which are collectively known as Homo Degenesis. Africa, which didn't suffer an asteroid impact but instead had one break apart in the atmosphere above it, is partially covered with a toxic fractal forest that has forced the African population to congregate on the fertile Mediterranean coast. It's a very harsh and pretty bizarre world.

For me, the main draws are:
>The amount of details on the different factions, how diverse they are and how they interact. A pseudo-fascist paramilitary medical organization devoted to curing Sepsis at any cost, a secretive collective of obsessive tech-fetishists that hoard whatever advanced technology they're able to loot, a memetic Abrahamic cult built around the teachings of what was essentially a televangelist during the apocalypse, etc.
>The bizarre creatures that humanity has to contend with, including the twisted versions of itself that inhabit the Sepsis spore fields. Psychokinetics that cover the land in webs of hard light and electromagnetic anomalies, pheromancers that ensnare man and beast alike and warp their minds until they're literally more than worker drones for the hive, etcetera.
>Alone, these just sound funky and random but shockingly, the setting manages to stitch them all together into a cohesive world.

I'm not talking about figuring out it was the feces that made them ill, I'm talking about cleaning only because of the smell.
Though I guess yes, they could also just throw down flowers or perfume or whatever and call it day, too.

Well it's a bit more complicated than that.

The Romans were very superstitious, but the Roman latrines were actually social gathering spots where people would talk and network. There was a poem that criticized a man for hanging around the latrines trying to get invited to dinner parties.

Thus you have a lot of people hanging around the shitters and talking to each other and such, and very lax sanitation--a sponge in a bucket of salt water was more or less as far as wiping material went in the public latrines.

While obviously primitive, Miasmatic theory was actually fairly helpful during the Black Death. In Poland for example, juniper trees were tremendously common and were used as firewood because of their pleasant smell.

Well it just so happens that juniper oil is a volatile antimicrobial. It can enter the air through burning. The Poles may have accidentally reduced rates of infection which, combined with the heavily forested countryside and less urban density, could've saved them.
Actually, in certain hospitals in Switzerland there was a suspected link between the burning of juniper and the low rate of infection of the patients. Why did they burn Juniper? Because it smelled nice.

Similarly the pleasant smelling herbs and oils that lined the nasals of plague doctor masks--we do not know precisely which oils and herbs were used, but it's entirely possible that they were in fact antimicrobials. The medieval European really was on to something with the plague doctors, I mean look at this thing, it's a fucking hazmat suit.

Shitters themselves are relatively germ free places, as most of the nasty stuff the human body produces does not live outside of it very well. Even sitting pools of feces do not, themselves, make very good habitats for disease. The issue is that such places invite other vectors, mostly animals like flying, biting insects and rats.

That chick isn't wearing any pants, not even underwear...

>Group orders a takeout to eat before we play
>Myself and one other guy get a calzone
>20 mins later he starts to look very uncomfortable and red
>Gets up and makes a beeline for the only toilet in the house
>Obviously pooping his guts out
>mfw remember how I practically inhaled my own calzone

Luckily the poops did not manifest, I didn't fancy having to shit in the GM's garden.

Some people strip off to take a shit.

>removing half or more of your entire outfit just to shit

That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard of.

Hey, sometimes you want to do some thorough cleaning rather than get shit and piss all over everything.

Right before my dwarf son killed me with a crossbow when I was still sitting on the privy.

>some people can't use the bathroom without getting pizza and shit on any clothing below the waist

How do you get ill and die from an ancient public restroom? Aren't modern day porta pottys the same thing?

What makes a shitting knife different from a normal knife?

You wouldn't use a kitchen knife as a shitting knife, and vice versa

Purging yourself of blood, grime and bodily waste is but a cantrip. Ask mage to enchant some sticks for the purpose and be done with it. Better - get rid of all bodily needs altogether. It takes one ring at most.

If you are in notech/nomagic setting, for fuck sake don't do it alone and don't sit on the damned things, it will surely get you killed.

Almost every session, but that's just because it's become a running joke in the group to suddenly declare "gotta take a shit" as an excuse to sprint full speed out of an awkward situation.

>That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard of.
Feels good man.

Do you take explosive shits and high pressure pisses or something?

>most retarded

What, exactly, is retarded about ensuring that--at a minimum--your outer garments either do not get in the way of your shitting or do not stink of shit after the fact?

I find it's important for the "camera" to focus on the most interesting parts of an adventure, so I guess the question really is
>when was the last time you were playing a game run by someone who thought pooping was the most interesting part of an adventure.

This picture raises a lot of questions, but I don't think I want any of the answers

what would a knife even be used for in a toilet? Do you need to make an emergency circumcision or to defend yourself from the wildlife that live in the shithole?

Inquiring minds wish to know.

Don't you see all that graffiti on the walls of the latrine? How else would you scratch it in there.

I was in a Star Wars Sith campaign, TOR era. We were sent by the Sith on a mission on Nar Shaddaa and provided with an apartment to use as a base. An Imperial Intelligence agent tipped us off that our masters were setting us up for a fall.

So upon arriving at the apartment, I made sure to be the first to the bathroom, to check it for recording devices, under the guise of taking a shit.

I once made a point to always do my business in a bottomless bag. I dumped it off of a rampart and stopped a siege in its tracks.

Took a shit in an enemy water supply once in a low-fantasy campaign once. I thought it would be more effective than it ended up being.

There were also (in a separate campaign, mind) Potions of Assblasting. Our DM used it as a joke, but we ended up weaponizing it - frequently, at that.

Apropos of nothing, they *did* have antiseptics.

Guy needs a doctor. Gallbladder or latent gluten intolerance

Ate some berries while trying to learn more about herblore. Ended up shitting my pants for nine hours straight. Never again.