/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Ghoulchewer Edition

Season 8 Veeky Forums Fumbbl League is underway.
Legendary Edition news.
Meme leagues underway.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules that are being replaced on FUMBBL, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition books, including the Deathzones supplements: mega.nz/#F!uw4XiYxK!tboZyS7RM-rrPJ93nSAmSg

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums Monkey League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10667

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
FUMBBL IRC servers are dead. Go to the Discord instead.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=98684
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=986983
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=986991
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=987059
fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=2692
kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/resin-32mm-mk1881-elf-fantasy-football-teams-pro-d
twitter.com/BloodBowl_Game/status/887324711738331137
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=987342
www56.zippyshare.com/v/qXdC8CTM/file.html
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=987478
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed_(sports)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

playoffs soon lads

Is Best Phat Rat actually a good star player on paper?

What's a good miniature to use as a bloodthirster on a Khorne team? I'm trying to avoid figures that would be impractically large for play.

is that biggie cheese

You could try to look on Ebay for an old vintage Daemon Prince. Otherwise maybe consider proxying a Chaos Khorne Champion from AoS. If you want it to still be a daemon and not check Ebay, I would suggest one of the Khorne Bloodletter Champions, like Skulltaker.

i think super vintage bloodthirster should be small enough for play too.

Yeah but that I could see being a bit of a challenge to find. Vintage Bloodthirster looked really cool though.

4ST, block, claw, grab, juggernaut, stand firm, loner for 190k. Good on Skaven, excellent on Underworld.

Lord Borak when?!

he could also get his hands on the old Quest gargoyle

it's a bloodthirster in all but name

Any suggestions for an Ogre team name?

Belching Bumwackers

Yeah, you can get the Heroquest Gargoyle pretty cheap.

He's incredibly similar to the metal Bloodthirsters of the time, but won't fall to bits or chip.

>tfw you try to show off in end zone after skrub lucking your td
>tfw you are too retarded to count and have to gfi
>tfw not punished
Feelds good man

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=98684

Lewd Boys vs Deadline Dodgers

Bump

Tips on how to play Underworld?

Throw goblins at the opponents cage.

Protect your Stormvermin, use thrower as carrier, only do handoffs at most and mark with Troll. Dodge and screen with Goblins.

Haters gunna hate

Bump

Any update on the deaths chart for this season?

Is there a good youtube channel that does battle reports for BB?

If you don't mind BB2 then cKnoor, The Sage and Jimmy Fantastic all have very active channels.

I love that orange and black scheme on the Orc, does anyone know which paints were used/how it was done??

It's just the basic gouged eye paint scheme, but highlighted a bit more. Check out the warhammertv youtube channel, there was a tutorial a couple months back.

The sage has an unbearable voice and accent on top of unbearable soundboard memes

I haven't updated it since after Round II, but I can add rounds III to V right now as I could bump the thread and I have nothing better to do right now.

Make pokemon sprites instead, Pizza.

Nice! Is there any special title rewards for those who contribute the most to the body count?

Bump

>Cuckrim Gacha Draft Paradise
Scrubluck Incarnate vs Gashapon Panic
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=986983

Chthonic Cabal vs. Brockley Blizzard!

>Veeky Forums FUMBBL League
Chthonic Cabal vs Brockley Blizzard

>Hobby friends all play bb
>They have skaven, dwarf, orc, goblin, human teams
>I'm a beginner
What's a good team to get that's not one of the above? I would probably have got orcs if they weren't taken. The frogs or lizards look like fun.

Have you tried playing undead?

Its all ogre for you.

I am half tempted to delete my team for that but I think try to crudely put it into their team icon.

Onionkin

Undead/Necromantic if you want something versatile.
Any elf team if you want to be S T Y L I S H
Lizards are stronk but pretty rigid and hard for a beginner.
Chaos or Nurgle if you want to bash but be aware that they are pretty underwhelming at the start (Nurgle more so).

>Chaos or Nurgle if you want to bash but be aware that they are pretty underwhelming at the start (Nurgle more so).

Take note Chaos starts off pretty weak at the beginning and have no skills bar Horns. Nurgle are slow but defensive powerhouses and while from a gameplay view they are harder to use due to being slower, they are a better team to begin with.

thank mr skeltal

>Veeky Forums FUMBBL League
Fungus Family vs Dancers of the Eclipse
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=987059

How does guard actually work in-verse?

A player is always able to give an assist even in a scrum but how is that being done in practice?

Skilled in defending himself to the point where he can still keep some focus on his teammates and a keen eye for opportunities? I'd describe it as something like this

fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=2692
this was done some time ago, but here is the update for rounds III through V. I am going to watch at least some of a match then go to bed. I may not be around tomorrow.

Undead seems most likely then. Are frogs a non-starter?

Slann are really weird and difficult to understand how to make work when you're learning the game.

As said, they differ a lot from the other teams.
Played right they'll score like Air Jordan at the paralympics, but it takes some knowledge and experience to get there.

Undead teams on the other hand are really solid, offer top variety and will teach you the right lessons. Imho one of the best teams to start with next to humans.
Necromantic teams are a bit "weirder" but still pretty damn strong and competent.

Orcs aren't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a team with such durability and flexibility? Orcs put the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a team designed with such skill and passion for the game by Garion. Wood Elves break records. Lizardmen break records. Orcs break the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic.

I wish Orcs were half as fun as they are in mainline warhammer. They are so drab to play second only to Dorfs.

How do we fix orcs?

Give them all frenzy and av7 thick skull

I don't often back kickstarters, having seen too many of them fail and rip-off customers, but I'm considering the Elf Union team from this kickstarter.

kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/resin-32mm-mk1881-elf-fantasy-football-teams-pro-d

I hesitate because despite the nice minis the poses might be too dynamic, usually you want fairly simple poses for linemen at least.

>4 miniatures posed on their hands
I like ProElf#8, though. Aiming right for dem sweet sweet weak kneecaps.

Also #9 seems to be tight on the crotch, poor guy

Make them a bit less "safe", put back in some orc savagery and violence.
Dunno, take away two black orcs, put in two savage orcs 6 4 3 8 (or 7 thick skull), frenzy.

bump

How risky is it to start off as normal Chaos? If I lose a Warrior or their Big Guy in the first two games, my team is screwed.

Is it a high or medium risk of this happening though?

Chaos are pretty bad as a fresh team, and with ClawPOMB being nerfed they can grow into a formidable team, but not quite as much as before.

Wouldn't except to lose a Warrior quickly, but I wouldn't start with a Minotaur at all, waste of 150k points.

Thanks. Just heard enough horror stories of Chaos Warriors and Minos being downed in the first few games and the team being near irrecoverable.

Bumping the thread with a shitty WIP pic of my Khorne team.

I should be able to run them as a regular chaos team as well. The two kinds of players are well differentiated and beastmen stats and skills seem suited to Khorne cultists. Horns can be nicely handwaved as a brutal charge on the blitz.

Looks alright mate. Give them another thin coat of the yellow particularly, and a little bit of a tidy up, and they'll look decent after a wash with the old Agrax.

I painted these guys a couple of years ago now, looking back they aren't perfect and I was a bit lazy, so I might touch them up a bit and finally paint the Beastmen too. Minotaur I think I did in Terracotta as I didn't have a Beasty Brown or whatever, might either strip him or try to blend a bit more brown into him.

Though I might put them on 32mm bases, dunno.

Anyone know if the new Big Guys are on 32mm or 40mms?

twitter.com/BloodBowl_Game/status/887324711738331137

>dancing bears and twerking Dwarfs

Wew, I almost feel like I'm missing out

They look pretty sweet user. How long did it take you to pinch the weapons off the Khorne Warriors?

I know the new Sigmar sprues can be a bit dodge.

Dwarfs must die

Bump

dead

Vamps vs. Pact is going on right now, they've tied 1 - 1 and started the second half.

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=987342

Bump

Anyone order any of the new dice or pitches this week?

What's a good carrying case for the new 32mm models? Space for a big guy is also a must and maybe some other things as well.

Removing the weapons was pretty much the same as removing them from any decent plastic figures. You chop roughly, carefully scrape the remaining blob of the handle until it's flush with the hand, then press the knife in the middle the middle of the handle and rotate it on a 45 degree angle to make a little depression for the roundness of the finger and thumbs.

The blood warriors are a smidgeon trickier because they have thick armour around their hands that joins the handles of the weapons, but it's easily worked around.

Honestly they are very nice figures to assemble, they fit together beautifully and have negligible mold lines.

Damn that sounds pretty neat. Was thinking of doing a nurgle convert team myself but was worried about the dismantling.

The Pushy Grabbers.

>give them all the grab skill on their first skill up.
>leader ogre must have a name like "Crump"

I always found star players a tad too pricey for what you get.

the other inducements offer something that is not a loaner.

bump

Blood Bowl - More Guts - More Glory! 002 (2017) (4 covers) (digital) (d'argh-Empire).cbr
www56.zippyshare.com/v/qXdC8CTM/file.html

Eh, sometimes you really need a tough body or a specific skill, maybe for a specific game or to cover up for a loss.

I'm a big fan of bringing chainsaws/stabbers against elves.

Really depends on the star player. I think for normal teams it can be a bit crappy when you start looking at the 300k price point but for stunties, Deeproot Strongbranch, Brick Farth and Grotty or Ripper are amazing for what they add.

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League
Rod's Retirement Rodeo vs [TG] Black Dragons
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=987478

I love the seeding Veeky Forums league uses for playoffs. Winner deserves a little extra to face the team that barely makes playoffs.

Yep, it's the best method. If you don't want to get matched up in the playoffs you should've played better during the swiss.

I think random seeding would work better. More fun that way.

>I don't understand the point of seeding

But First and Second are on the same side in Veeky Forums league.

Don't be stupid, random is terrible. Last place doesn't deserve a chance to win.

>But First and Second are on the same side in Veeky Forums league.

No?

>Don't be stupid, random is terrible. Last place doesn't deserve a chance to win.

They'd still have to win 4 games, chances are they'd still have to deal with a hard matchup at some point.

It's not going to be that much of a difference.

Also that link is stupid, it says most seeding is random and random things are bad.

I'm not the one who posted the link.

I'm just saying.

Anyways, while I don't think changing the seeding is all that much of a bad thing, we should probably have decided on changing it before people could see what their matchups were going to be.

Since now people might just try to weasel their way out of a bad matchup.

Fuck me, there is always one person who literally cannot grasp seeding each time.

On random seeding, it makes sense in something like the Stunty Leeg where you only have 2 qualifying rounds, but we have 6 as a proper league, there should be a reward for coming top or there's no point playing so many rounds before.

"I didnt rig my way to top 16 just to face lizards" Crab 2017

I don't mind facing lizards. I get to use tackle

You should read this link