Reminder that if you dump wisdom you are asking for it

Reminder that if you dump wisdom you are asking for it.

If Paizo has taught me anything, low Wisdom means you're a slut and incapable of forming long-term relationships.

High Wis means you've got eyes in your brain and tons of insight!

>When you're an Alienst and you use the Planar Touchstone Feat with that fucking library feat to get the Domain powers of the madness domain so you become extra fucking WOKE as fuck in addition to becoming a caulifower head

>Dumping
>Not rolling stats

But OK, ideally a game should be designed so that dumping *any* stat is a bad idea.

>Paizo

And then there's these assholes.

>Dnd last night
>paladin gets possessed yet again
fuck's sake.

Stop wis shaming

t. a fool

NONE CAN WITHSTAND THE POWER OF CAULIFLOWER MAN!

Yeah, I'm asking for it, because "it" is "an interesting situation that wouldn't ever come up if I always had high Wis". Low stats are more interesting than high ones.

>But OK, ideally a game should be designed so that dumping *any* stat is a bad idea.
Yeah, using the stats I roll or putting the 8 of my array into anything should absolutely be punished. That will teach me to... use what I've given, and have no choice but to use?

Dumping con seems the worst.

You need con to live

>being a fool is an interesting situation
Is this low WIS in real life?

You don't need CON if the enemy won't touch you.

Tell that to the guy who dumped wis and won't listen to your smart words.

Fucking nerd.

It can result in interesting situations, yes. Things can happen to a character with low wisdom that can't happen to ones with high wisdom.

Yes, but that's the kind of interesting situation that makes the party want to stab you. And your character.

>arrays
>all of the headaches of point buy, with none of the benefits.

But 8 isn't cripplingly bad. Maybe if you were better at giving the DM headpats, you could talk them int giving you 12 or 13 across the board

Kinda weedy. This guys a running back, right?

All my players dumped wisdom in my post apocalyptic martial arts game. Trying to come up with ways to make them regret it aside from spot and listen checks.

Mind control? Insanity?

That sounds boring.

>Trying to come up with ways to make them regret it
Why?

Make them fight in a metaphysical environment. Wisdom checks to navigate and manipulate terrain. Wisdom saving throws against insanity. Make them fight against enchanters and illusionists. Wisdom checks Wisdom saving throws against mind control and psychic damage. Offer side quests from philosophers, theologians, loonies, and ferals. Wisdom checks to even interact with these fuckers.

Not him, but there is a price in having a party of idiots.

Maybe it was a poor choice of words. Maybe I should have said I wanted to use it against them somehow.

>martial arts game
why would martial artists not be proficient at physical stuff? Why wouldn't they ignore caster shit like wis?

They are literally martial artists

Why? Giving them something that challenges a weakness is one thing, but "you guys made your stats wrong and must be punished" is some bullshit.

It's a no magic setting but insanity could work. Will saves every time.

>caster shit like wis?
Wow, I didn't know common sense was caster shit.

Let me guess, you also think intelligence is magic battery?

Yes, it literally fucking is.

Satan, imagine a group of idiots. Of course they will run into trouble sooner or later. There is no punishment, it's a natural build up.

I'm imagining a wise Mr Miagi PC

>Reminder that if you dump wisdom you are asking for it.

Reminder that decent roleplayers who dump any stat know they're asking for it, and play it up as part of the character.

Mr. Miagi was a DMPC though.

No it isn't you mong, intelligence literally run skills. Go play with your sword, have fun not being able to do anything besides hack and slash.

Give them a wise martial arts master that can give them secret techniques, but to attain them, they must pass tests to demonstrate martial prowess, discipline, and wisdom.

Or just give them lots of koans just to sound profound.

Asking for what?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm a new to GMing, I'm not used to it yet.

Also, consider introducing a failed student out for revenge against the master. These types have 10 years of intense training done in 1 year, and gained immense power at the cost of skipping over the philosophy, discipline, meditative, and other parts important to gaining enlightenment.

It also can allow the characters to develop to solve problems where brute force, and cold logic cannot.

A compelling game.

There is nothing wrong with dumping my wis down so it matches my IRL wis score. Its hard to RP as someone wiser then you.

I'm struggling with that right now. I'm very prone to anger.

I'm just really bad at the whole common sense thing. We probably wouldn't get along.