I need to make a multinational superhero league similar to the Avengers with each hero acting as a de facto...

I need to make a multinational superhero league similar to the Avengers with each hero acting as a de facto representative of their country or even just a region of their country (Hero from Scotland and a Hero for the whole UK)

What countries should I include on the team and what are some national characteristics and powers that the heroes should be fluffed with?

Make it blatant Overwatch ripoff.

Well, I mean, the Justice League cartoon from the 70's was also about a multinational team of stereotypes.

The characters in Overwatch aren't stereotypical though and have depth

How hammy are we talking here? How much depth do you want for these Characters? What are the sensibilities of the audience?

It's very different if you want characters for a Adam-West style game for fa/tg/uys or for a Zack-Snyder style game for gender-study Bachelors...

As dark and lightheaded as a typical Marvel movie romp

Swedish Man is already well-described by those various bits of art thrown around /pol/, while Britain should be represented by a CCTV Camera wearing a hijab.

The Czech and Slovak hero(es) should have the Dr. Jekyll/ Mr. Hyde thing going on, although they should not be aware of this and constanty talk shit about each other.

I actually played a few heroes in this kind of campaign, I'd be willing to lend out a few.

> Impasse, from Switzerland
> Former member of the Swedish border guard, kidnapped by the Nazis during WWII as a foreign Aryan specimen
> Subjected to experimental procedures to create an Ubermensch. It actually worked.
> Eventually broke out and returned to Switzerland. Had no interest in fighting the war and only wanted to take up his border guard duties once more.
> Which was now aided by his ability to project solid invisible barriers with his mind.
> Staunchly protected borders and swatted down Axis forces who strayed too close. Nicknamed "Impasse" by German troops who suddenly found themselves trapped against unbreakable walls they couldn't see.
> After the war, he was frequently dispatched along with the Red Cross and other neutral parties in order to maintain pockets of calm in war zones for them to do their work.
> Other than that, Impasse confines himself to the limits of Swiss borders, despite the considerable applications of his powers, making him a fairly controversial figure in the League.

>reluctant hero that stops wars peacefully

I... actually think that's kind of brilliant. He just traps people and forced them to play nice?

Yep!

Well, more accurately he projects walls that keep opposing forces from being able to engage or fire on each other.

He brings the war to an "Impasse"

>What countries should I include on the team and what are some national characteristics and powers that the heroes should be fluffed with?
Does anyone have that chart about the various nationalities of Europe in the 19th century that describes nationalities like "quarrelsome" or "lustful"?

Good enough?

I remember that

>rub accept brother
Never saw this before but thanks!

I don't think I get those.

SKIMAN!
Saving the day with his amazing ability to ski, provided there's snow. He also works offshore on an oil rig during the summer season.

Literal translation of Chinese names for countries.

德国 = Germany
德 = Law, 国 = Kingdom, Land

Fuck, sorry, I meant 德 = morals

法国 is France and 法 = law

What's Murrica?

美国

美 = Beautiful, so you guys are "Beautiful Kingdom"

Haha based

Out of curiosity how did they decide these names for the countries?

Okay, so Captain America should be the reference point then.
And the countries are sending them over, or they are at least well like/respected there.

How about a group of Scandinavian heroes informally known as 'The Randy Scandis':
A group of young, tall, blond and handsome guys, when not in uniform more akin to frat boys then anything else. Maybe a bit rowdy, but good at heart.
The main three are these:

'The Fjord', Norwegian Superhero with water-based powers. One of the weaker ones in the Group, but the emotional center and the leader.

'Samson', nicknamed 'Mr Hotpotato', danish fire-based hero. His powers have their seat in his hair. For his 'ultimate' he has to burn them, leaving him bald afterwards.

'The Bearhunter', the Swedish martial-type hero who's proficient in most non-fire arms weapons and all types of hand-to-hand combat.
He has is peak human with good regeneration (Cpt. America level) but has no other Superpowers.

Sometimes, these two tag along as well:

'Thunderhammer', the Nordic-pagan flavored hero from Iceland, swinging a hammer and shooting lightning.
His family where the guardians of the ancient artifact for centuries, but the hammer awoke and showed his might only recently.

'Suomalainen raketti', the Speedster from Finland.

The signs are based on (the first) Syllables of the words.
德 - Dé - Deutschland (Germany)
法 - Fǎ - France
美 - Měi - United States of America

Other examples:
荷兰 - Hélán - Holland (Netherlands)
波兰 - Bōlán - Poland
The 'orchid' on the map is for 兰 - Lán which is used to make transcribe 'Land'

UK:
>Britannia, the Roman personification of the British isles themselves. She has been reincarnated as a British woman many times throughout history, her powerful artifacts somehow finding their way to her new avatar each time. The current incarnation of Britannia is a young woman from the north of England whose powers manifested following a terror attack.

>Exemplar was not born into power, but it was his destiny to take it - he is the wielder of the legendary sword Excalibur, and, under the guidance of the ancient wizard Merlin (not himself a member of the league), uses this power for the good of Britain, and the world.

I know the chart you mean, but I can't find it. Pretty sure it was older than the 19th century, though; more like 18th or even 17th.

Correction: Found it!

Why are Germans always so bad ass?

Aaaaaah

Thank you user, I tried looking for it but I had no idea what to search for

>heroes have to be memes
shit setting desu

add some tacoman for mexico, and some we wuz pharaohs for south Africa, and some cloud related super hero to peru, and some soulless shit for Asians

This
Nationality shouldn't be their only defining trait and their powers don't have to based on stereotypes at all.

I get all the other racist references in your post but what's the connection to clouds and Peru?

"cloud people", the whitest indians

>Fritz and the Dutchman
Other then the name implies this isn't a German/Dutch duo, but both are Belgians.
'Fritz', civil name Fred van den Berg, and 'The Dutchman', civil name Jacques Dumont, where a famous and beloved Flemish-Walloon Comedy Duo who hit their peak of popularity almost half a century ago.
Despite this, they continued to tour Europe with their poorly aging and borderline offensive material featuring 'Fritz', the short, fat and boisterous German in Lederhosen and Bierstein, and 'the Dutchman' his lanky, slow witted yet sly foil.
This came to an end when they where playing a gig for the Latverian Military and where 'accidentally' exposed to Omega-Radiation.
Both gained super human strength and healing, 'Fritz' super-speed and 'the Dutchman' super-intelligence.
Both in their 60's they nonetheless used this new lease on life to get into super heroing, to right the wrong that what done to them and to stop such things from ever occurring again.
Today they are the beloved 'funny old guys' of H.E.A.R.T.-Europe (Humans: Enhanced, Augmented & Resourceful, Troupe), and fight for a peace, justice and international friendship.

>Swedish border guard
>Returned to Switzerland

What?

I meant to type Switzerland, my bad.

He's Swiss, he was a Swiss border guard. It's based around the whole Swiss Neutrality trope.

Chinese guy should have the power to multiply and rapidly outnumber any foe.

I was thinking more like a character from Chinese mythology a la Thor

Or King Arthur since the legend goes that he will return in Britain's darkest hour

Sun Wukong, Great Sage Equal of Heaven

>Brazilian is a dancing black dude
>Indian is a caste system fag
>Australians are crazy criminals from a radioactive wasteland
>Brit woman is mentally handicapped
>South Korean is a gaamur girl starcraft proplayer kpop idol
>Japanese dude is literally yakuza
>Other japanese dude is a power ranger ninja
>German dude is a Knight
>French woman is a femme fatale
>Chinese character is shit
>American is literally Captain America meets Punisher
>Mexican can teleport over walls

How is Tracer mentally handicapped? Also Lucio is awesome as is Reinhardt and 76

Brazil is the de facto leader of South America, you should think about including someone from here.

Brazil is the mixing pot of the world so I'm not really sure about stand out characteristics - our thing is that we are all the things, all the time. So you could go for a metamorph or a copycat chracter if you want to go with this angle.

Or you can delve in our folklore and the candomblé religion for inspiration. Look up Saci Pererê, Headless Mule, Curupira for some inspiration, or some orixás like Iemanjá (Can make an Aquaman-like character using her as inspiration).

I'll try to come back to the thread later if you want to discuss any ideas.

Because I'm joking.

>Lúcio is awesome
>Reinhardt is awesome
Being stereotypes doesn't stop them from being cool. 76 is GOAT though.

Here's an idea: a character based on a literary figure. There's plenty to take inspiration from.

Because this chart was created by a German, you dolt.

This always makes me cringe in comics, the lack of imagination of authors when they have to create foreigner heroes or villains.
While american characters possess neutral powers like super strength or fly, the rest must have powers related to their nationalities for some reason.

>"So this is an Irish superhero and she has the superpower of luck, 'cause you knwow, Ireland's symbol is a shamrock and all."

>"I made an australian antagonist, and... well he's just really good at throwing boomerang."

>all those flowery names
>Russia, just Russia.

>Englishman
>Fashion: French
>Reigned By: Changing Every Day
>Bad Habits: Anxious

>Frenchman
>Science: Warfatre
>They Love: War
>War Virtues: Maliciously
>Death: In War

Yep, that's 17th or 18th century alright.

I actually love the idea of Brazil. Many people are of mixed ancestry from all around the world: Japanese, indigenous, African, European all come together to create a future world leader.

I honestly think such a diverse country is the future of earth and I celebrate your country's rise to the top

I agree.

Unfortunately our people is too dumb and our politicians too corrupt and unwilling to fix the first point.

Which is why we are "the country of the future" since the fucking 70s.

But let's not delve into /pol/shit and focus on stereotypical superheroes

>everyone's hero for the team is from a lesser-known region of the country
>the Anglosphere is particularly obnoxious about this

>the British Hero is Manx, the American hero is a Rhode Islander, the Canadian hero is from Prince Edward Island, the Australian hero is Tasmanian, the Irish hero hails from Tipperary, and New Zealand's hero is from the Chatham Islands

The most important nation of each region of the world should be included, so:
USA for North America,
Brazil for South America,
Egypt for North Africa,
Ethiopia for East Africa,
Nigeria for West Africa,
South Africa for South Africa,
India for South Asia,
China for East Asia,
Indonesia for Southeast Asia,
Bumfuckistan for Central Asia,
Germany/France for Western Europe,