Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

"Get behind us manlets, we'll show you how it's done" Edition

>FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (Part 1 and Part 2)
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First, fuck the Fisters.

Alright anons, it seems that Marines can expect 24 different Strategems.

What Strategem would you like for your faction?

Best color scheme? Best color scheme.

PLASTIC KIT WHEN ?
REEEEEEEEE

fifth for we don't even need chapter approved anymore

>drab and boring colour scheme
>best

>SM 7/28
>CSM+GK 8/18
>DG 9/22
Rumored release dates from previous thread

>tfw this will get a plastic kit before the the Thunderhawk

>pompous bright colors
>anything close to "decent"

>Random faggot says random thongs without any context
news at 11

Yes

>10 codices by Christmas
>1 codex per month

Sure why not

Never, it way to big.
Forge World at best.

Thunderhawk got a new resin mold and sculpt from gw. dont expect plastic thunderhawk before 2050.

Remember the power of technology, science, and the greater good. Remember the promise of progress and understanding, to bring an end to the carnage and slaughter and that buzzing in the comm channels.
It is the 42nd millennium, and it is ours.

soo does the little skull on top of the chadlains cane talk?

>Heroes never die.jpg
Not when they're chosen of Khorne, no.

except at least half of these codexes won't have model releases so they can as well release 3 per month for those.
Nonetheless, according to this schedule, we just need 2 for October, 2 for November, 2 for December.

That's what I meant. Even if they take their sweet time the Overlord is almost certainly getting the plastic treatment before the Thunderhawk.

What is Tau's proposed solution to the whole Chaos problem?

Gibe gk now...
Does anyone think we'll get model releases for them?

Join them? I seem to recall a certain fleet getting lost in a warpstorm...

Duh. GW just released a brand new resin kit. I don't think it can be done in plastic.

Part of me is thinking the Overlord won't be done, it's just too big.

Has anybody got a close up of the Chaplain and Apothecary? Chaplain is fucking baller. GW has done quite well bar the shitty jetpack things.

Resin version existing doesn't preclude plastic.
See Betrayal at Calth and Burning of Prospero.

The Overlord is never getting released.

>marine codex, marine codex, marine codex, Chaos marine codex, marine codex, marine codex

Ignore it! It worked for the big gold guy, right?

The what now?

Kek.. Dates aside, this release order was confirmed by GW. Check out their community blog thing

>w-why are player races getting more love than NPC ones?

Tau should be getting absolutely fucked by Chaos in their next codex's fluff, but they probably won't be.

Daemons after DG.

ECKS bawks HEUG am I rite fellow 4channer!

I have a feeling this is true. It'll be too big. So either FW kit or not at all. They need a 10-15 man flyer though.

>Tau are a shooting race!
>BS 4

Reminder that marinelets are obsolete junk

Is that devastator straight up using a necron gauss cannon?

Old Veeky Forums best Veeky Forums

So that confirms tau soon?

What's the problem? They killed Slaanesh, they can kill the rest.

Whats the drug of choice for Hellions? +1 Str or +1 Attack? I'm not much good at Mathhammer.

yeah lets stay the same and never change jokes and what not, surely that would be entertaining

IIRC the Ethereals at least were aware of Chaos being a thing back in 7th, and now we've lost an entire fleet to the warpstorm. I'm not sure if they can just ignore it at this point.

I hope so. Also chaos Tau/internal conflict would be nice.

I hope that something has changed about the Aun'va situation after this time skip. It's hard to believe the Tau have been being fooled by a hologram for this long. Or if they have, it should be called out as an example of how complacent the populace is.

While I don't like it, I expected it and even understand it.

+1 attack death by a thousand cuts!

omg, this looks so cool!

>Tigersharks AX-1-0
will be used vs vehicles, monsters and big stuff

>Sun Sharks
will br used against infantry

>Orca
certainly transportting infantry and XV8s. He'll try to bring it close to your lines to disgorge its cargo

>Coldstar
Warlord and harasser

>Manta
probably to finish the job for the other planes and to carry his entire land army

---

Pic related, my styrofoam attempt on a Tigershark AX-1-0 to test its rules before deciding on buying one

Is nobody gonna comment on the plasma inceptors with the new helmets? They look very Infinity but still better than the unholy abominations we got in DI

while there's certainly reasons to criticize 1d4chan, you can hardly blame them for writing that way when thats what this place was like then. And I would YOU want to go back and update hundreds of dumb jokes on a wiki to keep them relevant?

So I got the HH boxed sets (I love Mk3 armor) and now have 2 squads of Custodes....I've given in, how do I build an army of these guys? I know custodes are beasts on their own, but feel id struggle against horde armies and putting out enough shooting power.

What would be effective to run at 2000 points? What HQ would work best: Ordo Malleus, Gravis Captian, Librarian, etc?

10/10 color scheme
can't pick between this and carcharodons
also when are we getting chapter tactics?

>you can hardly blame them

Yes I can. Have they considered not making a shitty meme wiki?

SLAANESH WHEN

but that article is for a currebt thing being added to 40k, I think im in my right to criticize that they are writing the article like they would in quite awhile ago

That's a grav gun.

Bro. the mold is literraly 1 month old.

Is it? Oh then absolutely call them memeloving faggots, my mistake

From someone who knows shit about them, +1 Attack is better in majority of scenarios.

Maybe it's so big because it is filled with all the games PS3 doesn't have.

Well he got squatted in AoS and so far this new edition and subsequent releases mirrored AoS, so I'd expect him to go and get replaced by a 4th God. Probably Ynnead.

Chaos space marines are NPC tho.
You cant be a PC without a Warlord Titan.

yeah it's for a primaris flyer that showed up in the dark imperium book.

>before deciding on buying one
good luck with that user
might pick up some knarloc riders with that too

On that note are space shark chad marines ok?

In the new 40k get started magazine in the CSM section World Eaters, Death Guard and Thousand Sons are mentioned but not Emperor's Children. Not looking good for Slaanesh.

Can the thousand sons talk? Also what happens if they pull off there helmet?

What's your point?
A plastic Thunderhawk would still happen a lot sooner than a plastic Overlord given the Overlord would be at least Manta sized.

author who wrote the sharks of space books for BL said YES

>Thinking im defending the ps3 against xbox in that post
wow so this is the power of 1d4chan

I it would be extremely painful.

No and they can't.

All they do is psychically scream

>Can the thousand sons talk?

No.

>Also what happens if they pull off there helmet?

They'd probably "die."

The twat who wrote the recent Carcharodons novel blogged that Carcharodons didn't get given primaris by official channels, but pulled some of their super secret contacts to get them anyhow.

It would be extremely painful.

It was the only other ancient videogame system meme I could think of.

>so I'd expect him to go and get replaced by a 4th God. Probably Ynnead.
>Probably Ynnead.

>40,000 points of puss and ass

They can talk to TS sorcerors in their minds

They're big marines.

>I-I-t is too big !!!
Meanwhile japanese are doing things 3 times the manta size in MPP without moldlines since the 90's. Oh and 80+ articulations

Noted, thanks anons. Juggling who gets what drugs is tricky.

>Well he got squatted in AoS
The worst meme ever. Stop saying it. Slaanesh has had books about his followers, has rules, has fluff sections in the Chaos books and is regular mentioned in fluff events. Just because you only read 1d4chan, doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

I quit 40k mid-5th ed. Never played imperium. (started following these threads a week or two ago waiting for new npc race stuff). Plus I'm not wearing glasses.

Thanks my man.

The emperor is also a choice.
>daemonettes in use by both eldar and humans

where is her nose!

that expression is disturbing

>factions that sell the best get the most support
Gee, who'd have thought?

What model is the grey statue dude next to the Primmy Librarian

did my post ever say it was too big? I haven't seen the mini yet and only heard about the thing second hand.

No one is saying it physically could not be done.
Just that GW won't do it when they never even did the Thunderhawk for decades.
It's too big for most games and they wouldn't sell enough for the molds to be worth it.

+toughness on reavers works pretty well too. Saved their ass fighting a bunch of hellblaster chads.

kek

I was half-surprised when opening it to find that it didn't have a or several realistic anatomically correct vagina sculpted in.

Instead it's just a pretty well-executed model.

I thought the whole point of 30k was to dump all their marine bullshit somewhere else?
>marines are the poster boys
>sell the most
>make more marines
Don't kid yourself. Marine love is not 100% fanbased. It's a vicious cycle.

Fuck not the heritic user.

and they cost 1% of FW prices because they actually respect their customers.
The largest commercial miniature ever made is a replica of that bigass railway gun, it's the size of a smartcar and costs about $500.