Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

What kind of alien life forms are you interested in meeting in your future games?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81935/essentia-our-last-days
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-tale
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83254/carnal-crown
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Symbiotic lifeforms and bug people, mostly.

RotJR harvest festival greentexts when?

never

I hear there was smooching.

Cross posting from the last thread.

Carnal Crown, and I think I just had a breakthrough development. I'm going to use the Accursed story feat, so I need to come up with a fitting curse for my character (a skinwalker). Do you think this seems appropriate?

Curse of the Night-Beast
When exposed to moonlight, the skinwalker's body forcibly shifts to its bestial form. The skinwalker can resist this effect, maintaining their normal form, but is sickened for as long as they do so. Additionally, when in their bestial form (whether under moonlight or not), the skinwalker loses some part of themselves to the animal within, becoming prone to more animalistic behavior and instinct.

The second part of the curse has no real mechanical effect because I haven't thought of a mechanical way to represent "behaves more like an animal" without just becoming an NPC, so it's pretty much just an RP thing with some minor lewd potential. The first part is something I assume should come up pretty often in an AP like Carrion Crown, but the lack of a real (by which I mean mechanical) downside to just staying in the bestial form makes me worried this curse doesn't really do anything. Of course, I don't want to go too far in the other direction by making a curse that gimps the character.

There WAS smooching! It was very much a thing that happened!

Hnnnng

But was it cute?!

Ustaval is pretty xenophobic, so most places will likely not be welcoming to one so afflicted. If you're the werebat user, pick a species of bat, then copy a few of their behaviors. Vampire bats are the obvious pick, what with biting being erotic in certain contexts.

>CASIMIR AND VALERIYA BANGED A WHOLE LOT
>ONRYOU GOT RAPED BY A BIG FAT HORSECOCK
>SEHT KNOCKED UP SHAYLISS
>ETAN GOT HIS PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS STOLEN AND CRIED ABOUT IT
>AMEIKO'S HAVING A GNOLL'S BABIES

There, now you people have exactly what you want. So stop asking.

One of those memes doesn't even make sense, and I wish people would stop shitposting with ALL if those and demanding to hear about the games instead of just asking people involved directly how it went.

Fuck off Vult, just because people actually like non shit games isn't an excuse to sperg out like that.

What are some of your character's greatest treasures, /pgg/?

>Giant bat girls
>Somehow lewd

Literally the only lewd thing about bats is they're the only species of mammal out there aside from Humans that give blowjobs.

>What are some of your character's greatest treasures

His wife.

Have your character ever lost its teeth? Did he/she replace them with golden ones?

The girl he left behind.

No, and I don't plan to lose 'em, but I'm tempted to get Gyro Zeppeli-style grills at some point. It is that kind of campaign, after all.

Yes, they were ripped out during torture. He replaced them with mithral, and that actually came up in a fight when we were up against a Vampire.

Mmhm. There's certainly a downside there, but if it's only fluff it doesn't feel right. I'm hoping their might be some spell out there that I can say the curse inflicts the effect of, so I'm browsing through spells on the PFSRD right now.

Alternatively, I can try to come up with some other downside for the shifted form- I considered a -2 penalty to all mental attributes while in beast form, but the character is a caster so then I'm wondering if it's too much of a problem. Of course, with the Accursed feat the eventual goal is to cure yourself of the curse, so it's not like it would be a problem forever...

>the werebat user
Yes, that's me.

Having something like "You need to succeed on will saves to avoid doing X bat-like things" was the first thought I had in my mind too, but it seems like it would make the curse really messy if I just add a long list of triggering conditions that would force a save to avoid doing something or other.

Huh, news to me.

When did he realize he felt that way?

His hammer. The Forgeborn are taught to smith, traditionally. Their first task is to smith a hammer - their hammer. Some smith a hammer for working, war, or a simple trinket. It's mostly symbolic, but they all keep their hammer with them. It represents a piece of them. He made a Piston Maul, and he doesn't part from it, despite using an axe for fighting now.

What prompted him to leave her?

Probably after she castrated a man that tried to screw her after she made it abundantly clear she was a happily married woman with three kids.

Have you ever been in play by post games?
How did it go?

Does the hammer have any unusual marking or quality to make it his own? How long has he carried it?

>How did it go?

Poorly. Don't get me wrong, PbP is incredible for designing characters and taking inspiration from various writing styles, it's just so slow and impersonal that you will swiftly lose any interest in playing it after a month.

He's a dirty, no-good scoundrel and he's well aware of it. He wants to become a better man before he even thinks about putting a ring on her finger.

Poorly.
Like LARPs, it's basically a matter of who you know, and you're usually the new guy. There'll already be a clique set up, with someone as the leader, and they'll only be interested in talking to people they know.

You'll get maybe a few lines of interaction here and there, and it'll mostly be them shitting on you or "proving" you're wrong about everything you're passionate about. Any disagreements between you and another PC will be over before they start, because all the friends or e-fuckbuddies they already have will be jumping in to dogpile you purely due to OOC reasons. If you ever try to point this out, you're the downer spoiling everyone else's fun.

It's not so different from getting in on a /pfg/ game, really.

>You need to succeed on will saves to avoid doing X bat-like things

See, the only issue I have here is that Bats don't really have a lot of interesting qualities. They shit a lot, they give their partners blowjobs, they screech and eat bugs.

Yeah, that's the other problem with that idea. The more I think about it, the more I lean towards having the curse apply a -2 penalty to INT, WIS, and CHA while the character is in bestial form. That'll hit their casting stat, which feels like a pretty fair drawback and makes a reasonable amount of sense as a mechanical representation of having your mind become more animal-like.

It's inscribed, and it's fuckhuge, which makes it easy to spot. Our game has different ethnicities of Half-Giant, which is his race. That means his hammer is sized for a Large creature. His hammer is a weapon, so engravings of names of past warriors and prayers to Mother Earth are etched along the shaft and head.

>Make character that moves at 200 ft per action, 1000ft if run. Can run even faster if he spends mythic points
>Escaping from enemies
>They run as fast
Fucking how?! I move 5 times faster than a horse

because the DM hates you

Oh, and he's had it for about 28 years. He used it throughout his military service.

So...which game?

Does anyone ever actually take a camel as an animal companion?

In a desert game, yeah. Worked out alright.

If you are mythic, the best way to avoid fights would be using artifact tricks and mythic skill focus to always take 20 on stealth. Good luck, I am behind anywhere from 60-100 mod and counter any means to detect me past regular old rolling.

Though sure one person being high perceptaboo gives you room to be paranoid because other NPC fuckers can and will be doing the same (would even if pcs didn't)

Wow you sound like a dumb fag. It's a fucking camel lol.

If you meet a shitty GM in Roll20 you would hack into his comp so he be no longer able to log into the website?

yeah dude hacking works just like in the movies, fucking tickyity-tap at my keyboard, its magic

Yes

You got me. Fuck.

So I've been gone for 2 days, have we gotten any new games up or is it still the same roster?

>Iron Gods
>Fiends and Intrigues of House Karvane
>Carnal Crown
>Dominions of Vice

High level Mythic Godslayer campaign WHEN?

Yeah, uh... we got another. I can't remember the name, it's some sequel to a previous campaign.

How can you cast spells as a paladin if you have a one hander and a shield

Oh, Essentia got reincarnated, is that the one you mean?

I think there's some trait or feat or weapon quality that lets you use your weapon as a holy symbol.

Or you could just trust that your GM forgets about needing a focus.

That's the one. No other new ones that I recall seeing, but I was asleep for most of the last thread, so you might want to check it.

CURRENTLY OPEN GAMES

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81935/essentia-our-last-days
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-tale
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83254/carnal-crown
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane

Same dude from the previous thread
18, 14, 12, 18, 8, 12
Tiefling (tail, maw)
5th level Hexcrafter Magus
Traits: Wayang (frostbite), Magical lineage (shocking)
Must have feats: Rime Spell, Enforcer, Intensify Spell

Thinking on getting Intimidation Prowes and Improved initiative

First hex: Flight

Yes? no?

Don't get flight at first level. It doesn't kick in until around 5th, so you're better off with misfortune or evil eye.

I'm starting at 5th level though

GODSLAYER WHEN

when you run it

You're honestly making me want to bamboozle with a month application process just to shut you the fuck up until the end.

Pick aditional traits for +2 Ini and Int to intimidation
Pick extra arcana for arcane shield

Make a will save or take 3 shits

Is there an official ruling for two bonded items from different classes? Do I get to have two of them or am I stuck with one?

you cannot have two bonded items

>Symbiotic Lifeform
A !Venom Symbiote seems like an easy way to add claws or tail bits to races that don't normally have them, on top of being cool in general.

>Bug people
What type of bug people?
I've got hive minded beetles, berserker wasps, but I don't know what to do with Centipedes

anyone got the penis rape rules handy? looking for the table.

...wat

You should do that!

From last thread, since i got no replies: Retraining question: I'm playing a swashbuckler6 in a guns heavy campaign (suicide, i know) and my teamwork feat partner has decided he's retaining out of the one I've convinced him to take so far. The question is, is there any reason i should take something other than Improved Called Shot (since it's explicitly allowed this time)? Next best option with what I've got is improved trip/disarm (because weapon finesse applies) or one of the starter feats like dodge, toughness, imp initiative, quick draw, etc.

I don't suppose anyone have & are willing to share the Pathfinder Legends - Curse of the crimson throne, Audio plays ?

What feat is it?

>imp initiative
This is always a good feat to take, no matter what. He who moves first generally is the one who wins combat

Pay some money to engrave the holy symbol on your shield or tattoo it on your forehead.

Am I missing something or does the desperado warlord not get dex to damage with guns?

Out of curiosity what are the best occult classes? It's been a while since i've played pathfinder, but all the occult classes seem like essentially reflavored spell casters, yeah?

Create Reliquary Arms and Shields (from ultimate magic) or buy consecrate'd weapons (what the feat makes) they cost 250G more then the base price for the weapon

It can get full BAB to go with a slightly janky-but-fun version of 6th level spontaneous casting, it can't get fullcasting.

Low level rusty dagger shanktown goblinslayer campaign when?

Her family and her friends!

Her giant dong

So the occultist can be a proficient fighter and has partial casting. But it can only do that one it gets to level 16+ essentially?

A +3 Adamantine Impact Vicious fishing pole he has used to bag creatures four size categories larger than him in his travels around the world, fishing in the most dangerous waters and deadly regions looking for the Deadliest Catch.

And his family I guess, but can that really be considered a treasure when he has a +3 adamantine vicious impact fishing pole?

Hi Broodie.

It's attached to her giant of a lover, is it?

"Lover" is such a strong word.

Accurate, though, if he's not just looking for a quick pump and dump

Nigga it can have full BAB as early as level 2, it just only functions with one particular weapon, and may require you to sword'n'board

Does she get many opportunities to see them?

Would "fuck buddy" fit their relationship better? Tell us about him!

What sorts of creatures has he managed to catch with it?

"Paramour" perhaps?

Don't have it, sorry m8

Paramour is just a lover by a different name!

The necklace his father gave him.

He keeps it with him as a reminder of his past sins, and his promise to his father to liberate their homeland from the Horsemen.

It also serves as a reminder of the fact that he was once a minion of the Horsemen.

Have you ever had an NPC be built up as some badass by other NPCs but turn out to be just a normal dude (or vanilla adventurer)?

A few dinosaurs, some aquatic fiends and two ships he had to drag to shore because his line refused to snap and the hook costs a small fortune.

But it implies a different kind of relationship. A more furtive one!

Well he's 6'8, weights a fucking ton, two sets of testicles, and he's cumming.

The Celestial Amphibian just got banned lol

Usually happens whenever I make an NPC. The PCs win initiative, or just rolled something OP, so they steamroll em and just go "wow yous a bitch"

who and/or what