Vampire Counts in 40k: Part II

Robot Zombies From Outer Space Edition!

Last Thread:
Because if the Tomb Kings got a 40k equivalent, why not the Vampire Counts? So, last time we discussed the origins of cyber-vampirism through a mad heretek's experiments with Necron nanotechnology, and we covered how the equivalents of the different "vampire" bloodlines could have emerged.

But what about the rest of the VC units? What about the necromancers and the skeletons and all those other ghouls and undead? What do they look like in the grim darkness of the distant future?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Creature_Feature_Creation_Table_for_/tg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>skeletons
Well servo skulls are already a thing. So why not just do the same sort of thing but with the whole skeleton wired up with pistons and cables so it can move around?

So what are their weapons like? Are we sticking to this being a melee-only faction like in Fantasy?

"Nanomancer's" are the 40K equlivant to Necromancers, who, in essence, are Adeptus Mechanicus Members are walking Nanomachine banks who make Corpse Constructs and lesser Cyborgs and Thralls.

Skeletons are called "Servotons" bassically there skeletons with a thin layer of nanopast making a thin layer of synthetic skin. there more or less useless and are made to act like low level servitors.

Ghouls and Strigoi are Jokaero/monkeys the Cyber Cult find on various human worlds.

"Cyborks" are low level Thrall who have there Fungus like biology converted to Cyberorgans. yada yada, technobabble. instead of Spores they produce more Nanomachines.

While its theoretically possible for Nanodermis can convert Xeno Species, its currently impossible to infect them to be on the same levals of Vampyrs.

Both Mekash and Nerata could both Easily make Xeno strains, its just that they dont want to/dont care enough about other species to waste the time to do so.

Abhumans, like the Jokaero, can be convirted. however there will be numerous unintended side effects and numerous mutations that are not beneficial to the rest of the species as a whole.

I'm torn on that issue. I mean, skeletons were exclusively melee fighters in Fantasy, but that was because the idea was that they were ancient war dead who rose with the weapons they'd been buried with. With that in mind, I'd say it would make more sense for them to have a mix of melee weapons and lasguns/autoguns.

Like the cyber-necromancer could build little simplistic robots that would burrow down into mass graves or catacombs or whatever and latch onto a skeleton and extend its mechanical tendrils along its limbs to reanimate it like a puppet, whereupon the skeleton grabs whatever weapon is close at hand and scrambles up out of the ground.

Id say equip the with Autoguns. Nice and simple

So who wants to brainstorm the origin/fluff for Gheist?

Basic idea is that there Vampyrs horribly mutated by the Halo Devices.

>Basic idea is that there Vampyrs horribly mutated by the Halo Devices.
I'm cool with that. The relics from the Halo Stars are pretty cool and deserve more than a vague mention in a couple of Rogue Trader books.

So, we know that Pariahs are born human. We know that Necrons used to be suspect of seeding humanity with the Pariah Gene. Wouldn't it make sense for certain Necron Courts to keep cattle of Human Pariah to breed and harvest "Soullessness" from? Cause vampires keeping humans as live-stock is a pretty common trope.

Inquisitor Zon Vandersten, before he became a pawn to the Cyber Vampyre menace had a intriste in the Halo Devices. and used his position outside of "official" Imperial borders to his advantage and spent the vast majority of his freetime researching and hunting such a mythical Divine Devices, but alas, perished before he had the hopes and misfortune to find one.

His Strain and bloodline, however, continued there Fathers struggle, and on the furthest reach of space where not even Chaos could manifest in the matterium, They found one. and suffered the Fate there Father blissfully avoided

sure, its not like there the first 40K race to harvest humans on mass.

anyone here?

One can imagine recently turned cyber-vampires being unsatisfied with what they've gained and traveling out to the fringes of known space pursuing rumors of yet greater power through the Halo Devices. After all, they've already gotten results from infusing themselves with Necron nanomachines, so surely using yet another ancient forbidden technology would only make things better, right? Except they find out too late that their already inhuman physiology binds to the Halo Device far more readily than a normal mortal man, accelerating the process of madness and physical transformation that usually accompanies the Halo Devices. Each use of the device's power warps their minds and bodies still further, eventually reducing them to bestial horrors.

You get that great "undone by their own hubris" sort of feel going on.

It's still daylight in most of Veeky Forums-land. The rest of the posters will come soon enough.

While the the rest of the Cyber Vampyrs view the Giest Strain to humans are a race to be pitied and a blight tho the great Vampyr race, they still have there uses.

such as Void Combat.

its unkown exatly why the Giest Strain can survive in the Void of space, mabye its a ironic gif the Halo Stars blessed them with, or maybe its a some weird mutation.

however, due to there immense strength there a hight threat to Imperial ships, tearing holes in the side's as a crude form of Breaching. one it enters the ship the crew is slaughterd en mass and hunted by the Grotesque beasts.

So my biggest question is what does this change for 40k at a high level? Does this make the imperium weaker? Does this help chaos?

Or are the vampire counts ultimately not common enough to really tip the balance?

bassically there giant bat Xenomorphs who crack ships open and eat the crew like sardines

not much. there more of a Ork/Tau leval threat.

though I Kinda wanna work on when the Inquisition/Imperium at Large finds out about these guys and freak the FUCK out.

also probally have a Armageddon size war where a entire System/sector gets rekt or somehing.

forgot pic

>Vampyrs get foot holds on enough worlds that it starts effecting the tiths.
>also more and more messages get through about a new Xeno/Mutant bread spreading around the galaxy
>send the the guard/space marines/inquisition to see whats happening
>first contact, corpse constructs everywhere.
>hordes of thralls in the lower/underhive
>fuckfuckfuck
>first bit of investigators ded
>send a crusade to the Halo Stars to deal with the new threat.
[spoilers]UV light las guns are invented[/spoilers]

gotcha, and for my understanding, how strong is one of these vampires?
Is the average one weaker or stronger than a standard space marine? Same question for a chaos space marine.

>UV Las Guns.
>the "UV" dosnt stand for "UltraViolet", but as "UltraViolent" for the Vampyrs die in droves when used against them

still working on it. but they have a Renigade Space Marine chapter with experimental Blace Carapace, so there's that.

i recommend reading the Previous thread so that your up to date with us.

speaking of which

>The Bloody Tears SMC Where a experimental chapter made during the Cursed Founding

>The goal of this chapter was to weaponize on the Blood Angels "black rage" Geneseed defect. but instead of becoming Senguinius they all become mini Night Haunters basically. along with a experamental Black Carapace called "Nanopace", which allowed them to hide there Power Armor with in there veins when not in use.
>however, like with every chapter from the cursed founding, they where deeply flaw'd
>after they left planet, the dead they would slaughter would rise back from the dead and often would plunge worlds they have once saved back into Anarchy.
>After the Purging of the Firehawks the inquisition set there sights on the Bloody Tears, believing that they too where tainted by Chaos.
>there Chapter Master, Val'ucaard Szepesh (cont

stealing for the rest of the description

Brutal, but honorable warrior who was forced out of the Imperium not because of treason, but because it was discovered that his chapter were descended from the Night Lords' tainted gene seed. Living in exile with his battle brothers on the fringes of the remote Transylv'an Sector, he came to hate the dogmatic ways of the Imperium he once served, but was too proud to become a slave to the Chaos Gods as so many others had. He reformed his warband as a knightly order holding dominion over the serfs of the sector's feudal worlds, swelling the ranks of his forces with whatever wayward souls who would swear to his code.

As his warband grew in influence, it was only a matter of time before he attracted the attention of Imperial agents. Now accused as a Chaos Lord by his former masters, he faced overwhelming forces arrayed against him. The Dark Gods once more sought his loyalty with offers of great power, yet once more he refused them. It was then, in his darkest hour, that a strange envoy came before him. A pale creature of glistening synthetic flesh and almost formless grace. She claimed to speak for one on Mars, bearing a mighty gift for those who, like her nameless master, stood apart from the Imperium. What choice did he have but to accept?

He and his men were transformed, their bodies remade in a blasphemous fusion of flesh and Necron nano-technology. Beyond the grip of death, stronger and faster than any mortal man, they swept aside the Imperial expeditionary force in a single night of horror and blood. It was only then that he came to understand the price he had paid for this victory as he watched his men feast upon the dying and felt the same hunger growing insatiably within him.

and thats all the things iv saved on my computor fro m the last thread.

So who wants to start spit balling ideas and writing fluff?

And please dont hesitate to ask. if you have something on the mind say it.

They probably aren't much of a threat to the Imperium, in that I really don't see them raising armies and invading the way Chaos does. These guys are nobles and heretical AdMech who just wanted immortality and power. As long as their personal domains are secure, they don't have much in the way of goals; there's no ideological element driving them to conquer.

The areas under their control would basically be a no-go zone, both for the Imperium and for other factions. If the Imperium was smart about it, they could probably use the vampire counts' territory as a sort of buffer against xenos and Chaos incursions.

>Buffer for xeno and Chaos incursions

Go on.

If you don't like the idea that the Orks could be infected, please ignore.

Attempts to test the strain on an Ork Nob were either wildly successful or a disaster depending on who you ask. The already ferocious creature became more belligerent than ever, slaying other orks left and right and draining them of their bodily fluids. The vampire orc grew larger through time and battle, as is usual for its kind, but it also became more and more mutated. It now stands a bit over 8 feet tall, and is covered in grey metallic skin and spiked bony protrusions. A small warband has started to follow it, calling it warboss thirster. They make slurping sounds as their warcry, mimicking the noises their boss makes as he sucks his victims into lifeless husks.

>The Ork strain is called Strain Wendigo
>They can't produce spores and have to contantly raid other Warbands for more orks do to being sterile

>Nanodermis cannot infect Tyranids due to a extremely alien biology
>instead, they infect Genestealer Cults and try to salvage any of the Tyranid genetics they can get there hands on

it also may appere that the Beasts have a thick layer of Hair covering there bodeys, but after further investigation it becomes evident that the "hair" is actually translucent wires that protrudes from the skin.

>a group of Dark Eldar ships passing through the Transylv'an sector on a slave raid approaches too close to a world under the control of a vampire lord
>a vast ruin of a ship comes drifting towards them from high orbit
>the ship reads as lifeless on their sensors and they pay it no heed, mistaking it for a remnant of a space hulk
>as the ship drifts into their midst, flocks of Geists take flight from its corroded spires and descend upon the Dark Eldar without warning, ripping into their fragile hulls
>grappling hooks fired from the vampire's ship reel in the crippled fleet to be boarded by necro-tech constructs
>the Dark Eldar stand little chance against the numberless legions of bone and metal, and are quickly overwhelmed
>20,000 prisoners are expelled into the void of space through the airlocks, forming a ring of frozen Eldar bodies orbiting the vampire lord's world
>henceforth, he is known as Vlad the Expeller

"Ghost Ships" are the name giving to the ships the Vampyrs make, use, and sell to Rogue Traders.

the names a misnomer however, for the Ships are actually massive Corpse Constructs filled to the brim with mutilated corpse within the walls.

the ships will also slowly infect the crew with airborn strains that slowly deteriorate the flesh of the crew when there asleep. it later adds them to the massive complex of gore that it houses within its walls.

not going to lie this gave me a glee boner.

also, should Ghost Ships be there own thing, like , or should they just look like regular old imperial ships with gross blue guts in it?

"However, if any of the Crew turns out to be a Blank/carries the Pariah Gene, the ships automated Nano generators will start making him a Vampyr Lord, and gives him the option to turn the rest of his crew into lesser Vampyrs to obey his biddings

They should look normal for the most part, at least the ones that get sold.

I would imagine that the best quality kind looked old and worn out while the worst was visibly rotting away.

The vamps would be in a singularly good position to recover space hulks and rebuild ships from them, on account of their undead minions being mostly immune to the dangers of madness and corruption that you'd find in drifting hulk.

A lot of them would be old Imperial ships but if you take apart one of the larger truly ancient space hulks, some of the ships you'd find would inevitably be spooky pre-Imperial relics.

like the Men of Iron?

>Ghost Ship enter's a solar system to raid for blood

>everyone planetside see the ship in orbit
>jaw unhinges
>screamer.jpg
>it only gets louder the closer it gets to the planet

so what where the equilivant to Space Marines in WHF? Knights? Warrior Priests?

lets for the sake of convince a single Giest can probally fuck up a single Astarte, probally scars, noting a bit of blood wont fix.

versus a squad however, probably will lead to less than amazing results.

jokaero aint abhuman bro

there Monkeys and thats enough for the Virus to take root.

So that could offer a way to fit the banshees into this version; tainted machine-spirits of ancient ships wrested from space hulks by the vamps.

You know, screaming at the horror of having been trapped alone in the circuits of a dead ship for countless thousands of years drifting in and out of the warp.

what should Factions relations be?\

Imperium as a whole probably hate them as a whole.

Chaos probally finds them interesting, but cant stand being near the things because warp magic stops working when ever they enter Vamp space.

>whenever the Virus makes contact with a Machine Spirit, the Nanodermis starts to form body's for the now corrupted spirit.

grey goo bodeys

Reports say that there is a in between the Borders of Tau space and the Halo ring that the Tau call "Jiangshi"

blabla bla fuff they infect the FireCast and turn them into Thralls while the Crysis Battle Suits get turned into Corp's Constructs with the entrails of the unsalvageable dead

so what happens when Eldar get infected? do they retain there Psychic powers or do there souls get Destroyd by the Virus?

if its the latter than I see some sources for conflict

also spitball idea

>Both Nanodermis and Wraithbone Canncles eachother out on contact
>its unkown why, but for whatever reason the wraithbone essencaly become sponges for Nanodermis

Eldar use this for there Advantage to stop the progression of Grey Goo

The Imperium was fast to act when they first became aware of the Vampyre menace.

thinking that this was another outbreak of the Bloodtide the High Lords sent the Ordo Hereticus and Malleus with both Camber Militants to resurrect and destroy this new scourge.

the First to make planetfall where the Sisters of Battle and Storm Troopers who slain horde upon horde of Thralls and Corpse Constructs.

when the first wave where finally slain the Grey Knights where sent in to where pockets of sisters still frighted Valiantly, then slaughterd them and coated there Armor in there blood for protection.

This went poorly and there very armor started to fight against them. some one expand this please

>Imperium as a whole probably hate them as a whole.
I like how in WHFB, the vampires are sort of a known secret that is allowed to continue because they are too valuable to the Empire (though that doesn't stop a rogue witch-hunter from wrecking their shit from time to time.) Similarly, I like the "the Imperium can't survive without its rampant hypocracy" meme in 40k.

I feel like the tithes from MOST vampire worlds would in-fact be higher than before, because of the brutal efficiency of necro-servitors being the majority of the labor. It would take some doing to keep up a conscription tithe, but a food/resource tithe would actually improve in yield.

>In no small part thanks to the backroom dealings of the Inquisitors and Rogue Traders of the Vandersten family, the Transylv'an is largely ignored by the larger armies of the imperium, and by all official records, is still part of the imperium. They are remarkably loyal planets by all counts: mere PDF's dealing with much greater threats than expected, and their agri-worlds producing vast a vast surplus of food to be shipped to other sectors. "Surely this is the work of fanatical loyalty" is the official line. The sheer number of threats stopped by the sector has dissuaded the high-lords from mounting any direct investigations. The few inquisitors who were rumored to have gone investigating of their own accord have a tendency to have their names stricken from the record, and quietly shoved to the bottom of the pile by automated machine-spirit docu-sorters. There are of-course rumors, but those in a position to mount such investigations gain far to much saftey and tithe from the region to want to rock the boat.

>40k Vampire Counts

The only thing that matches the level effete snobbery of the Vampire Counts from Fantasy, to me, would be exiled or expunged Imperial Ecclesiasticy come back from the dead to do their own thing against Guilliman. I openly admit to not reading much into this thread so I apologize if that was already mentioned by someone else.

The way I originally envisioned the virus, the Eldar would surely have their soul destroyed.... BUT... silver lining.... not by Slaanesh.

>Yes Farseer, I indeed have a way to permanently stave off She Who Thirsts. I know my.... nature... makes it both difficult to see my future and makes your kind uncomfortable, but if I focus on suppressing the aura, and you look into the future, you will see that what I say is true. If you work with me, never again will another soul of this craftworld be devoured by Slaanesh: that I can promise.

Dark Eldar seem like vampire counts to me.

can we at least say the Eclisiarchy/Ministorum? hates them and tries to fund crusades against the place?

hell, The Inquisition are probably still hunting the Bloody Tears. they probally could twist that this is all foul Sourcery thats tainting the system.

the backroom dealings still work smaller/out of the way strains. good way to explain why the Vanderstens outside of the Transylv'an system

you could probally twist it being a offering to help create Ynnead. that would probaly make a few Eldar listen to you.

how

>The Imperium was fast to act when they first became aware of the Vampyre menace.

>thinking that this was another outbreak of the Bloodtide the High Lords sent the Ordo Hereticus and Malleus with both Camber Militants to resurrect and destroy this new scourge.

>the First to make planetfall where the Sisters of Battle and Storm Troopers who slain horde upon horde of Thralls and Corpse Constructs.

It was later revealed that a "Genestealer Cult" had taken hold on the planet, and needed to be exterminated. A loyal neigboring "PDF" came to the planet to exterminate the cult, and their heroic self sacrifice in the face of the enemy was truly heroic, and while they did succeed in many battles, it was ultimately determined by Inquisitor Vandersten, that the planet would be subject to exterminatus.

After the viral-bombs were dropped, there were no signs of life, and to this day, no psychic scans reveal any life on the planet.

>This is Lord Vandersten. You will cease this silly disruption of our isolation at once. A few dead Nuns is one thing, but an entire investigation that I didn't even have time to usurp? That's going too far. You will move your operrations underground, and you will cease the utilization of all living serfs at once, or this exterminatus will be real.

> resurrect
meant research. fugg

Good Middle ground.

Thralls play "dead" again, so do the Vampiric nobles. all the civies die. plannet gets repopulated and renamed. and the new nobles get infected as well.

Honestly, 40k Vampire Counts would be a great launch vehicle for Chaos Eldar. Chaos Eldar have been this nebulous thing that has been floating around forever in the fluff but never otherwise touched upon. You have Fallen Phoenix and that's about it. Once more, they would be a pretty good foil for Girlyman's current semi-reasonable Eldar Alliance and if they combined with the Dark Mechanicus or the like fallen ecclesiasticy such as Miriael Sabathiel, 40k Vampires would also be a nice re-launch vehicle for the SoB, giving them a legit villain to fight, something the SoB have always lacked outside the ever forgettable hordes of the usual heretics.

I feel like the Eclisiarchy REALLY wants to mount a full investigation, but the Administratum and the Ordo [Haven't Figured Out Which Ordo Vandersten is Yet) are sufficiently corrupted (not totally corrupted, just corrupted in JUUUUST the right places) that they can't get approval. This of-course doesn't stop the occasional fanatical preacher, or puritan inquisitorial rival of Vandersten, from going rogue and mounting their own invasions.... but how well did it work out for witch hunters when they went after the Von Carsteins?

Like, yeah, the Eclisiarchy/Ministorum ABSOLUTELY hates the sector, and really resents that they are largely kept out (save for Vandersten's personal "Sisters of Battle.") There's definately a shadow-war going on there. But if you were to read the records outside of the sector, you would never know.

Ordo Necros? those guys are Vague enough that we could do our own thing with them.

or we could always make out own i would prefer not to though, that takes time

We could also go Ordo Hereticus, to
A: justify how he manages to keep the Ministorum from COMPLETELY exposing the sector's "secrets."
and
B: Allow him to have an army of converted Vampire-Nun Sisters Of Battle.

lets get back to , shall we?

So the Impirium at large keeps the Vampyr, or at least Transylv'an Sector because there Usefull to keep around (other stains in the Halo Stars are fair game though).

What do Necrons think of there halfbreed children?

Deal

>hey we will help you escape death
>orylle? neat
>oh fuck we have a physical comuter virus aids now

BOOM! Necrarch

The nano virus still eats at the soul of the Necrach strain, however, some psychic residue remains, however hampered.

Instead of sucking the Blood of mortals the Necrach suck the warp presance out of there victims to fuel there weakened soul.

there seem to be no physical difference between Necarch's who come from The Craftworlds or Commorragh

there also appears to virtual be no Presance of Necrach Thralls, this is confuses Xenobiologists to no end.

Necrons don't pay that much attention to them. they view Nanodermis to be a interesting thing to research. but they wont go out of there way to collect the stuff.

Interestingly they dont have a urge to kill them on site. which allows them to exist on the same planet more often than not.

"Wild" strains from Vandersten are still up for grabs, those are allways burnt whenever word of one comes out

What does Chaos think of us? like each God and there followers?

Food that has gone bad.

Oh absolutely. Lord Vandersten doesn't even bother to stop it. Letting the newly minted impetuous counts run from the Imperium's more fanatical elements serves both to seperate the wheat from the chaff, and teach a valuable lesson in why remaining OFICIALLY part of the Imperium is of such import to HIS sector.

Rolled 32 (1d100)

Lets make a Corpse Construct, like for fun to pass the time

1d4chan.org/wiki/Creature_Feature_Creation_Table_for_/tg

"FUCK YOU THOSE MARINES WHERE OUR GOODS, FUCK YOU TZEENCH, YOU FUCKED ME OUT OF A WARBAND' Khorn saidm breaking the Table.

"hey, dont look at me, Nurgle is the one who corrupted them", he makes a jester to the corner of the Room.

"Bwaa? Buh I cahn feel plem, bi hab notting teh do wih'em" words slurped out of his mouth.

Meanwhile Slaanesh is in her room furiouse that the new Breed of Eldar taste worse than the original.

ok, what do Orks think?

they probably think to Krump because Thralls get resurrected on mass. but they probally get tired after a while of fighting the same thing for the last 5 months and probably leave.

Deldar all ready know about us, seeing as Mekash traded the faulty version with them, found out that a Sector was filled and decided "let's give Mekash a surprise party!", but they vastly underestimated just how truly dangerous they are and died. And that probably/definitely chaught the attention of several Kabals

Learn to spell, holy fuck.

I had an idea about this, that also links to the other bloodlines, and how they might be represented on table... or at-least a little bit.

>Nerata and her progeny keep their connection to the adeptus mechanicus alive, and those connections run deep.
>For each detatchment of Nerata or [Nerata Successor Bloodline] included in your army, you may include one Adeptus Mechanicus detachment, regardless of keywords. These detachments may not include named characters.

>The Vandersten are consumate manipulators, and it is largely their influence that keep "The Inner Vampire Systems" off the radar. When the need arises, he can even call upon the mortal PDF's of the sector, who fight as fanatically to defend their way of life as any loyalist.
>For each Vandersten or [Vandersten Successor Bloodline] detachment in your army, you can include one Astra Militarum detachment in your army, regardless of keywords. These detachments may not include named characters.

>The Bloody Tears have been known to proselytize to their former bretheren, and their "initiates" are composed of converted warbands.
>For each Bloody Tears or [Bloody Tears Successor Bloodline] detachment in your army, you may include one Heretic Astartes detachment. These detachments may not include named characters.

>While the Orks are not known to bend the knee to anything insufficiently orky, when a giant bloodthirsty ape, who communicates through brutal cunning rather than words, builds tech like a mekboy, and (most importantly) can shapeshift his skin to green, many a warboss has been lead to believe such creatures to be avatars of Gork or Mork.
>For each Strogoi or [Strogoi Successor Bloodline] detatchment in your army, you may include one Ork detatchment in your army, regardless of Keywords. These detachments may not include named characters.

>Many of the Necromonculus, themselves, live within Commorragh. While these neigbors are much more savvy to their ways than the worlds of lesser races, similarly they don't seem to care when "the weak" are infected and converted, so long as the domain of the Necromonculus does not step on the toes of anyone they cannot overcome in a turf-war. Similarly, their unique method of feeding is not out of place here. This has lead to the occasional Archon calling upon the aid of a Necromunculus for a realspace raid. Their prices tend to be higher than those of Heamonculus Covens, more direct and less essoteric. They want bodies and souls: simple as that.

I believe he was intentionally misspelling to imitate the sound of Nurgle's voice from the popular series "What If The Emperor Had A Text To Speech Device."

Bingo.

>For each Necromonculus, or [Necromonculus Successor Detatchment] detachment, you may include one Drukhari detatchment in your army, regardless of keywords. These detachments may not include named characters.

Spit ball.

"Ghouls" are not the Thrall of strigoi, instead they are individuals infected Personally by a Vampyre lord.

Functionally there one step above Thrall with being intelligent entity's, however they lack the ability to Infect others with the Ghoul strain. And still have the Cyberorgand ghouls poses as well.

*Cyberorgan