Why do you think gw doesn't want to give slaanesh any love? He is definitely the most neglected chaos god

Why do you think gw doesn't want to give slaanesh any love? He is definitely the most neglected chaos god.

Is it because he makes them uncomfortable? Is it for the children they want to market towards? Is it because it's starting to hit a little too close to home on many aspects of our decadent society? Is it because they don't want to upset trannies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kSvoIWRTwwI?t=251
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

Also what do you think they should do with slaanesh? Embrace him again and go back to how it was, tits out daemonettes and all? Should they keep him but further censor the sexual aspects of it until they are basically just cenobites from hellraiser? Or should they kill off slaanesh for good?

Basically this.
40k has lost it's metal.

They're supposed to be cenobites from Hellraiser. Slaanesh is Hell Priest but less obviously male.

Slaanesh has always been the cringiest part of 40k

>ach...axthually slaanesh is very complex and about excess in every nuance

No. It's always been sex drugs and rocknroll and pretending otherwise is even cringier

Good riddance

As society becomes more and more sex-obsessed and promiscuous, it makes less and less business sense to market those traits as evil.

Pinhead was female in the novel

Don't think the pendulum will swing back towards conservative values at any point? (don't mean political, please no /pol/)

The only places glorifying slut culture are college campuses. The 'worst' of which are falling victim to the free market, at least in the States.

Right. I just think that there could be an expanding market for Slaanesh as a villain due to the slowly resurgent demonizing of promiscuous/deviant culture. Even areas that have seen recent mass support have at most only succeeded at being classified as annoying in the general public's eyes.

If it does, it will take a long time to do so, the momentum is still in favour of anti-tradition for personal relationships.

I mean nurgle who is lore wise oldest and strongest gets little attention as well
But honestly slannesh makes no sense how does a god whose power source is decadence and a dying species compete with the guys who get power from despair, violence and hope for change/ ambition
When the 40k living conditions are so comically ridiculously awful it makes east Germany look like a luxury hotel?
Who is able to afford decadence? Sure governors but those are rare compared to despairing dudes, violent dudes and dudes who want change

>nurgle
>strongest
nurgle chaos marines were a huge feature of the most recent box set. where ya been?

Yeah they just now got some attention but for the most part it's like only khorne and some times tzeentch exist

true. You could definitely rate the level of attention with khorne at the top and then tzeentch and then nurgle.

But slaanesh is definitely last. Which is a shame because I, for one, would love some truescale noise marines

Pinhead was sexless in The Hellbound Heart. Which was not a novel.

His power source is effectively pleasure and the desire for pleasure. In the grimdark future a lot of people want to have easier luxurious lives.

>australia in charge of handling the bantz

More electric guitars

Not desire just having and in grim dark future not really a option for most dudes

Now the real question nobody asked. When the gay man put the didgeridoo into the other gay man's ass, did he play the didgeridoo?

If you're worried about 'cringe' I don't know how you can stand any part of 40k at all.

>"I'm a whale Eddy, an endangered mammal, love me."

it will probably end like this

slaanesh is definitely the weakest of the four, but you are definitely wrong if you think the sex and depravity that gives slaanesh power is nonexistent in 40k. The bulk of it probably takes place within the Dark Eldar but to say it doesn't exist at all within the empire is a gross oversimplification of a galactic wide society of oft-crazy people.

>There is only war
from just a war standpoint, any soldier who gets just a little too much pleasure from painfully carving into his enemies with a bayonet or who purposely seeks to maim over kill outright pleases slaanesh. There are some pretty sadistic people within the empire.

GW doesn't seem to understand the cause and effect of sales (which is to say, unsupported lines will sell less), so when they see one line underperforming (Slaanesh, Imperium factions that aren't Space Marines) and one that is selling well (Marines), their natural tendency will be to pile on more support for the good-selling line, not realizing the self-fulfilling prophecy they're creating.

It's why Khorne gets all the attention. Not only does he have the easiest and safest theme, but I imagine he probably sells the best out of the Chaos factions too.

Slaanesh has the double whammy of being both relatively unpopular among the four gods and also in possession of the hardest theme to build an aesthetic around, Tzeentch coming close. "Dude my daemons are all angry red Satans" and "dude my daemons look like variations of snot because they're always sick" are much easier to work with then intangible concepts like "perfection" and "desire".

Is this a reference to this?

youtu.be/kSvoIWRTwwI?t=251

Old ass video at this point.

Heavens to Betsy no that's not what I'm saying I'm saying that she should be weakest and probably so much weaker did should be reclassified as like a minor god having a triangle of power struggle between the big three would be a lot more interesting and the Minor God's could have more of a role as tiebreakers if this was done and now that's just what I think they should do with the balance of power with the big four

Nah I think he should remain one of the big four if at the very least for the reason that the galaxy was probably permanently torn asunder due to his birth alone and no other Chaos God has had that big of a visible effect on the materium.

He is the weakest, yes. But by no means insignificant enough to be considered 'minor'.

He should be major at first as he's riding the power high of eating most of b the eldar but once he pretty much runs out of eldar to snack on and the boost wears off he should be demoted left a minor power with a huge chip in his shoulder like post world war two France or post 1960ish Britain

You are obviously much less of a fan of slaanesh than I am.

The leader of the cenobites and the one which would be referred to as pinhead are different characters in the book, with the former being genderless and the latter being female.

True but part of it I just really like the triangle of power balance idea, it allows for more power plays and politicking amongst the big three and creates a grey zone you can fit minor gods and other independent chaos entities in
since she's the only one of the four you could conceivably demote to create this she would have to get the axe

Slaanesh is neglected because it's the God of sex drugs and rock and roll, and all that stuff stopped being fun in the 80s. Slaanesh is a remnant of the past that can't move on.

what did google mean by this?

>Doesn't know about that influx of female writers with problem hair and general red flags since then

It's fucked.

This scene kinda sucked desu.

i had not heard.

>Slaanesh as the manifestation of tragedy and loss (nostalgia), despair etc.

They need to make a Noise Marine Chariot like the guitar guy in Fury Road.

More emphasis on the rock and roll aspect of them

They need to bring back instrument shaped sonic blasters.

I want a Blastmaster that is a giant double neck guitar or something