Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Slaanesh box Edition

>FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (Part 1 and Part 2)
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Repostan from last night

Hows this "IG" list sound?
It was a vraks renegades army until the fucking forgeworld index made that into an unplayably bad army
(Using power cause the listbuilder website is gone and finding point values for every little thing is too much of a pain at this point in planning, I'm also not gonna note the special weapons)

Platoon 1 (+3 command points)
>Company Commander
>Primaris Psyker (x2)
>Platoon Commander
>Command Squad (standard)
>Veteran squad
>Infantry Squad (x4)
>20-man Conscript blob (x2)

Platoon 2 (+3 command points)
>Company Commander
>Primaris Psyker
>Platoon Commander
>Command Squad (mortar team+standard)
>Veteran squad
>Infantry Squad (x3)
>20-man Conscript blob (x2)
>Heavy wep squad (3 lascannons)

Vanguard 1 (+1 command point)
>Uriah Jacobus
>Ministorum Priest (x4)

Vanguard 2 (+1 command point)
>Lord commissar
>Commissar (x4)

Total Power: 99
Total Command Points: 8
Total # of dudes: 191

Don't save thumbnails.

First for Orks

Reposting

The new starter boxes apparently come with lore for factions. Anyone got it or know it?

>Not "Slaanesh's box edition"

So close user ... so close

Tell me about your custom HQ. post background story and pics if possible.

> Initiative 2

Elon Musk was wrong about AI.

Too many detachments / 10

ITT, edgy user trying to force his crap screencap as a meme

For what purpose would you save and compile the worst content of Veeky Forums?

>initiative

AI is our friend.

Stop posting this dumbass screencap.
It's not funny, it's just a bunch of shitposting. Fuck off

>T-The overlord in plastic would be way too big and not even worth it!!

See you in 2 years dorks

Heavily tempted to make Geth-Crons.

tell me more of slaanesh's box

im doing research for the inquisition

How are yall running Death company these days?

Im temtped to try a razorback and a squad just to have something up the table while I drop a big squad in the back with lemartes and a priest

Throw a thunderhammer in a squad of 5? or better to go axes/chainswords?

>implying i posted this more than once
?

GIVE ME THOSE

I would pay out the butt for 28mm Geth miniatures. Or at least headswaps.

>npshitter upset again

Xenosfags will always be a cancer sadly.

Stay irrelevant.

I don't believe you, Slaanesh.

Don't worry, I'll buy one.

To expand on this, I'm planning to use the tip of a banana with some green stuff on top for the sideburns.

>Lord High Commander Verant Ortys, chapter master of the Red Scorpions (center)
>Commander Ainea, captain of the Red Scorpions 3rd company (left)
>Codicier Yaec (right)

These three were the HQ for the Red Scorpions from Vraks

They never got official models or character rules but in the original IA vraks books there were historical fights in the back of the book that included unit lists and gear

So they are all kitted out in the gear they would have had during the siege of vraks.

Are all eldarfags this retarded?

Chaos Lord who's actually a loyalist but got caught in a warp storm, got the attention of a Lord of Change and him as well as his entire chapter that got caught along with him have gone insane and had their perception warped to the point that they think daemons are just funky abhumans and the chaos gods are different aspects of the emperor. Khorne being the Emperor's fury, Tzeentch his cunning, etc.

Heavy Quixote vibes.

Patrician choice user. Drill those barrels!

This deserves an award for most mediocre shitposting that's for some reason constantly resposted.

For GW it is. Limited run productions for companies which are online only and don't have to maintain shit around the world can do shit like this.

Yeah because that model is obviously made for a miniature wargame and not for a patrician modeler. 0/10 made me reply

>box clearly says PREMIUM EDITION
I'm sure people won't bitch if the Overlord is a limited edition model.

Hey man, they were in the wrong and you (assuming you were disagreeing with the Eldar guy) were right.

That said, let's drop it and not derail the thread.

Bets on the shitposters shitting up things and randomly bullying Eldar?
Gotta be either guard or admech, they are the most numerous here and it sure as hell isn't the borderline non-existant cron posters

Why couldnt it be MADE TO ORDER like the Warlord ?

It will be, FW made of course. But honestly i don't understand why people want to play with things like that.

To break even more the wrong miniature scale of Warhammer? Titans are kind of fine because they barely move half the table, but for a flyer?

I'd rather get a model for something like the Dora than spend the money on a flyer for some random Marine microfaction honestly. Two of those massive fucking guns, a bunch of tracks and Servohaulers, Mechanicus emblems everywhere and general industry would be a hell of a display board. I think you can still buy some of those in varying scale.

My friend was actively working on a Mass Effect module for 40k, so we'd be playing 40k style rules, but set in Mass Effect. Of course, this was in 7th, so those rules are out the fucking window.

>mfw exposed boner

It could. Means I could spot the Chinashitters as they'd just buy from China.

Works for the Manta.

Made to order does not exist in plastic moulding

If you put a mould in, you might as well make a couple hundred models at least.

Dark Eldar Archon, it's in the process of being built.

Blackark fleet master head (with the long hair) heated and repositioned flowing back, husk blade arm pointing forward and the harlequin sword that's held behind its back, Wych running legs with extra armour and an archon torso with trophy rack.

Back story he doesn't have much, he is very aggressive and wants to show off his swordsmanship at the expense of his soul, which he barters off to my other haemonculi HQ. His retinue is all Lhameans (currently working on 4 individual looking ones). He has a brother archon who's more of a pussy (armed with a blaster) with 4 sslyth bodyguards. Sword one rules the kabal as he's the most feared, blaster one is trying to usurp leadership but struggles due to haemonculi protection.

That's as far as I've got.

Was pretty close.

That model looks so fucking weird.

I can't tell if they're meant to be an assault unit or a long ranged support unit.

Really want to start 40k, but o can't decide between Mechanicus and Daemons. On the one hand, I just love to Mechanicus models (I'm an engineer :P), and the Ryza colours look awesome.
On the other hand, the lord of change model is gorgeous, and I absolutely love the idea of horrors splitting exponentially (plus I like brightly colored, many armed dudes). Khorne stuff is cool too. Slaanesh is too monotone and nurgle is ugly and slow looking.

>Barters soul off to Haemonculus

No.
Loterraly wrong.
Pic related is made very limited run ans is full plastic.
You do NOT Stock and move around 1000$+ models as the market is very limited.

Give a reason why they couldnt fire the mold on demand only

Chapter Master of a DA successor chapter, he was interred into a dreadnought after battling his closest-battle brother when half the chapter fell to chaos.
He leads his battle-brothers in a penitent crusade to atone for their sins and hunt down his once-friend and finally give him the Emperor's Mercy.

>tfw everytime you order from Forgeworld your bank cancels your card for fraud even though you've called ahead to alert them of the purchase a day before so you don't have a leviathan dreadnought to make your chapter master
Feels Bad Man

Also all that strong armor for those micropenis missile stumps

Something something economies of scale something something plastic molds cost thousands of dollars etc.

i was actually refering to its vagina(s)

What the fuck is Gravis armor even supposed to be?

Cheaper Terminator armor with slightly less protection and none of the crazy esoteric sub-systems?

>is engineer
>picks nerd armies

Choose orks like a man!

If i am not wrong they are used as the vanguard (that would explain why they have a flammer option) so at least in fluff they will used as kind normal Cents/Termis mix.

Devastator are still going to be the infantry long range support unit, unless the special weapon squad gets heavy weapons.

I must say, except for the Inetrcessors, Primaris have been a let down for now.

Daemons suffer from overspecialization which is a pro and a con depending on what you play against, but as a bonus you can play 40k and Age of Sigmar with the same models.

Admech can be pretty flexible and get a ton of options with imperial allies.

I'd say Admech is probably a bit more forgiving to play as a beginner althought daemons have better start collecting bundles.

>FW FAQ (Part 1 and Part 2)
>warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/
>warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

Just a note for future OPs, There's no reason to include the "part one" FAQ from July 9th. While it has Adeptus Astartes and Chaos FAQs version 1.0, the "Part 2" includes the 1.1 versions, which is the same shit, just clearer and more correct.

"Part 1" FAQs from July 9 are obsolete.

Pseudo-centurion armor I assume. It's nothing like terminator armor at all really.

Close range support.

Carrying this over from the last thread:

Hey anons, I'm looking for some advice. I'm wrapping up my Tau project and I'm looking to restart my Marines for the new codex, but here's the issue:

Back in 5th era I ran a 2000pt Blood Ravens army. It was a great army that won me plenty of local tournaments and best in show for painting, and I was proud of them. During my last move, however, something happened with their case and everything spilled out. Pretty much every model was damaged or ended up missing parts. I fixed what I could, but I just don't think I can use them anymore. I'd rather let them retire with my first IG army for display purposes.

I still have some unpainted and unassembled figures (I had about a five year hiatus from 5th through 7th due to school and work), so I do have a baseline to start with.

Is there anything wrong with just shelving them and starting anew, or am I inviting bad juju on myself and wasting money?

Pic related is where I am keeping my "retired" armies.

It's apparently in-between Terminator and Artificer.

So I was thinking about building an Iron Hands army, but without any of the fancy new Mega Marines. However it seems like every tool and unit regular Marines have are being Super Sized and made better. Is there even a point to building a non-Primaris army anymore?

>:P

I'm with , those launchers are tiny. What is it with GW and tiny missile pods these days? Missile pods are suppose to be big. I want CML, not little Tau rocket pods taped to a Marine's backpack.

Hope there's an easy way to mount a CML on there, because I'm not against having a unit.

You need to do what you feel is right - if you want to start frsh ad won't, not only you'll end up with half new models and half old models (also painted with obsolete skill i'm guessing), but you'll regret not choosing to start fresh in my opinion. You can just sell the old models! Yu bought them so many years ago so I don't think it's wasted money at all at this point. It would have been a whole different thing if you started an army and changed your mind after buying two boxes because you don't like them anymore instead.

Pick Admech, they are about to double their lineup with Fires of Cyruxus which will make them amazing.

Detachment limits are an optional rule for organized play

>tfw in the next imperial armor my chapter master is getting interred in a leviathan too

Feels sad man
he had a hard life...

Also unless you live in brittania just order from the chinese. its way easier, faster, and cheaper. Also forgeworld quality control sucks and has moldlines everywhere/sends the wrong kit in my expirience. Chinamen never did me wrong tho

Did I mention I also have a vagina?

Honestly primaris is probably worse than regular marines because they have almost no wargear options. They're good baseline but can't be customized at all to work with the rest of your army.

So was I.

What's that?

Ever seen a broadside?
Same thing but not as cool.

Personally I think Mechanicus a best, and we're about to get a fuckload of new stuff. Go to the Forge World Horus Heresy bit, select the "Mechanicum" army and wonder at all the fuckawesome models. Paint some Scyllax in metallic colours, there's your multiarm monsters. Also, the Mechanicus has way more varied fluff to base an army on, I managed to find an army based around biological sciences to convert the hell out of and I didn't even look hard. What kind of engineering do you do/prefer?

(On a side note, me and my colleagues were taking survey samples in Scotland for the last few days and we found pic related. Tzeench has been corrupting my beasties apparently, although it's still soft and friendly because seafloor worms are too thick to be scared of humans. Rainbow Fur Sea Mouse a cute.)

Thanks for the tip, after the 3rd time of it happening I've completely given up on getting anything from Forgeworld ever.
I've got a buddy who buys recasts, I'll have him connect me with someone

I didn't know it was possible for me to loathe Tau designs even more.

Well, you have kind of an easier system to work with now. I'm thinking of making a Hinterlands-level skirmish game for 8e, though it's tempting to set it in Shadow War as well. I'll have to weigh the pros and cons of each system. Certainly Shadow War gets you more unit customization, a huge plus for the Inq28 crowd, but 8e has a great simplicity that seems to scale very well both high and low. Loosen up the wargear options and you have something to work off of.

I feel like dioramas would be more fitting than a simple display case, but either way they are your models and you can retire them if you want to move on to other projects.

Give examples.
It's literraly false for anything in power armor.
Vehicules you may have a point but thats only because primaris have 1 and SM 60+, but wait 2 years amd Primaris will be better at everything.

Does anyone have a Squiggoth(smaller one) and an Araknarok they'd be willing to photograph next to each other

Also a Mawcrusha and Orkanaut

P-please

>Weaponized tictac launcher

surely this is a bank issue and not FW's fault
what the fuck did they have to say for themselves when they cancelled it after you called in advance ?

How the FUCK is this not an open topped vehicle?

The issue here is that the cool Geth-sthetic doesn't make up for the Necrons being the most boring and irrelevant faction in 40k.

But user they are the perfect weaboo aesthetic i bet you are a normie that never saw a glorious gunpla

Fires of Cyraxus is a new book put out by Forge World, will give us rules for all the Horus Heresy Mechanicum models in 40k, and they're somehow EVEN BETTER than the GW Mechanicus.

Coming Soon (tm) and has been for a while, but since there's some stuff they didn't bother giving Index rules it must be really rather close. I wouldn't imagine more than a couple months.

>Loterraly wrong.

Dude I fucking work in plastic moulding

Getting a mould in: 1-3 hours of time form a technician
Processing out the defects and fine-tuning machine setting: 20-60 minutes from a technician. All parts made during this time are trashed.
Moulding: 15-120 seconds each part, fully automated.

A large kit probably will consist of 4-12 separate moulds.

Once you get the mould in, you might as well keep it running for a couple hours at least.

>:P
Typically admech player

>about to
lol
good one

>til sea mice are a thing

I got some off ebay which were pretty good
They sent a businesscard with it for wartablegames.com

I aint trying to shill them tho
Thats just the only lead i got besides searching ebay

Forgeworld upgrade which will bring a bunch of 30k models into 40k. Lots of giant robots, new tanks, etc.

Looks like this.

Gunpla are flimsy eggshell shit that are neither fun to build nor display. Fuck Bandai.

Is keeping a sea mouse anything like keeping nudibranches? I had some fun with them during their 3-6 month lifespans in my saltwater.

>Your wallet's face when you are a salt water aquarium enthusiast and own 3 different 40k armies and have a wife

Doesn't that also have tau?

He is just starting the army, by the time he builds and paints a start collecting and some Kastelans it will be out.

Intercessors, interceptors, hellblasters.

None of those have wargear options.

Unless they changed the index under my nose anyway.

I don't know, but I'm buying some just to paint up Black Templar Beakies as the most adorable Penguin-Marines ever.

>open topped
but it isn't
it is open everywhere

ya
dunno what aside from the new flier

Did you not see the image of the Inceptors with weird plasma guns?