D&D 5e Race Homebrewing Thread

Want 5e D&D PC stats for any race? Make a request here and I'll give it a go.

Long story short, I love the vast and eclectic array of races that D&D has produced over the years, I think 5e's current list of races is too short (and some races are abyssmal), I want to practice my homebrewing efforts.

So, I'm throwing this thread up there for anons who want some more race options to challenge me with whatever.

1d4chan.org/wiki/List_of_D&D_PC_Races

Other urls found in this thread:

lomion.de/cmm/chitine.php
dnd.rem.uz/3.5 D&D Books/Races of Renown /Races of Renown - Bastards and Bloodlines, A Guidebook to Halfbreeds.pdf
1d4chan.org/wiki/Sergal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just a correctional note; full fledged races and subraces are both viable, and whilst past D&D races are easier, I'll take a shot at anything that's given in good faith. I did a 5e sergal in one edition of this thread, and I'll do a Zora, Bangaa or Burmecian as readily as I'll do a Hutakan, Furchin Halfling, or Half-Dwarf.

lomion.de/cmm/chitine.php

Sure thing. This's my first draft; I'd like to include the "make shit out of webbing" racial trait they had in AD&D and 3e, but I can't quite figure out how to pull it off.

Chitine
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Dexterity, +1 Constitution
Size: Small
Vision: Darkvision
Speed: Base Speed 30 feet, Climb 30 feet
Fey Ancestry: A chitine has Advantage on saves vs. Charm effects and is Immune to Magical Sleep effects.
Sunlight Sensitivity: A chitine suffers Disadvantage on attack rolls and Wisdom (Perception) rolls based on sight when either it or the object it is viewing is in direct sunlight.
Web Sense: A chitine can detect the presence of any other creature touching the same webbing as itself.
Web Walker: A chitine ignores movement restriction effects caused by webbing.

I'd honestly like to see Ivalice races for 5e, in case you have nothing better to do.

Will take some time, I'm actually not familiar with those games, but I've got the wiki up and I'll try and get them handled in short order.

Okay, I've never played the games myself, so I'm only basing this off what the wiki can tell me, but here's your first race - how does it look?

Aegyl
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Intelligence, +1 Stregth
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Normal
Winged: You have a Fly speed of 30 feet. However, you cannot fly if you are wearing medium armor or heavy armor, or if you are encumbered.
Anima Draining: You have Advantage on Wisdom saving throws against emotion-manipulating effects, such as Charm and Fear.
Sky-Warrior Training: You have Proficiency in one weapon chosen from the following list: Battleaxe, Greataxe, Greatsword, Halberd, Longsword.

Could you do a wookiee?

I could give it a shot, I guess. Can you point me towards their Star Wars D20 stats for a reference?

Might sound like an odd request, but could you stat up a Tiefling variant for small races? Basing it on halflings, gnomes, or goblins is all fine.

Okay, really struggled with this one, but I hope it's alright.

Bangaa
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength, +1 Wisdom
Keen Senses: You have Advantage on Perception checks based on scent or sound.
Sight by Sound: You are Immune to the Blinded condition so long as you are not Deafened. Whilst relying on sound to perceive your world, you automatically fail any checks based on purely visual media (for example, distinguishing colors).
Powerful Build: You are treated as being one size category larger to determine your capacity to Push, Pull, Drag, Lift and Carry.

I could give it a try, but... what would I actually do with it beyond just making it "Tiefling with the Small size category"?

Hmm... I don't know how useful this is to you, but I had a 1st draft translation of the Worghest, a Goblin/Barghest tiefling from 3.5, lying around...

I can also try my hand at Halfling/Succubus and Halfling or Gnome/Imp tieflings too, if you want.

Worghest
Ability Score Modifiers: +1 Strength, +1 Dexterity, +1 Constitution
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Goblin Ancestry: You are treated as being a goblin for effects that tie specifically into race. Among other things, this allows you to use magic items normally restricted to goblins, but also makes you vulnerable to spells specifically crafted against goblins.
Nimble Escape: You can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action on each of your turns.
Wolf-Shifter: You can shift between goblinoid form and the form of a wolf as an action. This uses all of the rules for Druidic Wild Shape, except that your hit points and hit dice do not alter between forms; your hit points as a wolf are the same as those you had in goblinoid form, and if you are reduced to 0 hit points in wolf shape, then you suffer exactly as if you had been reduced to 0 hit points in goblinoid shape.
Keen Sense of Smell: You have Advantage on Perception checks based on scent.
Charnel Feast: You can use your action for the turn to consume the corpse of a humanoid opponent. This extensively damages the body, making it harder to resurrect, and heals you for 1d4 + Constitution modifier hit points per hit dice of the corpse.

Hmm...that might actually work a bit better for what I had in mind, with some tweaks. Thanks!

Gria
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength, +1 Charisma
Speed: 25 feet
Vestigial Wings: You have a Fly speed of 20 feet. However, you cannot fly if you are wearing medium or heavy armor, nor if you are encumbered.
Fearless: You have Advantage on saving throws against Fear.
Warrior's Training: You have Proficiency in one of these weapons: Longsword, Longbow, or Greatsword.

Sorry? What's better for your plans? The Worghest, or the Small-sized Tiefling? Either way, glad I could help, so no worries.

Gariff
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Wisdom, +1 Strength
Cold-Hardened: You have Resistance to Cold damage.
At One With Nature: You have Proficiency in Nature.
Hunter's Senses: You have Advantage on Perception and Survival checks.

grendle and watcher from the 3.5 bastards and bloodlines

dnd.rem.uz/3.5 D&D Books/Races of Renown /Races of Renown - Bastards and Bloodlines, A Guidebook to Halfbreeds.pdf

Not my favorite sourcebook, but let's see...

Grendle:
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Constitution, +1 Strength
Vision: Darkvision 30 feet
Trollkin Heartiness: You have Resistance to Poison damage and Advantage on saving throws against Poison and Disease.
Trollish Vitality: You increase your maximum hit points by +1, and gain a further +1 increase to maximum hitpoints with each level you gain.
Healing Factor: When spending Hit Dice to regain hit points during a short rest, you regain dice roll + Constitution score hit points per Hit Dice, instead of dice roll + Constitution modifier. Additionally, if you have a Lingering Injury (DMG pg 272), you will heal from that injury after completing three long rests, or two long rests if you can consume twice your daily requirement in food and water during each long rest.
Powerful Build: You are treated as being one size category larger to determine your capacity to Push, Pull, Drag, Lift and Carry.

>instead of dice roll + Constitution modifier
You add your con modifier when spending hit dice?

Player's Handbook, pg 186, "Short Rest": "For each Hit Dice spent in this way, the player rolls the die and adds the character's Constitution modifier to it. The character regains hit points equal to the total."

You know, I could have sworn I did a Watcher profile in one version of this thread... but I didn't save it and of course it didn't archive.

Watcher
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Constitution, +1 Wisdom
Statuesque: You can attempt to hide in plain sight by pretending to be a statue. This is a Stealth check that can be made without the use of cover, although creatures that see you moving either before or whilst trying to feign statuehood immediately realize the deception.
Trance: You only need to spend 4 hours in a semi-conscious trance, during which you remain aware of your surroundings, to gain the benefits of 8 hours sleep.
Rudimentary Wings: You have Advantage on Strength checks made to climb or jump.
Unending Vigil: You only need to eat 1 pound of food and drink 1 (or 2) liters of water per week, instead of per day. You can go for 3+Con modifier weeks without food instead of 3+Con modifier days.

Any advice on coming up with good fluff/ribbon abilities? I can tweak mechanical levers all day but the quirky stuff is where I really hit the wall.

Wish I could help you. Sadly, I'm not really the best judge of what is "crunchy" and what is "fluffy" myself.

Okay, so, I really know sod-all about Final Fantasy, but I did my best with this.

Moogle
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Intelligence, +1 Dexterity
Tinker: As per the Rock Gnome racial trait.
Fluttering Wings: A moogle that is not wearing medium armor or heavy armor, or encumbered, takes no damage from falls, always counts as having a running start when making a jump check, and has Advantage on Athletics checks made to jump or climb.

Nu Mou
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Intelligence, +1 Wisdom
Well-Studied: You have Proficiency in one Intelliegence or Wisdom skill of your choice.
Born to Magic: You know one Cantrip of your choice from either the Cleric or the Wizard spell lists. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability score for this cantrip.

Seeq
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength, +1 Dexterity
Speed: 35 feet
Gimme Shinies: You have Advantage on Perception checks made to spot valuable items, and on Intelligence checks made to determine their value.
Thuggish: You have Proficiency in Intimidation.

Not the original requester but I love them. These three are the only ones I can actually recognize and remember from the games (they were a long time ago), but they seem to match my recollections

And finally, we come to an end with the Viera, the last major race of Ivalice.

Viera
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Intelligence
Rabbit's Legs: You double your Strength score, to a maximum value of 20, when determining how far you can jump, and are always considered to have a running start whilst jumping.
Keenest Senses: You have Proficiency in Perception, and Advantage on Perception checks based on hearing.
Hear the Spirits: If you do not have Proficiency in Arcana, you can add your Intelligence modifier to Arcana checks. If you do have Proficiency in Arcana, then you have Advantage on all Arcana checks.

Thri-Kreen

>Rabbit's Legs: You double your Strength score, to a maximum value of 20

Seems kinda pointless. You basically just go 'You have 20' most of the time, unless you dump strength.

Sylvari from Guild Wars 2?

Do you have a satyr template?

Here's my most recent draft... this one's pretty influenced by the 5e MM entry, so I'm not really that happy with it. Maybe I'll go back to old crunch and give it another whirl...

Thri-kreen
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Dexterity, +1 Wisdom
Speed: 40 feet
Chameleon Carapace: You have Proficiency in Stealth.
Standing Leap: You are always treated as having a running start when determining how far youcan jump.
Four Arms: You have two pairs of fully functioning arms. You can wield additional weapons in your secondary arms, but doing so does not grant you extra attacks.Weapons held in your secondary arms count as off-hand weapons for the purpose of multi-weapon fighting (see PHB, pg 195). At the start of your turn, you can use a bonus action to grant yourself a +1 bonus either to your Armor Class or to your Attack rolls until the end of your turn.
Natural Weapons: You can choose to inflict d4 Slashing damage with your Unarmed Strikes.

It's late over in my corner of the world, anons, so I gotta crash for the evening. Keep the thread alive until I return, and I'll tackle all of your requests first thing tomorrow.

Hmm... good point. Definitely not one of my better race traits, I'll admit. Sadly, I really know little about Final Fantasy, and the wiki isn't as crunch-heavy as I'd like, so it's hard to come up with decent stuff like that. I'll try a mk 2 Viera in the morning.

Satyr template? Am I reading that right?

bump

How would you stat up a Dhampir?

there is a very important thing I need to do as custom races go

I'm running a campaign set in the world of Daggerfall and we are going to change to the system of D&D5, so I need the stats for Elder Scroll races

-Imperial: same as D&D human+can cast once per day Friends cantrip, at lv3 charm person, at level 5 calm emotions, using charisma

-Breton: +1cha +2int, can cast once per day mage hand cantrip, at lv3 can cast mage armor, at lv5 can cast hold person once per day, using int. resistance to force damage

-Norse: +2str +1con. Proficiency with one handed and two handed axes and greatswords. Resistance to cold damage

-Redguard: +2str +1dex. Proficiency with scimitars, longswords and spears. [something else]

-Altmer: +2int +1dex, rest is same as high elf

-Bosmer:Same as wood elf +resistance to poison

-Dunmer: same as drow+resist fire

-Argonian: +2dex +1str. Water breathing, resistance to diseases and acid

-Khajit: +2dex +1cha. Natural weapon claws(1d4) only race with darkvision

anything else?

Have a bump, this seems useful for 5e players.

bump. Thanks for the grendle and watcher btw, seem rad and I think my players would love using them and/or seeing them in game.

Well, I'm not 100% sure of that off the top of my head. The guy who runs the Fraternity of Shadow put together a Dhampyr race for his "Heroes of the Mist" splatbook on DM's Guild, and I've got a draft of the Vryloka (4e's "living vampire" race) too. If neither of these suit, I can take a whack at a 5e dhampir for you as well.

Vyrloka
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Charisma, +1 Strength OR +1 Dexterity
Taint of the Grave: A Vyrkloka has Resistance to Necrotic Damage.
Goremonger: When a Vyrloka reduces an enemy creature to 0 hit points, it can use its Reaction to acquire one of the following benefits; Dash towards the nearest enemy in sight, heal missing hit points equal to the creature’s CR, or gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls until the end of its next turn.

Alright, I really don't know anything about Sylvari, but here's a shot at it:

Sylvari
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Constitution, +1 Charisma
Dream of Dreams: You have Proficiency in one skill of your choice.
Glowing Sap: When immersed in darkness, your sap glows, shedding bright light to a range of 10 feet. You can turn off your light as a free interaction, and turn it back on again as the same.
Vegetative Biology: You can cast the Thorn Whip cantrip. At 3rd level, you can cast Goodberry as a 1st level spell once per long rest with this trait. Charisma is your spellcasting ability score for this trait.

>All these broken races

Alright, let's try this again...

Viera, mk2
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Intelligence
Rabbit's Legs: You are always considered to have a running start whilst jumping, and have Advantage on Athletics checks made for jumping.
Keenest Senses: You have Proficiency in Perception, and Advantage on Perception checks based on hearing.
Hear the Spirits: If you do not have Proficiency in Arcana, you can add your Intelligence modifier to Arcana checks. If you do have Proficiency in Arcana, then you have Advantage on all Arcana checks.

Literally the best wizard race in the game.

If you have the time, can you stat up Sergals?

Sergal
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Strength
Speed: 40 feet
Sinister Reputation: You have Proficiency in Intimidation.
Heightened Senses: You have Proficiency in Perception.
Martial Culture: You have Proficiency in one martial melee weapon of your choice.

Really? I would have thought the Nu Mou were better. Why do you say that?

Dex is great, easy jumps, double proficiency in Arcana, and you might stand a chance with the low wis score most wizards seem to have.

not so much asking for you to move something over to 5e, but how would you make a four armed race that is something along the level of a human with 4 "normal" (as normal as 4 arms can be that is) arms and keep it balanced?

Isn't a bonus to both STR and DEX a little weird? Also just seems like lazy design, no subraces etc. I'm going to rewrite this.

Well, the problem with multiple arms in 5e is that, one, we have such a small array of actions available per turn - one move, one action, one "free interaction", and perhaps a bonus action under certain circumstances. With no swift actions, free actions, whatever, there's not much that extra arms can actually do, mechanically.

Furthermore, a "free floating" bonus action or +1 attack is clearly overpowered as a racial trait.

This is the most satisfying iteration of the "multiple-armed" racial trait I've come up with so far, because I think it gives some effectiveness without being over powered.

Four Arms: You have two pairs of fully functioning arms. You can wield additional weapons in your secondary arms, but doing so does not grant you extra attacks.Weapons held in your secondary arms count as off-hand weapons for the purpose of multi-weapon fighting (see PHB, pg 195). At the start of your turn, you can use a bonus action to grant yourself a +1 bonus either to your Armor Class or to your Attack rolls until the end of your turn.

Except Strength and Dexterity are literally their only positive racial modifiers in both 3.5 and 4e.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Sergal

Likewise, there's no racial background suggesting that they'd have subraces. Compare what I made to what Veeky Forums gave them in the last two editions, and you'll see I stuck to the mold that Veeky Forums made for them.

desu I'm suprised he even did anything for that furry stuff.

There's four different races of Sergal, each with different cultures and unique physical features. Also, both 3.5 and 4e are fanmade, so should not be seen as a rigid guideline.

hey if you have the time to create another race I have a retarded friend who refuses to admit he is a furry (despite the fact he is) that I know wants to play a anthropomorphic pig character, if you have time I could use stats for that race so I don't have to hit him over the head with a rule book explaining to him why the pig race can't have +1 in every stat

At will flight is an immediate Nope for most GMs. At will flight on a +2 INT screams "I want my Wizard to be immune to melee attacks", even with the +1 STR and the heavy weapon proficiency.

Is there anything particular you want out of the race, instead of just taking a half-orc's stats and reskinning them as a pig-morph, in homage of the porcine features of the original D&D orc?

I had no idea that there were more than one kind of sergal.

Problem is, at-will flight is a canonical racial trait for 5e races, between Winged tieflings, Aaracokras, and Avens. So, even if many DMs will say no, by 5e's ruleset, it's not an officially overpowered racial trait.

Redguard needs adrenaline rush, like a mini rage once a day but not OP?

I personally statted such a racial trait as this:

Terrible Rage: Once per long rest, as a bonus action, you can enter a berserk rage. This state lasts for 1 minute, during which time you have Advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws, and a +1 damage bonus on melee weapon attacks using Strength, and Resistance to Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing Damage. Your rage ends prematurely if your are knocked unconscious, end your turn without having attacked a hostile creature or taken damage since your last turn, or choose to spend a bonus action to do so. If you have the Rage class ability, increase your Rages per Day by +1 instead.

Basically, it's "you can Rage like a Barbarian 1/day, but you only get a +1 bonus whilst Raging, and if you take the Barbarian class, you trade this in for +1 extra class Rage per day".

Okay, here's my attempt at Sergals:

Main traits:
Ability Score Modifiers: +1 Dexterity
Darkvision 60 ft
Heightened Senses: You have Proficiency in Perception.

Sub Races:
Northern:
+1 Wis
Martial Culture: You have Proficiency in one martial melee weapon of your choice.
Enhanced Eyesight: Double proficiency bonus for all visual perception checks.

Southern:
+1 Int
Fast Approach: Your base walking speed increases to 40ft.
Adept Communicators: Gain two languages of your choice.

Eastern:
+1 Con
Desert Hunters: Gain proficiency in the survival skill. Double survival proficiency bonus when in the desert.
Notorious Toughness: When you are reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a Long Rest.

Western Sergals:
+1 Cha
Cultural Enthusiasts: You gain proficiency with either a set of Artisan's tools or a musical instrument. You gain proficiency in the performance skill.
Expert Skulkers: You gain proficiency with the Stealth skill.

Hope this is what you meant.

Satyr
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Charisma
Fey Ancestry: You have Advantage on saving throws against the Charmed effect, and are immune to magical effects that induce Sleep.
Light of Heart: You have Advantage on saving throws against Fear.
Sweet Tongue: You have Proficiency in Deception.
Horned Headbutt: You have horns, which are a natural weapon you can use to make an unarmed strike. When making a headbutt attack, you inflict 1d6+Str modifier Bludgeoning damage instead of the normal unarmed strike damage.

Racial Feat: Panpiper
Prerequisite: Satyr race
Effect: You gain proficiency in Panpipes, which are a musical instrument. You can create a set of panpipes as part of a long rest. You can use a set of panpipes that you created to cast the following spells: Charm Person as a 1st level spell, Sleep as a 1st level spell, Calm Emotions as a 2nd level spell, or Fear as a 3rd level spell. You must be at least 5th level to use the Calm Emotions spell, and at least 7th level to use the Fear spell. You can only cast one spell from your panpipes each day, and then they are useless until you complete a long rest. These pipes have no magical powers for anyone other than you.

Do Derro

Dwarven Subrace: Derro
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Dexterity
Superior Darkvision: Your Darkvision has a range of 120 feet.
Extra Language: Undercommon
Sunlight Sensitivity: You have disadvantage on attack rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks based on sight made whilst you or your target is in direct sunlight.
Quick-Moving: Your Speed is 30 feet instead of 25 feet.
Derro Weapon Training: You are proficient with the Derro Hooked Shortspear.
Derro Madness: You have Advantage on saves against being Charmed or Frightened, and Disadvantage on all other Wisdom saving throws.

My desires:

-Ettercap (pic related)
-Myconid
-Mandrill (thanks Dwarf Fortress stories of yore)

Mandrill...? Unless that's not what I'm thinking of, I don't think I can help you there, sorry.

Ettercap
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Strength
Speed: 30 feet, Climb 30 feet
Spider Climb: You can climb on difficult surfaces, even upside down, without needing to make an ability check.
Web Sense: When you are in contact with a web, you can sense the exact location of any other creature in contact with the same web.
Web Walker: You ignore movement restrictions caused by webbing.
Toxic Bite: When you use your action to make an Attack, you can make a bite attack. This is a melee attack you have Proficiency in, keying off of Dexterity. On a hit, the target takes 1d6 Piercing damage and must make a DC 8 + your Proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier Constitution saving throw. If they fail this save, they are Poisoned until the end of your next turn. You only have enough venom to poison one victim, then must complete a short rest to replenish it.
Web Snare: When you use your action to make an Attack, you can attempt to launch webbing. This is a Ranged Weapon with a Range of 30ft/60ft that you have Proficiency in, keying off of Dexterity. A creature hit by your webbing is Restrained until it either breaks the webbing (which requires succeeding at a DC 8 + your Proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier Strength check) or the webbing is destroyed (AC10, 5 hit points, Resist Bludgeoning, Immune to Poison & Psychic, Vulnerable to Fire). Once you have used your webbing attack, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest.

4e style Deurgar, if you wouldn't mind.

I meant the monkey with the red and blue face. I've been on an animal kick as of late, sorry.

Thinking that more than once the Greek Gods turned into an animal to seduce humans, for whatever reason, it got me thinking about either a race or template for demigods that are actually animals. I'm calling them Scions, and the only thing I have set for them is that they have a bonus to intelligence because they're sentient. Maybe also the option of being bigger than a common animal of whatever kind they are would be.

Real life getting in the way of a prompt reply, but I'll get you your Diabolic Duergar, or however else you prefer to call them, ASAP. As a 4rrie, I can do no less.

Will get you a Myconid draft as soon as I can, real life in the way.

Stupid misquote... anyway.

Dwarven Subrace: Diabolic/4e Duergar
Ability Score Increase: +1 Strength
Kissed by the Hells: You have Resistance to Fire damage.
Infernal Quills: As an action, you can wrench a venomous quill from your head and hurl it at a foe as a ranged attack with a range of 20/60. You are Proficient with these quills. On a hit, the quill inflicts 1d4 Piercing damage and the victim must succeed on a Constitution saving throw (DC 8 + your Con modifier + your Proficiency bonus) or else take 2d6 Poison damage. This poison damage increases to 3d6 at 6th level, 4d6 at 11th level, and 5d6 at 16th level. You can launch a number of quills per day equal to your Constitution modifier (minimum of once). All missing quills regrow when you complete a long rest.

Alright, this is a tricky request, but here we go... using the 5e MM Myconid Adult as a basis...

Myconid
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Wisdom, +1 Constitution
Speed: 20 feet
Vision: Darkvision 120 feet
Spore-laden Fists: You can use your toxic spore-covered fists as weapons for an unarmed strike. When attacking with this fungal slam, you inflict 1d4+ Str modifier Bludgeoning damage plus 1d4 + Con modifier Poison damage.
Rapport Spores: As an action, you can shed a 20ft burst of spores from your body. These spores affect any creature that has 2+ Intelligence and lacks the Undead, Construct or Elemental type. All creatures affected by your rapport spores can communicate telepathically with you and with each other when they are within 30 feet of you or another creature affected by your rapport spores. This effect ends after 1 hour.
Sun Sickness: When in sunlight, you suffer Disadvantage on all ability checks, attack rolls and saving throws. You die immediately if you spend more than 1 hour exposed to direct sunlight.

How about some octopus people?

Gotta love octapeople

Will an adaptation of Pathfinder's Cecaelia do?

Cecaelia
Ability Score Modifiers: +1 Strength, +1 Dexterity, +1 Intelligence
Amphibious: You can breathe both air and water.
Writhing Tentacles: You have Advantage on Grappling checks and on Strength checks made to resist Shove attacks.
Aqua Jet: You have a Swim speed of 40 feet, and can Dash whilst swimming.
Spray Ink: As an action, you can attempt to squirt ink from concealed glands. On land, this takes the form of a 15ft long by 5ft wide cone attack; creatures caught in this cone must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw (DC 8 + your Dex modifier + your Proficiency bonus) or be Blinded until the end of your next turn. Underwater, this creates a 10ft radius sphere that grants concealment on any creature within it. The sphere is stationary and lasts for 1 minute or until disrupted by effects such as the Shape Water cantrip. Once you have used your Spray Ink trait in either fashion, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest.

So, anyone else got requests? I try to tackle whatever you guys can come up with, and I like trying my hand at older races. In fact... why don't we try old-school? I wanna tackle some races from the Known World of Mystara, or any other 2e settings that never quite made it into the modern era.

Radical. Thanks

No worries, it was fun trying to get back to 4e. I'm honestly a little uncertain of the results, but about the only thing the duergar in the MM2 had in common were higher-than-average Strength and Infernal Quills. Neat as it would be to make the Duergar Fleshtearer a viable PC choice.

Christ dude

Hmm.

Dryad.
Or pseudodragon.

Alright. If you lot can keep this thread from dying in the night, I'll give them a shot tomorrow, but I can't promise anything in particular for pseudodragons.

Fraid im about to go to bed.