Grim Darkness

>Grim Darkness
>Smiling Faces

This is weird right?
I'd expect a bit more thematic restraint.

>Playing a board game
>not smiling at some point due to tragedy or triumph
The fuck kind of games are you playing and the fuck kind of people are you playing with

It's probably better to have people not look miserable when they're playing your game

In this case it would be more accurate, though

Now I want to play a game where, for the entire session, all players must do their best Dredd impressions. Breaking character for even a moment results in an automatic lose.

Which do you think plays the marines and which plays the nurgles?

Girls loooovve Nurgle

More accurate how exactly?
You know it's a toy soldier game right? They're not literally in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium

>dude standing on the side with the nurgle marines
>girl standing with the primary school marine
Gee, I don't know

Let's do that on Paranoia.

Are you suggesting everyone should roleplay like a huge faggot when playing with their plastic army men?

In real life, you should only say "For the Emperor!" or other rp-type shit once for every 500 pts of the battle, with a bonus utterance upon victory. Anymore than that and you bring shame to the table.

>not quoting Dawn of War every time you touch a model
bitch get on my level

I want to see the next book have pictures of two extremely serious looking dudes giving each other stern, adversarial looks across the table as if the fate of the world depends on the outcome of the game.

If you don't utter a prayer to the emperor when you make armor saves you'll fail them.

>Not saying "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" before a critical roll

The period satire was seceded by the period of muh grimderk her derr. Now "grimdark" is just another "steampunk", made for normies who don't understand anything.

If they went a Yugioh route of seriousness with the promotional material, that would be pretty great to see.

>Now "grimdark" is just another "steampunk", made for normies who don't understand anything.

Tragic

It was a joke. That user was saying playing 40k is miserable.

I love how he's smiling like its the most fun shit he's ever done in his life while she looks like she's only smiling out of politeness and confusion at his manchild antics

You must be a joy to play with.

So the average experience when some moron drags his poor uninterested GF to the gaming club then?

Hes only pretending to be happy seeing her frumpy body and average pierced face

>not talking like an ork, and shouting WAAAAGH! all the time
Distasteful

>women don't know how to fake a realistic smile because they are soulless she-devils

>not screaming "what I can not crush with words, I will crush with the tanks of the imperial guard!" each and every time you should with a vehicle, regardless of army