Fate of Konor General

Figured this could use its own thread. ITT we discuss the new 40K global campaign.

>Leaks
spikeybits.com/2017/07/fate-of-konor-campaign-box-revealed.html

My FLGS confirms week 1 will be 500pts, then escalate from there. Paint optional, though you will get bonus points for it. The July 30 Warhammer World subevent will be 1750pts. There will be bonus points awarded for using specific unit types each week, but that's supposed to be balanced out by the low point value of the conflict.

So, who will you fight and bleed for? The living dead guy on his corpse throne, or the Emperor? Or perhaps the Xenos, who can only act as harriers this campaign? What about tactics? Plan on bringing a horde army to Loebos despite that wicked stratagem threatening to undo you?

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Forgefane
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Fall_of_Shadowbrink
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sadly I'm in bumfuck Asia for the next few months and I'm going to miss it. I can only hope that the local Ig guy back home can hold the line since Mr and him are literally the only imperial players in our community and every one else is chaos or xenos and I don't think the xenos players will pitch in on our side.

Kabal of the Emerald Hallow will be aiding in the chaos war effort.

The Tyranids of Hive Fleet Avidae are going all-in for the Imperium, purely because I'm fed up with Carnac and want to humiliate Chaos because of him.

Wait, what? Why the fuck are your Dark Eldar dudes helping Chaos? Have you no racial dignity after what happened with Slaanesh?

You mean are going to take advantage of the situation to fuck with the imperium and grab some slaves right? It's not like they'd be marching shoulder to shoulder with the Death Guard.

Well yeah we heard about this whole primarch business and decided we don't want the imperium getting too comfy.

Will the 500pts be the norm then? What type of lists do we need to bring to crush the imperium?

The Saim Hann craftworld happens to be travelling nearby, and several of our clans are eager for some sport

It sounds like it'll be an escalation league, so 500 in week one, but increasing across each week

Week 1 bonus is for Start Collecting! box units, so be prepared to see lots of baseline units.

Week 2 bonus points are for specifically Space Marine models. No word if this applies to Chaos Space Marines as well. So bring lots of AP on week 2!

My bugbrother, fucking same.

If Behemoth couldn't beat Ultramar, no fucking way in hell am I going to let Chaoscucks do it.

The Hive Mind guide you to victory, my spawn-mate.

Mechanicus of Forgeworld will be fighting for the imperium, naturally.

Though your actions are misguided imagining an imperium/nid bro fist is kinda funny.

My Kabal is going to be aiding the Imperium, because as said in another thread "How can we steal their shit if they're dead?"

Chaos makes for poor slaves

Skirt the fringes swoop in after imperial victories and take them in their weakened state! Chaos controlled sectors breed more piracy and less rules and shit!

Pro tip, Konor itself is an AdMech world.

My Skitarii were fluffed from being from there long before I even knew this campaign was going to be a thing, purely because I wanted them to be close to the Ultramarines.

So far I don't really know much about how the campaign will go or whatever (my local manager hasn't had many/any details it seems like) but I plan on bringing my Still-Yet-To-Be-Named squat guard regiment.

You know what else chaos breeds? Shitty slaves who are already fucked up and tainted before you grab them that just bring trouble to your doorstep by drawing the eyes of the deamons to you.

Mine have purple robes, because I wanted to be super fucking special. I'm thinkign some kinda weird psychadellic world turned forgeworld with a big ol' datavault full of music for a backstory.

was meant for

Fair enough fellow Archon. What sort of list are you planning on bringing?

My Swarmlord is getting ready to show Armless the Harmless why four swords are better than one.

That's a damn shame. Purple-robed squats would've been a fine meme army.

Can we get a straw Poll in this bitch?

Who /250 brimstones/ here

OP here. I don't know how to do that. Also, I'm on mobile. inb4 newfag phoneposter

As nids does the death forest thing freak you out? How do you get around that?

Yeah I was a bit confused lol. And that does sound hilarious, maybe I'll do that next. Mine are just green and silver.

It's been done before. Imperium just barely outnumbers Chaos+Xenos combined by a hair, and since more Xenos players are also siding with Imperium than with Chaos, and overall probably have the stronger factions balance-wise right now, Chaos is basically fucked for chances of winning this campaign. As it should be.

Who are you bringing to the fray OP?

OH SHI-

Different nid player than the guy you're responding too but, how much have you played against Tyranids that you think dealing a couple mortal wounds on 6's is ever going to be a problem for them?

Grey Knights. Yes, I realize 5 terminators with falchions only is 230pts. The Emperor protects.

Wouldn't it still fuck up gaunt spam?

Oh no like two of my two hundred models died. How will I ever recover?

Also pic related.

Damn son Well the best of luck to ya!

So I guess that stratagem would fuck over guard more than anything?

LOL

I think the Loebos stratagem is overrated. When used on a 50-model conscript squad, you can expect 8 models to die. It's also 2cp in a format that's very difficult to get battleforged in.

Deep-striking Scions says probably not.

It's only 1CP but it's still weaksauce against hordes. If anything power armour armies are the ones that should be scared of it. If some retard actually spends a command point to kill 5 of my 30 termagants I will laugh my ass off at him and then respawn them for free next turn with the tervigon.

The only time it seems like it would do anything to me would be against genestealers, but I just won't bring them within 3" of a forest if I don't have to. If my opponent hugs the forests with his juicy models so I have to get near them to charge, then I'll just use the stratagem on him.

Well free hits are still hits that's shit I didint even have to do anything really to kill I guess.

It's not free, you have to spend a CP.

Has Carnac garnered this much salt from Veeky Forums?

>Play Xenos
I'm just going to cuck imperium as hard as I can.

Having to put up with his same autistic childish shitposting about belakuck and taufaggotry over and over for years will do that.

It's actually delicious irony that Carnac's autism about Chaos probably secured them losing any future campaigns because most Xenos players side with Imperium just because they're sick of faggots like him.

I play xenos and still have nothing but distain for tau.

>"gee why is the Emperor so xenophobic"

THIS

THIS IS WHY

Xenos players siding with Chaos are basically pathetic race-traitors.

Imperium has ALWAYS been the protagonists, but Chaos gloating this edition about being the main villains is insufferable. Watching them get btfo is a far better result for Xenos than the Imperium losing.

The Vanitor WARP SURGE Stratagem is ridiculously fucking good for 1CP.

Carnac is the bane of literally every fluff thread anyone tries to make, combining autistic Chaos-wank with an obvious gay crush on Be'lacuck, a character who only exists to get the shit beat out of him over and over again. He was shitposting on a thread about the Horus' opinion on Traitor Primarchs earlier today.

Agreed. Chaos must fall so we can reclaim our rightful place, and it starts on Konor. My Dark Eldar lend our strength to the Imperium.

You can't ruse me Vect, you just want more meat slaves!

This. Xenos can't have any major relevance until Chaos gets put back in the box. And Necrons have no love for Chaos, so I'd gladly march with the Imperials.

Right?

>Grey Knights
>2 land raiders
>cast Gate of Infinity, Warp Surge, Gate again
> Enjoy your deep striking land raiders

The battle company is assembled.

His Scythes stand ready Primarch.

Scythes are a Chad chapter now.

My dynasty will be lending our ancient might to Gulliman.

>every Necron dynasty sides with Imperium
>Craftworlders are either with the Imperium, or even if not, they'll be against Chaos for sure due to you know Slaanesh
>Ynnari are with Imperium
>Orks will fight Chaos too in addition to fighting Imperium

Isn't that basically a rap, how can Chaos even win at this point? Only issue are Tyranids who avoid Daemons.

Tyranids usually don't attack daemon worlds because it's unprofitable in biomass terms. That doesn't mean that they're scared of daemons, and certainly not of CSM.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Forgefane
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Fall_of_Shadowbrink

>how can Chaos even win
Carnac.txt

>Masquerading as Carnac for months, drumming up support for the Imperium because I don't want the Ultramarines to lose even a scrap of territory
>People won't believe me at this point anyway

Me orkz'll fight for whoevvaz lozin'. Wanna make sure the scrap goes as long az possibul!

>Defeating Chaos with misdirection, lies, and deceit.
Omegon would be proud.

Ultramarine already lost 499 worlds worth of territory when their sovereignty was handed over to various successors.

No one can impersonate Carnac's brand of autism.

>wanting chaos to lose so that xeno races get to lose next campaign

You can tell when it's the genuine issue but people still act like stuck-up Chaosfags all the time.

It's actually very easy.
You just need to combine his talking points with your own latent autism.

Luckily for you Orks are overwhelmingly at an advantage for the first half of this campaign. As soon as we hit the higher points tiers, that advantage will be gone.

Nice try Abaddon.

No see its like this

>this campaign Xenos side with Imperium, btfo Chaos
>next campaign, Xenos faction whatever vs imperium; all the Xenos band together and Chaos being Chaos is too hung up on their loss years ago to get over it and fight against the Imperium as well
>Xenos win

and then GW ignores/alters the results to forge the narrative

user that just means the xenos will be fluffed as DOING SOMETHING. Losing as a credible threat is better than not showing up at all.

Pretty sure the next 2 campaigns with be imperium vs chaos either way, with it being imperium vs xenos after that no matter what.

The only thing that really matters is xenos banding together in all xenos campaigns to fuck whoever.

Painboss Skullcutta sayin wez just gonna krump any 'ummie or freak dat wez see.
Eh alwayz ahs a way wit words.

Don't forget the Weebs
They'll lend their swords, or, quad fusion blasters

>Imperium vs. Chaos Undivided campaign
>Imperium vs. Khorne campaign
>Imperium vs. Tzeentch campaign
>Imperium vs. Nurgle campaign
>Imperium vs. Slaanesh campaign

Just finished painting my 1700pts Farsight Enclaves army for this campaign. Can't wait.

n-no

THIN YOUR SHIT

also, nuln oil or agrax earthshade would really help your model look better. It looks very flat

>My FLGS confirms week 1 will be 500pts

So what kind of 500pt forces are people thinking of running?

I kind of want to run
>Archon
>Sslyth x 2
>Medusae x 2
All crusing around in a Venom along with two squads of
>Reaver x 3 + Grav Claw
But I'm worried it won't be enough bodies on the field. I wish Reavers weren't quite so expensive.

Issodon the Grim is mustering his Raptors and allies for the war effort.

Remember if chaos is eating the imperium they aren't bothering the greater good user.

Would the reavers and Archon count for the start collecting bonus?

I have no idea. Haven't even looked into that stuff.

Nice looking army sir!

How does that work, anyway?

Maybe something like
Autarch Skyrunner - Laser Lance
3 Shining Spears - 1 Star Lance
4 Windriders - 2 Shuricannons
4 Windriders - 1 Shuricannon

Thanks you. After not being updated for 7e I'm ready for 8e with renewed vigor.

Ask an user who is organizing the campaign for his LGS anything.

I think if the model is represented in the SC box, it counts.

I think whatever faction your backing gets extra clout in the form of victory points from fulfilling that weeks "theme".

Thinking of this.

What is the next point increment after the 500 point week? I want to participate and might have enough for 1000 points but if it's 500, 1000, 1500, or something like that, I'm not going to try to rush 500 extra points of models and do bad paintjobs only to not even make it in time to begin with.

What can we expect from the missions? I see some tokens in the box spoilers. Are objective captures gonna be heavily emphasized?

When's it start? My LGS usually holds 40k night on Fridays.

How does the points thing work? Like the Start Collecting bonus, painting bonus, all that. Haven't done one of these since 3rd Edition

What are the weekly prizes? And what's the makeup of your local meta looking like for the campaign?

Nice meme army. I can see that wreaking havoc against non-orks.