Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1616: Marvel Comics Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn
>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/8W99bdcs
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Tear
twitter.com/AnonBabble

...Explain

>is it a make your own item option?
Yes.

>What kind of effects could we see from it?

Up to you. But something like summon a storm is valid.
Ironically, +15% speed bonus is not. Since is mostly powered by flavor text

If you brought in items from other game worlds would their flavor text slowly start to become real as well?

>Capeshit
Ugh, no. We're overdosed on that shit right now.

Do we have anything that allows fusing or tying Super-Modes and shit to a single trigger? e.g. tying Bankai and Blood Devastation to a word.

Yes, to an extent

>other game worlds
...Like what? In which worlds based on games can you get weapons that aren't already as they are in lore?

Jumpers, what do you value?

Please be gentle
pastebin.com/8W99bdcs

Pizza.

What Jumpchain Supplements do you use /JC?

I've been looking over the Light of Terra jump and have been having trouble finding it's exact size
All I can find is that it is supposed to be large even by 40k standards
Does anyone have a more concrete number

You might want to make a note about just how important "flavor text" is to how the setting's changed from Elder Tales.

So that people know that a demonically possessed axe that devours things and hates you is a colossally bad idea.

Any of the MMO jumps and some of the higher end non-MMO vidya jumps. To my knowledge WoW is going to be the only one that flat out says it's lore and not game mechanics that it's copying.

Awesome

16 to 36km, specific size is up to you.

Worth noting that the size range of canon Glorianas is from 12km (Sanguinus') to 32km (Angron's.)

Gloriana-class battleships, of which the LoT is one, are between 16-km and 32-km.

Nice

>So that people know that a demonically possessed axe that devours things and hates you is a colossally bad idea.

I think jumper is wise enough to know that.

Your later number is wrong and your former is wrong from a canon perspective.

Not him, but that doesn't make any sense. You should assume lore unless stated otherwise. Game mechanics are often just highly-limited abstractions of a given world. Most of the time they're not an actual thing in-setting.

Gonna need to back that accusation up broham.

>I think jumper is wise enough to know that.
You would think so, but I'm not so sure about some of those Jumpers.
My point was that it should be noted that "flavor text" is more important in LH than the game stats were in Elder Tales.

That seems extremely ill advised given other settings may have very very different limits.

>I think jumper is wise enough to know that.

Bruh.

have you seen even half these mofos.

32km it is then
Thanks

>Alright, what about this?
Server was fine if other jumps counted as a server. city narrows it down a lot. Server implied wider are coverage. does the servers cover the whole world? If so, make it world wide.

>No public places.
You just made it so the perk based on teleporting back to cathedrals cannot teleport to any cathedrals anymore unless you buy one now. Good Job!

>Cathedral/Guilds Center (600)
This is just bad. you are charging 600 CP for small properties that don't seem to do anything in later jumps.
The Cathederal and 1-Up stuff needs to be combined. The Guilds Center needs to do something in later jumps, which don't have a guilds system.

I was actually wrong too.

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Tear

Sanguinus' Gloriana is only 10km.

In Log Horizon it's a Big Discovery that lore starts to become true. Not just on items, but on critters and how they act, invade, and so on.

This is made worse by some of the lore on items adventurers collect, but also affects People of the Land... To turn someone into a mass murderer, for example.

What cool stuff can the 2nd true magic be used for?

Combining your power with the power of several of your alternate universe counterparts so as to create a magic beam capable of killing a Type.

That might blow out your magic circuits though

Alright, at this point you are cherry-picking my comments.
No public places means no appearing in middle of the road, not no appearing in the cathedral.
Server was a country, basically. I'm not changing it from city to world wide. Thar would cost way more than 100.
I already told you I'm not combining it.

In LH lore slowly becomes true, In other settings lore IS already true and reality.

>mofos

Some of them are kind of cute.

Get soul regen.

So if we go in as veterans does that mean we start at 90?

>No public places means no appearing in middle of the road, not no appearing in the cathedral.
Could we select a given City and end up somewhere in said city? I'm asking because I am the user who gets stuck in the warehouse and I am still looking for more ways of escaping whenever that happens.

Yes.

Sleep.

You appear in the Cathedral of said city or in one of your properties if you have one.

Got one of those for Void?

If we take the perk that makes us a lvl 100 raid boss as a non NPC origin does that mean we found an exploit that let us level up to the new cap before the cataclysm and have a really BS build?

No, but you got the stats of a level 100 and the really BS build

>I am still looking for more ways of escaping whenever that happens.
Check out the Shack from Kairos. Also, PPC has something as a Warehouse Attachment. Something about "Plot Holes".

Course I do. got one for all of em'.

Friendship above all else.

Is that the Precursor perk?

Infernals has a perk that lets you go from anywhere to anywhere... It only takes five days of walking through a desert.

Do Orcs, Orks, and similar of their kind all have the same North-England accent?

No, Lord of the Dungeon.

Well, there is that one Australian guy.

So we talked about how great a waifu Hinata is last thread but what about Tayuya or Anko?

Not sure. But there are certainly things I value more than friendship.

Who?

They've got like two major scenes each and neither appears in more then one big fight.

Cockney accents and shit are tied to lower-classes, and Orks / Orcs are basically as low-class as possible.

Also, Warcraft Orcs are angry Americans.

>Tayuya
Dead

>Anko
Gets fat.

Do we have any abilities or items that can control portals, especially those made by others?
I need to disrupt a gate.

There's some portal thing in Spyro (not the Legend one the other one) that lets you hijack portals with study.

No, and no.

However there is a very cute fish-girl from one of the filler arcs.

post pics

Who was that one with the absurd skill in seals?

Why is it that some of the best waifus are from filler?
Or are Tenten, who's a 10/10.

The Plan.

Be a summoner with Overskill and Scribe to ditch the mook nerfs/limits.
Take Lord of the Dungeon to buff my mooks and mook buffs.
Let loose 12 raid heavily buffed bosses in the middle of Plant Hwyaden's city.

Laugh incessantly at the havoc this causes before running away, rinse and repeat as needed.

One of the Fire Emblem jumps has an ability to force portals closed, I believe.

>Warcraft Orcs are angry Americans.
I'm going to get memed on, but angry Shamanistic savages with a warrior culture who are also alien invaders and demon worshipers aren't even remotely close to Americans.

Here she is pre-transformation.

Accent-wise, they're angry americans.

So in Stellaris to import an empire does it have to be a space faring one or would they be boosted up to such if you ruled over a entire planet but not gotten to space exploration yet?

and post-transformation.

Is one of those that really needs a hug, due to being a survivor of Orochimaru's experiments.

Decently cute. Does she go all zora or is it monstrous?

Oh, she's still decently cute. So does she go all edgelord like Sasuke or what?

Nope! She's relatively stable, just in desperate need of a hug due to being rejected by the fishing village.

Are there any good jumps for politics?

I wonder if Kisame would want to adopt her.

How do you handle your crossovers jumpers?

Nah, she's just a nice girl being led on with the false promise of a cure for her monstrousness. She kinda has to fight at some points since the guy promising that leverages it all the time. She'd really rather like to not be like the village outcast/freak and just have a pleasant life.

Fuck, there've been a few. I... want to say Amaru?

She was a red-head, I remember that much.

west wing

West Wing

Nah, she had blue hair, I'm pretty sure. Like, she split a lake with them, I remember that much.

Are there any good jumps?

She loves only Pain

My adorable, hungry girlfriend mostly.

How does Coil's power from Worm work exactly?

>Server was a country, basically. I'm not changing it from city to world wide.
So say a nation wide region, it's not that hard.

What makes the cathedral worth 600 CP if it doesn't work as a 1-up? In other jumps I mean. Having control on one in this jump sounds like one of those background things if you are a royal landian or something.

I'm saying you are not conveying how those are 600 CP properties. A cathedral that could respawn people once per jump sounds like 600 CP. A cathedral that is just a fancy building that looks like a place of worship sounds more like 200 CP to take to other jumps, not 600 CP

Oh, Kanon. Yeah she's only got eyes for Pein.

This talk of filler characters makes me want to play a Jumper who only takes filler characters as companions.

Food Fighter (the one that lets you taste non chef food like it is actual food) would be a Title subclass since it is earned by completing a challenge right?

I think you're placing way too much weight on inter jump balance here mate.

In the Log Horizon jump, what does buying the Cathedral Guild Center get you post-jump?

Does anyone have a list of all the intreasting Movie/Filler stuff that Naruto has?

I mean I remember someone talking about Time Travel, Not-Chakra rocks, a bunch of filler weapons from a filler village that were epic to hear about, and more.

So, what exactly are "skills"? Can they be learned or modified? Is there a per-day limit, or do they run on stamina? Can you at least mention them somewhere in the jump?

It's either quantum timeline splitting bullshit as he seems to think...

Or the WoG is that it's actually a simulation/precog that only lets him perceive the less desirable simulation in real-time with the actual path he took.

No

Coils shard is constantly running a simulation of the world as is (might turn off out of use). When he uses it, that simulation diverges according to the changes he makes. That is to say, the only differences are what ripple out from him. On use it predicts his current actions, and the divergent 'timeline' at the same time, up until he would decide which set of actions he wants to do. It then autopilots him through his chosen course of action, while the other prediction is fed into his head at the same time. From his perspective he lives two timelines simultaneously. The 'reality' is he gets fed a vision of a prediction in 'real time'.

Why yes, that is needlessly complicated. Thank you for noticing.

You know how in VNs, you'll hit a point where you can make a binary decision? Coil's power is to make both choices and decide which he was the real outcome retroactively.

Alright, just stop this shit.
I will buff the fucking thing to satisfy your inter jump balance.
But I will put that shit later. For now it will stay like it is right now. Alright ?

Yes.

>So, what exactly are "skills"?

Skills are abilities or "moves" you see in videogames. Some run on mana, other in stamina, all have different cooldowns, cast time and so.

On activation his power basically simulates two different "realities", predicts which one he would choose, then automatically moves his body through the one he chooses while feeding him information on the other one as well until he chooses which one to keep.

Not those anons, and I think the LH jump is largely solid, but wanting to know what the Cathedral does post-jump is a legit question.

Is there a functional difference between how it actually works and Timesplitting? Why invent such a roundabout explanation for this kind of power and not just let him do the thing his power emulates doing AKA Timesplitting?

Is another of your properties. And you can respawn there if you have the 1-up.
Outside that nothing much.
The guild thingy is better since comes as both a bank, a source of free rooms and a seemingly endless storage space.

Because Wildbow realised that if it worked like that, the reason for the entire plot (The entities lacking energy production or something) makes no sense because Coil is creating entire timelines/universes every time he uses his power.