Disney has acquired your favorite Veeky Forums

Disney has acquired your favorite Veeky Forums

What changes for the better? The worse?

Infinity is already filled tonthe brim with furries. What is the worst that could happen?

Caste supremacy becomes the watchword.

i.e. nothing much changes

Drastic decrease in pinup models followed by the death of the setting due to no one caring anymore

That is already kinda happening.

>Drastic decrease in pinup models

But it's Disney, they're all about the pinups

F

The good: we get more and faster content as the rigid business acumen of Disney kicks the game Devs' lazy asses into gear.

The bad: half of the content is shit because it's designed to be as "accessible" and mainstream as possible. We also get jewed on prices from the cold unfeeling monolith that is Disney

What's an infinity, by the way?

A sci-fi skirmish level miniature game. A lot of the aesthetics are anime driven.

Apple seed meets ghost in the shell meets space Scotsmen.

Disney Acquires FFG... Not much changes actually, though there's probably a major spike in RPGs for Specific IPs that get released, and there's probably a new Marvel Not!Heroclix skirmisher that bumps 40k down to 4th most played miniatures wargame.

On the other hand... a possible Kingdom Hearts RPG that isn't someone's D&D Wiki 3.5 homebrew.

And they'll probably do something clever with R&D, and "Solve" the custom-models issue, where they set up and HP-Printer model:
They're not in the business of selling miniatures, they're in the business of selling high-detail Molds and official Disney Brand Plasti-Wax, which lets you make Quality Miniatures using your own oven!

Frankly, no one could possibly mismanage Shadowrun like CGL, so Disney would be an improvement in nearly every way. For starters, they would employ an editor. Perhaps even one with a working command of the English language. And they would probably fire executives who steal money from payroll.

Dungeons: The Dragoning 40k 7th Ed
All copyrighted content is removed and everything left is watered down to make it more kid friendly.

>mfw WoD fan.
I'm in the same boat as they can't fuck it up as bad as WW / OPP. I'll take Avengers: 2spooky4me edition over the shit they've been pushing out lately.

>40k
Slaanesh is removed, Big E is revived by the power of friendship, and anyone who mentions commissars gets beaten to death by a giant mouse.

>40k themed remakes of old classics...
Snowwhite and the Seven Squats?
Catachan Junglebook?

Fuck yeah
The Crimson King
The Little Primarch
Sleeping Lion'El
Dornnoccio
Vulkan Poppins
Horus Hood
Beauty and the Curze

But I don't want anymore 4e books. We already have everything we need. Maybe the players will become more familiar with the game, which would be nice I guess, but the number of classes/feats I'd need to ban would increase exponentially.

4e is perfect how it is, and doesn't need to be resurrected.

So Disney releases what... A Kingdom Hearts themed GURPS book, or several? I could get behind this. Hopefully they won't try and force a 5th edition to happen when nobody working on GURPS currently wants to do such a thing.

Such a fucked up way to go.

Literally anyone else would be better than Catalyst

Every white character is now black except the bad guys, they become white
Every character is now millenial whinny bitch that has to mention something new and upbeat every damn 5 minutes
Story becomes simple as fuck even a vegetal can follow the plot

Given their track record so far probably better.
Maybe it would be a little safer but that's fine.