Completely balanced Edition

Completely balanced Edition

>FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (Part 1 and Part 2)
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1BYDfDJ0nJA
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/17/chapter-focus-raven-guard-july17gw-homepage-post-3/
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/14/ultramarines-and-the-redemptor-dreadnought-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Ultramarines

and second

and 3rd!!!

The people that like Ultramarines are the same type of faggots that like Superman.

Rate my list

>all those primary colours
You. I like you.

T. guardscum faggot/templar nazi.

And much like Superman they're fucking awful in the hands of a bad writer but great with a good one.

Damn this thread is as still born as a /whfb/ thread what the fuck

they killed the manta lel.

Oh shit that why
OP is a retarded faggot and messed up the subject! Way to cock it up faggot

Carcharodons are a patrician choice, user. But: do you want a really patrician army, or a list for faggots?
Tump tacticals, go full terminator and dreadnoughts. This is how real patricians play.

10/10 except for the yellow flamer and the color scheme for the dreadnought

Thank you for the update! Is the game still in progress? 10/10 models btw

Well, tacticals are bodies that can be dumped from transports and kept safe until they are needed, and in 8e you cap objectives by having more models on the objective than your opponent so there's that. There's also the slight problem that I only own ten terminators and two contemptors, while also owning thirty marines armoured in Mark V that wouldn't see use, after I've gone to all the trouble of giving them Phobos bolters with chain bayonets. Tacticals win me games with objectives, while dreadnoughts pound ass.

What's better, pounding ass or capping objectives?????? Come on user double up on those termies

Over my six years of playing 40k I've come to realise that units should be used in moderation for a specific purpose. An all-terminator and dreadnought list would be fun for a fun game, but my club is very competitive and I try to make the fluffiest lists I can without sacrificing optimization. For this list I tried to cram as many wounds, shots, damage and high saves into the points limit, while maximizing my command points. Everything has a role, and there are no wasted points. I'm pretty happy with it.

YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF THE RED WAKE!

Failure is not worthy of the Red Wake, Tyberos would agree with me.
>mfw WAACfagging is actually fluffy

It's your army so whatever. I'm not a competitive player so I can't give you any advice on those aspects. Best of luck, fellow shark

I should note that though Tyberos is 'honorable' in single combat, his methods of waging war are anything but. The Mantis Warriors would be able to attest to this, except, you know...

Thanks my brother. I wish you luck in all your terminator and dreadnought-related endeavors.

RAITA
TITS
SCIONS
WHEN

Need to swap the AP around on the bolt pistol and combat blade. Play tested it may be but proof read it ain't.

Will hopefully get proper rules in the codex

Let this thread fall into the void, proper thread here

Reposting

Why don't they make some Iron Warriors sculpts based off this general design of occasional spikes but mostly hard edges and tech stuff? I'm sick of seeing all the art of em and they look exactly the same as Black Legion despite all the fluff suggesting otherwise

youtu.be/1BYDfDJ0nJA

Yeah same

Because user they're not going to do 9 seperate entirely unique lines of models for Chaos. They don't like Chaos.

and where's that info coming from?

More Geth-Cron photoshops to expand the concept.

Also because I'm bored as fuck.

To expand on this further, I'm planning to use the head of a banana (you know, the long stem part) and work my way from that using some green stuff

You're one persistent shitposter.

Sorry, was meant for

Lol nice do you have a prototype?

Im surprised they are willing to spoil the chapter tactics.

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/17/chapter-focus-raven-guard-july17gw-homepage-post-3/
RG are up

jesus fucking christ

Tfw no rules for alpha legion in the chaos index

TAU BTFO

It get's better/worse:
>One of the most exciting new features of the Raven Guard is their unique Stratagem, Strike From the Shadows. You’ll want to pack as many command points as you can into your list to take full advantage of this, allowing you to hold units back at the start of the game and deploy them anywhere more than 9″ away from the enemy just before the game begins
Also, reivers are confrimed to have "grav-chutes" and "grapnels" meaning they're definitely worth the cost now.

If everyone gets stuff like this, 8th will be great. But if only a few codexes get this and everyone else get fucked, it'll be shit.

>One of the two assault marine chapters
>Gets a chapter tactic that's completely pointless for assault marines and that's useless if they use for their custom strategem for any unit

>Get assault units into combat without being shredded by fire
>'Completely pointless for assault marines'

they'll surely get +1 to hit in their codex. in the end we'll just have a ton of modifiers more that cancel each other out.

If RG had these chapter tactics in the Damocles crusade it would have been a victory with flying colors.

>Nerfing shooting
>Useless for Assault Marines

Besides, Raven Guard were always about stealth more than melee.

I t s T h e s a m e t h i n g a s d e e p s t r i k e

stratagems will deal with unit specific buffs, keep up user.

Hey guys this is my army list for Orks for 1000 points.
Just getting back into it so what I have is limited. Any helpful advice would be welcomed.

Battalion Detachment +3CP (Orks) [69 PL, 1000pts]

HQ [8 PL, 153pts]
>Boss Snikrot [4 PL, 69pts]
-Mork's Teeth
-Stikkbombs

>Warboss [4 PL, 84pts]
-Kustom Shoota [4pts]
-Power Klaw [25pts]
-Stikkbombs

Troops [26 PL, 391pts]
>Boyz [13 PL, 223pts]
Boss Nob [31pts]
-Power Klaw [25pts]
-Slugga
-Stikkbombs
Ork Boy W/ 'Eavy Weapon [18pts]
-Rokkit Launcha [12pts]
-Stikkbombs
Ork Boy W/ 'Eavy Weapon [12pts]
-Big Shoota [6pts]
-Stikkbombs
27x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa [162pts]
-Stikkbombs

>Boyz [9 PL, 78pts]
Boss Nob [31pts]
-Power Klaw [25pts]
-Slugga
-Stikkbombs
12x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa [72pts]
-Stikkbombs

>Gretchin [4 PL, 90pts]
30x Gretchin [90pts]

Elites [22 PL, 222pts]
>Nobz [21 PL, 196pts]
Boss Nob [42pts]
-Power Klaw [25pts]
-Slugga
-Stikkbombs
2xNob [52pts]
-Big Choppa [9pts],
-Slugga
-Stikkbombs
2xNob [102pts]
-Power Stabba [3pts]
-Slugga
-Stikkbombs
Nob [17pts]
-Choppa
-Slugga
-Stikkbombs

>Runtherd [1 PL, 26pts]
-Grot-Prod
-Squig Hound

>Deff Dread [7 PL, 149pts]
Dread Klaw [15pts], Dread Klaw [15pts]
-Pair of Klaw Arms [45pts]
-2x Dread Klaw [30pts]

Dedicated Transport [5 PL, 85pts]
>Trukk [5 PL, 85pts]

-Big Shoota [6pts], Wreckin' Ball [3pts]

How many Eldar are there on an Eldar craftworld?

Most writers seem to place the number around a human city, so around ~10 million eldars at most right?

This Raven Guard thing seems strong. Not broken, but it's definitely full of flavour and represents them well.

I'm pleased by this and looking forward to seeing how the other Chapters look

What should I get For A slaanesh Army?
(No nipple marines or Demons)

we will be seeing a lot of Raven Guard Grav Centurions in the future.

You mean like either their strat or deepstriking them?

DARK ANGELS
GAY
YAY OR NAY?

some units can't deepstrike, such as Grav Centurions

If their storm ravens get it it's broken as fuck.

>Farseer Tilion, the mon'keigh Space Marines known as 'Raven Guard' are attacking. Their Land Raider is heading this way!
>Fools! Our Fire Dragons will burn it to cinders!
>B-but Farseer... Reports are coming in that the Land Raider has dissapeared! We cannot see it! It's merged into the shadows!
>BY ISHA'S TEARS WHAT?
>OUR FIRE DRAGONS CANNOT HIT IT. IT'S LIKE FIRING AT A SUPER SHADOW SPECTRE!
>KHAINE SAVE US!

Hmmm.

>In essence Bs2 Tau

AFTER ALL THESE YEARS
AAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love how it'll fit Raptors great too.

It says Raven Guard units. Not infantry. So; yes.

Dark angels are pretty cool. I find them much more interesting than any of the other technicolor marines.

I play Tau though so I don't use DA.

>Fire Dragons not being within 12"

Only it it's a feminine Penis

Come on friend, you don't know that will happen. Besides, we all know the Word Bearer Legion rules will be worse than shit so whatever rules the Alpha Legion do get won't be that bad.

It happens before game, allowing you to move turn one. That's much much much better than deep strike

They're a traitor legion

actual live thread

Only infantry and dreadnoughts get chapter tactics, no?

"Chapter Tactics, this will apply to your Infantry, Bikers and Dreadnoughts. "

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/14/ultramarines-and-the-redemptor-dreadnought-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

When did Storm Ravens become infantry?

When do you think we'll get the rules?

RIP shooty orks.

>Near the limit full of bullshit fake posts

Reading comprehension

>Deep strikes a leviathan dreadnought

SOON™

Only if you get T1.

So never

Yeah, but luckily you can just put them in deep strike, decide to use the stratagem if you get first turn, or just keep them in reserves if you don't.

So, what will Sallys, BA, IF, WS, SW, DA, IH and so on get?

Salamanders: Ignore Flamer damage on 4+. Re-roll failed wounds on Flamer Weaponry.
BA: +1S/+1A on charge. Maybe both!
IF: +1 extra armour save when in cover
WS: +1M and extra dice roll for advance, choose highest one
SW: Dunno. Whatever it is it'll prob be the best one in the game like in 7th.
DA: Re-roll wounds against Chaos and +1Ld?
IH: Plus +1W heal on vehicles?

read again, the strategem allows you to deploy them up to 9"

IF is the only one that even looks like what the new chapter tactics are. GW has said, and the UM and RG have shown, that these are supposed to be more broad and applicable to any army list rather than making you favor building a certian type of list.

Lads, anybody have the Reiver rules?

>assault will be good this edition they said

Yes, and? You don't have too use it. If it's not likely you'll get turn one, then you can just opt not to, unless I'm misunderstanding it completely.

I'd shake your hand and buy you a beer.

sure, tell that to the Green Tide. There isnt enough table for them to fall back to.

>tau
>being smug over RG chapter tactics
Have fun getting obliterated in melee without the chance to fire overwatch

>BA: +1S/+1A on charge. Maybe both!
So Daemons of Khorne's bonus?

>UM
>Assault army

Black Templars are going to be the true assault masters of the vanilla codex.

I don't really need it, you deepstrike in, you get shot. Pretty cut and dry.

And when the assault masters assault the ultramarines are just going to step back an inch and shoot them in the face.

>deepstrike
It's deployment, M8

So, lifta-droppas. They shave off an average of 3 wounds against targets strength 7 or lower and with the deff-rolla are essentially dreadnoughts. Seems like a good use of 233 pts to me.

If they can't wipe the Ultramarines out in a single turn or lock them in somehow, can you really call them assault masters?

after my first round of shooting there is

>master tacticians
>they get to do something obvious that anyone would do if the game didn't prevent you from doing it
>masters of stealth
>they get to abuse the rules of the tabletop game to give you an advantage during the deployment phase
Wow so far these are shaping up to be really great

I think people are whining cause they can forever take a step back when in combat and are still gonna be hitting on 4+'s. Every time they're engaged in combat they fall back and shoot.

How long will the Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Space Wolves have to wait for their specialized Codices ?