>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

>LAST TIME ON /WIPG/:

Other urls found in this thread:

darkartminiatures.com/Desert/cat1768315_1615212.aspx
secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=79_30_44&zenid=fd80fb5732861b12d9722fec479cca1f
shop.microartstudio.com/desert-c-3_89.html
bitsofwar.com/16-greenskins
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Johnny is my Primarch.

I was thinking about turning some Savage Orruks into Ork Boyz. Any good boxers with lots of 40k parts to make them look less Age of sigmar like?

For the straps and boot leather on these guys, I was thinking of just patching up the black primer with abaddon black to make sure the edges are clean, then giving it a dark grey highlight and leaving it at that. Do you think that would look ok or would it seem lazy?

And so the fag became a tripfag. Well done

That's a namefag, newfag.

johnny for lost legion

well you surely need either a box of boys or nobs for shootas, but that depends on how big the savages actually are never seen them in life

you can probably can get some nice bits out of those boxes too, to make them look more sci-fi

thanks for kicking off the thread off to a good start

Christ you have a serious complex, don't you.

the more you engage hijm the more he posts

>calling others newfags
Newfag

People who get fanny flustered over some clipping and filing seem to be the ones with issues.

Sarge Steel McBalls is finally on his way.
It took some serious effort to chop off his old head and weapons, but I think it was worth it.

and a better shot of his face, it's still very much a wip, but think I'm done painting his head

does anyone have any tips on how to make a smooth desert style base for my models?

i've looked all over the place for tutorials, but most desert bases are painted to be rocky or cracked rather than smooth and wavy as shown in the pic

I'm starting a chaos renegade army. Any tips or guides on painting grey clothes, dirty browns and that kind of stuff?

Your highlighting and general ability to paint within the lines is amazing. You could probably sell models with those paint jobs for serious cash.

look up tomb kings armies, I guess

Polyfilla/spackling piled into dunes with some textured paint on top would be my go-to.

Look, I have no problem with wanting to get rid of details. I personally like the knight-aesthetic of the Dark Angels and the tacticool aesthetic of the Deathwatch, and I file off the relevant symbols- getting rid of detail- so I can make tacticool space knights for my OC donut steel chapter.

But the namefagging-

unforgivable.

I didn't come up with it, some triggered turbosperg called me that so I thought I'd own it.

Thanks, I'll be sure to post pics once I finish him (I should be done by tomorrow).

>You could probably sell models with those paint jobs for serious cash.
Trust me, I couldn't. I'm a SUPER slow painter, it usually takes me from 2days to sometimes a week to finish a single dude. I doubt I could keep up with the deadlines.
But thanks again for the kind words. :D

>johnny for lost legion

He's not *lost*, he's just *covert*. Also, Space Wolves.

Mostly finished work on the first warbuggy for my Oddeptus Mekanicus army. I've got some edge highlighting to do as well as the base, but I'm waiting for some 150x70 bases to come in for that.

I just had a dumb thought. I'm replaying the Borderlands series and I kind of want to have a proxy army of something from there. Maybe Bandits as Orks or Hyperion as Tau. I'm tempted.

Woo, the start of my knarlocs

(Seekers of Slaanesh with Kroot Hound heads, for anyone curious)

the length of the neck looks a bit silly imo

Not sure how exciting terrain is, but this is getting to the point where I have to face the music and start thinking about sanding/painting it.

The main cliff/hanger is still separate, so I can properly paint the inside of the garage (even if it'll just be black/dark grey).

You are one of my favourite artists.

first 3 Imperial Fists done ( minus some dark reaper highlights on black bits)

also would mk 3 shoulders and helmets suit Primaris Fists? here's one I did months ago as a guide?

Test black orc

Got more terrain? I'd love to see more of your work.

I'd love to see less of you in this thread.

t-thanks

Not really. Last time I made terrain was back in the early '00s when I was a redshirt.

I see you too are a fan of the Citadel Badlands Basing Kit.

This "shiny dots" method of highlighting looks so fucking good with green. jesus I am stealing it

These guys sell a pack that comes with a couple "wavy" dune bases. Or use modeling paste mixed with sand/that texture paint that GW sells and diy it

darkartminiatures.com/Desert/cat1768315_1615212.aspx

You're very welcome. I love your painting style and your conversions - your army is consistent without being one-note, and your Bullgryns and Greyfax are a step above anything I've seen. Keep up the great work.

we need more terrain in these threads desu

Pretty much finished up my Warboss in Mega Armor conversion

Secret Weapon Miniatures has some pretty nice desert bases.
secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=79_30_44&zenid=fd80fb5732861b12d9722fec479cca1f

Micro Art Studio ones are even nicer, but quite spendy.
shop.microartstudio.com/desert-c-3_89.html

I'm liking this, user. I love chicken walkers, and it surprises me that the orks haven't got in on that.

Seriously though, clean your moldlines. There's a bunch on the handle

I'm looking for a good resource for cadet hats or commisar hats for my Storm Boyz.

Oh shit, or maybe I'm a tool and that's edge highlighting. I can't tell in this light.

having some fun with the test primaris my local GW is giving out, while staying kinda true to the fluff

having some a question tho, how usual is it for a imperial fist to have a red colored helmet is it only for vets? also what edge highlight color do i take at this step yriel or flash gitz yellow ?

Just finished the last bit of this, The hand gripping the scabbard.
Got some old lion shield empire on the table and two armies of 1:72 romans and gauls ready to go.

nah, thats a moldline. thats the joy of posting in high resolution. ive gotta clean that up.

Whilst cleaning up my bedroom I found my very first painted figures, a Warsmith and a converted Typhus.
>tfw I was far better at painting in those days

Also still working on my dungeon tiles.
Got a couple more to do.

has anyone stripped paint off out forgeworld resin? im planning on buying some old casts of FW products off ebay that are painted terribly.

>spending money on overpriced resin kits you can easily make yourself with the most basic plastic bits

Kek, I just happened to have pic related in my bits box, so I cut off the head and glued it onto the base.

Link?

I'd go for Yriel. Flash Gitz is a little too neon for anything not deliberately gaudy.

no

WTF I actually looked it up, it's the exact same head, only covered with some sand and cast in resin

welcome to the wonderful world of digital sculpting.
GW have always reused parts but in the old days that meant cutting up a sculpt and adding new parts, Now they can just re use any digital component over and over .

>how usual is it for a imperial fist to have a red colored helmet is it only for vets?

According to Sentinels of Terra, a red helmet (possibly with white stripe) or red crest on a yellow helmet indicates that the model is a sergeant. A black helmet is a "Sternhelm", or veteran sergeant. I think consistency is pretty much left to the vagaries of which Studio Lad has painted them, though, as the same book also shows examples of terminator squad sergeants who wear the same colours (yellow with red stripe) as the other models in their squads.

bitsofwar.com/16-greenskins

Try looking here

user what happened to your HH diorama? I loved your posts

Dude. Teach me your ways of painting Kasrkins. I need some serious help with these dudes.

Thinking about having tons of servo skulls floating around and hanging from this guy and having him as my Iron father. He would collector skulls from enemies and turn them into servo skulls then pluck them off himself and send them on missions during battle.

Any ideas on how to expand on this? Or ideas for cool servo skulls to use?

drybrushing

Anybody?

>tripfaggotry

Stop, please.

by "ornate" do you mean flat base colours and nothing else?

Has anybody tried mixing this beauty with the new GW city table?

Still wip, last one before he's finished then i'll do his base.

Forgot pic obviously

Those pieces combined should be an average size table. Why would you want to mix it with the ass looking GW table?

To add more variety and I liked the roads

The 40k realm of battle tends to come out really badly cast. We had to scrub the store one and then ask a car wash to wash it for us to get all the grease off it , it was warped with whole areas outirght melted and not filled in.
It wasn't the only one, every one we sold we had to take back and send back to GW. The regular RoB boards always came out fine, as did the AoS ones, But the 40k ones just don't fill properly.

pic related is actually really easy to pull off
the colours I use for the armour are : Agrax Earthshade, Castellan Green, as well as German Cam Bright Green and Pale Sand from Vallejo Model Color range (but you can use Varpstone Glow and Ushabti Bone if you're using Citadel).

1. Paint the armour with Castellan Green

2. Wash with Agrax

3. *the most difficult part* apply very watered down Castellan Green (almost wash consistency) again, but only on the raised areas of the armour, to create a shadow effect, like in pic related, you can see the lower parts are darker (make sure you don't get any paint into the recesses)

4. add some some Bright Green and a bit of Ushabti Bone and do an edge highlight on everything, it doesn't have to be very thin

5. mix 50/50 Bright Green and Pale Sand (and maybe a bit of Castellan, if it's too bright for you) and do a 2nd edge highlight, but make sure to make it very thin, and only around the sharpest edges (you might want to use the side of your brush here)

6. Use some pure Pale Sand, with just a tiny drop of green in it (for that slight greenish tone) and put dots on the tips of the edges

7. PROFIT

I also decided to go for the blue/grey uniforms, to honour the old Cadian colour scheme.

Not really sure what advice you are looking for. Names of paints? Colour theory?

You are a top cunt for sharing that recipe. Thx

What techniques should I use? The old GW way of base wash and a couple of highlights?

He is very clearly not a tripfag. He lacks a trip. Are you new here?

I gotta say, I always appreciate a boss with a big choppa. PKs are cool but they can't all have PKs.

That said...Killfang? Seriously? Instead I'm gonna call him Grimtoof.

What result do you want to achieve? Babby's first miniature? THIN YOUR PAINTS tier? Tabletop ready? High quality? 'Eavy Metal? Golden Demon?

Thank you so much man I appreciate the help. On your step 4. do you do an individual highlight of Bright Green and a bit of Ushabti Bone? Or a mix?

Well, I am a pretty standard painter but those miniatures are special so I wouldn't mind spending good time on each one rather than painting five of them each time for tabletop quality

I could use some help with making my ork army.
I already decided that their colours would be red and white, they are located somewhere in the Ultima Segmentum,and that they would be led by a painboss or just have a painboy as the warboss's right hand man. I just can't really think of what else I should do with them, whether or not I should focus more on vehicles or infantry and what kind to focus on. Any help would be appreciated.

m8 where's that pic from?

I'll work with you. What are you 5 top favorite models from the range?

As an example, how would you paint clothes like pic related to get some realistic result

For high quality you can follow the tabletop-ready method but add an extra step after the wash which is to glaze the model with the base colour so you create a model with much more "pop". After you've glazed a little, you can highlight as normal. Between each highlight step you can glaze with that colour to create a much more even transition between each colour. Your final highlight should not be glazed or you will make the model look like wax.

You can create your own wash colours by mixing lahmian medium and any colour in a 75/25 ratio respectively, if you don't want to use the standard citadel ones.

Plain old trucks, boyz, painboys, bikers, and maybe gretchen or stormboys

Thanks user, that's very helpful! If everything goes well I'll post results

Run a trukk-heavy army. Throw like 5 of them on the board and put specialized units in them--Nobz, Burnas, etc. Stormobyz work with them because they can speed up and down the board with the trukks. Skip warbikers, unless they're nobz on bikes.

Is good for painting realistic worn looking armor instead of cartoonish edge highlights.

Remember that a glaze is not a wash. It is thinned paint, like a wash, but the application is somewhat less intuitive — you have to put your brush to the area you want to leave dark, then drag the brush (and thus the pigment) toward the lighter area.

So a fast attack kind of hit and run army?
I assume I should also have a few 30 boy squads of orks just running around the table too, right?

I'll do some test models. Thanks again user

This. why are people obsessed with edge highlights? Looks unrealistic as fuck.

Neato.
Never played a dungeon crawler, but it always looks like a lot of fun.

>Being this bottom bothered by use of the name field and some model trimming

Post the results of your test models bby

They can be if you go into it for a bit of narrative fun.
I'm rebuilding heroquest with AoS minis to save my old copy from being destroyed by wear and tear.