Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Vengeance Edition - What was the last thing one of your characters went full on vengeance-mode over? What would he have done if anybody tried to stand in his way?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rzvXBFwcyek
youtube.com/watch?v=wucuqR5ceVQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably the time a childhood friend turned enemy castrated his son. He wasn't too happy about that.

When a dirty, crummy wizard turned his kid into stone. Ended with the dirty, crummy wizard being drowned

Thinking that a childhood friend had been raped. And then finding out that a more recent friend actually had been.

>your dm puts this on the roll20 music
youtube.com/watch?v=rzvXBFwcyek

Things are about to get COMFY.

Alright, I said I would share ideas for a rework of the PF Combat system here after the thread turned over, so I guess I'll do so now.

>1/?

So, rather than set “Actions” that a character can make each turn (such as Standard, Move, Full-attack, Swift,etc) instead each character has an “Action Que” or Deck kind of thing. Each class will have a different set amount of action slots at level 1, and will gain them at different rates for each class. Ideally, Fighters will have the highest gross number of slots once they level up. Each individual action will have its own action cost for performing. As such it will be smart for characters to properly plan and decide how to spend their slots for each round. In addition to this a rudimentary parry/counter/active defense system will be in place in the system, and they too will cost a number of actions to perform depending of the type of parr/counter, meaning a smart plaer will have to decide whether to go all out and immediately spend their actions at once, or leave some left over to spend on defensive actions. Further, combat maneuvers will no longer provoke AoO, but rather will instead cost a slightly higher amount of actions to perform, which can be mitigated with a feat to make a large number of maneuvers able to be done for reduced cost (taking inspiration from Elephant Feat Tax for this). Other feats can potentially change the cost of actions for other types of actions as well, or possibly add modifiers to them (such as with TWF, though not sure how to implement that yet).

i blacked out while trying to read this mess

>2/?

In addition, various strategies and alternate tactics can be used to change the cost of the an action for certain trade-offs or benefits. These can be anything from increasing action cost to increase the Attack Roll (basically focusing more to improve your own accuracy) or reducing the action cost by either lowering your damage amount or attack bonus (so this could either be trying to instead go for a glancing blow on purpose to deliver poison, or forgoing precision for a possible extra attack). By combining options like these, it may be possible to emulate things like Power Attack and similar, thus allowing the removal of those feats while also opening up options. Further, depending on your class, as you level up certain actions have have their cost reduced, or benefits enhanced, based on what class you are. This system will not be used alongside with Iteratives, however multiple attacks should be possible at higher levels depending on whether you want to reduce them with trade-offs or not, and how many Action slots you have

Broodie? Is that you?

>3/?

As mentioned, there would probably be implemented a basic active defense system. There will probably be different defensive options costing different amounts, like after performing a successful deflect action performing a ripost afterwards, which while this would be effective may leave you open after spending too many actions, meaning either you may be left defenseless against the guy’s buddy, or the attack may have been a feint to trick you into leaving yourself open to the real attack. Feints will be included as well, and as such being sure your character can spot them may become important to learning how to manage your combat actions. In addition, as a way to make shields more useful perhaps their shield bonus may now also apply to defensive action as a bonus, and can be used to reduce the cost of a “block” action. Basically what I’d imagine there will be are Block, Parry, Dodge, and Riposte action. The last one may instead just be the ability to perform an attack of opportunity after a successful parry, though as of yet I’m unsure. Have been also thinking about making Block mostly STR based and Dodge mostly DEX based, with Block being much cheaper naturally (especially with a shield) thus giving the STR builds a bit of an edge.

I wrote this ahead of time in Word in blocks. Sadly using blacks and paragraphs in word does not seem to translate well into Veeky Forums posting format

>4/4

Spells I’m currently unsure about how to effect their cost, and whether to keep slots and such intact. While I would personally prefer to instead use Spheres, since you could play around with is a bit thanks to the nature of Spheres CL and such, I understand Spheres is not always liked, and would like to at least try to alter basic PF casting with this new system. However, one this is for sure that action cost will increase based upon spell level and its normal action type (meaning if you blow your action budget on a large spell, you probably won’t have enough actions to perform your Emergency Force Sphere to save your hide), and that spells in general will have a higher action cost than martial combat, since ideally magic should require much more mental focus than combat. Am also unsure if I should alter combat casting and the AoO stuff for it as well. Further, Concetration effects may probably cost each round the same amount of actions as it took to activate it, though certain feats and the like may be able to reduce this action cost. Also, I’ve been considering allowing a “risky casting” mechanic where you can lower the action cost of spells by incurring a Spell Failure percent, with maybe a possibility of Backfire happening if you fail too hard or so.

PoW will probably not be implemented into the base system, though if I were to make rules for them, I feel it would definitely be a good idea to give them a somewhat higher action cost than most normal combat actions, thus making them basically into fancy if somewhat risking things to try and pull off, as “spinning” is not always a good trick. As for Psionics, considering it already has Power Point and Psychic Focus mechanics, I may have them cost somewhat less than normal 1pp magic in terms of action cost.

Thoughts?

stapling on an entirely new combat system is dumb and nobody will do it

>lel didn't read
Is not "stapling on" numbnuts, its supposed to replace it. Please come back after you've learned how to read

It is stapling on, because you can't just 'replace' it, you're at best covering up the old one with a complete mess.

Nobody will use it, nobody cares that much, you need to work within the system, not just cover it up

replacing the combat system with an entirely new one is dumb and nobody will do it

All the shitposting about PoW we've had these past several days says otherwise

But PoW works WITHIN the systems of pathfinder, even with its problems it slots in pretty easily

Much easier to understand than your autistic idea

>Thoughts?
This idea was idiotic from the get go and somebody probably should have let you know that slapping some poorly thought out new combat system over pathfinder's well defined ruleset was a mistake. That said, having seen what you've come up with here, you probably weren't going to do anything worthwhile with the time you wasted.

>But PoW works WITHIN the systems of pathfinder,
The threads claim otherwise.

Also, how is this even all that hard to understand? Its no more complicated than, i dunno, game mechanics from a mobile and handheld games like Mobius Final Fantasy, or those shitty Megaman games about the internet.

Are you just retarded? Or just too lazy?

Is it so bad that after all the whining and complaining about how absolutely fucked the PF combat system and should be fixed, that I decide to actually address it? All you fucks do is whine and masturbate impotently all day, and complain about how someone needs to fix this shit. Yet when someone actually tries to get shit done, you hiss and shriek like a bunch of autistic luddites because someone dared violate the status quo. Isn't this supposed to be Veeky Forums? The place where anons "get shit done"? Or are you just here because you can't be happy without something to complain about?

Startoad, stop trying to re-invent Pathfinder. Nobody cares for your AD&D autism, your intrigue autism, or your constant feat/system rewrite autism.

The thread is dumb and retarded then, because PoW just uses the already known systems of pathfinder, ie actions in combat, for different things

Yes, PoW has numbers problems, but there's a reason the book of weeaboo fightan magic was so loved in 3.5 and why people like PoW

Oh god is it Startoad? Startoad is the guy i know AD&D shittery comes from

An ongoing encounter with her rapist, who also raped one of her companions, much, much more savagely. Now the fiend will die and nothing will stay the hand of Justice! Hopefully this week the monster tastes the swift blade of vengeance!

>Startoad,
I don't pay attention to your shitty ERP celebrity masturbation excercises. I have no idea who the fuck that asshole is, nor do I fucking care. And if your only defence is to accuse me of being one of your fag celebs, then maybe you should go fellate a shotgun after drinking a paint thinner cocktail

DISCIPLINE ERRATA WHEN!?

rofl, why are you so angry dude

Fuck off, weirdo

soon(tm)

I want to explore the depths of Broodie's DMing style with my throbbing mind!

>Spacefrog gets triggered when found out
If you don't follow thread names, why are you so mad when called one? I question the rationality you'd take when we criticize your idea if you get this mad at what's basically a shitpost. Toughen up or get the fuck out, startoad.

On a scale of 1:10, how anime is your current game?

My DMing style is constantly second guessing myself and stressing a lot

but my maps are cute.

>literally "lel u mad"
Go back to your home
>>>/yourownasshole/

>>>/reddit/

>>>/notdiscordbecauseyougotyourwhinyassbanned/

Nigga, why are you so mad right now? It's just a random shitposter. Calm down, son.

Quads confirm

I'm trying to homebrew a port of 4e Warlord into Pathfinder. However, I'm not sure if my current approach is retarded or not.
I wrote up the class chassis so far and a small subset of the options as a proof of concept before I commit fully to writing up all the options.
Would anyone mind telling me how dumb or not it is?

>If you don't follow thread names, why are you so mad when called one?
Because nothing makes me angrier than idiots who hide be behind thier shitty discord memes to justify being luddites.

And again, who the fuck is Startoad even? What does this namefag you keep mentioning even do?

>What does this namefag you keep mentioning even do?
Apparently, it triggers the shit out of you, Startoad.

>luddites

what are you on about rofl

has bad ideas and gets mad when people call them shit

From top to bottom:
7: Everything except the party is anime, including party's actions and methods
4: One guy has anime art, nothing else
4: Same as above

I'm mad because even though he's a shitposter, he represents everything that's wrong with /pfg/, and to some extent all of Veeky Forums, right now

Also, I'm tired of people confusing me for some namefag, forst it was Kawase, now its Startoad, and I'm tired of people accusing me of being assholes I don't even know!

I'm not opposed to criticism, hell, I make a lot of homebrews that I post to here all the time, and I almost always make corrections based upon comments and criticisms, and have even scrapped whole projects before. But people going "I hate it because its autism" is not valid criticism, especailly when their only other complaint isn't the actual idea, but because i'd be "too much to bother learning"

kill yourself, you do the world a favor removing your stain from the genetic pool

Give yourself a name so I can fucking filter you then

But your system is shitty because its basically trying to poorly glue another system ontop of pathfinder

Just make your own fucking system at that point, nobody is going to use a homebrew that complicated, PoW is used because its basically just spells for fighters

No, because names are cancer, and I"m not a retarded shit like Buildposter is.

Here's a better question. How do I make my game more anime?

You're worse than Buildposter, Kawase, and Startoad right now with the spergy way you're acting user

lets swap topics, how is WotR going?

So trying to cut out and gut the base system and replace it with something that actually makes martials cool and puts in the better parts of PoW without the math mess is "gluing on"? Excuse me, it seems the english language changed over night while I was asleep.

Two words:
Beach
Episode

Yes, its literally gluing it on, stichting it on, stapling it together, its like taking two completely different systems and trying to mash them together.

Your system is not like Path of War, which works within the established paradigm of how pathfinder combat works, but is rather an entirely new system, and I can only assume that you're stapling it to pathfinder instead of creating your own fucking system because you're a fucking hack

Okay, you want feedback, Startoad?

I don't like it. I don't think you need to even do this kind of thing. Reworking the action economy of Pathfinder is tantamount to designing a whole new system, and would better be served in the Homebrew General and not here. Your idea is overcomplicated and predicated on the idea that PoW's faults are worse than it's good points. Most of the thread doesn't mind using PoW, despite knowing what flaws it has. They generally like it because it makes martials something more than "charge/5ft-step and full attack". The benefit of PoW, Psionics, SoP, and all the other good subsystems is that they use the base of Pathfinder and don't modify the core system, merely adding on to it.

If people that play pathfinder liked the idea of changing that core system, everyone would have been fine with moving to 4e and later 5e after 3.5e support dropped. Here's the important part: We didn't. The majority of PF players /like/ the 3.5 system, and that's why we are here. Changing that is rejecting one of the primary bases of the community here.

Which one?

tuvarkz

Fucking THIS

My groups equivalent to a 'beach episode' was promptly followed by the BBEG's lieutenant managing to psychicly bend his way into the hearts and memories of my Inquisitors friends, family, the local government, and 3 of the other 4 party members that weren't me. (Yay will save fails...)

She brought him down in the town square in front of a crowd, her family, and a few city guard. Though she managed to convince the party she did the right thing, they had to escape the city or she would be hanged (and the party jailed for harboring a murderer). No one in the party had strong enough magic or skills to overcome the brainwashing anyways...

Shame that campaign never managed to come to it's conclusion. DM ended up moving out of state and even when we tried to do the campaign online he never had time for it.

>4 - Not too anime most of the time, but has enough comfy SoL stuff mentioned in passing between action segments that there's some, it might jump up to a 6-7 soon depending on how crazy our casters go though
>8 - Pretty sure half the time people are calling out attacks, or at least yelling shit, so I'd call it pretty fucking anime already
>??? - Not even sure what the chargen allows yet, determining anime levels impossible I predict at least a 6

I never said I wasn't a hack. Hell, nearly all my previous homebrew work has been nothing but converting pre-existig classes and options to new systems, like making Initiator archetypes for Bloodrager and Cavalier and such, remaking the Armorist to not be shit, and such. Honestly the only "original" homebrew I've ever made was a race of deer people, and that was purely on request from another user.

Now that's better, actual feedback and criticism. and while I disagree with your assumption as to why people like PF (since most people, myself included, mostly just like it because it has a shit-ton of chargen options and customization) I can see the validity in not wanting to make something too different and calling it the same name even if that mindset is retarded, and is the reasons why 4E was killed by retarded grognards. As such I shall concede to the points you've actually taken the time to make and articulate, and drop the subject and refrain from bringing it back up here on /pfg//pgg/ ever again. Perhaps I'll just work on it from time to time, and keep t with my home group of friends, since we're already trying to experiment with new systems right now.

1) Episodic / session based quests with resolutions and cliffhangers
2) Player character focused scenes
3) Use of background music at the table
4) Relatively straightforward plots; if villain's methods seem convoluted or complex, the underlying simplicity will be revealed later.
5) Balance of humor and seriousness, to degrees depending on what anime you would like to emulate.

what games are they user they sound fun :O

>Everyone's feedback was basically what that guy said but now you're not sperging out because it was explained to you very slowly

Ah, I guess you're retarded

>Savage rapes going on in /pfg/ campaigns

Jesus Christ.

And you're a shitposter, so I guess that makes us even

Nah, they called you out on your actions.
You're not even using the word right

Beach Episode, check. Anything else major that I'm missing out on?

You shouldn't stress so much. People seem to like you.

It's just part of my personality, I dunno.

Dude... you got Tsukishima'd. No one deserves that. Your DM must've been a real dick.

Filler of a bad guy long gone coming back and not being anymore a menace he used to be, episode of teasing about something major, but nothing happening and an over the top american character making an appearance for a single session never to be heard again.

There are like...three literal rape campaigns and at least half a dozen Pro-Lewd games that could easily involve or might've already featured savage rapes.

you're exaggerating savage rape user

Entire season devoted to a couple who miiiight get together, but then again might not, and at the very end all they do to express their love is a passionate kiss.

Just keep on keeping on, and everything will turn out alright.

6. One character's family is incredibly anime, we had a 1v1 between 2 Half-Giants trading blows for massive damage, the dexfag's attacks are too fast for most people to see, our caster is a hikki, and we had a beach episode before going to get our chakras unlocked. The main story and the world is pretty grounded, though.

What flavour of Kitsune do you prefer, /pfg/? The ones that can transform into a half-fox (such as pictured) or the Tian-Xie pathfinder kind?

all kitsune are thots

Honestly, that's the thing I always hate the most about "lewd." GMs running lewd games almost always fail to account for the fundamental tonal shift. Suddenly every combat becomes not just "Will we need to retreat and heal if someone goes down," but "Are we all going to get raped"?

Not to mention how GMs keep going "oh bee-tee-dubs, you got pantsed and everyone saw your donger lawl" in the middle of a pitched battle where we're all supposed to be fighting nightmarish beasts.

Every social interaction with an NPC becomes "Is the GM going to rape this person later? Every IC romance suddenly hinges on whether your GM decides it'd be funny to have a fat eyeless old dude rape your love interest.

BEGONE THOT

I don't know what that image is from, or a reference to.

But I want to know!

Even this one?

WHAT ABOUT 'ALL' DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

Pathfinder kind. I'm not a fan of kemonomimi, since I've not run into it in a game where it wasn't a lewd or moe thing.

KanKolle. That's an American ship. In a game filled with Japanese ships. Pretty sure that is also supposed to be a ship that took down another ship that is also in the game.

Why is an American girl portrayed as blonde and cute when the average American girl is brown and doughy?

Because it's a game that has nothing but cute girls as a selling point and because it's japanese.

Have you seen how all of the Japanese girls in the game are presented?

because the stereotype of americans is still blonde bombshell texans

Kongou best girl and I will mock anyone who says otherwise.

All kinds of kitsune are full of their own brand of shit, but since I have already confirmed that my taste is extremely shitty I find myself enjoying most versions (mainly the "standard pathfinder" and "bloodforge yokai" versions) of them. So long as they aren't commissioned by Augunas.

youtube.com/watch?v=wucuqR5ceVQ

It's an artifact of Japan's globalization after the end of WWII and how insular it was before then. Foreigners CAN have all these different colors of hair unlike you and everyone you know, so by golly if you're gonna draw some up, they must.

Could a Chosen One paladin potentially have an evil god be their patron, merely pretending to be some good deity, aiding them for said god's own ends?

Like a fiend pushing the paladin to kill fiends to fuck with his competition.

americans are like, always blonde in japanese media, especially american women

No.

Is smoking a thing in Pathfinder?

So? America used to have blondes, and Japan is used to black hair all day every day. They like the exotic coloration.

You mean tobacco? Yes.