Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Duncan Edition

>FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/14/ultramarines-and-the-redemptor-dreadnought-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/17/chapter-focus-raven-guard-july17gw-homepage-post-3/
youtube.com/watch?v=wrngFkqIxlw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Raven Guard get sneaky Ironclad Dreadnoughts.

so what's way to convert up some Shining Spears.
I want to try them out, but I models are overpriced and shit.

nice dubs.

so i've got almost all my zombies done. some highlights and basing to do

now working on my deathguard. what colors should i do the plasmagun coil?

Ready for the BBC ?

>inb4 people who don't understand that stormravens don't get CT bitch about RG tactics

[Citation Needed]

This is probably a dumb question from a newby, but...is there a left and right shoulder pad for the Space Marines or are they identical on sprue?

just leaving this lil leak here

oh and i'll tap the bolter's barrels last

Sneaki Beaki

Finished Necron damage-calcs, working on cost-calcs right now: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

I'll be interested to see their finished conditional formatting. Just looking at the numbers so far, you can clearly tell that they have lower damages pretty much across the board, to balance their huge longevity.

Yeah like Stormraven needed buff, nice HW, nice..

Can you use a CP on seize the initiative? my friend is saying you Can't.

Even in Death, I still Sneaky Cheeky Beakie.

Why are monstrous boneswords so shit?

I went for purple on mine and it makes a really nice contrast to the green and brass, but you've already used purple on the tentacles, so I suggest orange.

You guys working on anything?

Orange

Plasma red with yellow heat highlights.

>leak

Only applies to dreads, infantry and bikes.

the line says "with this tactic". The article it's previewed in lists what can have tactics, Infantry, Bikes and Dreadnoughts.

To argue that the list isn't limited to what's listed, is the same as saying the list of chapters it applies to isn't limited to what's shown.

Command Reroll can be used in any phase, but Seize happens before any player's turn, so there's no phase to use it in yet.

To troll everyone who fell for the BoneLash meme in 7th.

You can from what I know.

I'm working on an exodite army and I've got a set of ripperdactyls I'm planning on using for mine, but the problem is those are also crazy expensive (even buying them piecemeal on eBay). Use dark elf cold ones for some dino riders, you get a decent number in the sets and if you file legs a little it's fine to use the dark elf legs for it

What am I looking at, a primaris damned legionaire?

>shoot at RG infantry during a night fight with plasma
>have a better chance to kill yourself than you do the enemy
Justify this Veeky Forums

HOLY SHIT WHAT A DANK LEAK HOW DID YOU FIND IT?

What meme was that again? 7th was Flyrants, Lictors and Mawlocs, with only the odd contrarian going "muh Venomthropes & Exocrines" (in b4 "no cover ignore), or "muh Neurothropes".

>Trying to use sensitive equipment when you can literally see nothing

Harder to find the heat vent when everything is dark n shiet.
Even harder to remember to use the heat vent when you're getting pissed off at the Sneaky Beakies flitting about like some darkest shadow.

pages 245 and 215 in the brb explicitly reference using CP before the game starts.

>putting modern MkIII sponsons on a MkI Land Raider

>disengaging the safeties when in a dangerous situation.
>using D2 weapon option against a 1 wound model.
Don't be an idiot.

Also, GW decided not to define natural dice results, and thus chose that penalties get worse under negative modifiers (plasma explode) than have benefits get better (rerolling ones).

They're albino white.

it's chaos .. consider it salvaged ?

BTW that's a spartan .. needs 4 more lascannons in the sponsoons.

>Dreadnoughts having 1W

The meme where the entire fucking codex was filled to the brim with models using BoneLash, no matter how worthless the combination (BoneLash + Venom Cannon on a Warrior was my personal favorite). And since 8th Edition's approach to Tyranids was basically to buff everything that was shit and nerf everything that was good, BoneLash, having been good, have been nerfed to fuck.

Just use flamers

Dreadnoughts are not infantry.

How would I acheive a color scheme like this? What color paints should I need?

I'm looking at different ways to paint Salamanders beyond GW's standard warpstone glow.

No one else gonna point out that RG are the Drukhari of the Imperium

They can't see, and accidentally press the "Explode" button on their Plasma guns. This is especially hilarious if it's a Chaos Land Raider with Combi-Plasma blowing itself up.

What if it's a sneaky group of Assault Centurions or Ironclad Dreadnoughts? Hmmm?

Maybe that's why it applies to infantry bikes AND DREADNOUGHTS

>shoot at RG infantry during a night fight with plasma
>infantry
>dreadnoughts
and the first and third points still stand.
Don't use the dangerous mode in unsafe situations, and GW decided on the resolution order for their dice rolling mechanics.

Are there any worth picking 40k-dedicated gaming accessories? I see that GW has released some neat looking stuff but I don't know if they are worth it

He said Infantry, and he was replying to him as such.

>tfw you put all the veteran shoulder pads on the left shoulder instead of the right on ALL of your veteran marines

I was such a dumb child when I put my vets together years ago

dont make the same mistakes user
double check with official pics before you glue your dudes

generic shoulders usuall have a little panel that is closer to one side or the other

I am unsure which is the correct side tho, but they arent all identical

[Citation Needed]

I like what's happening here...

How do you do the fire?

>using D2 weapon option against a 1 wound model.
Why would you not use Intercessors? Seriously, Intercessors with this tactic can Rapid-Fire while more than 12" from the enemy and Intercessors, having two wounds, let you taunt opponents into overcharging their plasma.

more like they flipped off the safety, but now can't see signs of the capacitor overloading before catastrophic failure.
They're choosing to press the 'this might explode' button.

The problem is with the plasma rules, not the raven guard chapter tactic. The overheat should happen on an "unmodified" 1.
>t. otally not a raven guard player

>What if it's a sneaky group of Assault Centurions or Ironclad Dreadnoughts? Hmmm?
Then you get even angrier, to the point where you explode without even firing the plasma gun.

Anyone know how Dark Angels are the edition?

Always been a Xeno player, dabbled in Chaos but never had an Imperium faction. I've been reading a bit of fluff recently and I like them, seem like my sort of faction fluff-wise; kill a whole planet to stop a few chaos marines. Really brutal but fun and fits the narrative.

So are they good, bad, basically just Space Marines or should I wait for the codex to drop?

Cheers

>like all Chapter Tactics, this will apply to your Infantry, Bikers and Dreadnoughts

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/14/ultramarines-and-the-redemptor-dreadnought-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

Durkadurkadurka! "How exactly were the forces of Chaos ever a threat to us again?"

Are Kanz and Flash Gitz any good?

Termies, cents, any primais, all HQs and other characters are all RG infantry with more than one wound.
Even then, against 1 wound models the superior strength means you kill 125% more models

>Raven Guard Scouts now live up to their reputation in the background, and units of snipers with camo cloaks will be incredibly difficult to displace from cover, while other ranged support units like Devastators, Intercessors and even ranged Dreadnoughts will benefit hugely from better defences against shooting.
>and even ranged Dreadnoughts
>and even Dreadnoughts

Source: warhammer-community.com/2017/07/17/chapter-focus-raven-guard-july17gw-homepage-post-3/

>inb4 Warhammer Community is not a reliable source

Wrong picture but similar enough to what I wanted

*blacks your path*

Lel Tau are garbage now ahahaha
Fuck xenos, next we need the other xenos to be squatted

I have two heavy weapons team sprues for guard a friend gave me, and I'm trying to figure out what to build them as but am still very new to 40k. Is there an option that most Guard players consider the best/most useful?

Yes, you can also do it on the rolls to see if they game continues, the mission spells out who should make this roll explicitly for this purpose.

fought them a couple times with my eldar. We were both very new to the edition so mistakes were being made but.

Deathwing gets very expensive very fast, but Deathwing knights are really hard to take down, and if they can get the initial charge will fuck things up bad.

Ravenwing 5+ invuln isn't that great, though works already if you go for max flamers. flamerbikes are scary.

The chapter masters aura is bonkers, but makes a lot of your army immobile if you want a lot of things staying in that aura.

Why does that melta have a bolter magazine?

youtube.com/watch?v=wrngFkqIxlw

It's clearly a combi.

>what is a combimelta

what if t'au suck right now cause they're balanced around the codex, and their codex is bs?

Just finished the cost-calculations for Necrons: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

As suspected, they have a LOT of yellow going on. Their specialized units are still decent at their jobs, but not the extremes seen in other factions, due to the durability and range of most of the Necron stuff. Destroyers, for example, only get down to around 40 pts/wound/turn against light/medium vehicles, compared to something like the 13pts/wound/turn for a team of CWEldar Fire Dragons against the same targets, who are far squishier and need to get much closer.

With Necrons done, there's a number of things I can work on:
1. Re-do the Tau page, as it's now woefully incomplete compared to the later pages.
2. Do a page for another faction not yet done from indices (SM, Ultramarines, Black Templar, assorted special characters from other SM chapters, Deathwatch, Cadians/Catachans, Scions, Astra Telepathica, DEldar, Harlies, Ynnari, Tyranids)
3. Do a page for the forgeworld units for a faction
4. Do some housekeeping like adding horizontal alternating-color lines to improve readability
5. Do another specialized page comparing specific options, like the pages for combi-weapons, snipers, or the like

What are people interested in seeing? What would be useful or informative? My default is to continue tackling basic index pages in no particular order.

tau probably suck rn because people hated them and lots of tourneyfags had some tau... this forces tourneyfags to buy a new army and casual players to buy tau again without worrying about being labelled a waac.

>Went to LGS
>The salesman noticed I'm looking at start collectings and starter boxes
>"What's up user, what are you looking for?"
>"New army I think, mate"
>"Did you already choose something?"
>"Orks I think - I want to do some kitbashing and magnetize a lot of shit"
>"Good pick user - do you prefer the Ironjawz or Greenskinz?"
>"But I'm looking for a 40k army"
>"Huh, and you want to pick orks? For real?"
That was weird. I had no time to talk about this with him but I don't really understand what's going on. Are Orks shit? Are they a bad option for a beginner or what?

faggot

Nope, they are pretty great.

Shit in 7th though, so that might be it.

Orks are forever trash, sorry user. But atleast be nice and borrow them for your friends campaigns

Best new troll meme

They're not really a good beginner army.

Just go Primaris or something.

Can we talk a bit more about the Raven Guard stratagem they teased? Strike from the Shadows? Basically Deep Strike? Even if it only works on infantry, that is huge.

Used to be shit. now are good, stupid of the owner to potentially put off a sale like that though.

With a bit of imagination, and some normal guardsmen bodies, you can get several weapon teams out of each box. If I remember correctly you can get a mortar team, a missile launcher team (with the guy carrying the missile launcher standing up), and one other weapon out of each box.

Pls no

I to would like to know

Don't listen to this massive faggot, the best ''''beginner'''' army is the army you are actually interested in.

Saved from the kidnapper but then killed by him for my weakness.

Kans yes, Flash Gitz kinda expensive for the points. 6 Kans in a unit carrying Rokkit Launchers has worked really well for me

Cheers pal. So nothing special on Space Marines, just a couple of unique units is what I'm getting from you. I suppose Space Marines will always be the base line so in that case I guess Dark Angels will be okay. May as well give it a go anyway. Thank man.

no bully.

To clarify, I have two sprues, not two boxes--i.e. I have enough to make two individual teams. I could probably still manage to get a decent amount of teams out of it though if I try. I just don't know which weapons are good/better to take, or what they're good for. I got into this literally right as 7e was ending, and haven't actually played any games of 7e OR 8e yet.

Nah, not really. If you're a new customer, sure, but if you're a regular, the owner might want to advice you not to buy into a horribly expensive and (formerly) shit army.

Please, no marines. I find them boring as fuck
>stupid of the owner to potentially put off a sale like that though
I think he wanted to recommend me a DI box or other two-player set but because of staring at boxes I had only enough time to grab the paint I bought and try to catch a bus

Well then.

Well at least my very favourite model is great.

Flash Gitz are second, I'll probably still use them, desu.

Kanz are great, flash gitz can be good but need to be in something open topped to protect them from death.

Well I'm fucked.

Are the kidnappers black?

>When you really become a meme

LoW alternative guy here. My LGS totally has both a Aquila Macro Cannon Strongpoint, a Double Bastion + Aegis combo, and a Firestorm Rebout. I find all of these incredibly cool. Is there ANY hope for fortifications?

>into a horribly expensive
Fug, I know they are more expensive than T'au or Crones but are they THIS expensive?