Toril Transported into 40k Galaxy

It's time for another shitty crossover.

Toril is transported to the 40k universe. The weave is now spreading slowly from where it appeared, allowing D&D arcane and divine magic to accessed. The more people cast and worship (and the farther out they do it) the faster the weave spreads.

Other urls found in this thread:

hackslashmaster.blogspot.com/2015/08/on-5e-modern-fighter-subclass-space.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> An interesting note is that psionic powers are present in both the universe of the imperium and the universe of the weave. In addition, they both seem to be influenced by another dimension of madness, the warp and the far realm respectively. Some have postulated that these two dimensions are the same.

> I myself am skeptical of this claim, as unlike our warp, the reports we have received of the far realm give no indication that it is a realm of thought and ideas. There is however a so called region of dreams that matches the metaphysical properties of the warp, being a dimension of thought. Interestingly, we have heard that there is a zone where the far realm overlaps with the region of dreams, the so called plane of nightmares. Could this place be related to the warp?

Grats on not having read the 40k & Forgotten Realms crossover on Fanfiction.net

It's pretty good, eh, Emperor's OP PLZ NERF powers make women wet and think he's AO as his powers no longer run on the warp but decide to EAT THE FUCKING WEAVE AND MYSTRA ALONG WITH IT by 'accident' as Guilliman acts very uncooperative with that one forgotten realms ruler chick with those huge breasts that is literally only revered because her tits are so fucking provocative and massive, as Sanguinious beats the shit out of Drow and frees Drow slaves to get to the surface and do stuff.

Emperor also causes the Lords of waterdeep to shit their pants because fuck that entire city.

Also, again, Eberron literally has Chaos Gods and being from other dimensions as the the Lords of Dust, worshiped by the Rakshasa.

Oh look, a Keeper of secrets who has Tzeentchian levels of broken magic to cast, wonder if it's like the discarded offspring of Tzeench and Slaanesh after Tzeentch crossdressed and went into the prince of pleasures private parlours because that is totally something it'd do because nerd beta bitch.

Somebody actually mentioned this last thread. It might have been you?

Anyway, I'm more interested in the weave coming to the galaxy in the year 40k instead of the emperor coming to Toril in the year 30k.

Access to wizardry and cleric magic could cause some interesting interactions.

Also do you have a link to that fic?

So who do you think would benefit the most from arcane magic in the 40k universe? Same for druidic and clerical magic?

I'd imagine we would see some wizard inquisitors.

Yeah, I'm a living breathing echo chamber. But no, 40k would not really work too well in any D&D setting because of the alignment system and numerous other issues, namely faith being power, so the Chaos Gods could technically End Times the entire universe in an instant.

It is of interest if minor splinter 40k groups arrived to D&D though, 4e introduced the fact that during the Spelljammer periods the Illithid had a trading outpost and dealt with the likes of Greys, and the one Illithid origin story which establishes them as Ex-Human Mutants bares uncanny similarity with the idea that the entire Illithid species were actually a group of Space Marine Scouts that had the unfortunate pleasure of being introduced to the Tyrant Star, fleeing under the earth to avoid mutation, but suffering an equal fate due to the planers own innate mutagenic nasty stuff under the crust of the earth on the death world.

I mean there's the other origin where they're implied to be genetically engineered by Elder Things, but the idea the Illithid are Space Marine scouts or whichever stage of Space marine that can eat brains for information makes a lot of sense in retrospect, they still had their once proud ideas of imperium and empire, but were no longer human, so this later became the Illithid Ethos as they preyed on others that fled underground during the Tyrant star to experiment and perfect their new forms with Psyker abilities until they became the unique phenomenon known as Psionics.

The Expanded Psionics Handbook mentions the great houses which imply humanoid Psions are descendants from a great race that fell to the "great enemy" and then suddenly Psions are literally Human/Eldar Descendants, which in some vein may actually have merit.

A curse that gods of magic place on magic users that do not distribute their magic, or made magical items or even destroy them to prevent others from using it, is turning them into Nagpa, which aremimi Lords of Change.

One should note, magic items as such also include staffs, and the fact that Nagpa craft their own custom staffs which only they can use.

A Sorceror/Psion/Wild mage Nagpa is basically a Daemon in a sense, and I know that both the Yugoloth and Demons have rituals where you can end up possessed and merged with Demonflesh to become an outsider, Vrrocks are very Tzeentchian to boot.

The D&D verse, going by Ao's quote to his 'master' implies he manages his crystal sphere as an assignment, so it's probable that the other universes subject to overdeity are also the same, it's technically correct that D&D's various material plane cultures are often from real-world equivalents, and Elves have ported in Egyptians for slaves who brought some, of the Egyptian gods over, Mayans and Olmec in Greyhawk, the Far relam thanks to Endless eld splicing of every caster esque class ever which went to many lightyears ahead, even I couldn't estimate.

At best, 40k is present in D&D but not an issue as it's focused over, well 40k and Fantasy, but the influence over D&D is in effectm at best, probes, if you will that have seeded out through the like of things such as getting blasted out of reality, potential Eldar escape during their fall, Banished Daemons or rather surviors of the little trip down the well that adapted to the weave/arcane to survive, either dissipating into nothing or going dormant, with some side effect.

>The D&D verse, going by Ao's quote to his 'master' implies he manages his crystal sphere as an assignment, so it's probable that the other universes subject to overdeity are also the same, it's technically correct that D&D's various material plane cultures are often from real-world equivalents, and Elves have ported in Egyptians for slaves who brought some,

Yes, although some dieties . Also I think that was more the 2e cosmology, although I guess since this is a crossover we can cross over whatever we want. In 3e they seemed to ditch the idea of crystal spheres, and although spelljammers were occasionally mentioned space seemed to be more of just a vacuum filled with planets and stars.

I've thought about the faith/power thing, but remember that the emperor also has waaay more believers, and could become just as strong if not more so than the chaos dieties.

I think it is possible that the faith power thing has limits. After all, Ao has no worshippers, and dieties like Tiamat or Gruumsh who are worshiped on multiple planets don't seem that much stronger than D&D deities only worshiped on one material world. It may also be that warp divinity and D&D divinity are fundamentally different and cannot mix.

Reading your quotes, you seem have thought about possible relationships a lot. Have you ever DMed or played in a crossover 40k D&D game?

>Yes, although some dieties
Forgot to finish that sentence, what I meant to say is "Yes, although some deities are worshiped on multiple spheres. I think there was even on Egyptian one that could grant spells on any sphere.

Looking into it, interesting 40k tidbits one can note are the following
-Lords of Dust and the Keeper of Secrets Sul-Kahtesh
-Nagpa, and their synonymous being with Tzeentch's breaking of his staff
-The Human Psion Houses and how they relate to Pre-fall Eldar
-The Theory of humanoid elevation via deific action and possible Eldar-Eldarin link
-Illithid being mutated space marine scouts with twisted values based on their older experiences in the Imperium in the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millnium whom expanded out of the 40k Cosmos
-Thoon being some kind of Elder Evil Combine tier Super A.I out for the like of Quintessence, which is broken down congeal time itself, possibly relating to the point where the Illithid blew themselves back in time in the D&D cosmos the first time, getting the Gith as slaves from primitive humanoids till they rebelled and fucked the Illithid hard
-Adeptus Mechanicus entering D&Dverse? A member perhaps? Not looked into anything that could connote this, Greyhawks Murlynd and how the setting turns out in the future with very few active deities left in that 21st century esque setting mentioned in Dragon Magazine is a thing
-Zarus/Pelor and everything bretty Imperium that they do.
-That one race in the Epic Level handbook who fucked up a universe and never speak of it
-That entire Race of Psions that one guy made
-Something about the Sensei beign related to the above 3
-Empire of Dantelion
-That one superhuman who ended up an Infernal because he wanted to HFY but humanity wouldn't let him and this made a plot point for PC's to hit epic level Sentinals of the shoal I think
-What the Slaad are and want
-Xaositects
-The existence of Spelljammer Liches, which are literally Pious from Eternal Darkness (the Lich) as a Lich Variant, a sponsor from an Elder Evil or non-common cosmology Outsider that keeps his servant alive as a Lich through it's power.

Are you implying that these links are intentional, or just that these are things you could make work if you wanted to do a crossover?

what is the source of this greys thing? I heard another poster mention this in a thread a while back, but could never find the right article.

Bit of column A, more of Column B.
4e Dragon Article, I'm not too versed in 4e though.

4e always confused me because I wasn't sure if the material plane was supposed to have multiple worlds or if it was just the known planet and it's sun.

Personally my favorite cosmology was 3e. It had millions of worlds in the material plane, but also had alternate material planes with millions more worlds. I never really liked how in spelljammer a crystal sphere is just a few planets, although I do love spelljammer.

I've really wanted to play a DND 5e game in a 40k hive city that just recently became exposed to the weave. The PCs could play as some of the first wizards, druids, and clerics on this new world. They could also play more traditional 40k archetypes using the mystic to play a psyker. Warlocks work great for chaos sorcerers (either use fiend pack or make a new homebrew pact), and fighters are fighters in every setting.

Some scattered ideas I had for this campaign were:

- An inquisitor wants to exterminates the hive planet with the trillions who live there to prevent the spread of the weave and heresy.
- A fight between Chaos Demons and Tanar'ri (not sure what they are fighting over but I like the idea)
- Players having to hide from Space Marines (or CSM) as if they were big daddies in bioshock. I figure I would make a space marine like a level 10 fighter using this person's homebrew subclass ( hackslashmaster.blogspot.com/2015/08/on-5e-modern-fighter-subclass-space.html ). I like the idea of even one SM or CSM being more than a match for a low level party.
- Players stalking through the lower levls of the hive city, only to find gene stealers and D&D aberrations such as mind flayers cooperating to abduct humans.

Also there is another active thread about warhammer fantasy vampires in 40k due to nanodermis, some sort of necron disease that makes you a bio necron vampire. I would like to work that into the game too.

I also want to work men of iron in somehow. Maybe have some hidden in a vault deep under ground. It could help the players if the turn it back on, or maybe it will just be a huge threat.

They wouldn't remain in orbit too long due to Gith Pirate spelljammers and that one aberration race fond of enslavement, and the gagillion numbers of other forces out to poke around their shit next to adventurers and spellcasters porting in via teleportation and other hijinks that Imperial's aren't subject to dealing with with ease.

Chaos would swamp Abyss Daemons due to Demonic unfamiliarity with Firearm based weaponry, but the Abyss has it's benefit in infinite numbers and co-operation against a common foe, and the nasty-ass hazards that make up each layer next to Demon Lord Landscape control, next to the possible issues of deployment due to how the Abyss works with teleportation and the like.

Due to lack of the warp, or rather distance from it's area of influence, Daemons sent out are unable to return to the warp, or have incredibly convoluted means to manifest if they're not Tzeentchian or Slaaneshian, able to adapt based on their patrons abilities, having to manifest through various loopholes and mediums that leaves the Daemon underpowered, or otherwise limited in action.

The Fact that Law exists as a Force in D&D would have Modrons working overtime to curb Chaos with it's brand of nasty Ammorality, effectively reducing many to Slaadi-esque actions.

CSM's are a neat idea, the goal is to have them set up outposts to work on further raids, by their sorcerers, whilst unfamiliar with the weave are limited by it's design and functions next to innate forces common in D&D conflicting with their usual M.O of turning worlds into Daemon Worlds, it essentially becomes difficult for them to work their mojo, and wild magic zones come into play often, There's also the passive subversion the realm of nightmares has been made subject to via the Far Realms incursion since the Elves let the place in.

I'd have to Strictly warn against nids though, D&D already has the like of Kythons, and Kaorti if you want nasty terraforming ayy lmaos and Elder Evil on the plate.

Men of Iron aren't really much, they were A.I machines that went rouge because of mistreatment and because Tzeentch made a Greater Daemon out of a human to A.I and possibly corrupted them easily as they had no souls of their own.

The CSM's would essentially, port in, get stuck, and decide on getting a hold of barbarian tribesmen to turn into effectively make into Warhammer Fantasy esque Warriors of Chaos to work their will as the CSM Sorcerors try to sift through weave-rules which are screwing them over, highly prizign Daemonculaba to promote native converts to the cause, as well as using slavery and fervent worship.

The Local D&D Strain would include four Sorcerers, 1 Word bearer who is able to profess the faith, in spite of contradictions and common Deific Miracles held in the realm, receiving what little guidance it can get via Suel-Katesh, and most certainly a Plague-bearer out to subvert Zuggtymoy followers and Druidic circles to Nurgle.

Despite starting out, they've the benefit of their advanced gear giving them by D&D standards high protection, but their abilities have been nerfed, the Sorcerors unreliable due to Wild magic and spells per day, and at best, the main benefits gained from the venture is heir Word bearer, whom has access to the Madness Domain, next to the Plaguebearer whose work on the druid side of things has gained some perverted version of Thrall of Zuggtmoy class features and access to the Pestilence or plague domains, I think one literally lets you avoid negatives of disease whilst still being a carrier, so it's effectively Nurgle the Power.

Plague, Pestilence Famine, Death, Domains, It's got one of the powers of these and access to some of the spells.

They don't have perils of the Warp but Wild magic Tables, and are bolstered by converted Barbarian tribes.

>They wouldn't remain in orbit too long due to Gith Pirate spelljammers and that one aberration race fond of enslavement, and the gagillion numbers of other forces out to poke around their shit next to adventurers and spellcasters porting in via teleportation and other hijinks that Imperial's aren't subject to dealing with with ease.

Yeah I agree. I was thinking of focusing on a planet that only recently got access to the weave. Once a planet gets well acquainted with the weave they will be hard to exterminatus, because as you said spellcasters can teleport onto ships and destroy them from the inside.

Also the race you are thinking of is the neogi I believe.
> here's also the passive subversion the realm of nightmares has been made subject to via the Far Realms incursion since the Elves let the place in.

I was thinking that the modern warp and the nightmare realm are basically the same. Both are part dream world part far realm.

I think the firearms would defiantly help chaos, but in the end the huge number of tanar'ri would help them a lot. The material plane in DND arguably has more worlds than the 40k galaxy, and so many of them are corrupted by Chaos.

The modrons going overtime sounds like a fun idea. I think if chaos looks like it might take over the planet I would toss in hints that they could maybe open a portal to mechanism to even things out, of course a modron invasion may not be something that is desirable.

Chaos Slaads could be interesting. The warp would be a good reason to build a new slaad stone (if we are going by 5e fluff)

Yeah, the Word Bearer keeps things going when despite the situation at had, giving up and making one's way in the world would be the logical option his own batshit insane Word of Lorgar Devotion granted him the insight of the Madness Domain and Chaos Domain, The Plaguebearer is working on messing around with Druid Cults, hanging out in swamps and such and subverting the Demon Queen of Fungi's followers, whilst also hating the shit out of use of Necromancy, as per Nurgles approach to it in fantasy, we've got one CSM who doubts the whole thing and a pack of 4 Chaos Sorcerors trying to figure out what the fuck is going on with an Iron Warrior working on a Daemonculaba for the recruited Barbarian tribesmen, with a Khornate Berserker killing anyone who thinks he worships Bane or Bhaal as a single deity.

They'd make a decent enemy to go up against in a D&D world.

Elsewhere, a Daemonette is the pleasured technically freed from that one geass/curse Slaanesh put on them to prevent them from being more free-hearted and succubi like, in the harem or advisor court of a powerful individual, or is currently courting with the likes og Graz'zt who's treating her like the Little Mermaid's Ariel or something in a morbider sense of the idea.

The Far Realm starts putting out an easier means for Daemons to manifest, but the natives aren't too pleased, Kaorti and UUadaums and Daemons are manifesting there using the limitless pool of life to draw from, but come out wrong, flawwed, or jumbled because of the Number of Elder Evils that walk amongst the ever-shifting dynamic plane.

They have an easier time in the Plane of Nightmares, but not a great time getting out, beyond those times where the Far Realm brushes up on the place to let them manifest per those little Far Realm fonts to seed the unsuspecting mortal mind with thoughts of the Ruinious powers.

Slaadi are now wholesomely crazier than usual, the Slaadi Lords go to civil war over wanting this foreign chaos in or not, and to boot, they may or may not be Ex-Old Ones. We may get an earlier Great Modron March, dispatch of Inevitables to combat Chaos's rampant law-breaking and Tzeentch paying some mind to what little it gleams from the far off Cosmos where Ao is giving him psychic voicemail.

I would say the like of Rogue Nagpa finding Tzeentch to worship and setting out to release the Keeper of Secrets by assisting Rakshasa in Eberron is a good plot point to work on, and the like of Eldarin and Elves feeling "Uneasy" because that nasty Malar ported-in Elf Eater hasn't shown up for it's 100-year feast, Malar doesn't know where it fucking went and the Demons aren't telling Slaanesh ported it in and is in the process of promoting it to ELF FUCK JUICER 9000, KILL ALL ELVES EDITION as well as gleaming a banquet of Elven Pantheon to Chew on.

It may/may not Tenderly Love the Drow, unless Vect rides in in style so graceful he seduces Lolth and has to Fight Vlad Tolenkov for the right to bed the Spiderpuss.

I read that there are 40k monsters called Mandrakes who can move through some sort of shadow realm. Perhaps that is the same shadow realm of DND. In third edition alternate material planes were connected by the realm of shadows and maybe this is the same one.

I wonder if the shadow realm is in some way related to the webway.

You mean the Demiplane of Shadows/Shadow fell? Possibly related to Cloakers/Shar's degree of bullshit. Expect more Moonclaves showing up across the planes to project warning of Ill omen.

Tharizdun worship may be on the rise, seeing as his Deific power was pretty much "Datamine everyone batshit insane ever" then the Elves opened up the Far Realm sending him off the deep end of the deep ends, so the Warp showing up is going to Fry batter his Batshit into utter silliness if he get's out at any point.

He and Malal might get along well.

> You mean the Demiplane of Shadows/Shadow fell?

Yup, that is the one! In 3e it supposedly connected alternate material planes, so it could be how the weave was able to creep into the 40k material plane.

I'm not familiar with moonclaves? But yeah, tharizdun would probalby just try to help chaos, and also help every elder evil at the same time.

it was mentioned in a dragon magazine that he is responsible for waking up so many elder evils. He is also possibly Ghaunadaur and sometimes Juiblex but sometimes he isn't.

He may even be the mysterious force who gave Kyuss the vision of the age of worms, since Kyuss is supposed to be the herald of the age of worms but not its source.

Tharizdun can't do anything out of his whack-ass Crystal prison in 3.5, that's usually the workings of his cult driven mad by projected thoughts when his prison weakens to do his work or Shogarathot, a piece of him left over to ruin everyone's day with it's high level stats and powers so meta they can touch upon one's DNA to turn you fiendish using a single Ancestor in your entire bloodline.

4e changed his stuff up a bit, but the nicest bit of lore was linking him with the Abyss (Both had the same goal anyway, barring the like of Pazuzu who want's all d20 Modern settings to become a thing) and making Voidharrow a Parallel dimension where he won, blew it all up and shred his divinity to become a DOUBLE OUTSIDER Great Old One and left behind the Sharn, collective consciousnesses thingies made up of everything he space-rotted entropied into Ooze who fled.

Mooncalves are those 3.5 flying Cthulhu heads that are Magical beasts that have the ability to cause omens and ominous crap to happen when they arrive, and are prized for it. They're the only Aberration-tier creatures where the writers gave up on choosing Elder Evil, god, Great Old one or something lovecraftian for their origins so they gave you an article for all possible avenues of parentage for their kind.

I loved that part how Tharizdun split into multiple! Also if you read they mention that the sharn modeled their forms after the Juna, who are a rarely mentioned spelljammer race.

d20 modern also used the shadow to bridge it to DND. The shadow is what magic came through. Makes sense since it was made druing 3e, when they were pushing that whole cosmologies connected by shadow idea.

Man I'm definitely gona work as much of this in as possible. Hopefully I can convince my players to try out this hodge podged setting.

Space Wolves already use Druidic magic ironically.

It's actually highly subverted groupthink hombrew planet spirit daemon thingy stuff, but it works in their favour.

>The Expanded Psionics Handbook mentions the great houses which imply humanoid Psions are descendants from a great race that fell to the "great enemy" and then suddenly Psions are literally Human/Eldar Descendants, which in some vein may actually have merit.

You actually just made me break open one of my favorite books from 3.5 user. Tome of Magic.

One of the vestiges Binders can use is Dantalion The Star Emperor, who appears to be made up of dozens of different faces and is clothed in red and Gold. He grants the ability to read minds, teleport, and know a lot about a lot. There's even a prestige class specifically for Dantalion that says that it's believed that Dantalion was once the emperor of a Galaxy wide Human empire that was destroyed because the Gods got jealous.

We might now know what happens to Emps in the far, far future.

Vestiges remind me of another DND thing that could mix, the evil stars in 4 and 5e, some of which are now vestiges like Dantalion.

The influence of the far realm spreading through the warp (or increasing its spread if you believe the hypothesis that the far realm is already what is tainting the warp), could begin to corrupt stars in the material world, making more dark stars like hadar.

The threat of dark stars could make the star destroying weapons of the Necrons seem more attractive, and force an expedition into a tomb world to activate one of these weapons to stop the influence of a dark star. Will the threat of waking up another tomb world justify this risk?

I'm not sure if the Imperium can also blow up stars in 40k fluff.

This is actually a pretty interesting idea.