Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/ thread

Grognard edition

>FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

FIRST FOR THE OMNISSIAH

What armies are you all running for Fate of Konor, and what do your lists look like?

>the beginning of the age of manlets in power armour squating

> Stormravens OP
> Better buff them

Claimed for the Alpha Legion

Reminder that tourney WAAC fags can only spam and play lists, and are a cancer on the hobby.

Also new codex $50? Comon "New GW"

Remember when the lore was Grim and Dark?

Free daemon names for everrrrybody!!

they actually reprinted the 3e planet descriptions in the new book

Aquila Strongpoint
Two Basilisk
Manticore
ASSORTED GUARD FILLER

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS!.

New Catachan models when?!

Actual reminder that narrative play babies ruined the game for two straight editions by having low standards for rulesets, not caring about balance, and buying literally everything GW sold regardless of how bad it looked or how much it fucked the game because they have to keep adding to those dusty shelves.

This makes me smile. I hope you smash the shit out of some people mate.

No. Civilised worlds are missing

Hive, Feral and Feudal are not Civilised worlds.

Ive had the impression that 40k is like comics, you buy regardless and just wait for it to get good.

>that conflicted feeling when you like this army but its color choices are so different from the established one

Raven Guard Chapter Tactics actually might be pretty fitting for Carcharodons as well.

That's the spirit!

>geognard edition
Started in 1990 age 10, worked for GW from 16-20. I come here because trying to explain things to the kids on this board is like dealing with the 13year old shit heads that used to bug me at GW after school or during mega battles. It was truly the best and worst of times...

Don't know, but the Straken novel has me wanting them sooner rather than later.

user. People are waacfagging with SoB now, not just Celestine.

Also who the fuck thought big center piece models is a good idea. They are nightmare to transport.

you are right

>take AoS bloodreavers
>shave off the chaoshit, add aquilas
>replace one blade with a gun or shield
>place on 40mm base
Bam, ogryns.

Mfw it actually lost the raddest special ability I've ever read from 7th

So I finally got some more Scions in the mail. How does this list look for an 1850 limit. Just a general list.

PRICES ARE LEAAAKED

PRIMARIS MARINES $60 USD A BOX FOR 10

AGGRESSORS $50 FOR 3

REDEMPTOR IS ONLY $65, WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU EVER BUY REIVERS

but the ogryn models are awesome, and like twice the size of the bloodreavers

Holy shit it's almost ready to play?!

>1850
>might be 7th list
>8th
Why?

You Americans have it too easy. Do you know that now, since GW started copyrighting every single thing in their books, they're now unreadable? Everything is in your language, fragmented every 3 words by a random name in English. Reading them is now a pain in the ass

>blast
I miss those things

Bloodshitters are also $15 for 4 since GW wants desperately for people to play their abortion of a game. It makes for a poverty ogryn. Or chaos ogryn if you're that degenerate.

Best loadout for a Sternguard Veteran Squad?
I don't feel to swap the special bolter for combis

I do too user, I do too... ;_;

My Friends and I tend to play 1850pts. Its just the way it has worked out.

Learn to read American, blyat.

Im surprised how cheap the new dread is, its like almost twice the size of a normal boxnought and its only like $15 more.

Gonna buy a Ghostkeel maybe soon, adding on.
Give GW those weeb bux so they'll let me buy a 60 CAD codex

Are there any books that take place during the Drop Site Massacre?

>american
You mean English.

The official language of the USA is Spanish, last time I was there everyone spoke spanish.

Yeah, I exclusively read them in English now, still feels sad desu

All combi melta tho is best loadout :(

The bait is strong in this one.

Not for long.

Last time reposting for today. Looking for feedback and insults about my 1000 pt Tzeentch R&H list, any advice is appreciated! See photo for the list.

To be fair I got a Knight for $100 just because I spoke English.

Savlar Chem dogs first you fucker

Hey all,

I haven't played 40k regularly since 3rd edition - I am building an IG army and don't know what weapons and equipment are still viable in this edition.

Can anyone give a basic run-down of what special/heavy weapons and equipment are generally good to have for guardsmen/scions/ogryns/Heavy weapons teams?

I will eventually get extra models with all the extra weapons and equipment so that I can field anything, but right now I don't have that option.

It doesn't sound any better in English. GW copyrighting everything makes every piece of fluff sound like a fucking catalogue.

Yeah but who pays full retail in a world of online retailers 15-20% off

We might have to wait another decade for anything new.

No that was south America. You're as bad as our own Southerners with geography.

Autocannons and Lascannons
Plasmaguns

I think the box of reivers has quite a lot of them right?
That, and Americans get fucked on prices. Like everyone who isn't in the UK really.

>take chaos spawn
>clip bits off
>put one bit per base
Bam, horrors
my friend actually did this

Not now either, you rednecks can already barely read let alone speak without it sounding like your mother and grandmother were the same person.

Heavy flamers in tanks for overwatch. Lascannons are king. Cheap troops are great don't bother with chimeras. Baneblade and the special character version of a base character is always worth the points.

Tally ho foxhunter

My plan with them is to use the GSC kits with some Victoria heads and rebreather backpacks. Should work like a charm.

Hey, it wasn't a problem until 3rd party shit started playing fast and loose with naming their products.

>waiting for people to fiddle with their dudes for maximum distance to avoid damage from templates
I don't.

Wow, I thought I was a grog because I started playing at age 10 in '99... you're a true grog.

Do you feel that the WAAC attitude has poisoned the game in recent years? Maybe it was because the guys at the FLGS were nice to a 10 year old boy and took it easy on me, but I feel like fun and a laidback approach to the game were more common pre-2004. Nowadays it feels like people are so obsessed with winning and fielding these bullshit min-maxed armies that the environment of a FLGS has changed.

Is it rose-tinted goggles or am I on to something?

>Chile has things cheaper than the UK
God bless retarded tax and currency exchange.

What's wrong with chimeras?

I don't see any bait in truth

It's okay, Anonymous. GW may not live you because you chose to play an army other than Space Marines, but I still love you.

You gonna file off the claws?

>Failure of an adult, barely a man, can't afford a measly £22
>Haha rich and succesfull people are degenerate haha checkm89gagreddit

So whats going to happen when the golden throne fails?

Yes Horus heresy extermination, fulgrim touches on the massacre IIRC, quite a few on the aftermath of it

>flamers
>overwatch
>charged from 8"+C flamer no longer works
Are you sure about that?

CYKA CYKA CYKA BLYAT

No way Chile's paying less for GW than UK, last I checked they were paying just as much as Canada. What changed?

Do you want the old gw or nu gw version?

>temporarily out of stock, so can't even buy them
Wow.
Also
>not being a modeler and converting your things

>tfw chapter house killed off every Dark Eldar character
But at least we got shitty cheap heresy bits before we realised recasts were a thing

>You mean English.

No! Speak in American! It's the only language I understand!

Not the user you're talking to but I make 80k usd and gw pricing makes me fucking cringe. They've priced out a significant portion of their player base and have virtually no new player recruitment going on because of the absurd buy in cost.

Don't worry, your codex is coming soon, think of it as an Xmas present from GW. This also means that vortex missiles don't run out, you can just spam them every turn.

Not every unit that might consider assaulting a tank has the means to reliably charge from over 8", and even if they can indeed make that charge, the presence of the flamers can force more disadvantageous distances.

>he doesn't know
Exchange rate and how our "franchise like GW store works" we end having things cheaper than the UK. Not by much mind you.

80% of GW's own website is OOS.
Everything's getting repacked

Means you can't take 20 man squads
No and I'm also running them as cultists to use mining gear

Is it me or is it harder to find 20-25% off now, it seems like GW's new policy to limit retailers to 15% off has affected the web guys too.

>American
Oh, hablas español. ¿Por que no lo dijiste antes?

>Being a failure and hiding behind "muh model skill" to buy a cheap alternative and model for advantage

Can you get any lower ?
That's lower than James Cameron went in 2011

>No that was south America

You mean Texas?

yaaaay
Seriously though, fuck chapterhouse.

(He hasn't heard of brexit demolishing the value of the pound)

Not that user but I make 30k usd and It's literraly one of the cheapest hobby.

Oh man, that reference! Lol I'd almost forgotten the time James Cameron fucked your mom.

You can't anyway? Did you not read hes starting Guard and just inserted GSC because you could?

The think is 7" is not hard to do.
Since melee is within 1" you just need to roll an 8 to make that 9 charge.

With how easy it is to get re-roll flamers on overwatch are hardly worth it for the price.

> Using mining weapons
but why though?

Speaking of Overwatch shenanigans
Tau will probably get a nice and nasty Overwatch rule for a . Maybe something simple like hit on 5+ or something more complex like Overwatch range manipulation letting them maybe Overwatch stuff with flamers if a charge passes within 8'' of the flamers even if they started over 8'' away.
That might be fun, setting up a hallway of flamers, I want to burn everything.

The bigger issue is simply that it's so much easier to learn what's broken and copy a list to play.
Tournaments lauding their top rankers with lists that are god awful or youtube videos with said tourney fags effectively masturbating to their broken lists do the community at large 0 good.
This was especially bad in 6th and more so in 7th edition. Thankfully it seems like 8th is less awful in this case, but the tourney fags are already spamming fliers and other shit.

>he's too creatively bankrupt to model by himself
Sure thing kid, I bet you don't even use forge world.