What gods do you worship, Veeky Forums?

What gods do you worship, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QGErt4CfLD0
youtube.com/watch?v=vUEN1ZuDSMg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's only one, heathen.

I worship the Almighty Glourie of The Amazing Dildoni, for His Almighty Glourie provides fertility and pleasure for all.

The one on the throne.

Exactly! Forsake your false idols and worship Lady Luck, may her smile be upon my dice and cards, and her fickle mood upon my enemies and GM's dice.

I don't, but it's no skin off my donkey if you choose to.

I worship the Horizon, the moment of discovery and mystery in one, where man first looked out into the edge of the world and wondered at what more could come of it. I worship the eldest of the gods, the keeper of the unknown and watcher of the unknowable, who presides over dream and fantasy and mystery alike. I worship the god who sits at the end of the world in the bough of a twisted tree, and knows.

[spoilers] For all of my complaints with Theros, Kruphix was never one of them. [/spoiler]

None, it only encourages them.

Nicol Bolas, my nigga

Only the messiah.

You said her name idiot.

I only worship the god of logic and reason.

I cant worship her. She will maze me.

the 100 gods and goddesses I designed, lorded over by the High Council of Goddesses- The Companion, The Teacher, The Guide, The Sponsor and The Muse.

>Current year
>Not worshiping based YISUN
>Not reaching Heaven through violence

I'm Episcopalian.

Not really into the gaudy gold paint Catholic aesthetic, idols, or ghoulish relics. But I don't like the Protestant smugness, autistic literalism, and obsession with memorizing Bible passages they don't have the historical context to even understand, either.

(I've got to say that the gay thing bugs me. I don't want to it stressed over other sins like the Westboro Baptist church, but it feels wrong to celebrate it, too. I may jump over to Orthodox Christianity at some point.)

My 2nd and 3rd favorite religions are Zoroastrianism and Sikhism. I feel like they're on the right track. I respect some of the Shia Islam spinoff sects, too.

I can't tell if you're asking what gods are present in my setting or which gods I actually worship.

In regards to the latter, I worship only the Lord Almighty, but I do acknowledge the existence of other spiritual beings of great power that some might term "gods" and mistakenly worship.

In regards to the former, I've set it up pretty much the same way. There's the monotheistic God, then there's powerful Archfey, Demons, and Dragons, along with immensely powerful human "god-kings," notably one not!Aztec who keeps an entire pantheon of demons "tamed" and restrained by empowering himself with human sacrifice.

None, my man.

Paganism is best religion.

It's about tradition, accepting our place in the natural world, and family. The Gods and Goddesses are more idealized versions of our ancestors and natural life-giving forces like the Sun than literal "ODIN IS WATCHING YOU."

There's no obnoxious dogma - we're fine admitting that we don't know everything.

What specifically do you mean by idols, in terms of Catholicism.

Love of SELF is the true worship of the God called I

I'm , and I kind of feel your pain. I'm allegedly Southern Baptist, and am fortunate enough to have a church that really bucks the general anti-intellectual trend among the denomination, but I've got so much beef with so many denominations for completely different reasons that I'm basically non-denominational.

I really don't like the general absence of reverence common to "low church" denominations like Baptists and Methodists, but Catholicism is so theologically divergent from what I believe that I can't really turn there, and the "high church" denominations like the Episcopalians and Lutherans seem to be swaying with the political winds. Theology aside, I really don't want to be part of a church that doesn't have the guts to stick to its doctrine.

Not the guy you're responding to, but God directly ordered us not to make an image of anything in Heaven. There's no "yeah, but..." here.

Vaguely defined higher powers. I think there's something behind it all, but I'm uncomfortable with trying to pin it down beyond that. But that doesn't stop me from sending out the occasional prayer and hoping that something cares. Maybe that's why I like settings with gods that are very tangible and have an active influence in the world, I yearn for something less uncertain that I can feel confident with putting my trust in.

Not "The Man", though. And not worship, but act.

There is no God and her name is Eris. fnord

HAIL ERIS!

ALL HAIL DISCORDIA!

fnord

That would be deism, which IMHO is a much more logical "non-religious" position than atheism. For whatever it's worth, I'll put in a request for a bit of heavenly assistance in your search for truth.

The one true Catholic and Apostolic Church which many call Eastern Orthodox.
BTW John is holding his own severed head in this icon.

I agree with you for the most part. I find that harder we look for God or gods the less the seem to be there

Borean, God of the North Wind.

If I become Orthodox
>Can I marry a qt Egyptian Coptic girl?
>Am I allowed to go to midnight Christmas mass on the 25th at my old church even though you guys celebrate Christmas in January? I just want to sit in the back and listen to favorites like Silent Night.

The problem is that pagans are a bunch of pseudomystical faggots whose pseudointellectual wives all cheat on them.

Love that pic, user.

God the Father, His son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, as the distinct and separate personages who are one in purpose under the Father's will. None of this trinity bullshit.

I worship no god but myself, and if there is a god, I'll be glad to punch him in the mouth after I die.

gods, how quaint

Dude, is there and Arian Church somewhere that you go to?

Because that would be awesome if there were.

>an intellectual
>smoking the toasted Jew
Nice joke.

You know rejetting religion in and of itself does not make you intelligent. There are plenty of mouth breathing retards who are atheists and what not. I tend to find that anyone who's immediate response to a religious discussion is to stick their nose in the air and declare they're too intelligent for it tend to be compensating for some difficiency of intellect or character by doing what the media/society tells them is "smart".

the old gods!
and by that I mean I'll leave something good up on one of the tors once a month and hope the Wights'll look out for me.

In real life, Catholic, though I've spent most of my adolescent and adult life explaining/defending that because of growing up in Augusta GA and then going to a liberal arts university. Constant questions and atheistic smugness has forced me to better know theology and church dogma.

In game, it varies with the settings but the most recent for the last few characters has been Lyris, a victory goddess like the Greek Nike, Boccob, specifically as his Scholar and Librarian personas, and an agnostic with fairly vague nature veneration.

It's one of the key points in the doctrine of my church that God the Father and the Son are distinct from one another yes, but I wouldn't neccisarily call us Arian no.

I do not worship gods because I do not want a higher power controlling my life, I want to control it myself.

I serve no god, but follow the teachings of the great ones

youtube.com/watch?v=QGErt4CfLD0

And you never listen to your parents and fuck the gubbmint right?

>Pagan
At least differentiate between Hellenism, Forn Sidr and so on.

>What gods do you worship, Veeky Forums?

Saint Jude (Judas Thaddeus) The Apostle: biological mortal brother of Jesus of Nazareth and patron saint of failure, lost causes, and desperate situations.
I have never been a deeply religious person and spent most of my youth being an edgy atheist, but as I got older and things became bleaker as realism and maturity set in I still saw no solace or comfort in unsympathetic deities or saints who were seemingly perfect and had a solution to everything, blah blah, etc.. But Jude I sympathize with- Jude I can respect.

Jude knows what the fuck is up.

Peace be with you, brother.

No matter how much you struggle against it, you will always be a slave to causality.

Government is a good system that keeps everything within check and working properly depending on the government and who's running it and I would listen to my parents more if they spent less time breathing down my neck and telling exactly what I should do when I'm old enough to live independently, and don't even live with them anymore.

I feel like there's enough common themes that we're part of a broader family, whether we're into the Norse gods, Olympians, Tengri, the Indo-Aryan gods, Orisha, etc.

JW or LDS?

My problem is when you put a name and consciousness behind it. I understand that life is full of things I can't change or work against, but life and entropy doesn't have thoughts, goals, or agendas, unlike gods.

I'm of two minds for god worship.

On one hand I feel like I am far too sinful and doubtful too be a worthy worshiper too any god.

On the other hand I have doubts that gods truly care about mortals and if I worship one I'll wind up in trouble.

Either way I love theology and usually play clerics, paladins, and priests in a load of games I play and find cults and churches to be very, very cool.

I also have quiet fantasies of founding a theology in an apocalypse, like worshipping the founding fathers or some shit. It's self serving and silly but it's something I like to do.

My patron goddess is Nahid, though I pay basic respects to the Celtic pantheon since I'm an Irish ca/tg/irl.

She's the Iranian goddess of water(I'm good at swimming and interested in sea life), war(I was in the army for awhile), and fertility(I want a little girl of my own someday) so it's logical to follow a deity so multifaceted.

LDS.

Gets it
Esoteric Kekism all the way.

Shadilay, brother.

If you're a Nasibi, then GTFO

Real Question, do you penalize your characters for not choosing a god? Not that the character doesn't believe in gods but just that he hasn't ever worshiped a god or doesn't feel like he owes the gods anything.

>Shia Islam spinoff sects
Ismailis are pretty cool

I ain't no Khawarij, brother. Chill.

Crom...

I'm pretty open to most things.

I'm big into Buddhism and Asatru strangely enough. They both have some minor similarities that I find interesting.

Also I have had a crush on Athena since we did Greek gods/goddesses in like 4th grade. Even if she is a jealous bitch a lot. (Most old school pantheons tend to have those faults among others).

Non-denominational Christian.
There aren't many of us in the Bible Belt.
What does it mean if I believe in God and the Son, but also believe that God causes no interference in our lives?
People always thank God that they have money or survived a car crash, but I've always chalked that up to luck. I honestly think that after Jesus' ascension he went full deism mode and just watches us.
Am I just a pessimist?

I don't know. I'm an American, raised Catholic but without a religious family. Was atheist for a while but I don't buy it now. After a few personal experiences I believe there is some sort of divine presence but I do not know its nature.

I've read the Upanishads, the Sutta Pitakas, the Koran and Bible, Norse sagas and Celtic myths. I read a lot about where religions come from, their history and origins. I have no idea what to believe. At this point I think there are one or many divinities who are aspects of the whole, and have been translated differently by people around the world. God or the Godhead or whatever you call it is probably unknowable.

....so I'm "spiritual but not religious"

End the simulation.

"Man this shit sounds crazy. But what does this 'demiurge' guy look like?"
"A fat worm with a lions head".

Alluminas, Solkan, Arianka, and the fourth.

Born into Orthodox Christianity, had an atheism run in high school, now agnostic (the only true religious view, we just don't know) with thinking of going back to orthodoxy. The church and the priests are total shit though, but the history's rich with great religious thinkers and philosophers.

You can solo spirituality with orthodox christianity reading up texts and books, it's much more like buddhism (acceptance, tolerance, toil) than regular spanish inquisition/fire and brimstone christianity.
Almost every one of my characters became a cleric as of late, might be spiritual hunger.

>Pikachu's picture of Arceus
Oh man that's good.

Begin the simulation.

So your position on the nature of the divine is the same as mankind's postion on birds

>Abrahamic religions

Absolute pleb tier. Honestly, there are so many Gods and Godesses worshipped, that if you want to be religious (likely for mental security), then I recommend you go on a journey and explore hundreds of them, and see which one makes the most sense to you and your worldview.

Christianity is a dark age religion and hasn't held up well at all to the modernization of society. A lot of it is clearly just greedy humans not wanting to give up power, so they change whatever they see fit within the religion to suit the masses.

That kind weak religion doesn't attract intelligent people.

The only thing worth worshiping.

>worshiping a manlet star

what did he mean by this?

that's some vivec shit right there

which kirkbride basically lifted from Thelema anyways

Should I have posted VY Canis Majoris or UY Scuti? Fucking size queen.

>MAXIMUM OVERTIPPING
Also, You do realized christianity in particular SHAPED modern society, right?

>You do realized christianity in particular SHAPED modern society, right?

Nope, it didn't. Fuck off back to /pol/ with your white supremacist revisionist history.

Brawl in the Family was golden

You're the historical revisionist here my man.

yeah and that's ok

I can't say I blame you. I'm in the same camp, albeit with "Orthodox" replaced with "Catholic"

all y'all albinos iz rong as shiet

youtube.com/watch?v=vUEN1ZuDSMg

I'm a Gnostic Christian. I believe that Satan (the Adversary) was put in charge of earth & humans after we fucked up in Eden. That's why he was able to offer the world to Jesus when he was tested in the desert, & why the world is uncaring. I believe that the only way to free ourselves from this shitty world/bubble/whatever you want to call it, is to follow Jesus. He was sent here to guide us back into gods light.

I also believe the Bible is a guide book & was written with outdated rules, that was originally there to help humans but it got mired in dogma. Like where it says don't eat pork, it's unclean. I feel like this is more of a warning against pork based parasites than God saying pigs aren't spiritually clean.

I don't go to any churches because I haven't found a subset of Christianity that has the same views as I do.

>worshiping old, soon to be dead stars

I have a similar view on the bible. It's not meant to be taken literally, it's supposed to be kenels of truths and valuable lessions wrapped in pleasing stories so people remember them better and they spread easier. Like the pork thing, reason bible says you don't eat that shit, is cause if it's not cooked right it'll fuck you up a treat. Same thing with shellfish.

>common sense christianity

hard to do in this world filled with fucking dogmatic retards, you could never get a church started without being branded a heretic

also funfact: most prominent pig-based parasyte that also targets humans is incredibly alcohol sensitive, you can pretty much gulp down on fucky swine if you wash it down with beer or something stronger.
Banning alcohol also has to ban pigs, and coincidentally is why Europeans eat pigs and drink a lot, even allowed by religion.

The best one goyim.

tfw I'm unironically a Jew but no one on /pol/ knows because my IP isn't from Israel

How warranted are their fears of evil Jewish overlords?

I Am.

You can't doge the oven forever, Shlomo.

Congratulations, she has now abandoned you.

God isn't an entity that can be described. God is merely the totality of existence. Everything from the physical laws to dice rolls that determine what happened/happens/is happening/will happen. At the core of it is the fact that god is simply the fact that you and I can talk about god.

I address prayers to statues I see in my everyday life. At university I had a ritual for when I need luck. I would go up to the bobcat (our mascot) Brofist it then hug it. Look deep into it's eyes and contemplate what I wanted. Leave an offering in it's mouth when I was done praying. Left everything from pencils to beer. When I found what I was looking for I would hug it's paw and slap it's ass and walk away making sure never to look back at it until i rounded a corner or entered a building.

>claims that God can't be described
>proceeds to describe God anyway
Every time