Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/ thread

"Why the hell aren't Adeptus Arbites an army" edition.

>FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No bullying of Eldar by ig players below this point

1st for the omnissiah

A few years ago I bought about 100 arbites models + 20 cyber hounds off eBay, could I field them as a proxy sisters of battle army?

>why isn't a police force that has at best 10 guys on a planet for a whole system and only if it's important a whole army capable of fighting in a galactic theater of war?
Why aren't the Interex in 30k?

Because "marines are popular" and we need 12+ books for basically different colours of marines.

>mfw i cant decide which army to play

Because Horus genocided them

>1st for the omnissiah
>2nd post

Time to repent

What is this /2000ADg/ ???

Also Black Templars represent

What are your strong contenders? Well give you the pros and cons of them.

Then either pressure you into or make fun of your choice.

>have more bodies and equipment than marines or the tau empire
>no codex

Pick 3 you like the most
Post them

100 Crusaders
20 Arco-fags

Or like 10 warbands of Inquisition nothing but acolytes with storm shields and power mauls

Fuck eldar and fuck you. If you don't play IG than you're legit a fag.

Alpha legion

Been redoing the T'au page: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Just finished the new cost-calculations, trying to be thorough with the command and crisis suit setups, as well as taking into account things like markerlights which are essential to the army's functioning. Now I just need to come up with a bajillion suit loadouts to stat out cost-calculations for.

Not him but help appreciated. I plan on doing a Primaris only army and can't decide between
>Imperial Fists
>Space Sharks
>Iron Hands
>Dark Angels
>Black Templars
Seeing as the last two will lack chapter only troops for the foreseeable future they are kinda harder choices

>touching men
>not gay
At least play nids, SoB or Orks if you want to claim the non fag title

Then*

You mean astra militarded?

>In a world where everyone plays IG
Cancer get out and just play Bolt Action it's an excellent game

Orks
T'au
Thousand Sons

If GSC and MT and Harlequins get an army, I think Arbites should too. Only problem is I can only think of 3 units for them: HQ, Arbites, and dogs. Maybe two variants of Arbites for ranged and melee or something.

Space sharks always space sharks.

>Name the same army 4 times.

user we asked for at least 3 options.

oh and Necrons cause they seem cool

>it's not gay if you're wearing boots
Holy shit get this non serving bitch boy out of here.

I used to play WHFB and there were some armies that only assholes played. Skaven players were always cheaters who cooked dice and purposefully misinterpreted their own rules. Daemons players were WAAC assholes.

What armies in 40K attract That Guy? I've heard stories about Grey Knight players... are there any other factions to watch out for?

>Primaris only army
But why?

What can be done about the epidemic of players who own a single list and play just that, then sell their army in favor of a newer, more powerful one?

Or, WAAC tourney fags GET OUT

Back to /lgbt/

Iron Hands are easy to paint if you want to drybrush the black armour plus great if you want to mix in some Mechanicus stuff.

Imperial Fists look amazing on the battlefield especially if you sponge some dark reddish brown on them for battle damage plus they have great lore, better than smurfs by a mile.

Have you considered Crimson Fists?

Have a WAAC list on backburner and slap the shit outta them. It's not hard to cheeze the fuck out of this game. Not hard at all.

Chaos Furies

What are good for?

I like IF as much as the next guy, but great lore? Really?

I've been playing tau since 2004. follow your dreams, user. Fuck the police.

Dafuq are your smoking. There is a hell of a lot more than 10 arbites to a planet. Read nigga read, their are veritable armies of them.

>Imperial Fists

Pros: First founding, well supported by GW, tons of parts support and special models, 30K support
Cons: Lol painting yellow, Lol Dorn

>Space Sharks

Pros: Unique, melee power, popular with players but not actually played a lot
Cons: Use a lot of rarer models if you want to be fluffy, little fluff support, no GW support, not very good in the game compared to others, lol space hobos

>Iron Hands

Pros: Sturdy, easy paintjob (or hard, depending on how you do black), 30k support, GW support
Cons: No characters, lol weak flesh

>Dark Angels

Pros: Own faction, GW support, triple choice with Deathwing, Ravenwing, Greenwing, 30k support
Cons: Lol gay

>Black Templars

Pros: Parts support, some GW support, some 30K support, popular
Cons: Not really good, somewhat bad reputation, somewhat bad support

>2004
Come back when you are older.

Wouldn't mind them as attachments, like assassins or similar

Nothing. That customer model is good for business and increases sales.

However, and this part GW is beginning to rediscover, your dedicated regulars are the foundation of stability fr your products, and in the case of a niche hobby (i.e.
a luxury good) word of mouth and public opinion count for considerably more than they would in many other business models. This means you need to also pay attention to the veterans and capitalize on their dedication by rewarding them or taking in their customer feedback and applying it where appropriate.

Necrons are easy to paint if you want to play right away. They are also fucking cool and have great plastic kits, and are very competitive.

Thousand Sons have a lot of new kits and you will need to spend less $ to field a decent sized army.

Orks if you like to kit cash and convert and have a sense of humour. Despite the rust etc they do take a while to paint and aren't as easy to make look good as you might initially think.

No comment on tau I don't play them or against them in my gaming group

Orks are spoilt for choice when it comes to kitbashing and conversions, but their stuff that isn't boyz is pretty overcosted.
Tau are good for shooting and army-wide synergy. But they got the shaft in 8th with the nerf to savior protocols. Lots of neat mecha though.
I can't tell you much about Necrons or Tsons since I've barely played against them let alone played them myself.

Make me, gue'la.

Do you guys play Power Levels or Points nowadays?

They're fast cheap chaff. Probably used best to charge units from behind when your more valuable melee unit got stuck in from the front, preventing the unit you charged from falling back out of combat.

Rolled 2 (1d3)

Why are IG guys so hateful?

Let me pick for you
1: T'au
2. Orruk
3. Dust Dudes

If you didn't like the outcome, you weren't really set on the army

Already did.

>>Imperial Fists
>tons of part support

Any hope of an upgrade sprue with molded shoulder pads like the Dangles, Bangles, and Smurfs get?

> Tfw
> "Sergeant, I think there's something stalking us."
> "Bullshit trooper, I don't see anything"
> "But sarge! There's an ungodly loud stomping noise literally right there. I swear I can hear it."
> "TROOPER. THERE IS NOTHING THERE, SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I GET THE COMISSAR."
> "OH GODS WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING, HOW DID IT GET SO CLOSE TO US!"
> Mfw my 350~ point dreadnought now has infiltrate

for the greater good, brother

Okay

That Tau armada is intimidating in a good way

I'm still here.

Nobody here even for a moment considered using power levels. The most that has been talked about it is "Lol, power levels"

Tau used to be that, but they got nerfed to "you actually need to collect the models in the range and play smart to win" levels. Mind you that's not hard to do but it's no win button like riptides once were.
Orc and goblin gunline a best, fite me fagget

Power because we're casual and it integrates better in to our custom campaign.

Points are better tho overall. I still make points lists for fun

>white
not sure if unfinished or boring scheme
>grey
not sure if unpainted or boring scheme

Power level of course. It's beyond autistic to track every model and pistol upgrade in the futile pursuit of balance. Warhammer should be about painting, tossing some dice, and telling an interesting war story with a friend, after all.

What about players who own a single list and play just that, then slowly expand it over the years?

>orruk
Back to your containment general.

You came back when older.

T'au have no chance against the might of the Imperium

Considering Raven Guard are more about laying ambushes, it is more likely that the Dreadnought was placed in a concealed position hours/days in advance and sat out the wait on low power.

Tell me about your doods. What's your favorite unit to use, my brother with excellent taste?

Points, because it's what we've been using for years and we're used to it.

>stomp stomp stomp
>++BURN YOU...++
>stomp stomp
>++...YOUR DEATH...++
>"There it is again!"
>"It was just the wind, get back to your post."

The SIZE and GIRTH of JUSTICE

Besides the Reivers, what else do Primaris dudes have for melee?
Certainly looking for easy to paint as this will be my first army. Is Skitarri the mechanicus stuff you mentioned? What was more fun to play last edition?

They'll be begging for farsight's help in the future. Mark my words.

None can resist the tau.

That means you are now playing the army, which is fine.

BL lore can go and stay go.

If GW makes an actual playable force for them, they'll expand the lore to include new units/kits just like they did with GSC. Metamorphs, Goliath Trucks, the Primus, Aberrants, all that shit is brand new.

Been thinking about starting a Dark Eldar army (fuck the word Drukhari, we know what they are)

My question is, what units should i bring in my archon's court slots and is it a good idea to bring more than one archon w/ courts?

im thinking two medusae a lhamean and a sslyth, all in a venom, but would anyone with experience with Dark Eldar chime in with their opinion?

Any predictions for how Alpha Legion will be handled? Just now getting into 40k and may look into playing CSM with a lot of cultists and deamon summoning. Last edition it looks like Alpha Legion got some pretty fun cultist rules but how does a non-aligned/Chaos Undivided list work with demonic ritual?

Also, anything to counter cultist leadership being so low.

You're welcome to die in massive droves again until something else makes you fuck off since you can barely take a single world back.

Hey RGG, the Vermonter from a couple weeks back here. Would you be up for a game in like 2 or 3 weeks? It'd be pretty small, I don't own much yet.

I expect to see more of him in the main storyline since he is their favourite Tau.
That and that fucking sword is a walking plot key in the making

Kek. GW writing really gets shitty whenever Tau enter the picture. Fuck knows why.

Sslyth is alright. The others feel kinda gimmicky DESU. I'd rather have my archon hanging out with Incubi.

>Besides the Reivers, what else do Primaris dudes have for melee?

Fucking nothing. Inceptors can sort of ram things and shoot real close.

PLASTIC INCUBI WHEN?!?!

Cause they mostly look awesome, besides the reivers heads which are just garbage

>gets shitty
>gets
>gets

really now

Warlord shenanigans again and maybe... sabotage strategem

I hope so. He's genuinely one of my favorite 40k characters. Plus most tau in the enclaves seem pretty bro tier.

Because the Tau have secured such an insignificantly small region of space they'd just be gone if they ever suffered a serious loss. So it's basically plot armour overdrive or squat the faction.

>police car
>heavy SWAT
>police snipers
>shield wallers
>police commissioner HQ as an alternative to a combat HQ

What else can we add?

Orange Guard Guy

How do you guys deal with conscript, gaunt, or ork blobs just sitting their fatasses on objectives?

What can be done to move them out of the way?

Tankshock is no longer a thing, and I'm still finding it hard to find a way to remove like 50 models of shitmobs without focusing them.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but I unironically agree with this statement

I like the Enclaves too, I want my anime squad and melee team rules soon

GW writing is consistently shitty. It's just that everyone perks up and slowly turns their head around before REEEEEEEEEing when Tau are involved instead of when it's shitty Tyranid or Eldar writing, and rightfully so.

>EOD/sapper
>undercover arbites
>hive scum informants
Now I want an arbites army.

Cyber-mastiff units, give them access to Imperial Guard stuff to represent them taking command of the local PDF and you got an army.

Why do Black Templars have a somewhat bad rep?

Farsight is such a sue it transcends fiction and bleeds into the real world.

And that is what is keeping me away from making my Primaris only army Space Sharks.

Attack dogs, riot control with gas grenades and the like, biker cops, some kinda psyker for interrogations.

That's literally 90% of all imperial characters and necrons. Only the eldar characters and the swarm lord are complete jobbers. There might be some orkz in there too but they're alright by me. Quit being a cherry picking, faggle.

Make sure you bring a decent amount of chaff clearing weapons, focus a single unit if you can make sure it is out of reach of its morale-saving mechanic and stop shooting it once Morale will take care of the remaining models.

I haven't had any trouble massacring ork boyz spam twice now, but I do play GK and having stormbolters up the wazoo helps a lot.