Veeky Forums makes a Neolithic Setting

> The world is new, vast, and untamed, the primordial titans from before the gods still hold sway, though their grasp is weakening, the gods are young, primal, and active in the world, and what little civilization exists is still in its cradle.

>Neolithic
>primal gods
>infant races

Okay, hear me out.

So there are these snakemen, right?

Millions of tonnes of pressure have condensed earthen magic into metamorphic rocks

>there are gods
>there are demons
.and there is a third faction: the monsters
>formed from primal darkness and the bare wilderness, they are the Earth's own spawn
>allying with them allows one to take on their traits, eventually turning one into a monster themselves

> Almost a third of the elven race has literally seen the dawn of time, and remember existing as incorporeal wisps in the timeless and chaotic ocean before creation.

Snakemen? I'm thinking they have a !Not!Aztec caste-based empire, with the Snakemen as the ruling priest caste, physically powerful Lizardmen driven by instinct and zealotry as the warrior caste, and tiny retarded and short-lived but rapid-breeding and obedient Sublizardmen as the bottom slave caste. The world is Neolithic, so no bronze, or forged diamond, but they've got crude farming, ziggurats, macuahuitls, and demonic blood sacrifices all day long.

That's basically what snakemen always are

Hmm, what would you suggest? I really like the idea of ziggurat snake priests, and the concept just feels primal. What if, in a twist, they worshiped the ocean and the titans beneath it instead of the sun or demons?

> Orcs are almost identical to their modern contemporaries, save that they are slightly smaller, slightly less intelligent, have thicker skulls, more pronounced tusks, haven't developed a language more sophisticated than grunting and pointing, and aren't as well equipped.

Nah, people always go mesoamerican snakemen for a reason. It just works.

Plus they have the advantage of seeming vastly more advanced than the neolithic dudes around them, yet primitive enough to seem bestial to us.

> A few of the gods directly rule over their followers, but most don't see the need to micromanage and wander the world doing as they see fit, content with the occasional prayer or sacrifice.

I think we should go for it, Aztecs Snakes are always fun, especially in a Neolithic context like this world.

We need to work in monoliths, monuments, dolmens, and burial mounds, for they are my fetish.

Maybe when a bunch of people get together, and put a ton of effort and emotional investment into a project which fulfills little purpose, or a ritual purpose, it weakens the barrier between this world and the world of magic, allowing magicians and shamans to communicate with forces from beyond the veil of reality.

I like it, that would also mean the ziggurat sneks are extremely powerful magicians. I could see them doing a lot of profane rituals, eclipsing the sun, cursing the soil, and so on.

Make your own setting faggot

> he doesn't understand the fun of communal worldbuilding

>Magic is the act of flaking a shard off of the titans to do your bidding. How invested you are in the process dictates how large of a shard you get. How close that bidding is to what the titan would do anyway dictates how successful the magic is. The bigger the shard, and the more distant the purpose, the more likely the titan is to notice you.

I like monoliths as both power boosters, compass points, and to some extent, a whipping boy. Let the giant stone monolith in the middle of the desert take on the curse of the titan of wasting breath.

BETWEEN THE TIMES WHEN THE OCEANS DRANK ATLANTIS...

base it on these books I'm about to post, they are maximum crazy

...LONG LONG AGO, I UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE EVIL...

Flood catastrophes could still be ongoing as part of deglaciation, like what happened to the Great Lakes IRL.
>8000 BC: ice sheets
>6000 BC: Neolithic farming villages and fenced paddocks
>4000 BC to present: 200+ feet of water
You have a completely valid, historical basis for a "floods come, everyone dies" TPK for anyone between the glaciers' edges and 35 degrees latitude.

and the last one, for now...

...BUT A FOOOOOLISH CIMMERIAN WARRIOR WIELDING AN ATLANTEAN BLADE STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE ME