40k general: Old one's on autosage and I'm impatient edition

40k general: Old one's on autosage and I'm impatient edition.

>FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>LEGO 40K kits
>same fucking price as GW

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

I was going through my stuff earlier and I'm finding a lot of Tyranids. I've got a flyrant, 10 termagaunts, 10 hormagaunts, and 10 genestealers. What do I need to add to get an ok 1000-1500 point army?

>$50 for the marine codex

how to make people pirate 101

Are you fucking kidding me.

I thought we were getting cheaper books like the indexes.

Do you think they will release smaller versions or softcover versions like they did in previous editions?

Doesn't matter I'm still going to pirate it off here anyways

Probably eventually. But I doubt they'll be much cheaper.

How easy/cheap is it to build up a Black Templar army from nothing?

>buy tons of old marines on ebay, repaint
>stuff them in rhinos

Not that hard. Probably run you ~$300 for a rhino rush army?

Easy if you use cheap sources of marines like eBay and starter sets. More expensive than other chapters if you build a "proper" BT army with official Sword Brethren models and Black Templar upgrade packs to add tabards and chains everywhere.

>autosage

get out

The indexes are the cheaper rule books GW was referring to. Codices aren't getting cheaper.

Are you joking? That's barely 400 points. You're gonna need a fucking lot, that's what

The Space Marine codex being $50 isn't so bad when you consider
>1. It will eventually get a softcover release
>2. It will likely be one of the larger if not largest codex release this edition

>autismals think space marines are being squatted
Is it even worth explaining to them why they are idiots?

4 more Flyrants.

My new favorite answer is Aquila Strongpoint Macro Cannon

Buy 4 sets of Tactical Gauntlets of the Dark Angels or Blood Angels variety, preferably for around $50 each.
Acquire a Land Raider Crusader for $40-50.
Acquire Helbrecht, Emperor's Champion, and a used squad of 5 termies for $50 somehow.

Thats $300 of chargerape.

I don't really give a damn how many retarded AoS-tier bits of "art" they crammed in, or whatever lore they're rehashing. They should go like Infinity where rules and fluff are separate.

Not squatted, replaced.
Now accept cutedar superiority and get to breeding.

No, it's huge because it's all of the chapters. Fluff is just a bonus.

I meant more they'd be full of rules since most chapters won't be getting codices for a while

That too.

AoS would be marginally better if the "to wound" stat was how much the enemy needs to roll to wound instead of the flat value of the model.

>Elysian Company Commanders have free Melta Bombs
I'm really tempted to put 12 of them in a Valkyrie, and maybe even give them Power Fists

Are you allowed to paint a dreadnought to look like nurgle and have it in my deathgaurd army? Sorry if it is a stupid question, I am just getting into the game

Are dark angels getting their own codex again?

Yes, and it can count as a helbrute, or a helforged dreadnopught if you are interested in using Forge World rules.

Yes, but it'd be a Helbrute

Most likely yes

Sweet, thanks

Why would they?

Yes. It hasn't been stated by GW but DA, BA, and SW weren't mentioned with the chapters in the Codex: Space Marines book.

Because Edgy Green Boyz iz best

How are the orks edgy

I'z talking about the Dark Angels ya git

new friend here .In case anyone was interested in what i made. Im prepared for your insults

>tau

fresh from /wip/

>>>tau

explain to me in 3 words or less why i should dislike the tau

Insignificant mary sues.

weeb gundam memes
oh shit thats 3 words why to like them...

Shit tier army.

Bad Wrong Fun

Deyz not orks

>stay properly hydrated.

not grimdark enough

I'll use 6.

Not the worst. Still pretty bad.

You shouldn't.

>tau players
>7th edition
>8th edition

I just had a probably very retarded idea for a space marine chapter
Would you like to hear about it?

no

What kind of hobbying are you up to, /40kg/? Playing, building, painting, fluff writing/reading?
You did hobby today, right...?

I just finished my Succubus tonight and my god, faces suck ass to paint. Now to wait for the humidity/heat to level out so I can go seal her.

It cant be more retarded than the space wolves are in canon.
go for it user

k

I painted 2 more Primaris marines.

>shadowsun with no stealth suits
You done goofed.

"K"? Are you fucking kidding me? I spent a decent portion of my life writing all of that and your response to me is "K"? Are you so mentally handicapped that the only letter you can comprehend is "K" - or are you just some fucking asshole who thinks that with such a short response, he can make a statement about how meaningless what was written was? Well, I'll have you know that what I wrote was NOT meaningless, in fact, I even had my written work proof-read by several professors of literature. Don't believe me? I doubt you would, and your response to this will probably be "K" once again. Do I give a fuck? No, does it look like I give even the slightest fuck about a single letter? I bet you took the time to type that one letter too, I bet you sat there and chuckled to yourself for 20 hearty seconds before pressing "send". You're so fucking pathetic. I'm honestly considering directing you to a psychiatrist, but I'm simply far too nice to do something like that. You, however, will go out of your way to make a fool out of someone by responding to a well-thought-out, intelligent, or humorous statement that probably took longer to write than you can last in bed with a chimpanzee. What do I have to say to you? Absolutely nothing. I couldn't be bothered to respond to such a worthless attempt at a response. Do you want "K" on your gravestone? Do you want people to remember you as the asshat who one day decided to respond to someone with a single letter? "Hey, look, everybody! It's that "K" guy!" That's who you are. You're going to be known as the "K" guy. How does it feel? Do you feel happy? Quite honestly, I don't care, which is why I'm not even going to respond to you. Goodbye, and good luck with your future as that guy who said "K".

Their player base.

I was gonna do some hobbying today but I kept pushing it back. I should be starting pretty soon and should be able to finish what I planned on completing today.

yes

someone should screencap this

kinda want to get this mentality out that having a single Riptide is "OP". It's not. They're the Tau's TEQ. It's fair if they can have one if you bring some Termies or a Land Raider. If they bring multiple and in the Wing, then yes that is pretty cheesy.

Also Kroot are shit. They're just expendable meatshields. Having a whole army oriented around them would be incredibly boring. If Tau auxiliaries had the same love that Genestealers then that would be fine.

A "fun" army to play against is something that tries to bring all the neat units into the battle in a combined arms fashion. Not just spamming any one single unit. A good Tau player would know that some well supported fire warrior unit is a cheaper and arguably better source of anti infantry fire power than the other units.

I'm so tired of hearing non Tau players complain about "muh Battlesuits or muh Riptides" They're there in the codex, they have a purpose, just like the FWs.source then any of the battle suits. Just because you get butthurt at the cheesemongers doesn't mean that the other Tau players have to stop using a particular unit. Quit bitching.

what IS the worst?
why?

except space marines anything for obvious reasons I mean.

assembly line painting my deathgaurd marines
>mfw I went from painting ez ass necrons to this shit

btw, how do you fellas paint for long periods of time without your neck hurting? Mine is killing me

aight
It's a crusading space marine chapter that goes around picking up criminals from worlds they visit, arm said criminals and chain them to their armor so they are forced to either fight and potentially live or not fight and die and because they have a habit of chaining normal human beings to their armor( note I don't mean directly to their armor but think of it like a leash) they tend to shun drop pods in favor of footslogging as to not mushify their slave soldiers
How retarded is it?

seems chaosy

to be fair, swap out the sigils and Inquisiton/Chaos Cult armies look veeeeery similar.

Slowly but surely losing my mind with this Aquila Strongpoint. Definitely going to make a multi night project. The only problem will be hiding it from my roommate that long.
Give me your energy lads

dude, I expected something more retarted than a chapter who uses penalty legions

If you're a Space Marine player, what chapter do you play and why?

Ultramarines here just because I like the roman look and I like the jack of all trades aspect.

Are you looking down at everything? Fucking don't. Hold that shit up to your eye level, not your eyes down to the shit.

I had more advice but it all boils down to 'move your fucking hands, not your face'

I just don't notice.
Then again I was born with twisted spine and sleep on the floor so who knows.

>How retarded is it?

only moderately retarded
they'd slow the Marines down until they died which would be pretty quick, so it sounds like a waste of time really, but using the criminals for chapter slaves and/or potential recruits would work okay

unless it's Chaos in which case fuck yeah, works okay.

I saw those in the last thread. Are they primed? The lighting was messing with me.

>twisted spine
>sleeping on floor
My fella

K is for I kek'd.

Dark Angels, and a custom Dark Angels Successor Chapter, and Blood Angels Terminators, and Deathwatch, and Grey Knights.

And Inquisition, and Sisters, and Tyranids

>except space marines anything for obvious reasons I mean.

Hahaha- shut the fuck up.

Started with Ultramarines because of the bling bling, blue color, and all around "solidness" of being the default chapter (sort of like Ryu in Street Fighter, Terrans in Starcraft, etc), then graduated to Carcharodons because of their color contrast and exotic FW feel with mass armor customization.

Although nowadays Ultramarines have a shit ton of customization too thanks to all the plastic bling GW put out and the 30K shit FW put out.

>mfw I went from painting ez ass necrons to this shit

I started on marines and I always heard people saying how easy they were and I was like bull fucking shit you want easy go Necrons, spray silver, Nuln Oil, maybe drybrush silver if you're fancy, fucking done.

Is it cute still if she's naked?

They are now but we're not then.
My lamp is great for working but terrible for photos.
Still have quite a bit to go.

>criminals for chapter recruits
Ya know what always bugged me about space marine recruitment?
It is stated that chapters tend to target Hive worlds for recruitment right? and that they regularly round up entire gangs?
How many gangs of prepubescent children are there running around?

Carcharodons, because I love their fluff and their paint scheme. Tyberos is also my favorite character to use on the tabletop, he's versatile as fuck and in 8e he finally got the 4++ he's always deserved.

Depends on the pose.

And forgot photo

>that guy who brings unpainted necrons to the table

In the grimdarkness of the future I imagine its pretty common

It's a hive world so probably a shit ton of urchin children are running around

Yes. Even cuter without makeup.

I miss when he gave PE:Infantry, had Rage, and ran around like a headless retard after killing something.

Twice even. Maybe it's the fumes?

today was my birthday and my dad went to the gamestore I usually go to and showed them a picture of some of the imperial knights I painted. he asked the guy "how many giant robots like this are you supposed to have?" and the guy said "as many as you can afford", so he bought me another one.

Is the caestus assault ram the OP bullshit type of FW unit or the acceptable kind ?

>and the guy said "as many as you can afford"

This guy knew what was up.

Good, but not super broken now that everything has assault vehicle (so using it as a delivery mechanism isn't as worthwhile).

Another 20 genestealers, a broodlord, a tyranid swarm box, and ranged support.

semi new to 40k, it says a platoon commander can replace his laspistol with a shotgun, so he would still have his chainsword then? he can use a shotgun then shoulders it and pulls out his sword for close combat?

It used to be underrated OP but I'm not sure how good it is in 8E. Not sure why it never saw play in 7E and 6E other than nobody had the model, that thing was ridiculous.

>as many as you can afford

Someone is going to be a star employee, if it was a GW store I see a great career path

Yeah, if he comes with a chainsword by default and hasn't traded it for anything, he's still got it. If he's a badass he just one-hands the shotgun and holds the chainsword in his other.