Seriously Veeky Forums, whose side are they on?

Seriously Veeky Forums, whose side are they on?

their own.

Theirs. And even that's not guaranteed

Either they have forgotten or their on as many sides as there are alpha legion warbands

>whose side are they on?
Yes

wait what, the Alpha Legion has primaris already? is this art Legit?

maybe the primaris marines were Alpha Legion the whole time?

>thinking the clandestine chapter with a hate boner for smurfs wouldn't immediately steal his masterpiece.

The greatest justice in all this new fluff will be Gulliman shit talking Big E and making literally the same mistakes.

Fpbp

every faction in40k is actually just Alpha Legion agents in deep-cover

It's MK 4, r-tard.

>alpha legion tyranids

MkIV doesn't have a gorget.

half traitor, half loyal.

Also half neither and half both and half dragon and half vampire and half whole and half and half.

I don't think that's a gorget, I think his head is just sunk into teh chestplate.

I should run alpha legion for the upcoming 40k campain and swap sides every other week

You can see the collar in the back.

I think the new Alpha Legion book coming out also has a picture of primarines with hydras plastered all over their armor.

>Alpha Legion deathwatch.

It will be a glorious clusterfuck but the ride down is more than worth it.

they are all loyal to Alpharius and his interests, which they don't even fully know since they are all separate cells operating independently from each other. thus, they each have their own modus operandi. some go full chaos like Bael in their efforts for the semi-existent galactic plan, while others are full pure in their pursuits.

the only one that knows what the fuck is going on is omegan/gulliman (who may or may not be Alpharius in disguise), and even they are spending their time just making sure that the cells don't fire on each other since they don't know who is who

As fun as it is to imagine the Alphamarines stealing Primarine gear or BEING primarines because they infiltrated the project way back at the end of the heresy

It's more likely just a case of artist not knowing shit and drawing from the materials given to them

Seriously, GW does not into careful lore and planning. They couldn't write a clever twist if someone handed it to them pre-pretzled.

The one you want them to be.
We know that some (half?) of them were loyalists during the HH. Maybe they keep on doing that.
Maybe they do what Cypher does, appearing as a threat but actually helping Imperials by taking out an inside enemy before retreating, or leading Imperials to new targets and such, just like he pulls DA to potential threats in advance.

" Alpharius Omegon misled Horus by surrendering tainted information about the pure Primarch gene-stock to the Traitors' chief geneticist, "
"by not destroying the pure Primarch gene-stock as they had promised to damage the Loyalists' war effort, keeping it for their own benefit. "

>TFW you planted your chapters highly morphic gene seed in Crawls Lab
>TFW you orchestrate the birth of a pansy god to wake up someone with the right clearence levels
>TFW Every single old chapter and Space marines is replaced by infiltrators
>TFW You hijack Toilet head's Crusade
>Just as planned

The Emperor. Alpha Legion, more than any other Legion, has always been at the side of the Emperor, but only Big E and Alpharius know this. AL are double, sometimes quadruple-double and reverse double2 agents. Deep, deep, deep cover operations by independent cells who don't even know their orders, or what AL is, or their own names. We're down the rabbit hole and playing 4D chess through the looking glass but the game ended before the heresy and the rabbit was Omegon. We're talking undercover anti-Chaos code null psy op false flag vis a vis shadow seventh estate indoctrination and even Tzeentch is masturbating furiously to the convoluted web of espionage and Alpharius isn't just watching Tzeentch fap to his plans; Alpharius is the napkin.

They don't even know they are all on so many layers of secrets that every single one of them has convinced themselves that any on of them could be Alpharius(including themselves) and they just go with the flow.

I was planning to go Iron Warriors someday for my chaos marines but damn now I want to play Alpha Legion

>You thought you were going to save the Imperium, Gulliman. You spread Primaris marines throughout the galaxy, created whole chapters of them. Oh, you have weakened the forces of Chaos with them...but now you rely on them so much more than their forebears, exhausted by a war that left your own battered sword pointing against your throat.
>Primaris marines, the first of a new generation...and the beginning of the last legion's rise. They are all Alpharius.

I mean goddamn, no matter how you spun it it would be the best twist - that all Primaris Marines were replaced by Alpha Leigon infiltrators one by one, that they had been brain-washed with Alpha Legion commands before they had even left their gene-labs. It would be a perfect ending to the duality - even rivalry - portrayed between Gulliman and Alpharius/Omegon.

No

Maybe. I don't know.

Well they are in the chaos codex/index and regularly fight the imperium so gee I wonder

You do wonder, because it's never been made clear.

Every single Primaris Marine is Alpharius and all of them just heard the activation phrase at the same time.

Think this artwork is from that f2p eternal crusade. So this art was out way before primaris
That being said the similarities are striking, and if anyone was going to have access to primaris far before their release date it would be AL

They're either on their own side (most likely) or humanities side (not the imperium but humans themselves) and are using chaos as a tool rather than a religion

It's the same sort of thing that people do with the Dark Angels. They're on the Imperium side, they fight for the God-Emperor, but then they start attacking fellow Imperials or leaving them in the lurch and doing secret shit and people go 'huh maybe they're closet heretics!'

But GW isn't that clever, and the Alpha Legion never really seems to fight on the side of the Imperium, just like the Dark Angels keep on getting forgiven for their crimes in the past (the Black Templars cruiser they may have fired on? Turns out it got sucked into a Space Hulk and overrun by genestealers).

the real question is, why do I have the same picture but with a different (and much cooler) hand gesture?

I also just noticed that mine has a Word Bearer in the background and OP's has an Iron Warrior. Wtf.

Look at the studded lower leg plate, kneepad, elbowpads, pauldrons, and snout - it's Mk IV armor, with an Anvilus-pattern backpack.

Sure, the neck area's a little non-standard, but that's normal in art.

Well yeah, you gotta explain how the Space Marine can move his head around.

Theyre not in the 8th chaos index

Can you repeat the question?

You're not the boss of me now!

Hive Fleet Hydra
Hydra Dominatus
HOLY SHIT

>gulliman calls for the eldar to fix the golden throne
>with the help of the mechanicum eldar and dark age tech they actually upgrade the throne
>emperor begins to regenerate
>webway is a unified passage way for the imperium and eldar
>warp is calmed down by necron tech
>emperor steps off the golden throne
>Alpharius walks in transfering control of tyranids to the emperor
>emperor launches another crusade to reunite the planets seperated by the warp
>emperor finds vulkan

They're on nobody's side... Because nobody is on their side