Why do we waste money on paper MTG?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME RIGHT NOW WHY AM I WASTING MY HARD EARNED MONEY ON BUILDING FUCKING MODERN AND EDH DECKS WHEN I COULD JUST BE PLAYING XMAGE FOR FREE. ARE WE ALL GETTING SCAMMED WHAT IS THE GODDAMNED POINT WHY AM I EVEN PARTAKING IN SUCH AN EXPENSIVE ((((HOBBY))))???????

Beats me. Generally when I put money into a hobby it's to keep certain people out, but going by what I've seen in MTG I don't think it works there.

Back when I still played, it was because I actually enjoyed holding and handling the physical cards. I liked sleeving up my deck in high quality sleeves, shuffling the deck, laying the cards out on a table, physically building the deck with my hands, flipping through my cards. I started Magic nearly 20 years ago as a child, and physical cards were all that existed back then.

Because you're an imbecile

If enough people believe an item is worth something, it effectively is. You're paying for cards because cards are treated as worthwhile.

I like having paper cards to play through, and its fun to be able to fuck around with them. Basically what said.

Also I use them to practice drawing, and it's useful to have a little reference image you can look at directly.

Also you could just play casual games where you don't have to have to spend absurd money on it.

Because you are a poorfag with no impulse control

Poor impulse control.

Sounds like autism.

I have been playing constructed formats with printed cards last 3 years. Sold my collection before it ever really began, because I realized it's waste of money. I can see the point, when playing limited formats, but I always felt drafting new sets was more often than not a complete waste of time and trash compared to cube drafting.

Stop being stupid and sell your cards to someone who thinks they have some value. Poor bastards.

You seem mad

Simply put, the paper experience. I play at a shop with people who are now my friends, or at the very least acquaintances. The human interaction and social aspect makes the game great, not the gameplay.

The real scam is MTGO. Having to pay twice for the same deck and at most a 50% cost reduction is absurd, Wizards needs to adopt an XMage like model for casual players at least. I'm cool paying to enter tournaments, but until modo can fuck off.

I don't know...

>MODERN AND EDH DECKS

found the problem

>do standard it's cheaper :^)
>(((((invest))))) in Legacy :^)
>(((((invest))))) in Vintage :^)

>tfw they shut down cockatrice so mtgo could come onto the scene

Just print or buy proxys.

>shut down cockatrice
u wot m8 it's still fine

Join the LackeyCCG masterrace anyway scrubs, shame the community is so tiny. It's a much better alternative to schlockatrice

What's wrong with Pauper?

playing with real cards literally feels better
a lot more mechanics are easier to do with real cards
it's more fun to get together with friends (you do have these, right?) for EDH night with real cards rather than everyone bringing a laptop

What's wrong with Yugioh? I mean it's cheaper right, obviously the cheapest option should be perfectly fine.

>dropped $400 on a burn deck
>stopped playing it
>dropped $1000 on abzan coco
>play maybe once a month
>started to buy a 3rd
>$2000 in edh decks

What the fuck am I doing with my life

Because you're a fucking addict

Playing with real cards feels better only if you are slightly autistic to care about shit like that.

Well it's smarter than paying money for digital cards, right?

Stop being autistic and play pptqs and above only in paper.

You could go even farther and ask yourself why waste time with a horrible interface, shitty community and gamebreaking bugs, and just buy 1000 3.5x2.5" blank white cards.

You'll have every Magic card ever for a tenth of a penny each, so long as you and your friends agree that spending money is a stupid waste.

Idiot.

Just drop it now man, save yourself from further financial loss. You could try to sell the old cards you have or just do like me and give them to some kid in the neighborhood who will appreciate it, Assuming you don't want to keep the cards that is

lmao

Have you ever even played pauper?

Why the Fuck aren't you guys on xmage anyways?