You want to lure a PC to step on a particular 5x5 foot square in a dungeon

You want to lure a PC to step on a particular 5x5 foot square in a dungeon.
What's a surefire way of doing this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8e3atSQkVLw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Something sparkles here, do you investigate? Yes? GOTCHYA! Now strip...

Make it a five foot corridor

Schroedinger's square
>"gee golly, PC#1, that square was the EXACT square you shouldn't have stepped on!"

A gold coin glued to the floor.

Put that square right inside the entrance.

youtube.com/watch?v=8e3atSQkVLw

There's a corpse with the best weapon/item that the PC needs or wants. They role to investigate the corpse, but not there surroundings.

Their favorite food attached to a box trap

>the square flagstones within this 50x50 ft area are completely different to the rest of the area.
>standing on one causes it to glow.
>moving from one to another in the right pattern causes them to stay lit up
>the final square is a trap

A fight.

Taco stand.
How many people would suspect a taco stand?

Treasure chest. The mcguffin they came for. It's not hard m8.

All you need is an NPC who says NO MATTER what happens they absolutely most surely MUST NOT step on that square.

Show your tits.

>How many people would suspect a taco stand?

Put a fence around it with a lock that's hard to open.

On a related note, the NPC can tell them to stand on the 5x5 foot square next to it..

underrated post

This

ft wide corridor made of 5x5 stone tiles
>>All tiles same color
>>Except one
>>Trap is the one next to it.

Free shiny object guarded by an obvious, easy to disable trap, distracting them from the REAL trap/ whatever else you have planned.

>mfw one of my fellow players had their character fall for this, only the bait was a feather from her dragon gf.
>said gf was also hiding in the crate itself, and proceeded to kiss the everloving crap outta the character when the trap closed.

The square is in front of a wall with a crack in it. There's light pouring through and as you approach you begin to hear muffled voices. You might even be able to see through if you press up against the wall.

>as you exit the small passage into the cavern, five skeletons in rusted plate and rat-eaten leather raise from their eternal sleep
>they raise weapons and and advance
> a sixth skeleton in bright red and yellow armor stands up behind them
>he walks over to a cobwebbed wooden structure with a sign that reads 'TACOS'
>roll Initiative

...come to think of it, this might work. All the PCs attention is on killing spooky skeletons and when their done, tacos!

>her dragon gf

This entire post made my skin crawl.

How pathetic.

what would the tacos be made out of?

Previous adventurers.

Oddly enough, it's one of the least cancerous parts of the "how do I railroad" thread.

A single platinum coin.

There's some sort of dungeon autogen program my GM uses that does this.

I totally agree. I'm fine with gays, but with a dragon? Now, I'm no bigot, but the idea of my daughter being in a relationship with a giant fire breathing lizard that is centuries old just doesn't sit right with me.

underrated

>her dragon gf
>feather
>kiss trap

This is simultaneously heart warming and fucking revolting

I'm just not okay with kissing the crap out of someone. That doesn't sound sanitary, literally or metaphorically.

I totally agree. I'm fine with Human on Dragon, but non-immortal human on dragon? Now, I'm not against age difference, but the idea of my offspring being in a relationship with something that is barely half a century old just doesn't sit right with me.

Well point of order

Any dragon interested in mortals is a sexual deviant attracted to people way younger than them and with freakish unscaled bodies.

Like Dragons who fuck mortals are like people who fuck horses.

I mean that hasn't stopped me from ERPing an admittedly deviant dragon who prefers mortal mates because they can't be a threat to them or their ageless schemes but...

>
The key to rimming is to wash first

Is it cultural apropriation, since dragons have way more power and influence than mexicans?

One time the DM tried this and it set off the paranoia alarms and everyone went into full alert, spot checks and ten foot poles everywhere. Then we got to the room with a chest at the end of the hallway and we hauled the entire chest out instead of opening it on the spot.

The trap was supposed to activate when the lid of the chest hit a pressure panel on the wall.

If your problem is with the dragon having feathers, this is the dragon in question. It's kinda made of elemental light and feathers.
And the GM didn't exactly describe the kissing scene, just that when the box fell, there was a commotion from within for about two minutes, then the box popped up of it's own accord, revealing one very confused, very exhausted PC covered in smooch marks.

not decide exactly which 5X5 square it is until someone steps on it.

Very legit.

Why is this post so gross?

A very obvious trap. The actual trap is two squares away

How do you get kissed by a lipless marauding beast?