EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previous: 54371030

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: Most bro commander? What deck signals is pilot is liable to cause a good time?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/emracool-the-gig-is-up-2/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/firewall-of-kamigawa/
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Previous: My ability to fuck up the most basic things is matched only by this board's ability to let persistent generals die without reincarnation.

>Naked Solemnularity
Also, does Naked Singularity have a 5C identity or colorless identity?

It's 5 color since the mana symbols are rules text not reminder text.

Poo. Guess it's Progenitus/Child of Alara for my gimmick deck.

>bro commanders
Good ol' Brion is pretty bro tier to me. Probably because he has a fun game plan of throwing things, is relatively bullshit free, and can actually try to win the game.

Cumulative upkeep 3 is pretty rough though

>tfw joking with the table about Boros being bad before buffing a Pummeler to 7.4*10^14 power. and flinging face

Solemnity stops age counters from being put on CU cards.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/emracool-the-gig-is-up-2/

Any tips at first glance for my Eldrazi tribal deck? Supposed to be casual, also this is a rough first draft so pls no bully.

Will this copy thopter tokens?

Yes

There are plenty of better choices than basic Wastes, unless your meta is seriously dominated by Blood Moon or you have a lot of basic fetching. Ghost Quarter, Homeward Path, Reliquary Tower, Wasteland, Strip Mine, Sea Gate Wreckage, Ruins of Oran-Rief, Inventor's Fair, Darksteel Citadel, Nephalia Academy, and so on are fair considerations.

Yes, but you shouldn't. If you can make seven thopter tokens you can make eight, and it checks for eight artifacts that are the same, not for the artifact that it's attached to to be the same as seven others.

Alright noted. What about amount of lands? Do I need more?

Don't forget Geier Reach Sanitarium.

What are some more infinite Combat Combos? Especially in Naya colors.

Savage Ventmaw/Sword of Feast and Famine+Aggravated Assault.

I've been considering for a long time building a flavor deck based on tripping on acid with pic related as a commander, naked singularity is a must include. Any other wacky arts/effects I should include?

>Most bro commander

Cromat is pretty bro imo

Breath of Fury is infinite with something that creates tokens when it attacks (like that Hanweir Garrison)

I'm going to use this, though just ordered Cromat in case it doesn't work out.

Chaos should be a must, as should cards that need more reminder text and rules clarification than rules text. Grip of Chaos, Confusion in the Ranks, Thieves Auction, Humility, Opalescence (and other mass type change: Mycosynth Lattice, Enchanted Evening, Bludgeon Brawl), Copy enchantment, Time Stop (and other end the turn), Word of Command (and Mindslaver), Camouflage, Illusionary Mask. You should have at least one instance of Phasing (Vodalian hypnotist?), at least one instance of Banding (Urza's Engine?)... I feel like if an opponent utters the words "What the fuck is going on?" you have won a moral victory.

Almost half of your deck revolves around ultimately providing mana, but your curve is actually a bit low in comparison. I would try to find just a few more big guys to round it out like Blightsteel/Darksteel Colossus and Wurmcoil.

>5.18 average cmc
>"low curve"

am i being memed

Never noticed his head was the remains of a giant pumpkin before.

>no discord
god bless OP

Which is also the Shadowmoor set symbol.

>Most bro commander?
brozilek obviously

What even is this? It's casual, but I mean, why?

Anyways, kuldotha forgemaster is pretty fantastic. Gruesome slaughter isn't very good either.

Copy something like Myr Battlesphere.

HOLY SHIT!

Bro with DSLs is best bro.

It's Eldrazi

Bet you thought it was a wing.

>tfw you realize the lorwyn symbol is a knife ear

New Neheb, Bear Umbra, and Nature's Will are also really good post combat mana producers. And Hellkite Tyrant is a nice second Aggravated Assault, though a bit awkward to pull off because you need the mana when it attacks.

Copy, with Mry Battlesphere ?! By God if I could do that in my colorless EDZ de-I CAN!

It could also be a leaf.
I don't think there's an official word on it.

Panoptic Mirror is banned.

>Livonya Silone
Patrician Taste.

> Symbol description
The Reaper King's Crown.

Lorwyn, user. It's an elf ear or a leaf.

I asked last thread and got some good advice on things to add to my Mannichi deck. Now what things should I switch out to put my maybe board in, and would there be any other cards I should know of?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/firewall-of-kamigawa/

Look, your deck has 14 creatures with CMC 7+ that you can't consistently tutor for or protect, a handful of which might not even swing the game all that much (Breaker of Armies really doesn't do that much work for 8 mana on it's own in a multiplayer game). I can only assume that you'll be trying to beat the counterspells, removal, and lack of tutors via the sheer amount of bombs you're packing and what recursion you have, and right now the amount of actual bombs in your deck is kinda lacking. Put some more big guys in it, dummy.

Yeah, my new colored commander, I'm used to colorless. My main playing partner and I made his first EDH with Omnath, but it was half my build half his. I facilitated his next deck, Zur. He's taken the reigns so I'm going to make "the rest of the color pie" for opposing decks.

Thanks. Either way, more is better?

It's not memed enough I say.

i'm not the emrakul user

Erp...12h binge is bad for congnitive faculties, I pontif.

congnative

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

based user
the hero we deserve
not the hero we need

Good choice my friend
Consider Mind's Dilation because... well look at the card
I've been considering a similar deck with a shit load of extra turns and really streeeetch that trip out.

user who had that 5c goodstuff deck and whined that your friends didn't want to pay to play with you, this is how to build a fun casual 5c deck.

Fun.

>black gets 2 mana extra turns in 1v1

wotc?? the fuck??

Fun fact, it also makes it nearly impossible to counterspell your shit later in the turn.

Taking into account your options for commanders

1-GB, UG, UW, UR
2-GW, UB, RG
3-RB, WB
4-RW

It's more like a 2 mana silence

What's jankier, winning with Maze's End or the cheese stands alone?

What are some cozy wide commanders? I want to build a big board, preferably tokens and stuff, and then play politically. Seems like most token/wide decks just want to swarm but I have enough aggressive decks as it is so I wanna do something different, preferably with an unique buiildaround commander

I've thought of

>hapatra, but a friend is thinking of building her
>queen marchesa, but i already got a pillowfort deck
>maybe mono blue wizards? sadly mono blue isn't cheap to build and i love budget decks
>edric, but i know he's kinda boring

currently hapatra is the closest to what i want but dang my friend is building her and i literally just built a BUG reanimator deck so there would be overlap

>the cheese stands alone?
this
maze's end, while jank, is waaaay easier

Cheese Stands Alone is jankier, because you're so exposed with it.

MonoRed Grenzo? You play politics with his goad ability and you can go wide with small tokens and use those "power 2 or less can't be blocked" cards to ensure hits.

Run a more aggressive Queen Marchesa list. You don't have to run her as a pillowfort, especially since the main reason people do that is to avoid the politics of the monarcy and not let go of it. You get upside even if you don't keep the monarchy.

Alternately, OG Grenzo is also pretty awesome. You've got the flexibility to cast him cheap (especially with a Hero's Blade out) or expensive, the fact that a lot of the essentials are cheap, and the ability to flex into any subtheme you want. Tokens? Siege-Gang Commander and others. Fortuitous Find helps us in colors that don't normally protect artifacts, and we'll have a lot. Run a sack theme with Ashnods. You can go hardcore and throw in Dictate of Erebos effects, Impact Tremors, and Zulaport Cutthroat plus a ton of tokens and weenies, or go for commander damage and some big creatures that you can get if you're willing to treat Grenzo as 5+ cmc instead of 2cmc.

>post yfw one of the remaining c17 tribes is samurai

>Panoptic Mirror
Might be good to have just incase Sheldon pulls another Protean Hulk.

It would be fairly enjoyable. Like, I've wanted to use Fumiko, Kentaro, Iizuka, and maybe Toshi in a deck together so a good (mardu? Please not boros it would be doomed to suck) samurai commander would be fairly nice to have.

I just want them to make Kentaro except somehow with a two or three color identity.

Seconding Mono-R Grenzo. Goad is an underrated mechanic in multiplayer.
>Goad the green player's Oracle of Mul Daya into attacking
>It's not my fault the other player chose to block it with his Solemn Simulacrum :^)

Thirding Grenzo. You can play all the red "politics" cards.

Besides Eldrazi Processors, what are some nice tech for non-zombie Scarab God?

i've been interested in grenzo, but the problem is that he gets completely owned by a single board wipe. it's too bad he's mono red, he would've been amazing if he was R + any color in the game.

i kinda wanna play something a bit more resilient than that

>mfw

Best red politics card.

Sire of Stagnation, Trapanation Blade,

Already got both, and by god is it fun to flash in Sire of Stagnation in response to Explosive vegetation

how do i know how many lands to run? currently sitting at 34, but i have like 12 mana dorks and creatures who fetch lands, 5 instant/sorcs that fetch lands as well as the usual sol ring+signet and thought vessel.
Idk if people count Mirari's wake or not but I have that as well.

my commander is Selvala, Explorer Returned so she can ramp as well.

>Mardu Samurai C17

I'd buy three. One to play as is, one to modify and change up, and one more to have another one.

In Selvala you actually want to cut lands, down to around 30, because hitting them with her parley does nothing for you.

that's a good point actually, thanks.

What you really want to hit with this is darksteel citadel.

Can Phyrexian Plaguelord deal damage on stack and then sac himself so he can deal 4 and then however much -x/-x he does

I wanna make a Brion vehicles deck and chuck trains at people.

>damage on stack
The rules was changed so damage on the stack was removed. You could let it block a power

Is there a second part that you forgot to write?

>never ever

Post your dream commanders, anons.

It's rankings for two color commander options. Golgari, Simic, Azorius, Izzet, then Selesnya, Dimir, Gruul, then Orzhov, Rakdos, then Boros.

I want a rooftop storm on a stick.

Mono color partners. That's all I want wizards, shame I have to wait u til at least next year for it

Ah, I get it.
I'd rank Orzhov better a bit.

That would be great. They're still missing a few ally 2c commanders. They could print 2 mono partners in each.

I just want an errata to partners that lets them work beside any general.

Phage needs a touch of blue, dammit.

Does kefnet's monument decrease the cost of morph creature?

Alright, new challenge. Just like with my Mannichi, take a mono commander and add exactly one color. Add up to two triggered/activated abilities that fit the new color combo. Then increase the commander's mana cost.

kindly fuck off to some containment thread with your card creation. People are discussing the real game here.

mass, non-targeted power/toughness switching was a mistake. Good thing it's in the shittiest color

No, they aren't.

yes they are you little bitch. were you the one creating Modern 'Custom Cards' generals that people promptly ignored? Dose of reality: your custom cards suck, most people don't want to see them polluting good threads, you are not as creative as you think. Now fuck off.

I like that idea.

I'm not the one who posted it. I just joined the thread a few minutes ago and it looks stagnant as fuck at the moment.

How does this deck tend to work out for you in testing? I can't imagine it goes well since you have to have some kind of trick to keep all of your walls from dying once they lose their toughness.