Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Titan Pelvic Thrust edition
HQ Conversions subedition

Last thread the Rangdan were theorised to have wrecked the Lost Legions, Ixion showed up with his Bullock gang in tow and 1kSons melted some Knight Scions with plot bolts. More Edition REEE occurred and apparently realistic numbers aren't properly heroic despite Primarchs being OP. Editions named themselves like armour and the Sallies fought their second Kaiju thus far. All this and more in the last thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) ()
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/phBjy2KUQTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for grorius white scars.

Threadly reminder.

Why does he look like an ork trying to go fast with face paint? The gorget looks like a frowning ork face

Because most of the old artwork for Magnus is terrible.

Apart from based Blanche of course.

Now he just looks like he's having his prostate examined by pertuabo with his minigun hands

Hi /hhg/, I've been interested in 30k for a while but haven't had the funds necessary to get into it, I've just got a new job so I am taking the plunge.

I'm interested in big infantry lists and a few tanks, I've settled on Iron Hands as my legion. With this in mind I've crafted the below list, is it lacking anything? I'm not planning on using a RoW or a named character at the moment as I'm not interested in any of the RoWs and I want this to be a 'my dudes' army.

2500 points

HQ 85
Centurion, refractor field, volkite charger 70

ELITES 335
x3 apothecarys, x3 augury scanner 150

Contemptor Mortis, x2 Kheres, extra armour, Blessed Autosimulacra (BA) 195

TROOPS 975
x20 Breachers, x4 melta guns, vexilla 425

x20 Tacticals, CCWs, vexilla 275

x20 Tacticals, CCWs, vexilla 275

HEAVY SUPPORT 1110
x10 Heavy support squad, missile launchers, flakk missiles 340

x3 Vindicators, dozer blades, machine spirit, BA, command tank 515

Sicaran venator, lascannon sponsons, auxiliary drive, dozer blade, BA 255

>getting into 30k just as it's dying
a shame, really

Pretty good, you could optimise it by removing the Breachers and missile launcher supports and using that big fuckload of points for a Dorito and a shitkicking unit for your centurion to roll with, but on the other hand if it's Your Dudes and those are Your Dudes then good job, go make your dream come true.

I live near Nottingham so I imagine that there will still be a reasonably sized 30k player base. Lots of people on reddit live around the area and play 30k.

haha, two things I should have mentioned is that I like shields and the Immortals models and also I like missile launchers. I might look to get a suicide terminator squad armed with melta guns to deepstrike in and bash a big vehicle threat like a medusa battery, armoured ceramite might be nice but 5 S8 AP1 shots will get through side/rear armour easily enough.

You'll need to note termies can't deep strike without a RoW/wargear/dreadclaw/warlord trait.

Immortals are worth considering over breachers as you don't need an apothecary for them and you can go full volkite for maximum raygun, which I do.

Gorgons are also really resilient dudes for bashing guys faces

youtu.be/phBjy2KUQTA
For all fellow legionaries of the IVth, and also for Zone Mortalis gamers

Magnus the fool, Magnus the fuckwit.

Anyone got this ebook short?

Black Library.

Its only £1.99 for fucks sake.

Is this one new? Because last I checked, people liked ADB writing Land, hey? We might actually get a decent Mech book for once.

>people liked ADB writing
I like how he writes, but not what he writes. The second he deviates from the beaten track, he dives headfirst down a cliff.

Magnus the Wrong.

MoM was brilliant imo.

Does the Emperor have a toilet?

>AAAAAHHHH

Magnus "Daemon memein' " the Red.
Magnus "Shaitan's spray-tan" the Red.
Magnus "Crimson King Tzeentch's plaything" the Red.

How did you guys paint Magnus armour? I can't quite decide what paints to use, but I want more of a bronze look and not golden.

>Magnus model with no nipple horns
No.

Eh, it was okay.

Nerds jerk themselves raw over "epic science guy who doesn't give fucks!!!!!"

kys

I wouldn't want to seem like a copycat so soon after HH slit its wrists in the bathtub.

I'd strongly consider taking the RoW "Company of Bitter Iron". It doesn't hurt you in any way (must be loyalist, no allies, no Ferrus Manus), and it gives your infantry Hatred (Traitors).

You can, but don't have to, take Immortals as troops and they'd get Stubborn in the enemy deployment zone. You'll never reach the enemy deployment zone on foot so no real reason to take them - but buy the models and mix the bits into your breacher squad.

I hope you're aware that footslogging lists really struggle under the current rules. I would not be shocked if you found yourself needing to put smaller squads in Rhinos, or the breachers in a Spartan, or if you ran Head of the Gorgon just to make the Vindicators outflanking so they can go after the artillery that will be blowing your squads to bits.

The biggest crime, after Mortarion not having a rebreather, is Magnus NOT HAVING NIPPLE HORNS. You had one job!

>His toilet emits a shining beacon throughout the galaxy.
I used to believe the Golden Throne and the Astronomicon were the same.

>Shitty models
>Shitty powercreep-ridden rules
>Overpriced RUBBLE
>Stagnant edition
Why do we love FW, again?

>Overpriced RUBBLE
It's artificer rubble, user, don't you know? Only the best for a Primarch base, and Forge World is incapable of putting out a new model without extolling that it's rare as all hell and SUPER UNIQUE. Look at the Telemons, there's only a handful of them, probably less than the number of Primarchs, and even then some remain empty for lack of suitable pilots. Bringing one down is probably worth an entire army of most others unless it's one of those All Uniques All The Time Marine armies.

I bet the new Dorn model won't have a giant golden eagle strapped to his back THOSE FUCKING HACKS.

>tfw Sanguinius WITHOUT WINGS

That's literally an iconic feature though, they won't leave those off, the Nipple Horns are not, though I'd give you the re-breather for Mortarion, that really should have been on there.

Nah, Sanguinius will just have those 80's British rocklocks.

Baldguinius, then

Are Myrmidons any good? The models are exactly how I pictured the old Skitarii from Titanicus and such, but it seems like a lot of points to tote one Volkite Culverin or similar around. Any weapon option or tactic that makes taking a squad or two worthwhile?

>Tactic 1
Everyone takes conversion beamers and blows stuff up from miles away while being T5 W2.

>Tactic 2
Everyone takes graviton imploders and they get a taxiros then go big guy hunting.

That Reductor guy who posts often uses tactic 2 often in conjunction with some droplites and a medusa battery to make Spartanstar players weep.

Just moved house so feels good to get back I to things, what are people working on tonight?

>gentlemen, post your battle stations

>graviton imploders
>big guy hunting.

So what, I can make the Mechanicum Ghostbuster Squad and cruise around not crossing the BS5 Preferred Enemy streams? I love that idea. I don't know what Droplites are though, just poking around and looking for cool units.

>Ursarax are even more grimdark than Thallaxi, with their only reward being occasional doses of anesthetic for their pain.

How did the Mechanicus, regardless of whether they're loyalist or traitor, manage to outstrip every other faction in the pointless grimdark cruelty department?

Yeah pretty much, reroll hit and wound combined with relentless for 4 shots each means you will put 11 or 12 ap2 wounds on a primarch. Even if they make it through on invulnerable saves they are concussed down to initiative 1 so will be taking a bunch of S10 ap2 attacks to the face next turn assuming you get a good charge.

Droplites are hoplites in an arvus, drop in and haywire the biggest tank threat to death, works best with reserve shenanigans to make it happen earlier.

>pointless grimdark cruelty
Well, it's not necessarily POINTLESS, it makes some truly superb melee infantry with sweet jetpack lats. They just don't really see the point in being at all decent people when it's not efficient. It makes me want to write a little short story about a Dark Magos who doesn't really care about the universe anymore but loves interesting stories and such, so he's akin to Grand Admiral Thrawn in a love of fine technology and respect for his enemies all while being an immoral dick. Sadly, I can't write for shit.

Are those yours, user? Because they look sexy as fuck. How'd you do the claws and the black masks, if you did?

Because they don't just treat people like things, they turn people into things.

It was just Google Images, user, I wish I could paint like that.

Ooh, both of those sound fun. Would it be possible to convert up some hover-barge Arvus Lighters or long Triaros-sized skimmers and do a Mechanicum air army? Always liked the Baskilion, and the idea of gunboats skimming in as Myrmidons and other shock troops leap from hatches and Thallax scream by overhead sounds like great fun even if it would rather congest my Fast Attack slots.

>hey magos, how should we make our troops better at killing?
Hmm, maybe we could give them advanced training and access to the very best gear we can afford?
>no wait, I've got it, let's just lobotomise them and make everything except for killing really painful!
Sounds good to me.

t. Explorator Magos Enabrin Falkan

Was he from Sarum or something? Sounds like World Eater Boops. To be fair, they CAN punch out Primarchs and Custodes and others who DO have the absolute best training and equipment and thus cost way more than them, so it seems to have worked.

Nah, he was some independent guy who developed them via 'stolen' Reductor tech, he then mysteriously vanished and Ursarax tech was distributed about the place.

They do sound pretty World Eatery though, can imagine them accompanying some nailed forge lord.

Anyone know what parts went into this lad?

Last time I will ask this, how do I fluff a loyal sons of Horus force without making them luna wolves

As any of the myriad SoH companies that didn't have Garvial Loken as captain?

FONDLE THE BALLS
WORK THE SHAFT

Easiest way of fluffing a loyalist traitor force is to say they didn't make it to either of the istvaan battles.

Next easiest is to say they were at istvaan but after seeing the horrors of betrayal they disagreed and fucked off.

Easiest way after that is to think for your damn self, you seriously have no ideas at all about how you want to fluff your force?

CONTEMPLATE EXISTENCE

>yfw you're a loyalist SoH on Isstvan

It's sort of weird for loyalists to continue calling themselves "Sons of Horus" for obvious reasons but you could always pass it off as
>we need to remember the sins of our legion
or something.

What aspect of the SoH are you trying to keep: the colors, name, or rules?

If colors, then they should be Cthonian rather than Terran. If name... really not sure how you make that work. I guess they could be recent inductees, too new to be in love with the Luna Wolves history. Rules are easy enough, they don't really restrict you.

Thanks for the ideas I'm new to the heresy and really liked the colour scheme of the sons
I know have a good idea on how to fluff them

Are there any painting youtube channels/streamers? Not like Duncan's "here's some tips," just dudes painting. Might motivate me to be better.

*now

Did the guy in yesterday's thread who didn't know the difference between 7th and 8th editions ever post again?

Please share! And tell us why you aren't interested in elevating your gene-father into command of the Imperium. You know he's been lying to you about the nature of the Warp, and that he'll discard us like he did the Thunder Warriors...

Damn, quiet thread even for the way this summer has been going.

What are the best stories about any of the primarchs? I'm planning on getting the new Lorgar book cause a pilgrimage to ally with daemons and kill a god is my shat

I always wondered about about this. It's kind of blindingly obvious the Emperor was going to purge the Legions at some point if you know the story of the Thunder Warriors, and it's generally accepted that he wants to do the same thing to the Mechanicum, the Primarchs and a whole bunch of other stuff. Given the Imperium was immediately REEED at by a billion xenos after the Heresy surely a full-scale war with the Mechanicum wouldn't produce a much better result? For all their jobbing in fluff they do have very large guns and underpin the vast majority of the Army and some of the Legions.

Just build your army in the timeframe of post-Cthonia (finding their primarch and naming themselves SoH) but pre-Davin/pre-Isstvan (where Horus became a bitch for Chaos and a traitor respectively).

I don't understand why people don't suggest timeframe-based armies more often. Most of your games will end up as dream matches anyway (why are loyalists fighting loyalists? why is this guy who died on Isstvan III fighting Shattered Legions that didn't exist until Isstvan V? etc.), so why not imagine your army as a sort of freeze frame of the Legion's military capabilities at one particular time?

They didn't get renamed to the Sons of Horus until after the Triumph of Ullanor. Other than that it's a good point.

This is something Battletech has been doing for decades, and it works very well. Why the fuck hasn't GW caught on is a mystery to me.

Because in BT you need like three lances at most, while with Warhammer you need several hundred bucks and endless hours at least.

The navigators and astropaths (of which only the former were a powerful institution, I think) were among the other doomed parts of humanity. I think the Mechanicum may have taken a long, long time to get around to cracking. I don't know how that would've worked... better than in M41, but not by much.

The Ultramarines, if not others, were likely to earn themselves a spot in the new Imperium. They'd be useful, and some of the others in small numbers. Maybe it would've been more of a cull instead of an extermination - at least for a lot of the legions.

Do note, the book is about his childhood on Colchis

Sure, but you fight mostly dream battles anyway and they'd gain design space for all sorts of options and unique units.

>It's kind of blindingly obvious the Emperor was going to purge the Legions at some point if you know the story of the Thunder Warriors
Because the Thunder Warriors were some barbarian trash he got along the way.

The Primarchs are his sons, which would make the SM his sorta-grandsons, thus nobody would think that he'd kill them.

Also, it would necessarily have to be a cull or purge, he could just do it like what happens to the IF in the beginning of I am Slaughter, i.e. bringing down their recruitment numbers to virtually zil then letting casualties mount, and having the primarchs serve some role in the Imperium (Guilliman head of Administratum, Alphy head of secret police, Vulkan and Ferrus get their own labs, Perty and Dorn build citadels and palaces, Fulgrim in charge of propaganda, Angron, Lorgar and Curze inspectors of Terra's Exultant Gas Chambers at close range etc.)

*it would NOT necessarily have to be a cull or purge

>when you write a medium sized post and miss a word

I imagine Emps would have to first wait until he could get at least a decent chunk of the Mech on side to avoid losing his entire engineering force the moment the fight starts, slug it out with the Mech traditionalists and then slowly wean the remaining Tech-priests off the Omnissian Creed, which would have been bloody difficult given that's the entire reason they stood with him in the first place. I suspect that the Navigators and the Legions would be considerably simpler to deal with first. I kind of want more Navigator fluff given the one Navi we have rules for is pretty badass, but I guess I can just go read some Dune.

True, at least pre Retcon Library "Primarchs are tools". I suspect that he might have kept Lorgar around to work with Fulgrim at the propaganda thing, it's more his schtick than the Phonecian and his compliant worlds were loyal as all hell before lolChaos.

I don't like this opinion. At best it's a guess at the mind of an immortal, and even then only if the Webway project worked, and it didn't. We will never kill all those pesky Dark Eldar now...

If we had a legion of marines (not that Cawl DOESN'T have it), what xenos species would go extinct first?

Its a fucking mess because Im starting to pack for Uni, so Im cramming all my mini's and painting shit into bawkes. Almost done my god damn Spartan+10 Justaerin superheavy barbarian launcher+'ammo'...but with the 8th ed shit HH got strangled in its crib in my home town.
Need to get motivated to finish painting and stop molesting weights at the gym in my free time as well. Ask me again in 4 months and it will be better

Fucking elves. No, seriously fuck them and their snobby obnoxious, 'le refined race, le humans are chimps' attitude. Want to continue that you spindly fucks? WE WILL BURY YOU!!!

*swigs vodka, grabs AK pattern lascarbine and aнaнac pattern missile launcher*

I would say go squish the Tau, get the Ordo Reductor out of retirement and go burn their sept worlds with Cyclonic Torpedoes if something interferes AT ALL with a seamless landing there. We don't need another hundred crappy planets as much as we want them gone. If the Imperium ever realised what having much faster ships and Exterminatus missiles actually meant you could burn down so many of the major threats to the Imperium in a few months. The Tau, the Craftworlds where they could find them. That ship that got into Commoragh should have set off a few virus bombs and cyclonics in there and rattled the bastards in their cage.

The stupid eldar fucked a chaos god into existence, and their idiotic self-fulfillinf prophecies turned Angron into a Daemon Prince...but somehow the humans are the bad guys here.
Fucking remove elf nao!

I fucking know right??? Chain Magnus the Fuckup to the Astronomicon, get that Daemonic bitch to pinpoint all the faggot's craftwurlds/backwards imbreeding centers, resurrect the Legion Astartes, go and Murderfuck the elves out of existence.

We are doing them a favour by voilently euthanizing them; life is hard, its harder when your entire race are smug pricks

What would be a good Knight house associated with Talons of the Emperor? I assume there's no way Ordo Sinister has any. Is there any other organization similar that could have Knights?

You probably wouldn't want any of the Martian Houses. House Hawkshroud? Strong honourable streak and loyal to Terra, but the yellow might clash with the gold.

Ordo Sinister just has their 20-ish Titans and a few thousand Secutarii.

Even from traitor pov, this was not a primary reason. The Primarchs and select senior cadre had their suspicions, but the primary reasons being a sense of tyranny, neglect, and/or a will to pursue the ruinous powers are well documented and reinforced by both loyalist and traitor in m31 and m42

What does Ordo Sinister paintjob even look like? I can't seem to find a clear image of it.

I think it's in the book somewhere in text form, fairly certain it involves green. Those things are heug and awesome, but sadly the DarkMech get no Horror Titans. Maybe in Angelus.

IMO most of the stuff the Imperium produces is a lot more strange and horrible than what the Dark Mech come up with. With the exception of the Daemonculaba of course.

They're basically the same only the dark mech has the extra step of "put a demon in it"

So was Inferno so shit it killed the TS-SW antagonism? Because I don't see them arguing here anymore?

I read that in the style of "put a donk on it"

>what that needs, right, is a bangin' demon in it

All meme energy has transferred to /40kg/

>The Primarchs are his sons
No they are not. They are vat-grown homunculi. Freaks like Magnus, Russ and Sanguinius can't be even considered human.

>admech confirmed for being a bunch of scallys

>driving around the galaxy in a vauxhall corse with 3 hub caps and the exhaust removed

I'm telling you how the SM and the primarchs see themselves.

Words can hurt fag.

Girlyman doesn't feel that way towards the Ultramarines and he links himself to how the Emperor views the Primarchs. Tools and assets.