How could you ever possibly justify Space Marine vs. Space Marine in Warhammer 40k?

How could you ever possibly justify Space Marine vs. Space Marine in Warhammer 40k?

It makes no sense, and it should be forbidden on lore grounds.

Half the "loyal" muhreens are cunts that teamkill at the drop of a hat.

>both sides think the other is a traitor
>niether are

Welcome to the Unforgiven

Both sides are bound by ancient loyalty pacts to other feuding Imperial factions, such as the Adeptus Mechanicus (i.e. a chapter is loyal to a nearby forge world), a planet (where an ancient hero hailed from), a Navigator house (who provides most of the chapter's navigators), a rogue trader (who provided the chapter with some powerful artifact or lent them their fleet in a time of need), or a million other things!

One chapter is assisting an Inquisitor whose prying imposes on another chapter's domain.

One chapter's deep dark secret (such as Dark Angels Fallen, Blood Angels degenerate gene seed, a successor using traitor gene seed as its base, etc.) has been discovered by another chapter, and the one with the secret will not suffer their brothers' knowledge.

something something Leman Russ being tricked by Horus

Loyalist chapters fight all the fucking time if they have a good reason.
Like salamanders and marines malevolent just to name one example

Good reasons such as:
>"You are a heretic"
>"No you are the heretic here"
>

>Implying Russ was tricked
All he really wanted was an excuse to kill his brother.

>What are Minotaurs
>What are Marines Malevolent
>What are Dark Angels
>What is the Badab War
All of these were created specifically to justify marines vs marines in 40k.

Plot hooks from the 3rd Edition Daemonhunters codex. You can pretty easily swap out Daemonhunters for Space Marines in many of the ideas.

The ordo Malleus are assholes.

See Badab War, also Ultramarines hate Minotaurs and would gladly kill them on sight.

>"MY CHAPTER IS THE COOLEST"

"BUT MY PRIMARCH IS A WOLFMAN"

>"YEAH BUT MY SPACE MARINES RIDE MOTORBIKES REALLY FAST"

"MY PRIMARCH COULD BEAT YOUR PRIMARCH IN A FIGHT"

>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

The chapters are holding Wargames against each other - just like IRL allied militaries.

Get on my meta level plebs

Woah

I play Red Hunters and we (justifiably) team kill all the time

read Ben Counters grey knight books, they're assholes because Chaos are even bigger, trickier assholes.

Salamanders and Marines Malevolent fight because the Marines Malevolent have a complete and total disregard for the safety of civilians and often kill a lot of them in collateral and Salamanders are the kind of guys who go out of their way to keep civilians from being killed. Naturally fighting would ensue.

How could you ever possibly justify Humans vs. Humans in the past?

It makes no sense, and it should be forbidden on history grounds.

Heresy or some corruption that makes them think the others are enemies.

the same way you can lose entire systems to a rounding error. The setting isn't meant to be taken seriously, it's literally a clusterfuck of over the top 80's cliches.

Also,
>Chapters going renegade, whilst not fully falling to Chaos,
>Marines Malevolent
>Minotaurs
>"Training Exercise"
>(INSERT FLUFF REASON HERE)
>Badab War
>NOT!Badab War

Lamenters.

Fuck you Dan. I'm playing space marines too.

Spess killed other Spess in DOW2

training simulation

Wars have happened for less.

> Training simulation?
That would also explain the player's handwaiving things like how wind effects projectile trajectories.

>What was the Badab War?

Mind control magic from another plane of existence.

IIRC Minotaurs are just banned from entering Ultramar - although, who knows how this would hold up against a direct order by the High Lords of Terra. And with Guiliman back, one has to wonder what he thinks of all this. Probably nothing, since they fought against a chapter Forgeworld literally just made up for this very incident, and Forgeworld is completely ignored anyway
I mean, the Inceptors and Doom Warriors shouldn't have been complete idiots over something something MUH HONOUR, when there was a whole system they should bring to peace.

Considering literally every Space Marine player here plays Salamanders, it gets even weirder. I haven't heard of any chapter infighting since the Heresy.