What is the best job if you like to play RPGs ? Discuss

What is the best job if you like to play RPGs ? Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8I_Fm4gHGc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Something well paying and short on time constraints.

Possibly something like being at a NOC desk where you can fuck around and play RPGs online as long as you're present/at your desk/keeping an ear out.

I remember this thread. It was fucking awesome, and it's a disgrace that "the Veeky Forums gets shit done" screencap I saw passing around only shows the OP and tne first reply.

I honestly don't know if I'd enjoy playing with someone who can be called and have to leave at any moment.

Office drone.

>Consistent schedule makes scheduling games easy
>Monotonous no-risk job leaves plenty of time for thinking up gaming shit
>Generally acceptable levels of pay so you can spend money on dice/books/cards/plastic men and paints of you're frugal elsewhere.

I'd argue that some office jobs litteraly suck your soul and creativity out of you by the sheer monotony.

Hey Crazy 8s, "office drone" can also mean highly-paid manager/executive. Like me.

It's a shame we will never hear Menace's lyrics.

Too bad you couldn't make a better one instead of complaining about what someone else took the time to make, huh.

>"office drone" can also mean highly-paid manager/executive
No, it really can't.

youtube.com/watch?v=G8I_Fm4gHGc

What's the difference between some random mook processing customer demands in front of his computer and a manager compiling some bullshit performance indicators in front of his computer, besides the pay ?

I can't say I'm surprised.

Drone implies a low level of status and an inability to affect the company in any significant way besides a workplace shooting.

Night auditor at a motel if you like online games

In large companies, even if you are a manager there's so much inertia you can't change anything. One of the guy I play with is a manager in charge of a 300-employees strong R&D department and he can't change shit in any significant way.

"Drone" still implies a low level of status.

Hey there's very expensive drones you know.

It depends on the individual. Some people go completely bugshit doing that shit. Then there are people like me who literally get locked into a vault for their entire shift and have been okay with it for years.

One of them deals with customers, herding them towards product and soothing their feelings so they keep buying shit. The other deals with employees, herding them towards production/service and soothing their feelings so they keep making/selling shit. Both jobs suck if that's what you were getting at though, the humans are basically fungible machine parts.

I'm literally this but I feel like this would be a bad idea, I could get called away at any time to handle a guest. I just browse Veeky Forums and shoot the shit via messenger

In a former job of mine (it was in a factory with 5000 people on site) some of the paper pushers were litteral automatons. Even the robots in the fab were more pleasant to talk with and all they did was carrying boxes.

How was your day, Wally?

Robot: *beep boop* ^_^

Ha ha, right!

*later*

How's your day, Bill?

"I still need you to sign those non disclosure agreement forms and return them to my desk in triplicate before lunch."

I'm going to stab your eye out with this pen, Bill.

"And I need you to resubmit the expense report that was due last week and this time be sure to include a cover sheet."

Wally: *boop* :(

Gerty is sad that you got her name wrong. *beep* *boop* *bwooow*