>added steps to shooting and CC but somehow lauded as "simplified"
>termies still suck
>way too easy to get across the board
>close combat is a mess
>fluff hits new low with Deus Ex Machina and Mary Sues
>over complicated list building design
>le everything can hurt anything
>command points

8th confirmed for worst edition yet. At least I reckon I can get a pretty penny for the roughly 25,000 points of models I have.

tldr; this game is for babies now. GW wants to sell fischer price toys

People are going to storm in here accusing you of being a salty grognard/powergamer, but you're absolutely right. 8th is dull as ditchwater now. Even if the Codexes have more complex rules, it won't be enough to salvage how brutally the core mechanics were gutted.

Don't forget GW said they're too lazy to bother keeping track of anything and now, in addition to their already inconsistent fluff, they're now not even going to bother with timelines.
>Man Nigel, it sure is hard going coming up with a date and then looking up this chapter to see if we're written them up as doing anything.
>You're right Oliver! If only there was a way we could do even less work than we usually do.
>Pip pip cheerio Nigel, I have an idea, what if the Great Rift makes everything wibbly wobbly timey whimey so we can write anything we want without any research and if people are in two different places at once, oh well! timey whimy!
>Jolly good show ole lad! Let's go celebrate our new depths of laziness with some fish n chips!

Well, you just ran across the entire spectrum of British society and location in that somehow without once actually hitting Nottingham, but I do get the point. New fluff is a massive pile of dick and the rules are a tad too bland for my liking. Currently enjoying HH, though, which would be SO EASY to turn into "7e, but with all the good bits of 8th".

Also don't forget the "Teleporting Guilliman around to save all the people in two-paragraph segments! Excellent, I'm sure our entire playerbase not consisting of UM fans will LOVE that." and Cadia being defended by pissy little Skitarii and such instead of whole Baskilion and Ordo Reductor war clades and then somehow being conquered OFFSCREEN. Those were certainly highlights.

I don't think I will ever stop being butthurt about Hive Fleet Leviathan's biggest tendril suddenly poofing out of existence because of the Warp Storms, then all the damage they'd done reverted by Guilliman and his shitty Chadmarines.

That's just an excuse to have chaos tyranids in 4 years.

When did they say that?

But its fun

(((fun)))

That's cute, but
>Even if the Codexes have more complex rules, it won't be enough to salvage how brutally the core mechanics were gutted.

And those Chapter Tactics aren't even terribly interesting.

Boo hoo

the game is boring clunky shit

And yet 7th was still worse.

But at least the fluff wasn't awful. We've gone from good fluff with one type of crap rules, to crap fluff and another type of crap rules. There's literally no reason to play any more other than sunk costs.

CP are alright, but they don't fix the problem they were meant to solve.

We need a hard force org chart. The small incentives to play properly aren't enough to bring the game into line. You must take an HQ and two troops and up to three of anything else or you can't play FUCKING PERIOD!

I would also like templates back, just because hordes are a little too powerful without it and their is no way to balance the difference with the system they have.

USR are also going to have to make a comeback, if they want consistent balance as the game goes forward without a laundry list of errata.

Other than that I have no problems with the system as is and the fluff is shit, but it's imperial shit so idgaf.

>There's literally no reason to play any more

Then stop? Or bitch about it. It's your life man.

>templates
took to long and caused to many arguments.
Hoards are a touch of a problem, but they already have the means to fix that if they just follow their own examples.
Have some d3 attack become d6 against units with ten or more models, and d6 become 2d6 for the same.
Flamers do not need this change, getting the full d6 at max range more than makes up for the some times you would get 6+ if you got the perfect angle.

>no you can't play the army you like
>unless you go through a bunch of hoops and get formations we put out.
nah, I'll take incentive to play with more troops, rather than forcing people to take units they don't want.

>USR
or they could just have proper templating for rules. Which needed to be a thing under USR anyways. Having the rules be on the profile is better than having to consult the main rule book constantly.

>Then stop?

I did.

Good. /thread

>removed templates and blasts
stops arguments and saves time.
Should have applied the "bonus if targetting unit with 5/10+ models" more.
>no more facing for vehicles.
Kinda sad, but saves time, stops arguments.
>vehicles get stuck in combat.
Everyone can withdraw from combat now.
>movement stats
all on the stat chart with the other information.
>no USR
rules on the unit stat is better
>no meaningful cover or terrain rules
define your fucking terrain areas, and rules that apply to each.
>added steps to shooting.
what steps?
>termies still suck
much better than they were. 2+ not being just ignorable by a lot of things is huge. 2W is good.
>way too easy to get across the board.
matter of taste. I don't see this as a problem.
>close combat is a mess
it's really simple
>fluff
has always been mostly bad with some good bits.
>over complicated list building
It's really simple, and infinitely better than the formation and special detachment train wreck.
>everything can hurt everything
improvement. Means you might feel you're at a real disadvantage, but never that there is nothing you can do.
>command points
a good option with lots of design space.

"8th confirmed for worst edition yet." More realistically : 8th edition confirmed for worst Tabletop wargame ever conceived."
I wish I were kidding but the gameplay is unbearable dull , plodding and most of us long time players with fluff heavy / lore friendly armies are hosed.

>over complicated list building
welcome to rogue trader, baby

The only bad thing about the current listbuilding is how they stuck the points all together at the end of the book, rather than at the end of each army's section.

I genuinely hate to sound "extreme" in saying this but GW's utter betrayal leaves me no choice :
Anyone and everyone whom says "8th edition brought me back into 40k after X amount of years away... / I like the 8th edition." is either a liar due to buyer's remorse , a paid shill ,a GW employee , have yet to rewrite their army to witness how bad this game actually plays, or are a complete and total brain damaged window licker with SEVERE confirmation bias and psychological issues.

Screw 8th edition unless GW pulls a miracle out of God Emperor knows where ( as opposed to this latest trend of throwing us long time players/ customers under the bus that they seem to have pulled from Nurgle's toothy , cancerous , unspeakably disgusting sphincter.) and shows the community they actually care , I am going back to Horus Hersey / 30k under 7th edition rules.

This time replete with conversions to every model I ever built but with 3rd party bits and recasts so GW does not see a dime of my money .

I don't believe for a moment that 8th has brought back more than a handful of ex-players, but AoS brought a lot of ultra-casual players into the hobby who are going absolutely crazy for 40k being brought down to their level. So unfortunately it is proving to be a success, just not with GW's older players.

> a paid shill ,a GW employee
yeah, because GW has tons of employees and is just throwing money at people to say they like the game.
That makes way more sense than people like things you don't like.

then do so.

this is a thing now, embrace it or reject it, your choice senpai

AoS is mostly flagging as compared to expectations and as for those looking for simple games.. those new payers are in for some serious disappointment and a major shock when GW treats them like shit too.

>All this projecting
Your butt-hurt is overpowering your better judgement user. Maybe have a break and spend more time on something you enjoy.

Iv'e seen a LOT of shilling on the forums and on youtube , I can tell you the 8th ed rules are fucking awful form playing them, you can like what I don't like , good for you but ya have to admit the long time players are not the core audience GW is marketing to anymore.. they want people whom have no barometer to judge what is good and what is horse shit.
I am already converting My dark angels over to 30k /Horus heresy . thankfully pretty easy as most of my infantry is robed just have to strip convert and repaint .

Source your quotes

>Iv'e seen a LOT of shilling on the forums and on youtube
no, you've seen a lot of people who like what you don't like.
You're just so arrogant that you believe that the only way that's possible is if they were bribed to lie.

It was on a facebook post, but I didn't save the screencap. They basically said that time is no longer linear in M41.

It was honestly the worst piece of fluff they've ever written in a long while.
>Spend 3 years building up to the huge showdown between a tendril of Leviathan and the Blood Angels
>Warp falls, Tyranids die. Nothing they can do to try to stop it.
>Oh by the way, remember when we said that the thing that makes Leivathan unique is that it's fucking everywhere? We changed our minds, it's all at Baal with a single small tendril at Octarius. Leviathan is dead.

Sell me your models at below market rate, fag. No one cares if you leave the hobby.

good, I hope you enjoy playing the horus heresy, I've got a 40k blood angels army and the beginnings of a 30k blood angels army together and i am really just waiting for my forgeworld exclusive units.

I'm not going to stop playing 40k with my blood angels or my deldar because I enjoy the game

so lets agree to disagree about the state of the game, you do you and I'll do me.

Welcome to your first Warhammer edition transition.

>muh elitism
>muh mature game of toy soldiers for mature fucktards such as myself.
You're both the epitome of what is wrong with table top gaming in general

Go play Candy Land then.

i'll play games that give me fun. if that means getting new blood in and getting rid of the basement dwellers, then i'm all for it.

Ur a grognard for hating the new and dynamic 40k ! Besides everyone LOVES ultramarines Primarch and new REIVERS (C).

t: not-GW shill, honest :- )

i bet that took you 10 minutes to type out eh?

How is it that everyone who claims to have given up playing 40k can never seem to stop talking about it even after they ostensibly start playing something else? It's like they never actually quit at all and only want to wallow in their discontent.

Protip: In the amount of time OP made his spergfest here, he could've sold off his minis, bought a new game, and started a thread about that instead.

Love turned into hatred is a terrible thing. And when it's nerds and something they used to be passionate about it's 10x more obsessive and bitter.

truth. typically they're lives are so devoid of anything else, they feel more like a cheated on lover. which makes it even more pathetic.

Well, they've gotta learn that if they don't make a complete break with it, it'll be as if they never stopped playing it.

Oh, and just for reference: GW doesn't care how long you've been a customer because your money is no different from anyone else's. Without anyone to replace the long-time players when they inevitably either move on or snuff it, the game would've been little more than a preserved corpse.

And since they do in fact want to stay in business and get more customers, the simplified 8e approach looks like it'll be here to stay for a long time. If you don't like it, the 7e rules aren't going to vanish from the face of the earth so use those or whatever other rules you like instead. GW doesn't care as long as you keep buying its minis- and don't get your hopes up about 3d printers, people have been saying affordable ones will be out "any time now" for years, and I've yet to see even one that's vaguely affordable.

You'd love for that to be true, except there is no proof of it and actual proof of the opposite.

>Anyone and everyone whom says "8th edition brought me back into 40k after X amount of years away... / I like the 8th edition." is either a liar due to buyer's remorse , a paid shill ,a GW employee , have yet to rewrite their army to witness how bad this game actually plays, or are a complete and total brain damaged window licker with SEVERE confirmation bias and psychological issues.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you behind 'Finally having non-shitty faith powers after too long'. Not perfect but a hell of a lot better.

To all 8th edition players , Pictured is what Geedubs thinks of you New or old just started playing or have been playing since 40k was new.

you mean like any fucking business that has been in business for more than 5 minutes?

well let's see Privateer press ,mantic games and other successful tabletop wargaming companies don't try to fuck their consumer base constantly and even the group behind flames of war provide lube when attempting to buttfuck your wallet . Real nice paper thin argument you got going there.

>Privateer press
bad first example, man

like said, shitty first example. secondly, none of the others you listed are 30+ year old businesses with a dominant market share and constantly fighting to keep that share over the dozens if not hundreds of clones. like i said, it's a business and a business will do what it has too to get the money and keep it.

This times a million

>templates took too long and caused arguments.

What? In 15 years of playing warhammer I never had an argument about templates. What kind of man children were you all playing with? Fucks sake they were quick and easy.

Why are people complaining about GW targeting new players and making broken new units/formations to sell you more riptides/necrons/whateverthefuck like it's some new thing and hasn't been going on since at least 7th "Worst Edition" edition?

This , what bullshit Timmy the bitchy W.A.C.faggot powergaming compensation brigade reject disputes what's under a template ? they have been see through since 3rd edition.

because with the retardedly bad rules comes even worse fluff . Current day GW staffers , writers and playtesters must lay on their backs to have sex because they can only fuck up.

>>removed templates and blasts
All they did was cause arguments
>>no more facing for vehicles
Legitimate complaint, but that did lead to a fuck ton of arguments
>>vehicles getting stuck in close combat
No they don't, everyone can leave combat.
>>infinite different movement stats to memorize
That's a good thing, makes units more distinct.
>>no USRs
All they did was bloat the rules
>>almost no meaningful cover and terrain rules
Except that's wrong, there are more rules for cover and terrain in 8th's BRB than there was in 7th
>>added steps to shooting and CC but somehow lauded as "simplified"
Streamlined, not simplified.
>>termies still suck
Except that's wrong, way to show you haven't played a single game
>>way too easy to get across the board
No it's not, and combat being easier to get to is a good thing.
>>close combat is a mess
No it's not, it's more tactical and based on player choice and skill than ever.
>>fluff hits new low with Deus Ex Machina and Mary Sues
That began in 7th
>>over complicated list building design
If it's too complicated for you, then you must be retarded. Perhaps power levels are more your speed
>>command points
Are a great sustem that makes the game more interesting.

That's also been going on since 7th edition. Might as well buy into a non GW game and get it over with.

>All they did was cause arguments
This is the only thing I've never once seen and I've seen people argue about the most asinine shit. Not a single game could go by without somebody arguing about charge distance, facing or line of sight and the latter causes an argument every round. But templates? It's always been obvious to everyone I've played with. Even in Fantasy.

>>over complicated list building design

Really?

Compared to 7E?

>fluff hits new low with Deus Ex Machina and Mary Sues
>Deus Ex Machina
>in 40k

Who'd have fucking guessed? Praise the Omnissiah for your perspicacity.

The fluff was always crap, it just took you this long to realize it.

Now I might be a dullard but I honestly enjoy 8e.
As a Necron player i curbstomped 3 matches in 7th edition and didn't actually have all that much fun. Might be a faction problem, might be me. I have no clue.
But now Necrons got fucking GUTTET in the toys department; their most unique overlord having a simple binary option of either having a ress orb or a melee weapon (1 out of 2) instead of his ranged one.

>I still think the matches themselves are more fun now than the 3 I won i 7th a year or so back.

What is tottaly funny is t that morons like you shit all over GW rather then get on with your life. If i dont like some game - i dont come to a forum and bich how bad it is. You are just another poorfag - go bluewhale yourself

What I hate is how poorly all the rules interact.
Take chaos for example, Princes and knights got better, infantry got significantly worse, vehicles were brought inline with ridiculous monstrous creatures/superheavys but still kinda meh.

Reminder text.

This ain't RT. This isn't even 3.5.

But user, Necrons actually resurrect again. 8th is objectively better than 7th.

This isn't a forum summerfag , this is a chan , expect toxicity.

This nigger gets it!
>The lords and characters actually doesn'.

correction a chunk of the fluff /lore was appropriated from other stories ,by saying it's crap you're kinda throwing the stories the GW lore was cribbing crap ... g'luck with that.
the modern lore /fluff is crap because it's just pathetic mary sue mat ward wank fest material.

>being this bluepilled

set em on fire and make a video

Yes, user. Everything is a conspiracy.

It's not a "conspiracy" but I haven't so many people line up to suck a company's cock like this for putting out clearly rushed and inferior writing than I have here , someone challenges that status quo calling out Goy Workshop out for their insultingly bad handling of their IPand suddenly a whole bunch of people with confirmation bias and buyer's remorse pop out of the wood work like the good little mindless drones they are and act as is someone pissed on their mother's grave. It's pretty fucking pathetic honestly.

I like steak, Neo.

>unironically enjoying 8th edition

>someone challenges that staus quo calling out Goy Workshop

Fuck off you cunt, when have you ever NOT been crying about GW?

Lack of USRs is a problem because of GWs incompetence at writing rules. They were introduced to fix two problems, one of having to explain to your opponent what every weapon and unit in your army does every single game and the other of units and weapons with very similar rules functioning differently because of tiny wording differences or arbitrary decisions in FAQs.

GW Has repeatedly proven incapable of treating similar rules consistently, the only time there has been anything like consistency is when USRs existed. I agree that in theory they aren't necessary, but in practice GW can't be trusted to go without them.

My point made manifest. I'm not the only one here speaking up against GW , but yet here you come acting as if someone just took your waifu.

Hope you've invested in some good kneepads or you're going to have a hard time remaining ambulatory in your old age, champ.

Everyone I've ever played with or talked to have agreed that 8th is hands down better than the last three editions... so... salty walty much?

Everyone complaining should sell their armies on ebay for a nickle... that'll show gw and hurt their bottom line...

Except that it won't as it's not a lost sale for GW. and it's pretty clear you just want cheap mini's
It's a fast track for some foolish uneducated new 8th edition player and there's no law saying those with multiple armies can not just play horus heresy or any edition they chose to with friends.

The better solution to hurt GW's bottom line is just encourage players to visit the recasters and pick up the older rulebooks & codecies to play H.H. and the earlier editions while not being raked over the hot coals GW loves to spread out when it comes to prices on their minis.

>The better solution to hurt GW's bottom line is...
>just keep playing their game?
Go play something else.

Guild Ball Thread

you're playing somthing you enjoy which GW does not print anymore using no models form them ( remember recasters) and thus you don't have to put up with their BS . Should one choose to play something else go for it! I am just saying if you want to cost GW sale don't buy their materials. what you do is what you do. that choice is yours I was just giving an option for those whom once liked 40k before it's turned to absolute shit due to the rehiring of Matt Ward and other faffery.

>giving advertisement for a company's product and recommending it to others instead of just boycotting them altogether or promoting a competitor
>calling a company's non-mandatory pricing schemes a grievous act of torture

You're both dumb and a fag.

Funny how all the 8th love is gradually starting to be replaced with hate. It was only ever going to last so long, the game lacks enough substance to keep people interested.

Most people are fucking mouth breathing retards. Don't you ever go outside?

The last three were probably the worst three editions GW has done. 6/7 were trash and 5e was the worst of 3/4/5 for everyone except DEldar.

case in point anyone the toe headed cock whistlers who's been bending over backwards tog give GW the most detailed rim job they can, probably hoping they can get Primaris marines out of that pucker.

30k is gonna use 8e rules in the future user...

When it does you're going to see a drop off in players there too and it's going to be worse as the people whom have the money to spend on the forge world models aren't the type whim want GW's "simplification" as the majority of them are long time players pretty well steeped in the lore.
If /when that day does come it's going to both hilarious and tragic. Not as bad as say Reeehammer age of Skubmar , but it's going to slowly die screaming.

I genuinely enjoy 8th. It's faster and not as bloated.

>its a /pol/ babbies breaks containment thread

You probably enjoyed 4th edition Dungeons and Dragons as well as Age of Sigmar, it's O.K. Some people are born with special needs.

I could never get into any RPG's past character creation and I can't stand AOS.

8th edition seems to be designed for a more casual audience.

Good. I would rather play with casuals than hardcore shrieking neckbeards any day.