Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Leaked Chapter Tactics Edition

>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

First for something

SALAMANDERS

So which chapter tactics pair best with meme-lists like Stormraven spam?

BLACK TEMPLARS INTO THE FIGHT!

Second for posting the same pictures every time you contribute.

Is the ADL with quad-gun good? am I a cunt for wanting to use it @1000pts?

7th for why do I still play Black Templar when they only get worse with each edition.

Chapter Tactics:

Top Tier: Raven Guard, Salamanders

High Tier: Ultramarines, White Scars

Mid Tier: Iron Hands

Low Tier: Imperial Fists, Black Templars

we won't know until the codex is released

Multiple small units inside one of these bad boys

Any* as CT don't affect vehicles**

>* Iron Hands probably get a sweet vehicle stratagem
>** If the Ultramarine CT article is to be believed.

BS 5+ isn't great IMO (a lot of fliers have a -1 to hit which will even out the +1 bonus it gets against stuff with FLY). Might be good for gunning down what used to be jump units and skimmers as they have the FLY keyword too, but that very much depends on your local meta.

So with no word from FW on when or even if they'll do their tactics, what codex tactics would you recommend for the FW chapters?

FOR THE DARK CITY!!!

How good are Storm Eagles?

>what codex tactics would you recommend for the FW chapters?

1. Find Parent Chapter, and use theirs
Or.
A. Find Chapter Tactic that is a similar strategy and use theirs

If being able to ignore cover art-wide is low tier, then I fear playing the space marines between now and when my codex arrives

>DORK
FTFY

This.
We Orks now

Just give sharks Templar tactics and call it a day.

the Raven Guard CT fits Raptors even better than it does Raven Guard. Space Sharks take re-roll charges.

Every other chapter is lame so who gives a fuck.

Cover is shit this edition.

Hard to get and bonus is mostly negligible.

Id say raven guard for Mantis Warriors

Just use their progenitor's chapter for now, Raven Guard is pretty good for Sharks as you wont get shot as much and the stratagem can easily help you place an assaulting unit close enough so that you can move them and then charge. An user was always bitching about Red Brethren being super clunky to use, now he can use the stratagem to simply place a 10 man terminator unit on the board, move them and charge on turn 1.

So, are ork armies crap again now that marines can be impossible to hit with shooting (raven guard), impossible to outmanouver (white scars) or impossible to tie up in melee (ultramarines)?

>when they only get worse with each edition.

I find reroll charges better than Rage / Counter-Attack for 1 turn after losing dudes.

Oldie but a goodie : ^ )

All you need is to stick all your guys in a building or forest or behind a barracade. Not that hard at all. I mean, if your a tankguard at maximum spam then sure you got a problem but then, you already had a problem not fielding infantry in 8th.

All your guys.

Cover is all or nothing, which makes it hard to get.

You need to play with more terrain.

You just have to be touching terrain and it makes the most common unit in the game twice as durable.

Cover is applied to remaining models if you remove models out of cover when getting casualties.

>The image you post is used for the General OP
That aside, trying to decide which Chapter Tactic to go for my gunline Marine army after Bolter drill got the shaft.

Raven Guard seem the most defensive with fun deep strike stratagems, and IH is chunky as usual, but the UM one is now pretty in line with standing defiantly against a tide of enemies.

Hopefully the old stuff like Flamecraft and Adamantium will Templar come back at strats.

No you don't. Fucking Christ the rules are 12 pages just read them.

Should I paint my marines (mostly primaris) as Raptors or Mantis Warriors?

Most people are going to be running five man marine squads, which are pretty easy to get a cover bonus with.

Yeah, it's useless if you are running orks, but most people aren't.

I guess that's a problem with bigger units

lamenters

It's situational, certain armies it's great. Others it's a waste

>Anecdotal I know, but my meta we got Orks, Space Marines, Daemons, AdMech, Guard, Tau, and Tyranids.

>And since we play with Advanced Rules(?) Where non-infantry need obscurity to get a cover... really only the Space Marine player plays cover. Most others either use non-infantry (AdMech and Tau), use transports (Orkz), is impractical to get entire units in cover (Guardsmen and Tyranids) or don't benefit from it (Daemons)

>Line of Sight blockers tho. Are great.

So I can just ditch the gun and save some points, not too bad I guess. Do you know if it would be dickish to use at 1kpts? I dont wanna roll up in my shop with primaris and be a dick on top of that.

>Iron Hands get virtually useless and flavorless chapter tactics
Oh boy I am laffin, I hope the cucks have their whole expose in a half paragraph between pages of ultras and fists

Dude im going to use an Aquila Strongpoint at 60PL. Don't feel bad about an aegis, even at 500

>Wear flashy color
>Insane fixation with pain
>Ignore cover

6+ to save a wound is bland, but okay.

>Salamamders' tactic is absolutely amazing
>two free re-rolls for a Salamanders unit with this tactic - this means multiple units benefit from this every turn
>EVERY TIME they shoot or fight, so actually it's up to 4 rerolls per unit
>that's an equivalent of multiple command points each turn every turn for every unit for free
>holy fucking shit

VULKAN LIVES!
VULKAN LIVES!

BT tactic is good, what the fuck are y'all talking about?

I only play against BT, i'm gonna get my cornhole waxed with ultracoarse grit sandpaper.

>Flavorless
Nice B8 m8

>W-we'll get Gorgon's chain back as our Relic, just you wait and see!
Bandwagoners btfo again

Even better don dreddys

>raven guard
Da jump a blob less than 12" away

>white scars
bring shoota boys, overwatch

>ultramarines
they can't fall back if they're all dead

Yeah but you have to paint all your guys black, it's like they are cucking your miniatures.

6+ fnp cybernetics have been a thing since 4th you mong

>Bandwagoners btfo again
Considering how NuGW is jumping on the memetrain, we'll probably see a canon cataphractii terminator captain riding on a modified bike.

Wait I just read the White Scars article and it mentioned the rules applied to Dreadnauts.

WHEN DID WHITE SCARS START BEING OKAY WITH DREADS?

Mantis

Just because they dont like them doesnt mean they dont have them.

>Raptors or Mantis Warriors?

Definitely Mantistors although Rap Warriors could be okay.

models don't need to be entirely within terrain, just units. As long as the tip of your base is in terrain, the model counts as in terrain

Toe in is perfectly legal you fucking moron.

Thank god, I am terrified of being seen as waacfag and playing primaris as my first army will already brand me a noob.

>DeathGuardBikersCoughingInTheDistance.sic

>hey bro you don't mind if I use my custom model do you?

New World Eater and Emperor's Children models when?

>Rap Warriors
Oh does Ancient Dreadnaught Shakur still have PE Orks or is Warboss Biggie Smallz no longer Canon?

They'll probably just refluff as Salamander descendants or whatever else ends up overpowered.

Great with Raven Guard CTs!

One relic per chapter, with generic relics shared between chapters.

I've also seen this on normie book and that thing is ass fucking ugly.

>Codexes only getting released in English.
>Jap 40k community is going bonkers on twitter and 2ch because they can't read shit.
>TFW I'm fluent in 5 languages.

sure feels goot

Not soon enough

>>Codexes only getting released in English.
Source?

After plastic aspect warriors but before plastic sisters. So probably never.

Too bad your yiff start collecting is gone :^)

"within" and "completely within" are two different things in the rules.

"Within" just means some part of the model is in, like with terrain or most buffs from Captains and the like.

"Completely within" means every part of the model must be in range and no parts out of range. Like Kustom Force Fields.

>having marines modeled without helmets.

Don't worry, Japs, spacemarineheroes.com is launching any day now! :^)

What chapter tactics should I use for a Chapter that just focuses on getting shit done. Basically just; whatever is most effective for the mission, no matter how dirty or how dishonorable. (With a medieval theme)

Last edition I just used to switch around for whatever I felt like; but the Smurf chapter tactics actually look mildly in line with my chapter ethos.

Though I should probably use the Black Templars ones; as I copied the whole "knight and squire" theme for my recruitment and training structure.

Black Templars

its in september m8

and like $8 a model lol.

Okay, but here's my stormsurge.

>getting shit done, most effective for the mission
Iron Hands
>no matter how dirty or how dishonorable
Carcharodons
>medieval theme
Black templars

If they work in any way similar to how they did in 6/7th then Red Hunters are your bois

They will love lascannons and multimeltas in ther tacsquads.

Does Japs even have a decent size community ? 40k seems not quite popular there.

>What chapter tactics should I use for a Chapter that just focuses on getting shit done.

I'd say Salamanders is the most flexible, no match you'll ever not benefit from extra rerolls

Talk me down from the ledge. How is a reroll for charges even near the same level as giving all infantry fly, -1 to hit rolls targeting them, ignoring cover, a boatload of command point rerolls for hits and wounds, etc.?

Sounds like ultra tactics would fit the best. Ultramarines also have the most amount of successor chapters and very few are that close to the ultras themselves, the fluff would support an ultramarine successor more.

T'au, Nids or Orks - which one is the most poorfag friendly? Not for waac games - just want to run something casual
>inb4 ebay
Not a thing here so I have to buy from LGSs with ~20% discount on GW prices

Depends honestly.

Tho with the line:
>no matter how dirty or how dishonorable.

Imp Fists feels okay as they ignore cover.
Maybe using more "questonable" ammo.

Or just IH of 6+ to ignore Wounds, being
>can't die, got a mission to complete first.

its just 3 guys

Lies. Seen the price for the French version.

>nipponese ever indulging in inferior westernpiggu hobbies over their own home industries

No Shame!

>ywn play with any three of the japanese 40k nerds

Because rerolling charges means you reroll both dice, using a command point only lets you reroll 1 of them. When you're charging 7 units in one phase its super worth it.

>just 3

Tau.
SC for then is great as buying either the suits or fire warriors alone is retarded.