Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>FBI_CIA_NSA_WTF__The_Handy_Guide_To_Alphabet_Agencies.knwsft
>Working_for_Suits__Etiquette_Warnings_And_Tips.trid
>Brackhaven_hired_Runners_To_Sabotage_Other_Candidates.news
>007_Remastered_Full_Collection.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 583 (8% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Mr. Smith told us you are a reliable asset. We have a possible errand for you and your team.'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Office_Work.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Government Edition
How powerful are governments in your games?
Mere playthings of the Megas?
Equal players on the field?
Or are they even more powerful than the AAAs?

Hey Yekka small little bug to report on 5193169:

Choosing the "Wild Hunt" Mentor Spirit crashes Chummer.

>How powerful are governments in your games?
Depends, some are equal, some are more powerful, and some are just tools.
Yet the ones that are "equal" are so heavily influenced by bribes and donations from the corps that you can hardly call it being equal anyway.

Jesus I misquoted first post instead of OP. I suck.

I remember reading the setting for the Cyberspace RPG and being somewhat baffled by the US government being presented as competent/powerful. I guess I was just used to Shadowrun.

Any of them ever try to start a war with a megacorp? That'd seem kind of an interesting scenario.

Amazonia fought a war with Aztlan, if that counts.

I mean it should count, Asstechnology is basically the Aztlan goverment.

Depends. We're playing in Germany, where certain States like Westphalia, Pomorya, the Troll Republic of Schwarzwald and the Military State of Saxony are pretty powerful. Hamburg, where our group is currently active, is faltering in its traditional anti-corp stance. While it still upholds independence, the defence is wearing down to the point where some Megacorps are starting to claim territory in the Southwest of the city.

While we're on the topic of Chummer: the GMC Phoenix is misspelled Pheonix.

Then yeah, there are countries that are capable and sometimes willing to fight wars with AAA megas.

Though, those countries are probably fewer than AAAs.

I can imagine the Scandi Union being willing to fight a AAA corp if the corp did something detrimental to them. They do have that hardcore "We are in control not the corps" attitude.
Less certain how capable they would be to do so though.

I've seen street level come up often enough, but has anyone ever played a Prime game? I feel like I've never heard someone mention one here.

Pic related, a little.

I was a player in one some two years back. Lasted for three months of weekly playing and was rather intense. We reached a stage where getting initiative was paramount, even more so than in normal rounds since the firepower of most enemies and ourselves was more than enough to take out most common opposition (or us) in one combat round or less.

We ran against S-K, directly fucking with the golden slugs investments and the two runners that made it out fucked off to spess in fear of retaliation.

It varies. The various South American governments are more or less all corporate owned, but the more secretive US alphabet agencies still act as if the US never split (in the CIA's case, the fact that it's illegal for them to operate in the United States of America is a boon for them when they're still operating in the UCAS and the CAS) and have conducted no small number of shadow wars against the Big Ten over their practices and operations in the US. In Japan, the imperial family has been pretty good at putting their foot down on corporate overreach and regularly hire shadowrunners to enforce their will when an official statement won't do. And Hong Kong is such a melting pot of government and corporate influences that it's hard to tell who's running what.

New possible gm here.

Am I insane, or is their a 5e Rules Index? Like a condensed rule set with only rules, no rules hidden in fluff? The main rulebook sucks so much, and I swear I saw one at a FLGS.

In my campaign, the Governments and the Corps both require each other to survive, as many of the goals that both have overlap with each other. Examples of this would be how the UCAS military is Ares Macro's largest customer, and without them they'd have to find another country to become the sole supplier of arms so that they can make up for the massive deficit. On the flip side, Ares is one of the largest money makers for them, so there is no way in hell they are going to lose them to anybody, especially not to the fucking Confederacy.

There's Quickstart rules but that's hardly exhaustive. The best place to get a no-bullshit summary of the rules is probably the fan-made superbook and the cheat sheets all in the pastebin. The Superbook is getting out of date though, since the original author abandoned the project.

Look in the pastebin. There are some very very useful Rules summaries for you to download there.

How different would the world of Shadowrun be if the Ghost Dance was stopped before completion. If a bunch of butt hurt natives didn't kill hundreds of millions through the mana spike (I blame them helping VITAS to spread because of the spike) and the direct destruction.

How much better would be the world be if then?

Follow up from Forbidden Arcana; I just went to this weird astral place and helped build a bridge from skulls and guts. Just who or what was on the other side?

>Just who or what was on the other side?
most likely horrors
thanks for dooming us all

>Just who or what was on the other side?
Unicorns and Rainbows since everything always works out for the best in the sixth.

I don't know what your talking about, I've always looked like this? *They* let me know we've always been this, and they have so many more things to share with me. If only I can build that bridge within my own soul...

Sir? Far from me to overstep my boundaries, but you seem to have something stuck in your soul.

It depends on the country. Some are insignificant, some are major players. Canonically, for example, Ares gets more than half of its revenue from UCAS and CAS military and law enforcement contracts. Some nations have tremendous power, even compared to the AAAs.

But for every nation able to play with the big dogs, there are a dozen that are mere puppets to the megas. Just look at Hong Kong.

It's fine, we'll just build Kaers again. Plus, this time we'll have internet and computers, it won't be that bad.

Can I go Fullmetal Alchemist if I let my ally spirit inhabit a suit of armor, and will I be fucking invincible if I wear it?

>Keping more than one easily controllable Spirit that close to you
>In combat

Chunky Salsa

That's what I get for assuming CGL spellchecks their shit. Should be fixed in the latest build. Also, yay, finally got scheduled builds behaving again.

literally just an Arma 3 paintover

You're just an arma 3 paintover!

jetplanes normally don't shoot at footsoldiers - either the pilot is bored out of his mind or the folks on the ground really fucked up

>butthurt natives

They were being put in concentration camps, user. Trail of Tears 2.0, now with added Holocaust flavor.

That's categorically not true.
Harlequin is still around.

>What is Close Air Support?

>What is what US warplanes and drones have been doing for 16 years now.

Come on user.

>Harlequin is still around.
The immortal, god-like elf from the fourth world? What's next, you gonna claim it's perfectly fine to do deals with Dragons since Hestaby is just fine?

Get off the BTL's Omae, your parents are worried

I was implying that Harlequin being around meant that everything wasn't unicorns and rainbows.

Please be patient with

It's tired, I'm late

hot

Modern art with a little social commentary instead of people crying at single-color canvases for their beauty. Rare, but very welcome.

Would you fuck a dragon for nuyen?

Metahuman or Dragonform?

The answer is no

yeah but who'd have enough nuyen

Depends on how old it is and how much I'd have to pay

>Not fucking a Dragon for free

Are they in a metahuman form or dragonform. My social adept would do it to gossip on the matrix later.

She spends too much time following gossip on dragons.

I'd do it for DocWagon Super-Platinum Service. Up front.

But that's already in the OP
>Shoot straight
No one wants to get semen in their eyes
>Conserve your ammo
Don't masturbate excessively
>And never ever cut a deal with a dragon
Don't accept sexual advances from a dragon.

Whore

user, planes drop bombs.
You are thinking of gunships.
Which are not boats.

>Doing anything for free in the sixth world
Hey sib, want to come on my next run? It's totally a hood. For sure. Think of all the poor sinless.

Hello yes, this is BRRT, how do you do?

Also, the Harrier had a 25mm gunpod instead of 20mm for ground targets y'know?

Those don't do diving runs, user.
They're good to sit at a billion miles up and blat away.

>Goalpost shifts from jets not shooting at footsoldiers
CAS
>Goalpost shifts to 'lol bombs, no gunz'
A-10
>Goalpost shifts b-but they don't dive in
Yeah no, you can fuck off now chummer. The original contention was that jets don't shoot at infantry and that has been disproven.

Metahuman since their dragon cocks and or pussies will either rip you apart or crush your bones. What would your character post? "OMG, just fucked a guy with golden skin who said he was pretty high up in Saeder-Krupp. Isn't Lofwyr a golden scaled dragon? Holy shit, did I just fuck Lofwyr in metahuman form?"

>gunships

Well, if she was knowingly fucking a dragon in its metahuman form, she'd either gush about how good that dragon cock/pussy is or complain that dragons suck at sex, no wonder there are so few drakes.

A-10's not a gunship dumbfuck, it's an attack jet. You're either talking about the colloquial attack helicopter or the AC-130. You know, stuff that uses guns for the main armament? As in, the definition of gunship? A-10's gun is supplementary, not primary.

See that look? He kinky

Who's her favorite dragon?

>the thing designed around brrt doesn't use it

Just take the (You) and go dumbfuck.

He does an awful job at pretending he works for himself. Talks about the events of previous worlds and dragonkind like they're common knowledge. Refuses to say he's his own servant. It's all a dead give away.

>Hack writers trying to write a V:TM:B Kain
What did you expect?

Still, it was nice to have him show up, even though I just told him to fuck off as clearly as the game allowed me to. I don't know how much clearer I could have made my disdain for Dragonkind after giving over a Dragons body and soul to an AI to have fun with.

She had an experimental weapon she'd stolen, then had stolen from her by SK when her party was captured for changeling research.

So she likes to see how spats with Lofwyr end up and roots for Alamais! She likes to shit talk Lofwyr alot.

So there is a section that recommends speeding up combat by treating ranged attacks as Success tests instead of Opposed tests, but would people enjoy playing the type of combat where you don't really have a chance to defend yourself?

Ask your players...?

your chance to defend yourself is called higher Initiative

I think it depends on how important it is that combat is quick
If it it top, then these people most likely see the lack of defensive roll as a necessary evil
if it isn't, then you can just remove soak rolls. Still cuts out one roll (from 3 to 2) but keeps some rolls on your side

>Not siding with Vauclair
Cuck.

Depends on your group I guess. We use it for our round simply due to the process being a game in and of itself otherwise. Attack roll, Defence roll, armor/body roll, damage is clunky as hell and constantly dodging bullets with my Rigger is also unfun.

We've also reduced the damage roll to just armor, since it doesn't fucking matter how tough you are when someone whacks you with a club or hits you with a bullet. There's still only 7 layers of skin between that bullet and your squishy bits.

Eh, I'd say they wrote him well. They weren't trying to make him Cain, who was content with driving a taxi and hanging out with Jack for the rest of eternity. Lofwyr was a proud jackass and it only makes sense he couldn't really sell himself off as a wageslave. I took up his deal at the end of Dragonfall despite me giving control of the dragon to APEX because of money. If he tried anything I could just get APEX to wreck his shit with Panacea.

Enjoy getting tentacle raped by the horrors.

Not letting some crazy dude fuck over my city is cuck behavior? Check your neural pathways, Omae.

While I agree that APEX can wreck Lofwyrs shit, I don't think you can tell it what to do. APEX was pretty bro though, mowing down hose convergence morons all day erry day.

No one's getting tentacle raped, their patterns will just be corrupted until they go mad and cause suffering to those around them to increase the background count enough to attract more horrors who will just devour you whole to suck out your essence.

>side with Vauclair
>get soul vored
What's the downside?

Man, all good answers to my question.

>Ask your players...?
Group I'll be running soon is mainly people new to Shadowrun, and although the one guy that has experience does agree it slows things down.

>We've also reduced the damage roll to just armor, since it doesn't fucking matter how tough you are when someone whacks you with a club or hits you with a bullet.

Yeah the houserules I've written up exludes the Bod+Armor roll too, in favor of just flat armor and Bod giving more CM boxes, I'm just afraid of gimping melee completely for people who don't go full tank.

Please. Everybody knows that the writers only wrote that ending so bleakly because they were butthurt that so many people wanted to be able to agree with the heroic dragonslayer and rid the world of a great evil instead of meekly accepting their slavery under giant firebreathing lizards.

>my city
Don't let the "anarchists" you lord over from your lair in the sewers hear you talking that way, chummer.

Still stands. Ask them if they want the rule or not. No reason not to.

>dragons
>at all of a worry
Just kill them with a skynet if you are feeling grumpy. Not hard.

>I'm just afraid of gimping melee completely for people who don't go full tank.
Just give melee the option to use a simple action for an attack and you're golden. At least it worked for us.

>Still stands. Ask them if they want the rule or not. No reason not to.
Huh, yeah you're right. I guess the question is the same no matter the system. Thanks.

>Just give melee the option to use a simple action for an attack and you're golden.
As in they get to do two attacks each round or what? Also how did your group feel about Reaction not playing a part in combat aside from initiative?

Also on a similar note, would increasing the difficulty to hit someone that is moving if he has Wired Reflexes or something of that sort be a reasonable thing?

Reaction is already used for the Dodge pool, so just set the Threshold to hit equal to the average hits that goon would have on their Dodge pool. PR1-2 would have 2-3 , PR3-4 would have 3-4, etc.

The answer, as always. Only in a loving relationship involving two consenting adults where the appropriate forms had been filled out, signed, duplicated, archived, and encrypted.

This poses a good question. Are any of the Great Dragons in commited relationships?

I think Perianwyr is.

The United States wouldn't have balkanized and Megacorps wouldn't have had leverage to demand extraterritoriality

Rather than Shadowrun, you get Cyberpunk 2077. With elves.

Yekka, I cant seem to find the default HK-XM30 in Chummer, and all the variants have no price. Is this intentional or an oversight?

15F, check availability filter.

Its intentional because your gunfu is shit

SHIIIIIIIIIT

Sounds much better.

WHY exactly were they putting NA's in camps again...?

Weren't they already in them?

Plot reasons.

I mean reservations are shit but that's half the natives fault because they're completely self governed.

Fallout from the Seretch Decision, essentially. Native American lands were reappropriated by the government, as various megacorporations began swinging their extraterritorial dicks around and wanting more land.

>With their new freedom, the corporations of North America increased their exploitation of the continent’s resources with a vengeance. In what the media dubbed “The Resource Rush,” corporate coalitions demanded and were granted access to oil, mineral, and land resources on federal lands. Again, and again, in the years of 2002-2008, the government invoked the right of eminent domain to bring property under its control, only to license its exploitation to a corporate sponsor. Taking the brunt of this landgrab were the Indian reservations and federal parklands.

>Conservationists and Indian-rights groups expressed their shock and disgust, though corporate influence and paramilitary power made it dangerous to object. Angry and frustrated, the more radical elements founded the Sovereign American Indian Movement (SAIM), whose roots traced back to the Indian-rights struggles of the twentieth century.

>The growing tension and hatreds finally erupted in 2009. On May 5, United Oil Industries announced that it had acquired the right to exploit the petrochemical resources in one-quarter of the remaining federal parks and one-tenth of the Indian lands, which the government had just confiscated. SAIM reacted immediately. A small band entered the Shiloh Launch Facility in northwest Montana, capturing a missile silo. To this day, no one knows how the raiders managed to bypass the security patrols, but once inside the missile silo, they met up with John Redbourne, a USAF major and a full-blood Dakota Sioux. After knocking his partner unconscious, Redbournce took the man’s keys and codes to unlock the launch failsafes.

>Indian Lands
>Resources

Germans think we gave the Natives any lands with resources in them

Germans think we made parklands out of any lands with resources in them

Newsflash, the Ooooohhhhnly place in the United States where this could even come close to being practical or true is Alaska, because oil pipelines. And that's just pipelines, the natives don't have land with Oil in it - we took all that shit. They're just in the way of a pipeline.

Federal parklands are literally just big forests and marshes. There's nothing useful there except lumber, which is hardly worth seizing.

Look for the Superbook in the pastebin. Not official, but it's exactly that.