What is a heroic/epic fantasy game with "gritty" combat

What is a heroic/epic fantasy game with "gritty" combat

i know some people here think gritty is a buzzword so just replace it with difficult/lethal combat or other word of your liking

WHRP/40KRP

Mythras, Classic Fantasy Supplement.

Dragonquest. You better get good at ambushing and avoiding ambushes, or you will almost certainly die of one of the wounds you'll inevitably take getting infected if you do have a stand up slugfest, even if you win.

GURPS Dungeon Fantasy coupled with Martial Arts.

Mythras

Exalted

MYTHRAS IS BETTER.

YOU WANNA FIGHT?!

I was thinking in using gurps lite+dungeon fantasy, why i am wrong mythras guy?

how fast is the game combat?

yes you are wrong about everytihng kill yourself

no, explain yourself faggot

make me nigger

Kind of middling fast. On one hand, you don't have a plethora of abilities, and most spells are useless in combat, so you don't have a lot of people flipping through the game guide trying to remember what half their skillset does and what the best option is.

On the other hand, combat is very positional, for lack of a better word. A high level character will be in trouble if a low level character attacks him from behind with that huge +30% to hit, and most of what a higher level fightery type gets isn't so much more accuracy and damage, but more ability to control where and when the fight happens and position himself to get back attacks more frequently. So if you allow it, and you want your players to live, you spend a lot of time calculating positions and paths to the enemy.

Sorry user, you've been arguing with a troll. As for why you would choose Mythras over GURPS...

GURPS' greatest strength is its Granularity. It's also it's greatest weakness. Each rule has to be self-sufficient unto itself in order to work cohesively when combined with every other rule from every other supplement. This means that each and every rule and ability tends to have a lot of brevity, which makes it suffer from the biggest problem every RPG always has: Getting Players to read and remember the damn rules!

Mythras, by comparison, is a Modular system, where you add and remove sets of rules to create the system to that generate and enforce the game and story. It's easier to get players into it, on the whole, and through various supplements, it honestly delivers a better fantasy experience, which it's geared for by default.

bump

L5R

Have fun getting oneshotted by the one goblin in the back who threw a javelin at you.

GURPS gives you really gritty and lethal combat. If you use optional rules from Martial Arts, it even more gritty.

Rifts. One reason: Mega damage

would you say mythras does combat faster?

does rifts haves a fantasy setting?

this
the wound chart, just look at them
all the possibilities ...

Shadow of the Demon Lord got the feel down and isn't d%, which makes it instantly better than most of the recommendations this thread.

the setting

>" isn't d%"

How does needing only two dice for the entire game make it worse?