Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Food Edition - What do your characters like to eat? Are there any kinds of food they're good at making? Have you every played a chef, cook, or other food-maker? Have you ever seen magical food or drink come up in a game?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/animal-companions/animal-companion-archetypes/charger-companion-archetype/
youtube.com/watch?v=MMSmi8ZOSno
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/specific-magic-armor/rhino-hide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shit, I thought the last thread got deleted or something. I guess we don't need this one though, because I can see new posts in the old one now.

No but I can feel it this time. Fewer and Fewer apps get submitted. It can't be long now.

The dawn may not come, our sun set forever. But until we know the truth of this, let us dance the dance of the high-powered apps, one last time!

What

(You)
Well, since its Epic, and not as constrained, I guess I'll just skip to more simpler advice: Feats and Archetypes.

For archetypes for PAladin to stack with Shining Knight, I higly reccomend taking somehting that removes casting, so you can make the most out of Mammoth Rider's Mistrust of Magic ability, and gain increased resistance against all 3 branches of magic. Saddly, the only 1pp archetype that is compatible is Warior of the Holy Light, but it should be cool being able to shoo lasers while riding a Mammoth or other large celestial creature, plus the ally bonuses from your light will help boost the strength of your monster.

Next are archetypes for your Animal Companion. Now, Charger seems like it might work well for your purposes d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/animal-companions/animal-companion-archetypes/charger-companion-archetype/
Since it gets bonuses for charging and can wear barding more efficiently, meaning BETTER armor for your Mammoth (especially if you splurge on some nice enchanted Mithril barding)
Plus, if you decide to interrupt Paladin for a 2-level dip in Cavalier, now your Mount can get Challenge bonuses. If you choose to take this path, you can either go for Emissary or Gendarme to reduce the tax on Mounted Combat. Combine with a good Order for you and your companion (like Dragon or Beast(ACG)) and you and your buddy can just stomp people into paste

Now for Feats. Mounted combat is of course necessary, as are the utual Power Attack and other things for Str combat. Protector's Smite will be good to allow your companion to also benefits from your Smite's AC Bonus, but only against smaller enemies that can't jump up and smack you in the face. Smite Evil Magic is also fun since its essentially a Spell Sunder, but much ore expensive, so if you do take this feat, save it for special occasions. Adept Champion could help you you are Smiting and want to Overun

>all intrigue applicants so far are qt girls
Who is going to make the guys who will bully them, /pfg/?

Just wait until Starfinder comes out. Kitsune Spacetube stars everywhere.

Then, when the mecha rules come out, Giant Kitsune SpaceTube stars

I can't cook, so I usually go with a character who writes or performs instead.

That said, I am playing a character who bakes! His skills are rusty, his recipes the stuff of peasantry, but he makes sweet treats and hearty biscuits with love!

Okay, I was looking at the Carnal Crown apps, and I noticed something. There are 13 apps for it currently, and running down the list of them you have

>4 "normal apps"
>1 tiefling app, 1 dhampir app, 1 kobold app, 1 dullahan app, 1 evil aasimar app, 1 people-eating rougarou app, 2 skinwalker apps, and 1 drow app

I know Carrion Crown is meant to be a spoopy AP, but it's seeming like the entire party will end up being some degree of monstrous. If a dullahan, a skinwalker, a drow, and a tiefling all strolled up together to the gates of a town, is there any reason at all that the torches and pitchforks shouldn't be coming out and a terrified, terrifying mob forming within minutes?

Is intrigue voice or text?

I'm bogged down, so I can't make time to bully.

Depends on preferences of players.

I am debating what character I was to make. A serial killer vigilante is very high on my list.

All the dick distributors are full with games!

You can always find time to bully, user!

What about DHB, he still has time right?

I already have three games (one of them being with irl buds) and a bunch of other stuff. I would really be stretching it.

>I know Carrion Crown is meant to be a spoopy AP, but it's seeming like the entire party will end up being some degree of monstrous. If a dullahan, a skinwalker, a drow, and a tiefling all strolled up together to the gates of a town, is there any reason at all that the torches and pitchforks shouldn't be coming out and a terrified, terrifying mob forming within minutes?
This. The people of Ustalav are incredibly superstitious, insular, and xenophobic, and the town of RAvengro is no different. Heck, Imrojka the Iconic Inquisitor's backstory makes it clear that the fact she wasn't killed as an infant is incredibly rare for anyone with Orcish blood in Ustalav

If this party were to show up, a lynch mob would form within a mere matter of minutes

>kinwalker, a drow, and a tiefling
>skinwalkers have human forms
>most people on Golarion don't know what drow ARE
>people aren't "pitch fork and torch" hateful of tiefling

What makes you say that?

So the question is, should things be played straight with a party of mostly humans plus maybe another core race or two, or should the DM purposefully make a monster party so they can struggle to find acceptance, get ran out of town a couple times, and eventually prove themselves to all the Ustlavic haters?

Really? Really? Are you sure about that? Because I think you might be wrong. They get an even worse wrap than half-orcs if their fiendish features are prominent, I'd think.

In Ustalv they are. A black skinned elf would be killed BECAUSE they have no idea what it is.

Tieflings, to most people, are literally the spawn of demons, daemons, and devils, you'd be hard pressed to find somewhere that doesn't treat them poorly.

She likes to eat everything! She's pretty used to military rations, so anything that isn't rations is gratiously accepted. She has a custom drawback that triples her food intake, so she eats a shitload, but she doesn't actually know how to cook. Luckily one of the party members does and we have a Cauldron of Plenty.

Yes I'm sure about that. They're treated badly but not killed on sight badly like you're trying to suggest. Very few things on Golarion are "kill on sight" material.

Does Rory drawfag?

In Ustalav you're wrong. In Ustalav being a deformed human is kill on sight worthy.

Itsuko isn't bad... just hampered by the restrictions that come from being an NPC.

Their philosophy and backstory require setup, and aren't immediately obvious from their actions. Which means they're difficult to properly present, and make distinct, in a limited time frame. Although I can think of a couple ways to do it later on...

As an antagonist.... eh? Itsuko isn't going to provide any sort of challenge on a social/intrigue front, and putting a PC-tier gunslinger up against the party is just a shit idea in general; since a single die roll can take a character from full health to dead-dead.

Wasn't there a Cornucopia of Plenty item at some point or am I dreaming

Undead and Fiends, probably oozes too.

>you'd be hard pressed to find somewhere that doesn't treat them poorly.
Poor treatment isn't the same as getting lynched.

>In Ustalav you're wrong. In Ustalav being a deformed human is kill on sight worthy
Show me where this is written 'cause last I checked ustalav was just a bunch of varisian fucks getting their asses reamed by vampires.

If a half-orc in Ustalav is typically "kill on sight," why wouldn't a Tiefling? Not all countries are like Andoran, user. Some places are simply different, and it's these quirks I think are terribly overlooked when discussing the setting.

Orcs are in Ustalav, including Half-Orcs
In Ustalav, the only nonhuman who can get by are Dwarves, Halfling, Half Elves, and the ones that don't look any different from Humans like Changelings and Dhampir.

Ustalav is basically Puritan New England meets Gothic Germany/Romania. If it looks like the Devil sent it, it gets hanged

In Ustalav especially near Gallowspire they're probably getting lynched or killed by a royal enforcer. Or shit a sleepless detective comes after them.

Carrion Crown player's guide literally says half-orcs and dhampirs are viewed and treated as monsters in Ustalav. To me, that line means that some places in Ustalav may go so far as trying to kill them just for existing. Why would a tiefling, which if anything they would be even less familiar with (and probably more suspicious of) be any different?

#TieflingLivesMatter

Half-orcs are kill on sight in Ustalav according to the iconic inquisitor's backstory. If you're telling me the spawn of orcs is but the spawn of demons isn't then you're just purposefully trying to be full of shit.

Reminder to treat your elves well. They need their daily dose.

>Ustalav is equal parts noire fiction, vampire novel and haughty aristocracy

Jesus Christ why is this country so COOL? What are some that overlooked nations that are extremely fascinating?

>when her ears move from one panel to the next
AAAAAAA WIGGLY ELF EARS

Why aren't people flooding Carrion Crown with the edgiest monster apps the chargen allows for? A chance at monstrous party having a romp through fantasy Transylvania sounds too good to pass up.

Because you need to become the inseminated, duh?

As someone who's played an ustalav campaign. It really isn't cool. It's quite boring once you get past the comically retarded peasants and vampires.

I'd apply to a Carrion Crown game but I don't ERP and it seems more like an inevitability than a suggestion with that name.

Being chased by lynch mobs is not fun. If you're going to be a Monster, then at least take the steps to properly hide it, like a Hat of Disguise or something

I want DHB so bad...

It was made specifically for ERP and lewdshit. The GM said that's why they were making it.

>tfw you game with furries so much that you start to love them
>the cringier it is the better
>can't wait to see who makes the next Ow The Edgehog the baddest darkest dude
>looking forward to the next inappropriate insertion of a terrible fetish that has nothing to do with being furry but somehow intersects with them all the time
>impatiently expecting this month's Custom Race pitch whose X changes color, which are actually getting more well-made with time (except when they try to bog them down with extra systems and show-stopping mechanics that change repeatedly in play, I can't seem to correct that inclination)

What's your favourite awful thing /pfg/? Do you secretly want to play as teen vampire fiction piece #4391? Tragically kind-hearted drow? Whaddya got?

>it gets hanged

Burned at the stake or violently killed for resisting and then having its corpse burned on a pyre, you mean.

So we need some more DIAMOND DOGS? Also actually, who is the DM for the game? Is it just someone's alt account because I don't recognize them.

I love it when people try to bully your character, especially if it's for some petty reason or even unprovoked.

>What's your favourite awful thing /pfg/?
Pathfinder

Then you'll fit right in here. Almost none of us really think Pathfinder is a great system, we just don't like it when people come around going YOUR GAME IS SHIT PLAY 5E.

I love the brooding sorta-edgy loner types, but I understand that it either shoves all the responsibility of roleplay to the other partymembers/GM or completely falls flat.

I've seen many awful things, but I must say the one that always makes me laugh the most is the person who was secretly a goddess.

The one NPC who tearfully betrays the PCs and stands against them after having helped them for most of the campaign.

youtube.com/watch?v=MMSmi8ZOSno

RIP Iron Gods reviewanon.

Ok, shining knight and Warrior of the Holy Light, got down.

I was thinking with the mammoth, I'd give him armour feats and give him Rhino Hide: d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/specific-magic-armor/rhino-hide/

Is that a good idea?

>CN "no sense of right or wrong" magic users, especially those with a strong focus in enchantment
>Gestalt, but only when there's 3 or fewer PCs, which I still have YET TO FUCKING HAVE HAPPEN WHY DO ALL THE GESTALT GMS RUN SIX PLAYER GAMES WHAT THE FUCK

I don't follow celebshit too closely and lewdshit games don't interest me, so I have no clue who this person is. Probably just wants some lewdshit with whoever is willing. The threads are pretty thirsty, so they probably figured it'd be easy to get it recruiting here.

Reviews started pretty late last night, didn't they? Don't worry, there's still hope!

Anyone ever play a Croupier?

Would you want a high-level Mythic Gestalt campaign with 3 players?

Those GMs are probably psychopaths wishing RIGHT NOW that they were running games with 12 players.

I want to play a Chaotic Neutral Kitsune sorceress enchanting people with her fluffy tails!

Well, I know it's not got as much hype behind it but how about some Carnal Crown reviews? I said I'd do some yesterday. Who should I start with?

How would you stat the Burnt Ivory King from Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin: The Ivory Crown?

Assume first party and Path of War including Expanded is allowed, with Gestalt open to debate!

Roll for it, user.

t. Startoad

Karihem

Zaaz, please!

Now that Star is gone, who else do we need to go before the cabalcord(s) merge back with the public one?

>Touching Mythic with a 5-foot pole

If it were heavily pared down to maybe just basic path abilities and had all the specific paths gutted out, then... Maybe? If it had a premise that really grabbed me, with players and a GM I already knew?

nice meme my friend, a fine post

Oh fuck, did Zaaz return after his Ensoulment debut?

What did Zaaz make for Ensoulment?

I think it's a reference to Startoad "running" a 3-man gestalt campaign because he was tired of the 6-man gestalt campaigns flying about.

Quickest solution? Some build that enters into Landsknecht using medium armor and a one-handed weapon. Zweisent Warder using Scarlet Throne into Landsknecht doesn't seem like too bad a deal. Ordained Defender if you want to do a faith build and meme it up but it's not required.

Alternatively, to represent his buffs, Warsoul Soulknife.

>What did Zaaz make for Ensoulment?

Zaaz.

who

>What did Zaaz make for Ensoulment?
Zaaz. Zaaz only makes Zaaz.

He literally made himself.

What's notable about Zaaz.

Probably for the best, yeah. please not Kai or Thessa, not for the first one, please

dice+1d13

1 Karihem
2 Tavva Tiri
3 Colette Vyrithrian
4 Thessa Thixess
5 Roxandreina Dragiale
6 Kai De Lamount
7 Chayse Gounelle
8 Rose Edison
9 Luther Corwley
10 Saiyuki Haao
11 Lilium
12 Kathrine Sol
13 Zaaz and Volundreil

BASED retardanon

Rolled 5 (1d13)

It goes in the options field, user.

It's a shitty donut steel that gets applied to games without much care for tone or lore. Sort of like Nero McBrain.

I know, the startoad shitposting got old after the first few posts though. Having 3 PCs for gestalt feels like stretching it, not that more can't be done, since there are 6-mans going, I'm still just baffled at how a GM friend of mine insists on doing singleclassed solo/duo campaigns, then gets confused when the PC(s) gets shitstomped.

I will not apologize for having never rolled dice on Veeky Forums before.

Thanks.

Can cat-girls even compare?

Could you remove Karihem? He isn't finished yet.

> please not Kai or Thessa, not for the first one, please
Why don't you want to review my character?

READ
DE

He's a LE edgelord Drow Antipaladin with a LE Succubus waifu.

AKA the greatest goddamn character ever made.

Doggos are superior.

>I'm still just baffled at how a GM friend of mine insists on doing singleclassed solo/duo campaigns, then gets confused when the PC(s) gets shitstomped.
To be fair the PCs are also probably shitters if he's going by normal CRB CR rules if they're getting 'shitstomped'.

True

Miqote are the best! The best!

I mean, the first time he did it was with an unadjusted Burnt Offerings, which was a complete breeze up until the PC had one bad roll against a goblin druid's SoS and was promptly mauled to death by its animal companion.

Miqo's are nopan sluts who would never be loyal!

Probably thinks they're shitty and doesn't want the first review to be tearing into somebody's character.

I don't need loyalty!