Anima: Beyond Fantasy

Alright Veeky Forums, help me out here

I've heard good shit about this Spanish thing right here, but I've also heard it's crunchier than all hell, among other things

What do you guys think about Anima? Does it give a good response to the "Caster vs. Martial" debate? Or is it spanish garbage?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B23TGGq0DVCEX0VjTGRDNjZIUmM?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It does even out the Caster vs Martial thing. But by making everything equally over the top and batshit insane. Wizards can piss off reality if they want, but only about once a week, Summoners require prep time, but dear god the shit they can do with it.
Psychics are just generally good, and probably have the shortest "cooldown" of anyone.
Martials come in two flavors: Walking slabs of heavily armored and armed violent indigestion for anything stupid enough to try to eat them, and Ki-slinging Kung Fu badasses who can punch your nuts off with their fucking souls.

But it is very crunchy, has a ton of tables, and the English translation is a hot mess to wade through in spots.

Buut it does provide fairly flexible character building options, especially with the splats, and the Setting book has all sorts of neat situations a GM could enjoy throwing at their players.

All in all, I prefer it to D&D/PF for it's flexibility and 'balance'.
And for Christ's sake, STAY OUT OF MOTH!

ANIMA is good but hindered by an over-reliance on tables and using a d100. Every single modifier in the game comes in +5 increments. There's no reason why you couldn't use a d20 instead and +1 increments, it would play 99% the same. I have a homebrew that does exactly this, but with a few additional changes like:

>5 Classes (Warrior, Prowler, Mage, Psychic, Domine)
>Characters start at level 6. Each level in a class is basically 100 DP (now 20 DP due to using a d20) worth of 'Innate Bonuses', 75% is preset but you can spend the remaining 25% however you like.
>4 Attributes (Might, Agility, Wits, Spirit)
>Secondary Abilities are purchased by category (Athletics, Knowledge) with the regular Secondary Abilities being Specializations you can take if you want to excel at one particular thing inside that Ability.
>Attack rolls use a way more simplified formula instead of a giant table.
>Mages get less Zeon but it recharges faster, so you aren't waiting two weeks for your mage to be useful again.

It's mostly just 'quality of life' changes that don't mess with the feel of the game but do improve the speed of play and character creation. They're not for everyone but I've found the game works better this way.

> Does it give a good response to the "Caster vs. Martial" debate?
It does. All the martial classes have the ability to have supernatural powers as well, be they magic, ki, or psionics. And the dedicated casters don't have a la cart spellcasting, they choose spells from 'paths' supplemented by free access spells. Think Psions in 3.5 with their Disciplines. Casters can't go the omnipotent 3.5 wizard route and pick every optimal spell.

Well, they caaan, but the Magical Knowledge limit kinda puts a damper on it.
That and the really busted spells being accessible only to powerful Supernatural Beings or lesser Gods.
Except the Creation path. That shit's silly.
Same with the Chaos Subpath.

How difficult is it to learn though?

Eh, it depends. most of it is fairly easy, but there's a lot to remember at times. But most of it is fairly easily boiled down to a roll or two.
And once in a while somebody makes something like this flowchart.

>Mages get less Zeon but it recharges faster, so you aren't waiting two weeks for your mage to be useful again.
There're combos in Arcana exxet that reduce Zeon recharge time a lot, like way lot to the point of not being a problem anymore

I was going to say the same thing.
t. A warlock sitting on a Zeon Regeneration of ~1400, courtesy of high Power, Metamagic, Increased Zeon Regen Advantage, and a triple ZR enchanted item.

the "reduce everything to d20" is hardly a homebrew, is literally at the end of the book as a variant rule. We tried a couple of times, it makes things "faster" for people who can't into big numbers or aren't good at math crunch

One thing I like about Anima is that isn't as swingy as d20, in Anima your static bonus MATTER, in d20 you basically depend entirely on the d20 die for almost half the game. As example in Anima you (if you're a good martial, not even optimized) should start with 80 on attack and defense, and then you roll a d100, that's basically like starting with 15 to hit and rolling d20 on D&D, half your performance comes from your competence and not 90% coming from the die like in D&D in where you start like with a +5 and then roll d20.

I agree. Especially since the system doesn't EXPECT you to min-max, because you don't usually need to. Hell, most of the characters in the corebook are nowhere near optimized. Meanwhile, in D&D, you almost HAVE to optimize to survive most encounters.

Yes but I think it's vital to have as a baseline. Double base regeneration for halved maximum Zeon effectively divides the downtime by 4 without making mages stronger. Makes them slightly weaker actually, which is fine by me.

Funny, that's not in my book. Maybe it's because I have a copy from 2008.

>half your performance comes from your competence
Well... sort of. It's true that your bonus start high in ANIMA and climb higher over time, but that doesn't really mean anything if all your enemies have the same kind of progression. The real difference is that in D&D you're increasing your attack bonus 5-10% per level at most, whereas in ANIMA you can be raising it by 10-20% per level instead.

In reality, a +5 to attack vs AC 15 in D&D is equivalent to +15 to attack vs. a +15 Dodge/Block bonus in Anima. You're hitting 55% of the time either way. Making the starting numbers bigger only makes you more competent when compared to average people. DP-wise, ANIMA characters start the game at Level 6, so of course they're going to be better than your average person.

Creation is the 3.5 wizard of anima, from retardproof(daily sustains) to outright bs to "You sure you want to chimerize yourself user?"

1. Giving people buffs for free is dumb
2. D20fying anima would mean everyone gets bad luck (critfail on 5s) and ignores the mastery rule, effectively making all characters worse.
3.Learn to not waste your zeon you ADHD child, zeon regen has never been a problem if you don't spam fucking arcane fireballs every turn or want to upkeep 6 familiars and regen and resistance and wardrobe on arcane on your 6+ member party. Anima downtime is weeks to months not 8h naptimes.
4. Stack modifiers from combat, get a horse, fly around, etc...

The average person has 400 DP (Level 0), and Level 1 Characters have 600 DP (Level 1), it's not really the same equivalent as a Level 0 and 1 in 3.XX systems. A Level 1 in Anima is really more the equivalent of a Level 2-4 in 3.XX, depending on how high the power level of the game is, ranging from Low to High. There's a paragraph that explains it at the back end of the Core Book, in the 1 page section on converting to other systems or whatnot.

That it is. Cheese factor goes through the roof when Metamagic advantages are involved, though. Especially tripling the LP of Perfect or Royal Shied combo'd with level 3 Defensive Expertise and a +30 Defensive imbalance.
>Good luck chewing through 15,000LP trying to hurt my allies.

Also
>Chimera
Seriously. On the surface, it's fine. But it only takes one enemy summoner THE ORB to turn you from a PC to an NPC, and that makes it one of the most wondrous idiot traps in the game.

Rule of tumb is that 1 level in Anima is 2ish in D&D

That scale would break down past Level 5 in Anima because creatures or characters become exponential beyond that point. As they reach close and closer to difficulties like Almost Impossible, Impossible, and Inhuman, the quicker they leave proper DnD number behind. A Level 20 DnD or 3.XX Character would be at the absolute limit a Level 8 in Anima, but more than likely they would be be a Level 7. A Level 14 in Anima on the other hand may as well be equal to a Level 35~ character in DnD and 3.XX because of their scale and the types of beings assigned that power level. By the time you consider a being of Level 20 in Anima, perhaps such as the strongest of the Jürgand Agents, you might even fully reach that x4 conversion multiplier and hit the effective Level of 80 in DnD or 3.XX.

This is subjective per DM of course though. My friend likes to do a 1 to 1 ratio for Levels from Anima to Pathfinder because it makes things simple, even if it doesn't necessarily showcase the exponential strength of the Anima setting. If I was doing a Pathfinder game in the Anima setting, I'd do a 3 to 1 Ratio myself. The two of us certainly have had our arguments over the topic hah.

>My friend likes to do a 1 to 1 ratio for Levels from Anima to Pathfinder
wut? not even close, my Shadow without even optimization was teleporting behind you at will at 5th level due how high his Acrobatics were and this without counting ki. A 5th level char in PF can't do that at all, not even at 20th level you can teleport at will.

1. What buff?
2. Yes, everyone would get bad luck. Give them some extra CP to compensate or make it only trigger on 60% of nat 1s, or 40% if you have Mastery. That's not particularly difficult to do.
3. It's not about rewarding people for burning their Zeon, it's about not penalizing the rest of the party while you wait for the wizard to finish his week-long vacation. Also show me the page number where downtime is explicitly described as being weeks and months.
4. I don't even know what you're trying to say here. Mind elaborating?

Well, characters get 100 DP per level so if they start with 600 DP that's sort of like starting at Level 6, is it not? Likewise a 'level 0' character has 400 DP so it's like starting at level 4.

It's the best offensive tho.

Characters get 4x (int+class) ranks at level 1 in 3.5, so they start at 4 level is it not?

Just don't teleport behind Loli Empress.
Unless you really, really want to make a new character.
Nah, best offensive is probably Destruction magic, Erebus' Nux Power, Wheel and Judgement Reversed, or Tower.
Honorable mentions go to DELEVI DEUS FUCK EVERYTHING and Greenness, only because of their requirements being difficult for low level characters to achieve.

Aand I just got what you were trying to say. That's a good point.
I keep forgetting you can do that, and it has no MR.

There are a lot of problems inherent to pulling that sort of combination off. Firstly, there is a Level requirement to getting all of those Metamagics, Level 6 to max out Defensive Expertise. Second, there is a limit to how far a character can mechanically push their Magic Levels up without gimping their Magic Accumulation and Zeon. You need to have spent a total of 55 Magic Levels on Metamagics alone. With the standard 9-12 Intelligence for a Wizard in the setting, that is extremely expensive. Thirdly, a non-peace path shield will incur a -40 Defensive Projection penalty and will require an Active Action to place over your ally. This requires either having gone first in the turn, or long preparation ahead of time. In Core Exxet, Royal Shield is per turn, making that mostly unfeasible. Both peace-path Shields are also per-turn spells, making that also unfeasible outside of a Node. Fourth, a factor that is unfortunately forgotten in a lot of discussions, is the lack of Creation grimoires in the setting. Metamagics can be researched on one's own with some effort, but there are two entire tomes of high level meant to teach wizards fulled fledged creation magic. A character might be able to justify having 50 or so in Creation at start, having studied for at least a decade or more, but past that the required times to learn new spells without a grimoire or skilled instructor become nearly unmanageable. Setting wise, even the highest mages of the Magus Order and Yehudah barely scratch 70, most don't hit much higher than 60.

Final point, and my opinion of the system after having worked with it for six years, is it's always best to take things in moderation. You CAN built a +300 Ki Pushed Technique, you CAN throw out an 1,600 Damage Implosion if you had the Double Damage Metamagic and 20 INT, but what all those numbers mean in-setting and mathematically, none of that would ever occur naturally. A GM can change the setting of course, but as the setting is...

Interesting point. However in D&D the main metric of level in player characters is hit dice and, rather explicitly, class level. In ANIMA the main metric of progression is DP, which starts at 600 and increases by 100 each level. Furthermore, Presence, "the sum of all essential aspects of a character both physical and spiritual, starts at 30 at level 1 and rises by 5 each level thereafter.

I actually had fair chances of surviving against him, sure, the combat would be an impossible easy win for him, but I had Eternal Blood, was Neph Duk and hand Phys Resis over the roof. Average combatant but practically unkillable, I just had to fake death or stay on the ground with my head partially detached and wait till he leaves.

Also I was working for the 3rd heaven with that char if I remember correctly, so she was my Empress and he was my super superior, not going to stir shit to those who pay my bills and put food on my plate

(Continued)

...It would never occur.

And to clarify, the two grimoires I was talking about are Etheldrea's book on Creation and the set of notes written by Deymos. I believe there are copies of Deymos' notes, but even then, that likely means there are in-setting less than twenty or so grimoires of high enough level in Creation to teach at ts full depth, that is, Path Level 80. Getting one would be an incredible challenge for an individual Wizard, pardoning any specific background or organizational circumstances.

His reasoning was to keep it very simple for a dumbass group of players, but even without that he preferred to cut it down. I defintiely agree with you though, the sort of things an Anima character can do at even Level 3-5 can zoom past the progression of DnD/3.XX characters.

That's a fair way of thinking, but that would also imply a Level 0 DnD character has absolutely nothing to their name in terms of anything. Unless I'm missing something, that seems very odd.

La la la not listening Satan. Trying to turn me away from the Lord and Savior Abel H. Christ.

Seriously, though. 55 points is just under the 10% of DP limit for Magic Level at level 1, you can take the Knowledge of a Path advantage to get a quick 40 in Creation and then just spend 20 to get to Perfect Shield(which is Daily), Defensive Imbalance and Expertise are to cancel out that penalty.
Setting wise, most of those characters are not PCs. PCs are abnormal as fuck. Especially at higher levels.
It wouldn't be surprising for a high-level, high-int wizard PC to discover the Powers and try to make contact, for example.

One of my players was very proud to have blocked even one of Kisidan's attacks. He was Level 7 with the highest possible Defense imbalance as a Paladin/Weaponsmaster hybrid. The second attack unfortunately took him right out in the blink of an eye.

...A situation that made me realize how much I prefer offensively stacked or balanced characters versus defensive ones. In a situation where a balanced character or an offensive stacked character can end a fight with little trouble, a defensively stacked character is at the mercy of his enemy and allies. He might survive even the toughest of b lows or save his allies, but he himself ends up incapable of fighting on equal terms with his foes. There are exceptions, but I end up tending to view in-setting very very very few characters as if they were defensively imbalanced.

Good man, good man. Rocking a similar durability build on my Warlock, though Sylvain Neph and Nemesis/Eternal combined with Creation makes for dumb.
But yeah, Kisidan won't fuck with you if you don't fuck with the empress.
My last character was a Jayan Weaponmaster who ended up in... 6th Heaven, IIRC. Got there by way of helping out the DMNPC who was basically a direct subordinate of Kisidan.
Unfortunately, he had to take his charge with him. Who was a Neph Daimah Assassin played full tilt. That little dingbat accidentally turned an entire training yard full of new recruits into "cats" for a few hours by somehow getting her hands on Nekonosekai. Worst part was the Empress also got affected. Cue a beatdown of both our sorry asses(hers for screwing around, mine for not keeping a good enough eye on her) by Special K himself.

Good times.

There are a lot of named characters, if statted by Anima Studios, that would end up much the same limitation wise as the general in-setting wizards. Even the rule of cool that the "PC's are special" has a limit.

I'm very conservative about it because I experienced far too many games where numbers were bloated mechanically without setting-reasoning being firm behind them. I know very well that if a wizard tries, he could do it. Natural Knowledge of a Path is very nice for that. But it's also CP, and not everyone takes disadvantages to gain more than 3 CP. I build average PC-type enemies with as few disadvantages in possible actually, makes them end up like the official setting characters... I think %90 of which from Dramatis Peronae don't have a disadvantage.

I do agree though, provided the game scales high, the players want it, and the GM makes it so the PCs can become exceptional legends, a wizard in such a group would have no trouble juggling all those powers, zeon thriftiness aside.

It's very dangerous to bring a campaign to muck about with the Imperium though. If you ally with them, things are going to become extremely tough depending on missions given. If you conflict with them as per something like Eljared/Elhazzared? Get ready to go above and beyond if you don't want to be turned into paste. Personally, I'm aiming on turning my RL Anima game into the latter...

Not to make you upset, but mine is bordering on that as we speak.
The party just realized that Millennium and the Shadow have been pulling their strings, and that they nearly broke Omega out of his cell.
Next Session, they're meeting Youko and Exodo, as well as trying to hide the last seal on Omega's prison.
A former party member has also killed a low-level Jurgand operative, so they may be getting Party Vanned soon by his squaddies, who want to know everything about that evil bitch.
And then there's the Empire vs Alliance Final Battle brewing, that they're going to be a part of, and that's going to be spectated by a certain 'human' intent on discerning if the Empress can defy fate again, which may lead to him spiriting her away for 'experimentation'.

And yes, the players are on board with this.

>That's a fair way of thinking, but that would also imply a Level 0 DnD character has absolutely nothing to their name in terms of anything. Unless I'm missing something, that seems very odd.
Well, in ANIMA starting characters have 600 DP, effectively 6 levels by my metric. A person with 0 levels would be an infant, someone who is barely figuring out how to move their body; it would make sense for them to have no skills or abilities. A 1st level character would be something like a 10-year old, a 2nd level character would be a teenager, 3rd and 4th would be early adulthood and most average, boring people would fall into that level range. Player characters start at 6th level, which represents that they have training and experience that your average person lacks.

As for D&D, it depends on the edition. Some have level 0 humanoids, some don't. I'm a big fan of NPC classes in 3E; a tough farmer surviving on the edges of civilization could be a level 6 Commoner and have more hit points than a 2nd level Fighter, but they still lack the feats and proficiencies (and equipment) that make the Fighter combat capable.

Lucanor tier
Teleport behind the empress
Male skank tier
Teleport behind lilith
Gay tier
Teleport behind cancer-using-retard
Barnabas tier
Teleport behind Kisidan whisper I know while blowing a thick cloud of smoke then teleport out
Everyone ignores this guy but he's actually best lion tier
Teleport behind griever and buy him a beer.

Its my favorite system op.

Its in limbo right now due to the writers over reaching themselves with their video game so we dont know whats going to happen with the english release right now but if you dont mind pdfs we do have a lot of options even lacking the 1/2 books we are missing.

Now I dont use the games base setting because even though I love it and really dig the lore and mini game I dont like it for a rpg and I dont like touching "canon", but be warned the online community is a little off generally about power levels in the game. Easiest example of this is psychics online they will tell you their fine but but psychics as far as Im concerned are the most op in the game. Over all its fine but dont let them talk you into nerfing your players creation mages or something, the thing about this game is anything can be powerful but nothing is perfect, the game has a kind of rock paper scissors about it so it doesnt matter if creation mage has utility out the ass because they are still fucked 3 other ways.

If you have any questions other then a general "Wats this" pop them up, Ive played since release its my groups main game and I love it, plus theres some others here the clearly know the game.

just how much memorization is necessary? Is their a quick start of sorts I can use to get my players to understand the system easier / quickly?

I wouldn't be upset, what I've said so far has been my preferences after experience the system. I'm not going to speak for the next guy or five.

Sounds like a riot across the board. In my game, the Shadow is a neutral ally of the party's, with both sides exchanging technomagic and favors for information and the like. Anyone though who fucks with the Jürgand... well they'd better hope they know how to hide REALLY well. Like center of the earth well.

Psy isn't broken.
Psy just doesn't fucking scale, so it comes in strong as fuck then it kinda dies out when it attempts to bridge the hole from 140+ on sustains and try to get powers on high levels.

Also get as shit as much as everything non-magic on nemesis.

Why does everyone thing Lilith is a slut though? We hardly know anything about her aside from her origin in one of the interregnos. Dravenor or Deloran, can't remember which.

Griever is definitely a cool guy though, never gets enough recognition in my opinion.

You forgot one, maybe two
Tactical Genius tier
Teleport behind Yuri Olson, step on bear trap, just as his mental simulations predicted.
Why don't you have a seat tier
Teleport behind Erika, get arrested for attempted sexual assault of a minor

She is canonically a slut m8.

Her most used spell is the condom (don't blame her, that spell is better than people accept to), and is a party animal like cancerguy.

She has permantly contraceptive magic on, stated by devs.

The reverse teleport
Teleport to addler, but addler is in the mall buying food for the whole imperial rooster, he forces you to help him with buying food.

Its hardest on the GM, anytime I have brought in a new player I just tell them to ignore the whole book(s) other then the thing they are playing and basic combat. So a mage player can easily play just knowing basic game play and the magic chapter, but of course this isnt going to fly for the GM. If you or whomever is running has issues with how much there is to learn just play a game of pure fighters or something and slowly bring in magic and the like, till you feel youve got your head around it then start a new game or whatever your group feels like at the time.

I started my Anima group with people that have never played rpg before counting them and everyone we as a whole have brought in that also are 100% new to table top we have taught 20+ people and never had anyone struggle. The character sheet can make you think its too much but the average PC doesnt touch 80% of it.

The one who killed the Agent is a Jayan Neph Weaponmaster, and now sole surviving member of the Skuling clan who, instead of a regular demon, got herself possessed by/fused with an Ashura Kami, Pacted with Orgus Dank-Bros, and is currently sitting at Elan 100 with Noah. She WANTS them to find her, so she can have a decent scrap, but first she wants to kill the other party members when they're strong enough to actually provide her with some fun. She also wields Gram and has one of those Samurai Flags that's actually a portal linked directly to the Hell of War.
She's going to show up in the Empire vs Alliance battle and turn it into a three-way bloodbath.

Also she knows Kisidan is sweet on her, and messes with him at every opportunity, trying to get him to finally give in and plow her brains out.

Ya done goofed-port
Teleport behind Marchosias. No wait, he's looking at me. Oh fu-
Awkward teleport
Teleport behind Romeo Exxet, catch him masturbating to DEUS VULT, leave quietly out the back door, wish for some brain bleach
The Anderson
Teleport behind Alexias. Notice one child has a tail. Field of view becomes bayonets.
Double Awkward teleport
Teleport behind Legion Ramses
I-is that an Elisabeta body pillow that he's trying to feed cereal to?
The Teleport of Great Justice.
Teleport behind Matthew Gaul, knock him out, shove in barrel with a mirror after writing JUSTICE in reverse on his forehead. High five Anna Nevar.

If it was stated by the Devs, I missed that despite crawling every possible nook and cranny of the spanish forums I could hah. That's lame though, her character functions better as a stoic survivor from a foreign world crushed by unending war.

I'll admit, that mental image makes me cackle and laugh madly, more of the former. Hopefully that ego of hers doesn't get her killed before she can make really good use of that goddamn Vanquisher ability.

If this thread is still around tomorrow, I might post a bit of homebrew I've done for my Gaia group. I've done some new weapons, weapon modifications, modular armors, some basic rules for reach in melee combat, an unfinished document on vehicle rules, some extra crafting materials, and a huge document on technomagic specific for my group, though perhaps it might strike someone's fancy. I have to clean a few references up and omit some other things... but I'm way too tired to do that now.

Had a burst of energy I suppose...

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B23TGGq0DVCEX0VjTGRDNjZIUmM?usp=sharing

Let me know if the link or any documents are fucked. Can't allow for comments for entire folders apparently, or else I would.

Yeah, if you think Hisoka Morow from Hunter x Hunter, she's kinda got that personality. She just can't resist a strong opponent, but will use every trick she has to win against them. Case in point, her fight with the Jurgand Agent. it was a fairly even fight because while that guy was higher level than her, he was one of their non-combat 'find the intelligent sheeple and try to recruit them' types. He still was beating her ass due to technomagic and skill, but he wasn't looking to kill her, either, because orders were to not kill the PCs due to fate getting fucky around them. So he beat her half to death, stuck her to a wall with his short sword, and then turned his back on her to threaten Orgus to tell him where the Warlock was.
She shanked him the spine with that short sword, then popped Ragnarok, Inferno of Blood, and Decapitator on Gram to finish him off.
Cue Orgus going "WHAT THE FUCK'VE YOU DONE, GIRL?! DO YOU KNOW JUST WHO YOU'VE PISSED OFF?! THESE GUYS ARE HARDENED BADASSES TO A ONE!"
Her response: "So things will be getting entertaining now, is what you're saying?"

you can always ignore that and just say she uses it because hey, it's actually a very good fucking spell in anima times if you expect to EVER have casual sex.

Or the fact you can interpret std as diseases that with contagion by fluids.

A terrible secret has been discovered
Teleport as the chosen of the angel of chaos, in front of the chosen of the angel of freedom, slowly walk away from paradis paradis fun house mirror house.

>Does it have a good response to the imaginary non-issue of "Casters vs. Martial", that is easily fixable by not playing with shit DMs?
Fixed it for you.

But then you'd be the chosen of the same angel...
And I got stuck there once. That sucked.
Aww Noooooooo
Teleport behind prince Lucer Grey, try to escape Graven.

If optimized, they can be game ruiningly powerful the first 5 levels. No one else can pull maintained inhuman/zen powers that early. Levels 6-10 everyone is roughly even, if done well.
After level 10? I can't hear you because the mage just pulled off and Arcane casting of holocaust of darkness and everything within 1 ASTRONOMICAL UNIT is dead or very very pissed

>shit DMs
>shit players
>shit systems

All of these and more contribute to the problem. Might as well start with a not shit system

How do you get zen/inhuman powers mantained.
At level 1 to 5?

Reminder that Holocaust of Darkness would require either a decent node with Base POW vs a check of 18, Erebuskaikel complete with a check of 22, or being in the goddamned Wake to actually fire off.
Meanwhile, some nice person just gave the Railgun mentalist(who maxed base and railgun potential) a +25 Enchanted Indestructible Returning HEAVY BALLISTA QUARREL that lets them hit for base 550 damage(on a Zen potential, which, if they're WP 20 with aforementioned bumps, is a roll of 20+) in a 3000ft line every. Single. Turn.
Admittedly, the Godhand/Muay Thai/Tae Kwon Do Tao is not too far behind in the damage department.

>20WP
So level absurd and packing artifacts?

Probably the Inhumanity Psy Power.

Exactly, but safer than a same-level Wizard trying for Divine Magic by a long shot.
Because that Power Check for nodes only counts your base, unmodified Power. So items, spells, Psy Powers are useless.
And if you're in the wake popping off Holocaust of Darkness, there are plenty of Dark-Aligned creatures that will give zero fucks.

I mean you can at, if you somehow manage to sustain at 320 (no need for inhumanity for mental stuff iirc) which is """easy""" by having 120 base, investing 10pp on a power then another 5 for extra sustain and sustaining at 320 then getting increased.

For the low, low price of 17pp+

let's go with phyical increase then

10 Will

free access discipline 2cp
Amplify psychic power 2cp
psychic inclination 2cp

Mental pattern: Introvert. 30dp

34 power points if you go full ham but you should put a few in projection

60+20(3pp)=100 base
80+100(5pp)(per power)+ 3 free raises due to advantages and mental pattern means you're walking away with Inuman maintained physical increase powers at level one. You're effectively invincible for the next few levels.

>He thinks increased sustains stack
hahaha.
They don't.

yeah...this is were you get into stupid spell stacking...... in the wake you cast something like lord of nightmares. thus bringing your gnosis up. you invest those points gained by gnosis into gaining access to powers higher up the chain. combine with the knowledge path to gain more temp levels. Eventually you can pull down a 45 gnosis and something like 10 effective levels. It's really dumb

Then you wake up.

you're gnosis 45.
you giggle as you rip open the fucking world and leave a whole from the wake into the real world miles wide.
Think moth but worse as you literally, statistically speaking, have the biggest dick on gaia.

one one of those is a sustain.
the other two are disciple specific boost
and the other any self targeted discipline boost

Exactly what said. That shit only stays with you in the wake. Best you can do is the level 84 Dream Spell if you want to bring God powers near reality. But even then, they dissipate once they leave the spell's bubble, which caps at 6 mile radius at Arcane with max Expanded Area Metamagic.

Do you want Barnabus to have a boner? Because this is how you do it.

that's still a pretty reasonable area of "I win"
And I never said it was permanent. But there is very literally nothing any other class can do to you at all. Hell, if you took the damn reality marble (no one fucking shouldn't) to max out the gnosis power gain, they can't even run from you

Nemesis.
Good luck accumulating Zeon with a -200 MA courtesy of Magic Cancellation.
Also Pillars of Souls, and the fucking POWERS IN THE SHADOW would rape your ass the halfway through your attempt.

You wake up,everything that happens there stays there.

There is a reason graven getting into real space is a fucking issue.

Same effects don't stack.
They're augmented sustains from extra sustain introvert don't stack, same bonus, same reason why having 2 tech that give +25 and +60 attack don't get you +85 attack.

Also the other one is useless as it is on the cast power not on the sustain, yes, you manifest at it at 120->140, it stays sustained at your minimum.
You can acquire level 1 inhuman, but even then it'd cost you an unholy amount of DP.

Nemesis isn't a class. he's a plot device. He's cain.
Pillars only work if it's well fed and 45 still might be enough to just say "no"
And the powers and the shadow wouldn't touch you unless you plan on eating a few principalities. Non interference clause and what not.

Nemesis as in the power tree senpai.

Also ascensions only work in the wake, as soon as you poof into real space you're a normal human.

Nemesis Technicians, you fool. Dominus Exxet.
They can flat out cripple Wizards, Mentalists, Summoners, and other Technicians.

And you pinging high gnosis then going walkabout on Gaia would probably be enough for Imperium to go "eh, worth the risk" and send their Level 19 "Fuck Your Shit" squads to do exactly what their name implies, damn the consquences.
Hell, they could probably get the greenlight from the other powers if they pointed your ass out.
Also they have machines to undo whatever stupid shit you pull [Arcana Exxet, an aside in the Time Subpath Section]

That's the issue if you have both a power path and a pants shitting horror with the same name. If you're trying to pull this crap off directly in front of someone you deserve it. This is something you use before combat even starts.
And Ascension isn't the main show here. you use it to get to the stat boosts to get to the next step. or you can wait till level 2 and just leap frog over it with chimera and then start the path from there.
I have a hard time thinking that the imperium really gives a fuck about that kind of stuff considering the Numbers exist as well as other gnoisis 45 beings. you just happen to be the biggest. And time magic is meaningless to undo your shit once you roll over 40 gnosis.

>Chimera, ascension, et al
First, ORB. Second, slipping into the wake alone to start your power up is going to draw some of its heavy hitters (Nightmare Lords, for one) quicker than you can accumulate for everything you need.
Imperium is not the only power in the shadow. The Beryls and Shajads are in on that pact, don't forget. And if Imperium tells them some shithead is screwing up the order, I'm sure one of them would be more than happy to slap the bitch out of a Gnosis 45 troublemaker like you.

>Chimera
>CHIMERA
HAHAHAHA.
Oh wow.
You know what being an inbetween worlds mean right user?
You know yehudah tricks retards into doing that to summon them as their new shoe cleaner?

Also, I will repeat, ascension doesn't make you gnosis 45 in real world.

Fuck making him their new shoe cleaner, they'd be better off harvesting him to make enchanted gear.

I like both ideas, they make sense in an always prepared way, a survivor like herself would likely have that sort of mentality. A few of my players have done that themselves over the years, it just skipped my mind she could do the same.

RAW what you're doing is legal depending on how the GM interprets or doesn't interpret the "Bonus Accumulation Rule" in the GM's chapter. I tend to rule towards letting them stack, since while they are affecting the same thing, they come from different sources. It's not like you somehow took Psychic Inclination twice.

But RAI, stated by Anima Studios, Psychic Inclination only works on active powers thrown out. It does NOT affect Sustained Powers. On top of this, Introvert's increase of one rank does not stack with Amplify Sustained Powers. It's one or the other.

Assuming you'll have the maximum amount of Cancellations at any given time with a character is folly. Even Omega doesn't have his Accumulations high enough to hit the -140 MA with Greater Cancellation. He can only hit -100 to MA since his accumulations total up to 24. It's impossible by setting for very many other characters or beings aside from the movers and shakers to really possess power like that.

Of course if you did achieve those high level accumulations anyways, sure, -140 MA and Zeon to spells. The -140 MA will shut down %99.999 of casters because by setting a vast majority of them barely have 50, let alone 100. The kind of character that's trying to cheese Divine Magic in the wake (way more problematic than its worth) likely has a contingency plan of some kind however.

One more thing, the Imperium would not actually interfere. They would only interfere if the Divine Magic used was going to destablize the world violently. They could care less if someone got to Divine Magic in the wake, froze time for most of the world, and proceeded to... I don't know, measure the bust-waist-hip measurements of every woman across the world before ending it and publishing a book with that information. Time Magic is definitely a no-no though... that shit gets canceled immediately.

My warlock has had to do that. Because he wants to avoid a certain end that he's unsure can actually happen.

Actually a level 10 Techie can easily reach it, assuming a 60 point buy to start and spacing their stat points among everything but Int and Per, combined with a Power Level 3 enchanted item to bump all their accumulations by 1. Plus they've got the MK to burn if they go Nemesis.

A gnosis 45 being trying to fuck around in the world would, by it's very nature, destabilize the world, though. Hell, Imperium went to DEFCON 4 when Jedah popped into the world for a simple stroll. They missed him by like five seconds, but they still went nuts.

>Implying your wacky powers can even hit my weapon master that's stacked a bunch of armor

casters and wannabe caster technicians BTFO

>immortal blood
>hard to kill
>reduced crafting
>YUGE ARMOR, YUGE MAGICAL ITEMS, ALL THE DIFFERENT WEAPONS I WANT, BASICALLY UNDYING
>maybe get Samiel but don't tell anyone you go that you fucking nerd

I normally rule it as "fluid transmitted" disease because STD is niche as fuck and while I get the why, it feels fucking useless otherwise.

>Not also getting just a little bit of MK to throw towards One With the Nothingness and/or Noht.

"Easy". Assuming all characterstics give an average of 1-2 base points (let's go with the middle, 9 Base), a Level 10 Technician can spend 150 DP on Accumulations forgoing Ki or more Martial Knowledge or etc. That's 15 Accumulations, for a total of 24. To hit 28, you have to push your characteristics to be very superior over what normal characters would have in order to hit 28 at that Level. If the Technician in questioned dropped 40 points of Attack/Defense, he could make it though. Wouldn't be a bad trade-off.

Never use artifacts when accounting for builds. If the build generally won't work without artifacts, it's not worth it, is impractical, and finally it's not in-line with the setting. It's extremely hard to find artifacts in-Gaia that boost all Ki Accumulations, and for that matter, manufacturing a Level 3 artifact with 200 Level 3 PP dumped on it is beyond the capabilities of even the Magus Order, Yehudah, or Samael if they were so inclined to make one. The Inquisition could possible make a Major Lawbringer with those powers, but the problem with that is they'd have to sacrifice more resources than they already do to make their Lawbringers.

If you do find one however, that is the GM wants the game to hit that sort of superpowered note, then all the more power to them. But definitely by setting you wouldn't ever see that... not to mention Nemesis' own unique-level rarity.

About your last point though, Jedah was Gnosis 40 when he came down. No being save Tawil-At-U'mr, or perhaps some of yet unknown being, long ago ever walked Gaia.Carlos specifically stated only one ever did. There was apparently "almost" a second however as far as my copied notes say. You're correct however in saying that if a Gnosis 45 Being ever showed up its very presence would destabilize the entire world with thoughts. Gnossi 45 can shift planes at will, is invincible save to Elisabetta/high-gnosis beings, and generally does what it wants with its superior Auspice.

A player of mine is dangerously close to finding out whether his Erebus Wyrm waifu can have children with humans. Hell, he knows she subconsciously wants children because every time he communicates with her while she's napping he gets sucked into a dream world where she's living happily with several children with him. He is however, not the kind of man IC or OOC to ever use that spell...

I know about Jedah's Gnosis, I was saying that a being of his Gnosis was enough to provoke Imperium.
And I get what you're saying about the items thing. I do. But I'll repeat that Player Characters are cut from a different, more deranged cloth, and would likely go out of their way to hunt down say one Ancient Dragon and a Greater Oni for the PP necessary to make their NemeTech a walking stop sign.

You again, fellow Manah Razz lover? Next sesh my guy makes his pact with her.
He's going to be sacrificing his existence.
This might just push Manah over the edge into yandere territory, as he'll be a secret only she will have any knowledge of for ever and all eternity.

We seem to be in agreement, sorry if I came off poorly. And I know exactly how that sort of hunting goes hah... though it's up to an individual GM whether or not it succeeds.

Poor bastard, but at least he'll be in good hands... I imagine the awkardness that will ensue with his fellow players will be amusing. My player was lucky he was able to pact with Manah a different way than normal, he managed to escape relatively intact, aside from a slightly damaged sense of morality. A copied doppelganger soul of Manah turned fake-daughter instead paid the price for their bond.