Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Chaos is scary edition

>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's your least favorite faction to fight?

SM July 29th
CSM+GK August 19th
DG September 23rd

tau
just a boring ranged slugfest

No faction specifically but anything that spams units.

Just finished re-doing the T'au sheet, now with all of their index units, and with a much larger section for Crisis and Commander: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

I added a little extra something to the bottom, where I fiddled around with different costs of the crisis and commander models themselves, to see what values were necessary to get the two to be equally efficient, using mono- Burst Cannon and Fusion Blaster suits to test.

Fun fact: If you wanted to boost the point cost of the Commander model until it had equal efficiency to 42ppm Crisis suits, where everybody is wielding max fusion blasters, you'd need to make the Commander cost a whopping 149ppm. For equal efficiency, you'd need to DOUBLE its cost.

Of course, such extremes are less necessary for the significantly cheaper Burst Cannon, as in that case smaller changes are necessary for the same % deviation. Increasing the Commander to 120ppm would do the trick.

Man, this is messed up.

Are these confirmed?

Also why is Death Guard releasing so bloody late? Unless there's some sort of Age of Sigmar release early September which would make sense I guess.

They're supposed to have 10 Codexes by Christmas though, only four out by late September will make for a pretty weird release schedule after that.

Mine would be Necrons.

"Hey, let's give a faction with strong units the ability to revive every fucking turn! Don't forget to give their vehicles the ability to ignore damage AND heal!"

120ppm Commander base cost sounds like a good start.

Is Bob good enough to offset their mediocre Chapter Tactics?

it's a shitty forced meme

Tau

What was the short story with canon Necron lesbians called again?

Daily reminder to deny playing WAAC tourney fags in games and avoid playing spammy lists in order to not be cancer on the 40k community

WAAC tourney fags go and stay go

any horde ever

I'm new and by far the armies that absolutely crush my tits are any blobs of am, tyranids, or whatever. I just don't have enough shots to kill all those dudes and I haven't mastered any way to win *without* killing them. I really don't know what to do, I fight my friends blobs and he just shoots my marines from a distance then when I get there I don't even have enough guys to kill all the stuff. and I didn't when the game started either.

it'd just be 2 per month for 3 months. Doesn't seem too farfetched

Are Lascannon Havoc squads better than Autocannons for iron warriors?

Ultramarines are super solid even without Guilliman. Falling Back and shooting is not mediocre, even with the -1 penalty.

>some sort of Age of Sigmar release
one can only hope... their general has been on life support for at least 2 months since their last release...

content drought edition >

They're the inferior game and 40k just got the biggest update in its 30 year history. They can chill for a couple months while we get things sorted.

depends what else you're fielding really and who your fighting

Anything with Bobby G. Seriously, FUCK that piece of shit and his reroll everything aura. Also, 3 free command points for including him? Fuck me in the ass! Why not!

Honestly who enjoys fielding 7 riptides, ravenwings or fusion commanders?

>Bobby G.
Who? I'm a noob.

This

What's worse is that the shooting phase is never exciting for me because the shitty ballistic skill of most Tau units means the amount of models I lose per SP is about the same as most other shooty armies.

If I'm fighting marines what is the best? And how tf are wulfen supposed to be killed?

Honestly fielding a Primarch seems a bigger dick move than fielding a superheavy. A knight is pretty fair priced for what it brings, but with a Primarch the narrative dick sucking means they'll always err on the side of broken or at least unfair to fight against.

Row Boat

Fuck guard. Those assholes are the new Tau. Every single fucking game with them is just "let me just soak up all your damage and then wipe out half of your army with my orders on turn 1" without exception. Fuck that noise. I've had more balanced fights against Girlyman and the Ultrasmurfs.

Protip-shoot them until they die

Robotic Guillesuit

Hah ok now I get it.
Not really...

Nurgle. So fucking lame.

Oh fuck I like this one

Roe-Bootay Girlyman

Robot Girlyman

What generic troop aesthetic would be a good replacement for Cadians?

Ohhh

Rancor Greenmana (+2/+0 Trample)

so what's the preffered loadout for a knight?

dakka cannons x2?
dakka cannon + rapid fire battlecannon?
chain weapon + one of the 2 above?

also top mounted weapon worth it? if so wich one?

Once the others come back it's going to be fucking gay.

Though I am looking forward to seeing what they do with DP Angron. He's going to be a fucking BEAST.

Roland Gilamonster

>Started getting blob guard in 7 even though it was shit because it was fun and fluffy
>paint heaps of guys carefully and do a bunch of conversions
>now I'm just a WAAC faggot

Feelsbadman. The local eldar player threw a tantrum midgame because I was riping his wraithshit army a new one. Fuck that guy so much. Turns out hes collecting guard now.

Fuck.

Bring dakka and BC plus on top cannon for maximum cool

>They're the inferior game
well since AOS was the beta test for 8th I have to agree with you there.

Space wolves.

As a grey knight player it irks me to no end these cocks get to shit on us in the fluff and they get fucking storm shields on everything.

The guy would fucking ask for AP just so he could say 3++ invuln. It stopped being fun at that point. Thank fuck for mortal wounds eat a dick furfag

Alpha legion

My Renegade Knight with double rapid battle cannons, stubber in chest and stormspear missiles and been my MVP since launch, so far.

Reginald Gooberman

Old cadians

Is there a diffence in size between a Space Marine head and a Primaris Space Marine head?
That fucker in the Hellblasters without a helmet is pissing me off.

>Carcharodons are a Raven Guard Successor
>They use Raven Guard chapter tactics
>mfw

Eldar, but thats just because the only 2 eldar players in my area are WAAC tier all bikes all dark reapers all soulburst all the time anti-fun

WW2 British. Plucky, sometimes outgunned. But never outdone in spirit or humour.

It wouldn't be so bad if a lot of guardfaggots weren't so gay about it.
>hurr durr I deserve this now

STEEEEEEEEL LEEEEEGIIIIIIIIOOOOOON

No, the helmets and pauldrons specifically were designed to be fully compatible between Primaris and oldmarines. Just slap a Mk IV head on him.

Bitching, cheers.

Probably something like this. More 40k than generic sci-fi, but bland enough to suit various different styles.

Creed costs 1PL more than a regular CC and gives 2CP on top of an extra order. Justify that

why are waacfags so fucking gay
>spam waac armies every edition
>lose with prev edition waac against your prev ed shit
>call you and your shit waac because you won
>start collecting your shit to be waac

Good example here.

I know this isn't WIP general but I appreciate you guys giving me an outlet to bitch about this magnificent motherfucker while I build it in secret. It'll definitely be a multi day project trying to do it under my roommates nose but it'll look rad as hell when it's done.

>Some of the tempestus scions are wearing earrings

Fucking why?

Oh shit, that looks awesome.

Oh fuck that looks sweet
I can't wait until normarines get phased out

Something along the lines of the Solar Auxilia. They fit the 40K theme better than boring Cadians.

However, I wouldn't mind going back to the old style Cadians. They actually had a charm and their models weren't boring as fuck.

If neither of those two is allowed I want something along the lines of the Militarum Tempestus. As much as people love to hate their chest armor, they fit into the setting 1000x better than a lot of models. The baroque style of 40K works greatly with them.

Mk3 helmets look way better with Primaris proportions.

>power level

Man, I forgot how dope old cadian art was.

Emperor forgive me.

pic

Cuz they're high-class.

>user doesn't funhammer
>user plays to win

Typhus being cheaper and better than LoC as well

Is 700 a good deal for this?

Dante
Mephiston
Astorath
Sanguinar
Jump Chaplain
Terminator Captain
~20 Tactical marines (10 are magnetized arms/packs for jump assault)
30 Jump pack assault marines
15 Assault terminators (5 claw, 10 th/ss)
15 Death company
4 Grav Cannon devastators
4 devastators with unglued missile launcher/lascannons/heavy bolters to change them in and out
10 Sanguinary Guard (a few are converted)
3 Drop Pods
5 Dreadnoughts (Two AOBR, one furioso, one death company, one librarian)
Stormraven
Land raider
3 Baal Predators
3 Rhino/razorbacks (weapons aren't glued on)
3 Land Speeders (weapons are magnetized and in small bag on left side of photos)
6 Command Squad marines
~3 Dark Vengeance bikes
8 normal bikers

What units are you running with?

Transplant the Helghast into 40k as the new IG regiment standard.

>bitches about Creed being too strong for his power level compared to a normal commander
>claims he only plays "funhammer" and doesn't care about winning

try to get it for 600.

Back when Cadians actually had personality.

This goes along with However, I don't think they could go much worse than trying to make Catachans the main force.

Gatling cannons seem overall like the best choice, but you might want something a bit more capable of dealing with tough targets.

Thermal cannon isn't terrible, RFBC is also good. Basically all the guns are OK.

Melee weapons seem pointless, since you get the feet anyway and they are great.

All the back weapons have some value, but I'd say the ironstorm pod is what I would choose simply because it's cheap and can hit things out of LoS.

I was given Testor Enamel Paint and I just got my first box o' Nobz. I've read that enamel is a big no-no, so should I buy a Vedros paint set or use the Testor?

Looks nice you are the best sort of roommate. Bet you make/provide snacks on game night too.

>implying I bitched

YES!! Any plans on more melee or chad termies?

What is it?

WELP
IMPULSE BUY TIME

Don't do it, I learned enamel is bad the hard way.

Tau, but that's largely because in my meta all the Tau players spam suits, don't paint their models, want as minimal cover as possible, and have no grasp of combat tactics whatsoever.

Its painted as well. 7/10 paint job. Pretty good looking but not masterclass. Maybe I can use that as a talking point to bargain him down to 600?

Alright, thanks for the heads up.

More like Beta legion, amirite?

Mr.Monolith what is you 8th necron wish list codex wise?

If GH2 releases and AOS gets the same rules as 8th, I will literally cream myself.

lol this seems fun
can you expand on it / storytime?

It's basically 1 extra guaranteed hit, pretty much isn't it?

Do you think we will get primaris lost legion marines?

For his whole DnD group that's keeping him busy for a few hours : ^ )
I also got him some anti-building Stonecrusher Carnifex last week as a gift too.

Aww shit, are Eldar bikes unfun?

I'm getting back into the game with my Saim Hann, but I don't want to be that guy