Is the light and goodness interchangeable?

No.

Beat me to it.

fpbp

Also santa comes during the night, think about that

Depends on the setting.

Why would it ?

No
Light is photonic energy
Goodness is a sociological concept

Lucifer literally means "Lightbringer"

And the Bible says demons very often appear to humans as beautiful angels

Maybe.

No.

>And the Bible says demons very often appear to humans as beautiful angels

Citation needed.

Fuck off Zanza, you were just a dick if I'm remembering correctly

>Lucifer literally means "Lightbringer"

Lucifer isn't the name of a demon or angel though, the use found in the bible is as an epithet for a Babylonian king (this psalm is the source of the fallen angel association), and elsewhere to refer to the planet Venus.

Dude could choose between his maybe potentially dying at some point down the line or killing everyone else right the fuck now. Easy choice! Besides, they're all made of ether that was his rightful property before they decided to start turning into lifeforms, why shouldn't they still be?

Shub-Niggurath in the Cthulhu mythos often is represented as being surrounded by bright light. So, yes.

The light gives me sun burns and the darkness has never hurt me.

kys

I dunno, the darkness hasn't ever helped me either. I'm sure it laughs at me when I stub my toe at night.

Unless if you want to be an edgy nocturnal contrarian, then yes, light and goodness are interchangeable. The sun and its light is what nurtures crops while the dark night is a place for all the wicked stuff.

In my setting light and dark could, in the simplest of terms, be said to be work and play respectively. If you wholly embody light you become a tool for a single purpose, or possibly a gearwheel in a a greater device. If you wholly embody darkness you become an animal driven by desire. In either extreme, you lose your self.

You're saying light is good, but obviously good is not light. It's not "interchangeable" if it doesn't work both ways.

Either "No" or "Depends on the setting"

It would be quite possible to have a setting where "The Light" (note capitals) is a term for the Powers of Good.

In general though, just because something is shiny doesn't mean its good, and not all good things are shiny. Its an easy mistake to make because humans are diurnal creatures and most of them tend to perfer illuminated surroundings to dark ones, so when we make the Big Good we tend to make it rather bright.

>The sun and its light is what nurtures crops while the dark night is a place for all the wicked stuff.
the sun is what causes plants to die, either by dehydration or by burning
and dark night is the time of rest and recovery

Inb4 inevitable edgy Dante-like antihero
Inb4 inevitable fallen angel antivillain

Its used like a title or honorific, something very high and respected. I think even Jesus refers to himself with it at one point.

not at all

Absolutely.