Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

When was the last time you saw someone play a real deal elf? Not an aasimar, tiefling, kitsune, catfolk, special snowflake DSP race, or whatever, but a genuine elf.

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/magnetic-field/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If I see two people play half-elves, does that count as one elf? What if four people play half-elves in my group? Are we collectively playing as two elves?

That's a nice elf. I think I'll keep her.

A guy played any elf and wanted to be Legolas. He ended up falling out of a tree and getting mauled by a tiger.

So the main villains of the campaign right now are:
>A Winter hag, a Nosferatu, and a Phrenic Scourge reenacting World War I (except this time Franz Ferdinand is a dwarf)
>An arch demon who just wants to corrupt souls in peace without all this political bullshit
>Orc Napoleon
>And Gaston

Yes. Two elves having sex with two humans.

If they didn't have that fucking Con penalty people might play them more.
I would gladly give up some racial stuff to negates the penalty

I'm playing an Elf Arcanist in a mythic campaign.
It's exactly as broken as you would think.

...that might be my fetish.

You keep that talk up and we'll have another "mythic isn't broken" argument on our hands.

>not a samsaran
>not a wyrwood
>not a peri-blooded aasimar

Please, user.

>Limit Player race choice to core rulebook only.
>Player makes elf character.

It occurs to me now that I've made dozens of half-elves but I've never once made an elf.

To be fair, it was Mythic 10. I was an ageless flying shithead with 36 Int and boosted spell DCs at level 4

I wanted to be a Tolkien elf lord on mage steroids

Man the Adhara app to intrigue does things to my dick. I want to see her bully the halfling.

The what?

The wrong game name.

Anything new about Starfinder?

I played an ancient elf Rogue-Witch in a gestalt game. She was a monster - able to heal, curse, sneak attack, and claw people to death. She owned a mountain where she mined diamonds and kept a tribe of gnolls that amused her safe and protected. they thought she was a goddess.

>Still can't romance the Krogan

Degenerate.

You get the Vesk right in the box. Closest you are going to get

>Tuvarkz apped for Intrigue
>Lawful Neutral
>Member of a noble family
Could we get a triple threat here?

Does he also worship Asmodeus?

Shalelu is cute. Cute!

Lewd the elf user!
Do it!

That's really old paizo art. LIKE REALLY OLD. Like before artists understood what they wanted their elves to look like, note the eyes not being completely covered by an iris and the night elf ears.

Hey /pfg/ I'm a new DM and I was wondering if you could help me out with a homebrew idea.

I was going to have my party enter the plane of earth and fight some shaitans and have the boss chuck large magnetic boulders that would stick to and hold in place the players wearing heavy metal armor and some larger magnetic areas might rip metal weapons out of the player's hands if they don't pass a check. On the players turn they'd be able to roll a check to shove the boulders away or move with reduced speed.

How would I go about writing the mechanics for these stones?

And back when the artist they'd hired was actively trying to undercut the writers.

have a look at this

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/magnetic-field/

To the Godlayer guy from last thread: you didn't actually post any contact info

Betrothed question

>Whenever a betrothed or her companion would gain a bonus to or deal further additional damage with their aether pulses, the extra damage is halved after totaling it.

Does this include damage that is attribute-based, such as from Aether Rampage or Aether Channel?

Yes.

It's just a premise idea at this stage, not running it any time soon.

What do you need so survive in the steppe?

Love.

A writ of passage from Kublai Khan, long may he reign.

A fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, the wind in your hair.

How do make a Dhampir character interesting without making him/her Blade?

Victorian noble.

I once played a wistful Dhampir in a Carrion Crown game who grew up in a normal human community and only realized what he was until everyone he grew up with aged to death. Envious of humanity but having long accepted the difference between himself and people around him, sociable and friendly but solitary due to his differences. That was a fun character.

A giant dick to appease the barbarian girls

Is that all I need?

According to a group of awakened insect bards, yes.

Howdy /pfg/, I'm building a character that takes Fighter as a chassis, and guts all of its features in place of the Myrmidon (PoW), War Hero and Spirit-Wielder archetypes (SoP). Spirit-Wielder allows Fighter to turn any one weapon into an intelligent "awakened weapon" with highly limited sphere casting.

The awakened weapon gets only a few spell points and has low caster level progression. It gains the Enhancement sphere by default, and gains only three other talents, but it can take drawbacks and boons, may target the wielder with personal-range effects, and uses its own actions.

With that said, how would you make the most out of an awakened weapon for an initiator, especially considering the added action economy? Constant personal Improved Haste, various Enhancement buffs, at-will Teleport, Crystal Blast/CC abilities, Fount of Life and Resuscitate, Encompassing Light stacking with Primal Warrior Stance; there's a lot of possibilities, but limited choices.

Shitpost game idea:
>every quest is some NPC having a "rat problem"
>once you inquire further, it's always something different
>>the "rats" are an invading skaven horde
>>you actually have to protect rats rather than kill them
>>the rats are actually ratfolk competitors whom you have to put out of business
>>a portal to the elemental plane of rats opened and you have to shut it down
>etc.

look at those nips

Oh and: metaphors such as "rat = traitor" or "rats = lowlives" also work.

>Turns out the rat problem is a mole
I mean that in every sense

The worst thing is, I know what was the character reference for that one.

Great taste, at least.

Hi people, I want to make Bravery less of a joke. Would you be okay with it giving +1 per 2 levels on saves vs fear and combat stamina pools, and players being able to use an immediate action to apply the bonus on any other save? I want it to represent a fighter "soldiering on" or just having a last-second burst of adrenaline. For feats, class features etc that upgrade it, it would count at its current rate.

My idea is to give it at half rate to archetypes that lose it now, so they are not entirely out in the cold.

Literally see Armoured Bravery.
Bravery is effectively "you have a good will save nao" with it and literally every fighter takes it.

What stat is most closely related to thighs and their general thickness?

CON. It's also the reason most elves are flat.

Wis. Hear me out.

> wis
> heal skill stat
> cleric casting stat.
>"Thick thighs save lives"

What races have darkvision?

What stat is most closely related to breasts and their productivity and size?

Do you need skills in swimming in order to swim?

Unsell me on Gaseous Form for a Qinggong monk. I get wizard levels of bullshittery during exploration. The only downside I can see is that yeah the wizard could cast this instead, and later on it gets overshadowed by abundant step.

Tiefling, half-orc, dwarf, aasimar.

Treading calm water is dc10

if not stressed, a person with no bonuses or penalties can take 10 and be fine.

Gaseous Form is dreadful. It reduces your speed to nothing. It reduces your AC to nothing. It gives you DR, but it doesn't apply against magic weapons- so, virtually everything.

Yes, and that's my problem. Bravery is one of the fighter's very few features and it is complete shit on its own. I want to make it not shit without just giving them a good will save.

I used the 1 per 2 levels progression, as it is fairly common - trapfinding, stern gaze, bardic knowledge, etc. Since combat stamina is another typical fighter thing, I wanted "bravery" (I call it "indomitable") to apply to saves vs fear and it as well.

The ability to use it for other stuff with an immediate action was a bit of a freebie, but I expect that fighters should be extremely used to combat. I was thinking about gating it by not making it available while the fighter is flat-footed, since it is a conscious effort.

I mentioned exploration. I'm not using it in combat, I'm using it to move the story forward and walk through walls.

I'm aware. I'm just saying that if you get caught out in that form, it could seriously suck. Remember, 10ft movespeed.

Here's the thing about making bravery a +1/2 levels bonus: in addition to adding to saves vs fear, and all Will saves with Armored Bravery (and 2x against fear), you can also add it to your initiative, the DC to checks to feint/demoralize you, on saves vs all mind-affecting effects, bluff and intimidate, escape artist checks and CMB checks to escape a grapple, and you can also grant the mind-affecting/feint/demoralize/escape artist bonuses to allies within 30 feet. Also, that would mean that at level 8 (or possibly level 4) the character could fairly reliably get fear immunity.

Constitution.

In theory, kineticists make the greatest baby-bearers.

STR and CON in the sense of "no fat here" and "healthy" rather than "thicc" memes. CHA could also, but that's character to character basis on both sides.

If you fail your CON, you die during childbirth.

Circle of Protection from Childbirth Complications go!

You can, if you invest in it. Without investment, Bravery is a joke.

I want to keep the investment options, but I want it to be useful on its own. Fighters get a total of 3 class abilities prior to level 19, they should not require extra feats put in them to be good.

Try Everyman Unchained:Fighters by Rogue Genius Gaming

Literally worse than DHB!Fighter.

KROGAN COCK

SO GOOD

Isn't Shalelu a hate-Elf that gets off to killing goblins?

Can you use a longsword with two hands?

Having a midwife allows you to reroll!

You can! Every one-handed weapon can be two-handed.

Is it better to write the backstory in objective, omniscient narration, or describe it as limited third person?

Also, should I start with a small event before I describe the backstory?

Explain how.

Whichever perspective you are better at writing. If you think the omniscient see-it-all narrator is more your forte or the character's personal account being right up your butt.

Personally, I like doing omniscient because it fits in with my writing style. You do you- maybe write two first paragraphs in either style then pick which one suits you.

Why do you guys think my apps are joke apps
First you thought Takashi was a joke app, he was 100% serious and I 100% intend to take Ensoulment to the space jam when it comes time.
Now you think Cynn is a joke app, she's not. She's 100% serious
What the fuck.

I'm going back to bed.

I write it in first person because fuck the police

The quickest way to a man's heart is between his fourth and fifth rib, if you understand me.

>tfw your shitty wizard arms keep you from even treading water
>tfw the party goes swimming for a fun beach episode

It's actually via Heart Clutch.

DHB?

How much pain is a regular human in for if they swallow an iron arrowhead or two?

No, no, no, no. The stupid ribs can get in the way. The fastest way is through vena cava in the stomach. It's messy, but it works.

Starting with a small 1-2 sentence blurb about the character goes a long way to getting you in the zone while setting the backstory tone.

Lacerated larynx, perforated stomach, and god help you if it enters the small intestine.

Basically the worst pain you can imagine, short of flaying or vivisection.

>the newest intrigue app

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

Swallow some nightshade with it and hope it acts fast

He's still a WIP.

Look at his sheet boyim
>EWP for Elven Curve Blade as a Helf
>Medium Armor proficiency
>+1 Keen Elven Curve Blade for 2000

Could you give an example?

>taking ewp

why

BUTCHER'S AXE