Passive Income

Let's take a short break from the cryptos. What's your preferred method of generating passive income, biz? Share your (non-crypto) path to being /comfy/

>real estate
>index funds
>REITs

ETFs

Buying crypto is passive income get with the fucking program

I already do, but I want to diversify my incomes. Why only choose one route to wealth when you can have several?

Real estate.

But you need to start with money to make money

how much capital does one need to make comfy passive gains

It's more complicated then that.
It can't be explained Ina few post here. Buy some books, make some architect friends. They have the inside track. Get invested then in 30 years retire to a weaker economy and live like a king.

how comfy? How much do you want to make a month?

>30 years

10k/month

Is $1,000 a reasonable amount for the average person?

Is it true that buying an ETF is better than a mutual fund due to lower fees?

I heard somewhere that passively managed ETFs typically perform no better or worse than a mutual fund on average, but are better due to the lower expense ratio.

A rule of thumb for /comfy/ is to have 25 times your desired yearly income in the asset class. This accounts for variances in the market and your timing entry.

If you want to live off 1k USD a month in Latin America, you would need 12k USD a year income stream, or 300k USD in an index fund/REIT.

>30 years

t. boomer master plan

Not into real estate yet but here is my plan

>Buy 100k duplexes at first with 20k downpayment
>mortgage about 800
>collect rent 1600
>basically get that 800 back in 3-5 years so you make $1.6k a month on a 100k property
>buy 7 properties to make $11.2k a month
>repeat, then jump into luxury when you got enough capital
>repeat for 10-100 properties
>hire property manager to manage properties

Buy a shitty fixer uppe near a uni. Buy the cheapest possible remodeling supplies. Live there and claim homestead and create as many live-able rooms as possible. Walk into honors/nerd group meetings. Advertise rooms for rent. Stack up roommates until youre full. Work it out so youre getting at least 25% over mortgage+escrow+bills monthly. Buy another, keeping the first, and repeat. Once you buy your 4th, turn over managing tenants to a mgmt company that takes no more than 10%, and raise rent appropriately.

Many people, myself included, have gotten started like this. Eventually, even with outsourced mgmt, its not worth it. At that point youll have a lot of options provided you dont sell in the middle of a real estate correction.

It aint easy, but its damn near guaranteed to work so long as you shun shitskins and keep your eyes on your shit.

Blah blah nah its crypto blah blah... no, crypto is what you pour profit into and hodl.

I wouldn't start with 1k or you would be flipping some real shit houses lol.

Get an carpenter trade and make like 60k, save that for real estate, maybe you can do your own carpeting to save costs in the beginning.

To be clear, you're saying that with the first house, you're living with the college kids you recruit?

Cute picture user. I never though pepe would be happy.

You can get your first duplex with a conventional 3.5% jumbo loan if you have a stable job and decent credit. You'll have to live in the duplex for a year and have to pay additional renters insurance, but otherwise it's a really good investment.

Downside of duplexes and the like is that they are only available in some markets. Milwaukee specifically is very good for them, while other parts of the country not-so-much. Aside from this, this is a very legit strategy of getting some easy passive income. You can keep a revolving mortgage on all your properties as you scale up and the marginal cost of managing a portfolio goes down as you scale up.

Coin op machines, nyuck nyuck nyuck

I don't get how flipping how is supposed to be passive income. Am I missing something?

Yes. Uni kids (especially grad students) can make great tenants. Just gotta put in a little footwork. I started doing this just prior to age 30 - long after I realized college is a scam and dropped out (though the latter admittedly came before the former).

NEO for crypto passive income

Teach yourself about how dividends are calculated and more about value investing in order to identify stocks that are underpriced in the market.

These types of plays that you can make money off of and more importantly live off of. Remember the most valuable thing you have isn't money, it's TIME. You can make huge gains if you are patient enough and don't get emotional when the market moves.

Do the flip to get the capital required to start your passive income

The only correct answer is a diversified portfolio of assets that generate cash flow, with a larger tilt toward real businesses you own through an LLC and dividend heavy equities.