Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

*Blacks your path* edition

>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

gonewild40k.blogspot.com/2010/07/game-protection-dice.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SM: July 29th
CSM+GK: August 19th
DG: September 23rd

>Need a light?

Posted right at end of last thread, so R8 and H8 blades of the inquisiton, I took all the advice people offered and am trying to game the system

>tempestor prime
>command squad: 4 plasma guns

>eversor assassin

>grand master voldus
>4 Paladins

>taurox prime: gatling cannon, twin volley guns
>stormtroopers: two volley guns
>stormtroopers: two meltaguns

>taurox prime: gatling cannon, twin volley guns
>stormtroopers: two volley guns
>stormtroopers: two meltaguns

>stormraven: assault cannons, hurricane bolters
>inquisitor: force axe, bolt pistol
>Paladin ancient
>4 paladins

>twin assault Cannon razorback
>6 grey knight interceptors

9 drops, 7 command points, tons of dakka, good melee, and tanky as hell. Could it work?

First for intelligent and fun conversation.

>begins eating your path

wat do?

Anyone has both NuMarines and T'au Fire Warriors? I want to see the size comparison

whats your plan to deal with guilliman and stormraven spam?

During marine releases? Putffffff yeah right

Build a new path, paved with dead orks!.

>tfw just trying to purge the Xenos and your servitor keeps trying to clean your sword mid-combat

>I've bought, built and painted models i'll never use
i can't even get games in,
why did i fall for the 8th ed meme

First for Salamanders the only good SPESS MURHEEN chapter.

Blast it with enough dakka to make a second path.

Explain?

.......cede.

In actuality, my group has already decided that flyers can't grab objectives in hover mode AND we do lots of progressive objectives (thank you based frontline), so I can play objectives well enough.

I can fend of conscripts, boyz, and gaunts well enough with the tauroxes (Gatling alone kills 12 per volley), so in honesty I think I'm pretty safe against most lists unless they go all out on spamming units (granted that does happen in tourneys)

Set it on fire.

Resculpts incoming for Grey Knights including HQs

This is fact

>First
>5 minutes later
Do you even look before you post?

>Grey Knights including HQs

Oops, missed the thread change.

What is the usual stance on converting units to one army's aesthetic and using the rules from another army?

I want to make some custom Kastelans from Stormfiends and a pack of electro-servitors to go with my converted Archmagos Biologis, plus probably a converted Admech flyer of some kind because Air Superiority.

Thing is, the GW store I currently go to is the mega-autistic one I've talked about a couple times before here, where they didn't let me use my custom Spider-Archmagos as Cawl because he's apparently a proxy. You can't do anything other than swapping a couple bitz or the players and staff will chew you out for proxying stuff, despite most every game being 2k Grey armies w/knights since there's only 2 4x4 tables and nobody will play small games because it's the only one they're gonna get.

Luckily, I'm moving next year, up to a slightly bigger city, and hopefully there'll be a better group there. (If not I'm making my own, dammit, I want to play proper 40k after finding out what it could be like). I thought I might start converting stuff now, since it's unlikely I'm going to take the 2hr trip to stand in a crowded store for ages and possibly play one mediocre game much anymore.

What's the usual rules on conversions, in terms of size and WYSWIG? The electro-servitors were going to have a real mishmash of weapons - Dual Chordclaws, Kataphron servo-arms, Power Mauls, maybe the odd Thunder Hammer or Taser Goad - can I just say "these dudes are all Fulgurites so they have electroleech staves"? Size differences were going to be made up for with somewhat thicker bases, but that's a a tad tricky with flyers since I don't want it to have wings. Can I have a legal flyer conversion without stretching something 6" to either side just to make up LoS?

Tell me something about Death Guard.
Are they any good?
Are their models done well?
If I buy a DG half of the DI box how should I expand my forces - will a second half be a good pick?
If yes, is it possible to converse them so I will not end up with an army of clones?

>salty marines malevolent player detected
Hey man, I was the first to say 'first for'. That's a win in my book.

>progressive objectives
Whadd'ya mean bozz

By good you mean they potentially get dozens of free CP worth of rerolls each turn? Or good overall because they are literally the boy chapter for painting flames on green monster hot wheels.
>inb4 game for 13yos
When I was 9 I painted a space marine with flames on his shoulder pads and even then right after I thought it looked ridiculous

I don't believe it, also why? Aside from librarians- who are stupidly difficult to work with but no one takes them anyway- all the models hold up really well and are good conversion material otherwise.

I welcome more stuff, but we don't need new models. Go give Inquisition or Crons new stuff firsf

>Not particularly
>Yes
>No, monopose
>Not really if you're not particularly keen on modeling and conversions

>first to say first for
>incorrect see

Source?
I always took this comment as GW's excuse to hold off making Primarius GKs and if is to believed it appears GKs (and CSM) are sandwiched between two big release codices with confirmed new models and of the two listed (GKs and CSM) the CSM need new kits more than GKs

How do Eldar Guardians and Dire Avengers match up to Guardsmen and Marines, respectively. I don't need a big reply or a bunch of research, just a quick summary from people who have played them.

>the typical game is five turns

WTF

Battalion Detachment, 2000 pts.

HQ

Warboss, PK, Kombi-rokkit

Weirdboy

Elites

1x 4 Burna Boyz, Spanner (Killsaw, Kombi Skorcha)

Troops

3, 29 Boyz, Boss Nob, 3 Rokkit Launcha

Heavy Support

1x 6 Killa Kans, 2 Rokkit Launchas, 2 Grotzookas, 2 Kustom Mega-blasta

1x9 Lootas, Spanner (Kustom Mega-blasta, Killsaw)

1x 6 Mek Gunz, 2 Traktor Kannons, 4 Kustom Mega-Kannons

Dedicated Transport

1 Trukk, Rokkit Launcha, Wreckin' Ball.

Rate.

Predictions?

>lord of contagion
literary worse typhus
>poxwalkers
they are alright, rip against imperial fists kinda
>plague marines
they are alright, 5+++ is always welcome
>drone
didn't use it
>fat mage and bell ringer
didn't use

>Are their models done well?
As a matter of my personal opinion (which is obviously objective truth) I think they're pretty bad. I like many of the individual design elements, but I think they're way too busy with far too many horns, spikes, bells and hanging guts present at once on each model. Overall I think they come across as cartoony and overdone.

another saint story zzz

One of the Sisters ends up being an Alpha Legion operative.

Anyone know where or how to weight dice? I want a bit of an edge in my local konor event when I use my ultra against some shitty waac xenos faggots.

But my user, in that pic they say "for now", and also new/rescaled models do not necessarily mean primaris (see also death guard, which was rescaled nonetheless).
But yeah the sandwich idea seems pointing in the direction of no new stuff. But since GW had time to do a number of sculpts for the same models (see starting set and all the easy to build shit) maybe it didn't take them too much time to give new models for each faction.
But yeah given this post it would seem like a bullshit move from gw if they said no news for gk then BAM new models one month later.
I'm interested in the gk thing myself because i'm not sure if i should wait for the codex and "rumored" new models or start my collection now

(You)

Are you using a list-builder? If so, where can I find it; I'm really new, and want to try to see what I can get for 2000 pts.

Alpha Legion reveals that Guilliman is actually Alpharius and all the Primarius Marines are sleeper agents

>roll some dice
>they give you single turn objectives like grab objective 2, kill an enemy unit in melee, kill a , etc.
>like the BRB ones but more compacted

I don't know who made the list (ITC or frontline or something), but it makes a lot more fun than 'I sit in my deployment and then rush out turn 6'. Fucks meme gunlines too, so I love it

Where is the picture from? Is that a deathwatch SM?

You might aswell have predicted someone will say we are all Alpharius.

Used Battlescribe, then wrote it out in better formatting.

ITC reminds me what do people think of their "if you finish deploying first you get +1 to first tun roll-off" rule?

Look for something called mercury dice if you wanna cheat without being caught. I've used them in regional tournaments even adepticon. Probably have won several thousand dollars worth of goods that way so they are worth the cost!

The cheap way will maybe get you caught but you can partially melt the dice. They'll roll to consistently so hide them in large dice bind and hope you get lucky when pulling them. I used to do this before I found a mercury dice supplier

So Maelstrom of War.

I can't tell which cancer is worse anymore

>The concvict poxwalker is black
>The only black poxwalker
>The only convict poxwalker

Step 1: measure out 330ml of bleach.
Step 2: add lemon to taste.
Step 3: chug it.
Step 4: consider how you are more of a faggot than the WAAC fags you want to be better than.

>the stuff they stole from raven guard was modified into an indoctrination serum

You filthy, cheating bastard.

Well this was around before the prerelease was announced so i'm starting to believe it's true, considering prerelease is on the 22. How much time between prereleases and release usually? One or more weeks?

How do you clean your brushes at the end of a painting session? Seems like I'm going through a fuck ton of them and can't get all the fucking paint out of the brush after finishing.

so how does combat squads affect salamander units?
does it just stay at 1 re-roll per total unit? because combat squads clearly states that its 2 units.

I just heard someone refer to the Primaris Dread as "the Pregnought".

Say please

He's not a fucking convict, you idiot.

That's a hazard suit.

Im here to annoy you with questions as a total greenhorn.

Is it worth getting the Dark Imperium set as someone who wants to give 40k a try, but might not be interested in these particular armies?

Id probably be more likely to go Chaos Space Marines if I do get in to the hobby, but not really a big fan of the Death Guard, a bit too Nurgley for my liking. But if I wanted to go with, say, Thousand Sons, could I just the Death Guard as one battalion in my Chaos army?

rinse more often

but i don't do that and just make do with shitty brushes lol

I just found it on google images, and I'm pretty sure it's a Deathwatch Marine. Makes sense because probably only an inquisitor with the Ordos Xenos would be willing to parley with the Eldar.

I know, rainbow dash is the worst.

not trying to be mean or anything, but IMO any list worth its salt right now needs to have some sort of strategy to fight stormraven spam.

GW forgot to release any other DG models so you'll have to wait until next month when their codex is supposedly released.

Lol. Won 1st in Ard Boyz national one year. Do you think the pros play fair?? Those dice cost me a few hundreds of dollars too.

Please

His boltgun has an =I= on it. Not concrete proof. But I'd say Deathwatch.

Hey guys, total newb here looking to get into 40k. Ive spent some time looking at the armies, and my wifes boyfriend told me i should play dark angels. I like how they look, are they any good?

First put all your dice on a tinfoil plate.

Make sure all the ones are face up

Then microwave for 4 minutes

If it's working you should see the badluck coming off the dice via sparks.

I've played one game that wasn't decidedly over by T2. Whomever gets the first alpha strike wins, which is usually whomever goes first.

I don't fucking care, you are scum. So is anyone else who fucking cheats.

Probably not then mate

The models are the crux of the game and since you'll be spending hours on them, painting and playing you should really love them. Fuck, I get a bit ropey when I feel the colour is a bit off.

You can get the rules for free from GW's site.

What army looks the most appealing to you?

So wash them with alcohol to get the dried paint out, its not great for the brush, but you don't need to throw brushes put just because they have dried paint on the bristles.

They're a traitor legion, Hydra Dominatus.

Curious as well. It doesn't have to be a character like 7th does it?

That's what it's called, yeah. Fuck thank you it was bugging me I couldn't think of it

I like it. Used it in a few games, it's good against bullshit Knights+Guilliman/Magnus or other memey low-model count lists as you either get the first turn outright or at least force them to put everyone back in case you do.

Kinda lame when a faggot with like 30 drops as Guard gets first turn and blows a chunk of a fair marine list off the table, but honestly if you're not smart enough to go in cover to negate first turn effectiveness you deserve what you get, but the same goes for BRB method. So do what you like, both are fun.

>That's a hazard suit.
Then how did he contract the plague?
Chezch mates, atheist.

The info is out there, cheater.

Just water for day to day cleaning. But if you really want to clean your brush or have one with dried paint in need of restoring use this stuff. It's fucking magical. Just rub a wet brush in it and then work it in with your fingers. Rinse and the old paint will come right out.

>1 reroll per unit
>2 units

Math is hard...

t. marine player

If you want 1k sons, try a Burning of Prospero set, it costs the same on the webstore. Only thing is that it doesn't come with 8th Edition rules.

Yeah, sadly. My only luck is like I said earlier objective rules and tournaments generally having a painted policy, so atm I don't know of anyone with 5 stormravens. But I heard the local waacfags talking about it last week, so I'm afraid what I'll see in the future

alright gentle dudes could you rate my list please?

+++ (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [113 PL, 1998pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [72 PL, 1405pts] ++

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour [7 PL, 163pts]: Khorne, Chainfist, Combi-melta
. Rules: Death to the False Emperor, Lord of Chaos, Sigil of Corruption, Teleport Strike

Dark Apostle [5 PL, 83pts]: Khorne, Plasma pistol, Power maul
. Rules: Death to the False Emperor, Sigil of Corruption

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminators [14 PL, 286pts]: Khorne
. Rules: Death to the False Emperor, Teleport Strike
. Chaos Terminator: Lightning claw, Reaper autocannon
. Chaos Terminator: Combi-plasma, Lightning claw
. Chaos Terminator: Combi-melta, Lightning claw
. Chaos Terminator: Combi-melta, Lightning claw
. Terminator Champion: Combi-plasma, Lightning claw

Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 204pts]
. Rules: Explodes
. Left Arm: Hellforged deathclaw, Soulburner
. Right Arm: Kheres assault cannon

+ Troops +

3 x

Khorne Berzerkers [5 PL, 87pts]: 4x Khorne Berzerker
. Rules: Death to the False Emperor
. Berzerker Champion: Chainsword, Plasma pistol

+ Heavy Support +

2 x

Havocs [13 PL, 204pts]: 7x Havoc, 4x Lascannon, Khorne,
. Rules: Death to the False Emperor
. Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [36 PL, 593pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cypher [6 PL, 110pts]

+ Elites +

Fallen [10 PL, 156pts]
. Fallen Champion: Chainsword, Plasma pistol
. 5 x Fallen w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Fallen [10 PL, 156pts]
. Fallen Champion: Chainsword, Plasma pistol
. 5 x Fallen w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Fallen [10 PL, 171pts]
. Fallen Champion: Chainsword, Combi-bolter
. 5 x Fallen w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun

Anyone that wants to combat cheater fucks, read this. Very informstive
gonewild40k.blogspot.com/2010/07/game-protection-dice.html?m=1

Nice user
Made me smile

If you have no interest in the models then just pick up a rulebook on it's own.

>1k sons, try a Burning of Prospero set,

I'd recommend against this. The Thousand Sons have a radically different aesthetic post-Rubric than Pre-Rubric. (As all the dustbins got funeral crests)

Tho if you wanted Iron Warriors BoP would give a decent chunk of Marines.

just wanted to make sure, I mean thats what I figured but sometimes thats not how other people see it.
thanks

Dont mind me, just doing my usual shilling for this book. Absolute must read if you're an IH fan, tons of fluff. And if you're not a fan of the Robotboys (like I was) it's still a very good book.

>Poxwalkers have pink skin with some green
>One with yellow skin
>Dressed like a ninja

Doom Eagles say hi.

Mind sharing a link?

this is common sense