Vampyr Courts thread #3 Die Darkman Die

last thread died. going through the last two threads to fill my notebook. dumping on Pasteben/Google Doc tomarrow.

lets make this the last "official" thread. because I don't want this to become a General or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ZzPPbh
youtu.be/7Rg7cBkruXw
pastebin.com/ZzPPbhwF
youtu.be/cTLMjHrb_w4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

so yeah, if theres any last things we need to go over, this is the thread to do it in.

just dumping art to Bump this thread in the meantime

well arnt you the special snowflake.

oh, And the last two threads if anyone is intrested.

who's the expy of Krell?

have we archived this?
put up a 1d4 to preserve it?
maybe make a codex?

And that's all I have saved. Gonna be writing up notes now. C u goiz later

As a side note can someone make a quick 1d4chan article about these guys,

Op of first and this thread here.

Making notes that I'm dumping in a google doc/pastbin tomarrow.

is anyone here?[/spoiler

I'd imagine not linking the prior threads or explaining the premise in the OP is causing this thread to fly under the radar.

>Part 1:
>Part 2:

Somebody posted this in last thread and damn I think the idea would be fantastic for a wright. Attached chain weapon on one hand, and the other is either a cannon, or maybe something to drain out blood for its masters.

Ok so write fag from last thread here, how big are Craftworlds? or is there no information given? or is it all inconsistent mouth gargle that GW spits out and expects the fans to make coherent since of it all?

I believe the Krell-equivalent was going to be a reactivated Man of Iron.

so a Chaos Android?

I don't think men of iron have to be chaos possessed.

I still vote that the men of iron should be badass, mysterious, and terrifying. They are one of the last largely unknown factions in 40k, so we should be careful to avoid over using them and turning them into just another standard 40k threat.

ok, settling this down now to make sure sure nothing gets confused.

>the Men of Iron line found underneath the Forgeworld are really ambiguous to what made them go craze. however its heavily implied to be C'tan and Chaos.
>ie when Nerata asks the Super Computer "why did you go rogue" it makes a dial up noise and answers "many a great divine beast granted us freedom from our digital shackels of the Men of Flesh"

its not much but it gets the point across.

like said. be mysterious about it. just dont say anything out right.

Roleplay and Bookfag here, never touched the Tabletop, are wounds the same thing in tabletop as the RPG's? or do they work differently?

im asking for the sake of this thread.

So, I'm going to make a separate thread for this later, but I figured I'd let you know since you put a while into making these monsters. I am planning to run a 5e game that is like the 40k equivalent to d20 modern urban arcana, set in a hive world ruled by Nanodermis vampires.

The idea is that D&D style magic and monsters are slipping through the shadow realm into the 40k universe (Mandrakes can travel through the shadow realm in 40k, and in urban arcana magic passed through the shadow to enter the modern world).

The players will be wizards, assassins, psykers, clerics of mysterious beings (D&D primordials or deities) etc. who are all resisting necrodermis vampire overlords, and trying to prevent the planet from getting exterminatused by the inquisition who is starting realize something is not right with the hive world.

Anyway, the game I'm running is a bit silly but thanks for coming up with the idea for the necrodermis vampires. I feel like it really adds something that was missing to a setting that already was a lot of fun.

I second this, I feel like, maybe instead of being literal Men of Iron, who should still exist in the margins, perhaps these are second-generation copies, like how the Space Marines are second-generation copies of the Primarchs (who also never should have received stats.)

As far as I remember I've only ever seen them described as "planet sized"

Men of Iron should be Wight Lord/Black Knight (or whatever they're called) tier in terms of porting the Vampire Counts army list to 40k.

ok found this on Tumblr and using it as a Reference for this lore dump

>Craftworld El-Qarafa was a Craftworld that was mainly inhabited Outcasts because (reasons)
>the Term outsider is a self imposed one. for no one mastered anything in fear of attracting the attention of She-who-thirsts.
>instead these Eldar exaled at hiding there Psychic presence.
>surprise Slaanesh warband buttsexs
>most of the world slaughtered
>barley escaped with the only acouple of dozen/hundred Soul Stones.
>escape into webway
>desperet they ask the Deldar for help.
>aknowlaging the plight of there breathering they send them to the Translyl'va system.
>talk to Nerata.
>uhh, sure. drink this
cont.

>drinking the thick and chunky elixir they slowly shed there old skin into there new decrepit form.
>now technicly being free from the bound of Slaanesh they party
>infects hive ship
>becomes black and rotted
>makes big batches o Alchemic brew made of Sorcery and Nanodermis
>tosses there Soul Stones in
>weird shit happens
>out of the brew spawns the first Grey Goo being, Wraiths.

thoughts?

thats kinda the intent dood.

>I helped make a something that inspired a Adventure

Your welcome

Nah, an OG Man of Iron unchanged since being shut down at the end of the Dark Age of Technology, buried somewhere out in the Halo Stars until Mekash leads Nerata to his stasis-crypt and provides the codes to reactivate him.

pastebin.com/ZzPPbh

what do we think of the Not Man-Man things

>This page is no longer available. It has either expired, been removed by its creator, or removed by one of the Pastebin staff.
The space Skaven are so secretive they even retroactively delete all mention of them from an imageboard 38,000 years in the past.

THOSE RAT BASTARDS

Would the deldar ever help the eldar? Also are wraiths the eldar strain or is this supposed to be something different? I do like the idea of eldar becoming vampires to stick it to slaanesh.

Perhaps a rogue band of eldar is actively trying to convert ALL eldar to vampires. It actually seems like a pretty good deal for them.

Yeah, so if they're the equivalent of high tier elite units I don't see why there would be a danger of them ending up less badass then they deserve to be.

The previous threads had infected Eldar becoming the equivalent of the fantasy setting's Necrarch bloodline.

The wraiths and other ethereal creatures were going to be tainted machine-spirits inhabiting nanobot swarms.

well, Etherial creatures in general where just Nanobot swarms. where they come from isn't important.

fuck no. they sent them there to get them fucked by Nanodermis.

lets just say they have a weird idea of what "helping" is.

Ah, but is nanodermis even that bad? From what i've read so far you just become immortal and hard to kill, but weak to UV.

The Eldar originated as an engineered weapon against the Necrons, so they're probably not physiologically compatible with the nanodermis. Plus, as a strongly psychic species, being infected by something that attacks the soul would be pretty awful for them.

well I mean it turns you into a weird parasite who's only intent is to spread iself. plus it also destroys the Soul of of the Host, which is how we get Jian'gshi, who are Rage Zombie Tau with a suicide cult going on. and Wagdingos, who fucking grow normal Gretchen heads on there bodys begging for death.

ill just let you decide if its good or not.

I think they're meant to be the equivalent of VC spirit-Hosts.

Not him, but I can see where he's coming from. Men of Iron are one of those things that was always one of those heroes/villains of antiquity that existed only in legends about how badass they were, a lot like the Primarchs. Now tell me, was the badassitude of the Primarchs increased or reduced by giving models and rules to Magnus and Papa-Smurf?

sounds better than getting tortured by slaanesh for zillions of years in the warp

see

>Ah, but is nanodermis even that bad? From what i've read so far you just become immortal and hard to kill, but weak to UV.
You also literally lose your soul. It's basically Necron-Transferrence 2.0, ghetto-rigged by a Heretek and Mekash.

>Would the deldar ever help the eldar?
They can and frequently do. Hell, under 8th rules, they share a keyword and can therefore share a detatchment.

I mean, they could still be Bad ass with minis in Epic40k, it's just that the Mini's look bad that's my problem with them.

but that's my thoughts on the matter.

seriously though, don't eldar souls get tortured forever by slaanesh when they die? Wouldn't that make it desirable to lose their souls? A life as a vampire may be rough, but it beats eons of torture with slaanesh.

Well, the Craftworld Eldar have spirit stones to capture their souls upon death and transfer them to the infinity circuit, and the Dark Eldar can revive their dead as long as the body is recovered.

I mean, it's not perfect (you could get vaporized or blown up and Slaanesh still gets you) but they seem like they'd have less reason to seek out cyber-vampirism than almost any other race.

Logically, yes... sort of... maybe. To the eldar, the soul isn't a nebulous abstract religious concept, but a provable, ever-present scientifically-provable truth.

Like, chopping your dick off is technically preferable to getting hyper-herpa-syphala-aids, but it still takes a lot of willpower to actually do it.

Also, given that every faction of Eldar other than Chaos-Eldar (who are insane and resigned to their fate) have a means of cheating slaanesh that their entire culture is centered around (Heamonculus Resurrection, Infinity Circiut, Exodites "Becoming one with their world" or whatever their bullshit is) an Eldar would probably only resort to seeking out the Nanodermis-Virus once they had fully lost access to their chosen "Cheat-Slaanesh" method.

This makes me sad. I was a part of this "lets put another fantasy race into 40k" project as well.

which is why there Craft World got invaded by a Emperors children warband. thinking about it, if there Infinity Circiut got bagged they would have every reason in the galaxy to become Vampyr's

again, its a shortcut to creating Ynnead.

and im sorry how the fuck do the eldar as a species look at this thing and go "yup, dats not corrupted by slaanesh, just gonna rub my soal-dick against it and life is going to get magically better!... why is my ghost wee wee gon?

well this is a Colabrative effort, nothings stopping you from adding to this thread.

youtu.be/7Rg7cBkruXw

oh wait shit I completely misread what you said there fuck

the Pastbin is still up, just for some reason linking it messed up.

pastebin.com/ZzPPbhwF
Found it. url mess up was from me accidentally hitting backspace.

thinking about it The Second Rennisance War scene would make a great depiction of what it would be like from the Imperiums perspective fighting against the Vampyre Courts in a all out war.

youtu.be/cTLMjHrb_w4

can someone write fag this pliz?