Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Typhus Edition

Previous Thread: >FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/getting-started-with-40k-2017-ENG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Da Orks!

holy shit nurgle really did bless this thread

Also Third!

First for Girlyman's boys

How adorable.

>'umie finks he'll beat da big boss.

Right, planned out this here list, anny comments?

Techpriest Dominus with eradication ray and phosphor serpentia
10X rangers, 3 arquebus, omnispex
10X Vanguards, 3 plasma caliver, omnispex, power sword
10X vanguards, 3 arc rifles, omnispex, arc maul, arc pistol
3X sydonian dragoons, 3 taser lances
Onager, neutron laser, extra stubber
Onager, neutron laser, extra stubber
2X kastellan robots, 2 incandestine combustor, kastellan fists
Cybernetica datasmith
3X Kataphron destroyers,3 plasma culverin, 3 flamers
3X Kataphron breachers, 3 Torsion cannons, 3 Hydraulic claws
Aegis defence line, quad gun

>finally get first post instead of trying to and getting second

See what happens when you remove I2

So did that guy buy First Strike/No Fear? I wanna see the lore books it comes with.

to see if there is anything good

First for the Dark Kin

R8 this my dudes

>HQ
Chaplain Dread [Lascannon, Power Fist]
Emperor's Champion

>Troops
Crusader Squad [9 Initiates, Plasma Gun, Power Fist, Sword bro with Thunder Hammer] Drop Pod
Crusader Squad [9 Initiates, Plasma Gun, Power Fist, Sword bro with Thunder Hammer] Drop Pod

Crusader Squad [9 Initiates, Power Axe, Plasma Gun, Sword bro with Power Sword & Plasma Pistol] Drop Pod

>Elites

Venerable Dread [Lascannon, Power Fist]

Ironclad Dread [Hurricane Bolters, Chainfist, Frag launchers]

Dreadnought [Plasma Cannon, Power Fist]

Tartaros Squad [5 Terminators, 4x Pair of Lighting Claws, Reaper Autocannon & Power Fist]

What new 40k models would you guys like to see made for your armies? I would personally love to get Dominatrixes and Cerebores for nids.

how is it ok for a commissar of all people to use xenos weapons? wouldnt any other guardsman get blammed for doing that?

Dat ain't just any 'umie, ya git! Dat's Big Boss Yarrick, da krumpiest 'umie dis side a Armageddon!

Thoughts on this spell?

Intended or not the way it works?

Typhus needs that point increase by like 50 points. It's ridiculous how cheap he is compared to a LoC.

i would like a veteran model for my guard, i dont like using the same standard infantry for my vets, i would use catachan but i dont like how they are too muscley armed

I play Space Marines so I feel like I already get enough new models. They're just all shit or legion specific.

Creed can stay, though

>mfw received my plastic sisters from Z/Nobz

They are surprisingly decent.

Blessings have never been permanent

Typical retards requiring unnecessary FAQs

True of a lot of named characters.

IIRC an Exalted Sorcerer on Disc is 5 points cheaper than Ahriman on disc.

Alternatively, you could lower cost of LoC since his weapon is very expensive considering how its not that great. Its similar in power to a power fist yet its more than twice as expensive.

I assume the spell ends when the fight phase ends and doesnt persist into the next fight phase though I can see why it could be a bit ambiguous.

Cult marines please. Some guy in here the other day was saying he couldn't run khorne berserkers because they don't have plastic kits. Noise Marines I can understand but Khorne Berserkers? Comon GW take their money.

Pretty clearly meant to be for that turn only. Fuckheads will still try and say that, "It doesn't specifically SAY it ends there...."

Cerebores are a completely forgotten unit from a 3rd party game, they probably won't be made canon. I'd rather see Malefactors and Dactylis first.

Dominatrixes will need a new trademarkable and family-friendly name.

Most likely we'll get a plastic biovore/pyrovore dual-kit. Maybe a plastic Lictor/Deathleaper with some actually decent rules for once. Best of all would be a new multi-pose Genestealer kit based on the DW:OK sculpt with some new biomorph options.

Guys give me some Thousand Sons coven ideas. I have a bunch of Exalted Sorcerers and I want to paint each one different.

Why are you mentioning Creed? He's very okay for his points. You could take 2 Commanders with Plasma Pistols for his points, which is more flexible. 2 Command Points is nice, but not that great with how easy it is to get them as Guard and he's Cadian specific which ruins a lot of squads that could benefit from someone like Harker.

I just want to take a normal LoC without thinking I'm stupid for not taking Typhus.

That would work too. If a LoC ended up at 150 and Typhus was 200 I think it would be perfect.

>plastic shitsters
You mean like that fake prank poop?

We had an FAQ and it wasn't mentioned there.

Maybe it works like Fabius Bile's buffs?

Assume it lasts until the start of your next Psychic phase like all blessings. It'll be FAQ'd soon.

You didn't choose the "acceptable quality" ones? Mine are all statutes decorating my Basilica now.
>still awesome

It shouldn't confuse anyone, but it should be errataed at it is a misprint.

really commited to this, aren't ya?

He's only 1PL more than a regular CC
: ^ )

>We had an FAQ and it wasn't mentioned there.
There were literally dozens of things not covered in the 1.0 FAQ. 1.1 is already in the works.

Can you post pics? I've wanted to start up a SoB army for a while and no one in my area cares about recasts.

Could you post a pic? I want to order some but I'm concerned with the quality.

Yeah he totally can as soon as

a. that actually happened (it didn't, he's an obsessive shitsters retard)
b. anyone would actually take the time to recast such a terrible army (they won't)

nice meme

I want to like drop pods but they seem really overpriced ... anyone using them? Thoughts?

Can you post some pics? I'm also an autogynephile who wants cancer.

I hear tell that the Kataphron Breachers are pretty bad this edition and you're better running them all as Destroyers.

>autogynephile
A what

Currently, drop pods sort of don't have a place for SM. Anything that you could drop in with a drop pod, you could just use assault marines or termis to do the same thing, if not better and/or cheaper.

CSMfags no longer whine about not having them so that should tell you how bad they are

You're silly. The real issue is Pask being 10 points more for such ridiculous buffs. I feel like a fool bringing a normal TC without Pask too.

Top kek

They're going to be cheaper in codex, don't panic, sanic

120pts for a single use, unmoving entry vehicle to get the same effects that jumppack or terminator units get for free is poo poo garbage.

Every time I see the word basshole I think bass electronic music instead of asshole with a b in front

New Nurgle units when???

A "Cawl pattern" Bolter is literally just a Scyllax Bolter with a grip and trigger for humanoid hands added.

I know it's not likely, but let a guy hope, user. Geez.

Real real soon, GW time at least

Same.

"Shitsters of basshole" is seriously the worst forced meme on this whole board and I don't even like sisters. SoBstories is a thousand times funnier.

Or fisters of butthole.

Just spam terminators

Yeah it's a pretty bad meme, I mean shit, it's not even funny which is the entire point of a fucking meme.

>being this mad about "shitsters of basshole"

Why did I laugh so hard at this.

was mostly just looking for the torsion cannons, claws were an afterthought.

tottally forgot about that guy, is that a terminator?
can they please stop fucking blasting us with constant new space marine shit and start doing something else

>terminators
>good
pick one

t. terminator spammer

Should I get battle for vedros or know no fear for small starter armies for my friends who want to play?

Vedros kind of has my attention because I have wanted to start a small ork army but it does seem pretty barebones, though not bad for $40.

It's not even being mad, just disappointed at a shitty meme when there is much more potentially better memes.

My buddy and I have been brainstorming shitty ways to play Tyranids for kicks and have cone up with 2 ideas. We have the models for this, barring I think 4-6 Biovores and the wrecker claws which could easily be made if we were ever seriously considering running these.

Old One Eye's Carnival of Carnifex
2500 pts, 3CP
>Supreme command detachment
Malanthrope x4
>Spearhead detachment
Brood of 3 malanthropes
Old One Eye
5 broods of 3 Stonecrusher Carnifex, all with bioplasma and wrecker claws (3 Carnifex with bio-flails)

Malanthropes hide within the walls of Carnifex, shrouding them and eventually granting refills to the army. General melee fun stuff. Think rhino rush but with a ton more bloodshed.

And

Sporeswarm
2496pts, 4CP
>Outrider detachment
Malanthrope
6 broods of 3 meiotic spores (one brood with 4)
2 exocrines
>Outrider detachment
Malanthrope
6 broods of 3 meiotic spores
2 exocrines
>Spearhead detachment
Malanthrope
6 broods of 3 biovores

Meiotic spores deploy before the first turn 12" away from enemies, so dont count for number of units to place for determining first turn. At 2500, 13 units is not that many so you'll get 1st turn most games. Meiotic spores can move and charge to get in range for blowing up, and exocrines can kill backfield threats. Biovores just rain mortal wounds and roadblocks all game. Another option is to replace the second detachment with mucolids but meiotic work better for 1st turn and assaults.

There are plastic korne berzerkers though.

Yeah it's a terminator

But more importantly it's a cataphractii terminator with an indomitus arm, meaning terminator part swaps are now canon

Well maybe Cawl invented the Scyllax Bolter, huh? Did you think of that smartass?

(Though yes, it is 30 range AP4, which'd translate to AP-1 now. So it does have an identical profile, nice catch.)

August maybe September maybe October

The longer GW holds out releasing Plague Marine and Intercessor boxes the more boxes of Dark Imperium they sell.

Do you not like space marine space marines?

But seriously it's going to be a long ass time before anything else gets released. They have to release all this death guard shit and no doubt a whole fucking line for primaris shit.

This looks hilarious, please make battle reports if you actually play these.

It's not meant to be funny, the humour comes from all the butt hurt replies from people who take the bait.

>totally not Necron wraiths

I now have four Intercessors. I have no intention of fielding them, but I have a vague OCD annoyance that I'm one short of a legal unit.

>not spamming terminators
>fun
pick one

t. terminator spammer

>I'M NOT MAD!!!!
kek obviously fucking furious

Under strength units are a thing now and intercessors are also sold in packs of 3 and packs of 1

Oh I'm seriously considering it. I will lose inevitably to melee and on objectives, but the goal is to severely cripple the opposition beforehand.

Go to a random GW.

Pretend you are a newbie.

Get a free Primaris.

Holy shit what is this

A meme. A horrifying meme.

They're legal to field in squads of 3. You just need the datasheet that comes with the Easy To Build™ snapfits.

Yeah that's how I ended up with four: I bought first strike and wheedled one of the free beginners primarines off a GW when I was out of town.

(Hey, not like they knew I wasn't a real beginner.)

SAY DAT TO ME FACE, YA GROT

My Sporeswarm. The first batch actually. I'm not paying $70 for a tyrannocyte so I can get a single spore out of it. Or scrounging around on eBay for one mine at a time. A total cost of a quarter a mine or less. God damn I love conversions.

games-workshop.com/en-US/getting-started-with-40k-2017-ENG

Not awful, but need some work. Two didnt come with backpacks (the heavy bolters), but I have spares anyway.
one tip of a melta broke, as the models are fairly brittle in small areas. Overall? Worth the tiny price and look table-decent. some filing may be required.

Not sure I'd trust him to make anything huge, but I bet every items a gamble.

The larger the model, the less likely recasters are to fuck up on them.

I didn't think it would be possible for shitsters of basshole to look any worse than they already do, but there you go. Nice job, buddy!

only in the sense of larger, flatter models.

Like a rhino, I could see. Would I try a eldar knight or wraith lord? eh

move along poorfag

Tell me how you did them :o!!!!

Spore mines are dollar store fake rubber grapes, air dry clay, hot glue, and some wire to hold them up with. Paint to be fleshy, brush on some 'ardcoat to make it look sticky and mucusy, and stick it to the base.

Mucolids are done the same way but with dollar store plastic golf balls instead of grapes. A smidgeon bigger than an actual mucolids. Might try some dimpled pingpong balls next time.

Good lord, there are Zero netlists for Orks right now, I can't figure out what's really competitive, I know Kannons are REALLY good for their cost, so I'll probably spam those and a shitload of boys?

Any of the forgeworld Ork stuff especially spicy?

>play sisters

I have all original metal models. People constantly ask to pick mine up and see if they are metal. Then praise me when they find out that they are.

Stop being poor.

>I can't figure out what's really competitive

spam boyz