Why is she banned from commander?

Why is she banned from commander?

No good reason, given that bullcrap like Time Stretch is still in.

When this girl isn't?

She's kinda meta defining. There's no reason for a deck not to run her be it Omnath Ramp all the way down to Isamaru weenies. There's no reason not to tutor her, steal her, bribe her, clone her, instant speed reanimate her, sneak attack her, Mimeoplasm her, etc. There will always be an Emmy 1.0 and the game will always be a race to get her out, bribe her, or combo out before someone else gets her out.

But she's legal in all formats except commander. Why isn't she seen in those decks (mostly)? Beyond tribal elderazi it doesn't make much sense.

Do you really need to be asking that question?

So it's okay to have stuff like time stretch in, because only blue decks deserve to have such degeneracy available?

The ban list is incoherent and doesn't make sense, news at 11.

I can counter time stretch dip shit.

>she
This will never not annoy me. It's an unknowable cosmic entity beyond mortal comprehension and understanding. It is as far beyond humans as humans are ants. So why the fuck did WOTC give their Yog-Sothoth gender. How the fuck does it ascribe to any sort of gender. It just doesn't apply.

>Eldrazi are now girls and boys.
Was better when they were just "IT". Much more alien that way.

This.

And the fact that if it gets to swing (and there are more than enough ways that let Emrakul swing) someone at the table feels really bad. The fact that someone gets their legs cut off is a worse feeling than someone comboing off and killing everyone at once.

It's all about the Anniihilator 6.

Because Emeria was female.

Or because they wanted fem bolas.

But Yogg is distinctly male.
Have you read The Dunwich Horror?

Other formats have a harder time getting enough mana or have better things to cast with their mana. In commander, the deck building cost is negligible and the effect is huge.

Yog impregnated a woman, but that makes it male in the same sense as shub-niggurath would be female, as that is the method by which they procreate, being perversions of classic gods. We don't have any fucking clue what their opinons on gender are, and they presumably don't have any, hell the mi-go don't have any. It's a very human thing, and the only reason some gods are referred to by gender is because it's been projected on to them through human understandings of biology.
Now, has emrakul fucked anyone and either gotten them pregnant or gotten pregnant herself? No? Then why the fuck does it have gender.

>now
No, this has been a thing for several years. Maybe if you were playing the game at that point you would know.

While you make perfect sense in that regard (desu I actually never thought of it that way before) perhaps a better question is whether she should be allowed as a commander, just not in the 99? After all it'd be a colourless deck with all the limitations that come with that...

She sees quite a bit of play in legacy and vintage, but mostly it has to do with being able to win the game way before you can hit 15 mana. Pic related, you drop an emrakul, and they drop a tarmogoyf or something.
Sneak and show is a cool deck though, and Oath of Druids is the vintage deck I would play if I had the money for it.

Because creature recursion is very easy, and she thus makes infinite turns too accessible.

I think that'd be a fair caveat. Colorless still has some infinite mana tricks, but being commander would largely negate any other methods of cheating her out.

>Why isn't she seen in those decks (mostly)? Beyond tribal elderazi it doesn't make much sense.
Sometimes I forget how cripplingly bad Veeky Forums is at Magic.
To answer that question, competitive MTG deck construction is about trying to be consistent. If you can build a deck that wins the game before turn 15 (i.e: most decks in competitive mtg), you don't want a card that costs 15 mana in your hand. You either build around Emrakul or you don't want her to make your deck less consistent.

extra turn, difficult to answer, easy to cast off of just artifacts

time stretch doesn't come with a tough to remove 15/15 with annihilator 5 in the command zone

Because Wizards Hates Cute girls.

For being too cute

Annihilator 6, idiot.

so my commander knowledge is hazy, does your commander go to the graveyard when destroyed?

No one called Emmy she in 2011.

because sheldon lost to emmy

It touches it for the purposes of graveyard triggers, then immediately goes back into the Commander zone. Even if it was to get exiled (because of something like Rest in Peace turning all graveyards into Exile zones) it touches it, then goes to the Commander zone.

It used to be the "best" way to get rid of a Commander was shuffle it into the deck, but I think they eventually changed the rules so that the moment it would leave the battlefield it can go back to the Commander zone.

Even back in original Zendikar block, Emrakul was known as Emeria, one of the three "gods" of the plane, as was known as a female deity. It's only after ROE block that we saw that the gods were Eldritch beings that destroyed planes, and knowledge of them lost/corrupted over the years to twist their names/visage into gods.

Most people that I'm aware of tended to refer to the Eldrazi as it or he, but I know of some people even in 2011 that gave Emrakul a female pronoun due to the Emeria name it had from the Zendikar lore.

It was a small part of my group, but it did occur, versus Ulamog and Kozilek who almost universally were given a it or male pronoun.

But that's anecdotal evidence, not any real definitive proof.

Emeria-chan was always best girl

Baby Emrakul isn't that scary when you have 5 players.

>It touches it for the purposes of graveyard
No you doublenigger, your commander doesn't "die" as in goes to graveyard and then is put in the command zone, either you send it to the graveyard or you send it to the command zone, commanders that have abilities that trigger on death don't trigger them when sent to the command zone, only if you send them to the graveyard. If then they change zone again as the graveyard gets shuffled back in or exiled than you have the choice to send it to the command zone instead of library or exile

how are you this fucking bad at magic

RTFC.

Emrakul doesn't have a gender, but the representation of Emrakul, Emeria was a female.

Ironically, Angels are also genderless in MtG

No, commanders going to the command zone don't trigger death triggers.