Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Rape Elves Edition

Previous Thread: >FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13483986
docs.google.com/document/d/1uk-E_KwlHU7xnM0_QhqPsPQ6zbvoP-yrSQBvZEnHc0A/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for the Drukhari!

Does anyone have scans of the Open War cards? I don't want to have to go buy them.

Aren't they for open play only? If so they're worth less than a snotling. At least snotlings are puppies.

>tfw want to start a new army but know it's just an impulse buy
Anyone else ever had this feeling?

4th for Lelith Hesperax is a druggie.

Why do poor people play 40k and then bitch about GW's prices?

I feel like that's how GW get most of their sales.
People pick an army, organise the first half of it, and then go "Yeah, that'd be cool!" and impulse buy the rest of their stuff.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE STARS MEAN

All the time, then I realize all I need is more dreadnoughts. Beer-guts Boxnought cant come soon enough.

R8

Thanks for your opinion, I've had a lot of fun with large open play games though and I don't automatically hate everything new like a sperg so I still want them.

Of course we have. Resist. You'll thank yourself in the long run and be able to save the money and not hate yourself for being so easily duped.

Do plague marines suck? 21 ppm seems pretty high for bog standard tacticals damage potential

Tonight is the night!
At the very least I should be able to plop it down as a silo for tomorrow's game

Has the Land Raider been discontinued? People say the original space marines are being phased out in the next year.

Captains are just patsies for overchargning plasma weapon squads now.

>plays open
>calls people spergs
You really want to have fun you get your friends together and get wasted as you play.

Daily reminder to post this image in every thread for newfags.

They are very hard to kill and have caused a lot of rage at the games I've played and watched

>>they do okay at their job, which is to be meatshields for everything else

What should I do to achieve this magenta flame colour? I want to use it on the flames in my pink horror's hands.

It's weird to me that they're doing two Imperial codexes in a row, instead of following up with Chaos so the Smurf Dex has a proper opponent.

How much of an overdone showpiece model do you figure they're going to make for the new plastic Abaddon?

>heh kid, you think you're having fun? think again.
>I know how to have real fun, not like you spergs

They are

no, that's bullshit.
It's all bullshit rumors.

You mean their position of leadership and command is why you take them instead of trying to pretend they're good at melee for their points?

About fucking time

For love.

I have a lot of primaris now and only gonna get more despite not playing SM.

Saradomin

>magenta

Nose with Arms is almost as disgraceful as Exposed Headnought.

user you absolute fucking retard that is exactly what they're doing.

they do make good guards for countercharging/heroic intervention if someone charges the plasmas

Maybe but the Land Raider has sold out on the GW UK website.

What does the typical Tzeentch list look like? My local shop isn't playing AOS anymore, and are switching to 40k. I have SOME tzeentch daemons from AOS that I can use, but I'm also considering just grabbing a admech SC.

Primaris Grey Knights?

Yes, because all games need rules and boundaries. Otherwise it's nonsense.
>19 captchas

I wanna see what the thread thinks is the most annoying fanbase here.
I selected 8 faction options for what I see posted the most since I didn't want a 30-something options poll to try and include everyone.
Bearing in mind IG is the most plentiful, that may skew the polls towards or away from them.

strawpoll.me/13483986

Start Nurgle Demons, Primaris chapter, or another Marine Chapter?

>IH still mad about their chapter tactic
So what would you fags prefer? +1 to invulns? Inviolate armor? Move and fire heavy unrestricted?

Jesus fuck marines are too privileged, one of the best CT isn't enough because they don't get an army of special characters like all the other power armors

so are a whole lot of things.
They're doing a big repackaging and reset.
If everything that is sold out is being phased out, every army is being half phased out.

Yes, that classic Imperial Codex, Chaos Space Marines.

>white person using the word privileged

kek

It's the symbol of Olympia I'd those are Iron Warriors helmets.
Otherwise, IDFK.

In other news apparently people in corrective facilities play Dark Heresy. Who knew they liked being on the other side of the law.

95% chance of nope. I'm expecting nothing of the GK codex and it will impress me if it still manages to disappoint, considering it's track record from 7th.

a fair point, in fact my might of heroes lieutenant and captain managed to really blunt a genestealer charge with just the two of them standing in front of my hellblasters.

What else has sold out? I still want a few SM things and I couldn't give a fuck about chadmarines.

Opinion on heldrakes for Chaos anti air?

There's no real anti air option for chaos from the look of things and it's kinda bothering me.

We don't even know their stratagem or WL trait yet, either. Their WL trait and/or Relic could be extra busted to make up for the fact that they have no named characters.

What the fuck is even going to be in the GK codex?

Unless they change some rules from the index, I'm expecting 1-3 relics, 1 strategem, 3 more sanctic powers and 1 warlord trait for $50.

It's just -1 to hit
Take a Prescience LasPred and shoot 'em down.

What does a Tzeentch list look like in 40k? My local shop isn't playing AOS anymore, and are switching to 40k. I have SOME tzeentch daemons from AOS that I can use, but I'm also considering just grabbing an admech SC.

pretty good. Its a legit melee monster and it can fight airborne stuff in the fight phase.

The Space Marine Codex has 26 fucking Stratagems and you think Grey Knights will get 1?

Anything you want to that has the . You're most likely going MSU to capitalize of mortal wound output.

Is there a source anywhere at all showing that it's Olympia's symbol? I just wanna know some context of why FW put em on there when everything about Iron Warriors says "Plates on top of plates on top of rivets and more plates"

Prob 3 per codex. 8 chapters x 3 = 24. Dunno where the fuck those other 2 came from. 3 strategems seems like a good and typical amount right?

did you *see* the 7th edition GK codex?

>that GSC breeder mention
Where is she, bros

I don't care what the spergs thought, she was great

>no Tau
You didn't even try did you?

The mystery of the IW star has never been revealed. When asked, FW just shrugged and said lol. It's been a mystery for several years already.

Each Chapter gets 1. The rest of them are all generic or unit-specific.

26 - 8 = 18. So probably 3-6 of those are Adeptus Astartes and the remaining 12-15 are for units.

Who gives a fuck, it's not the same writers anymore retard. Every army is getting support.

On probably, where you belong too.

Disappointment.

Look at the chedar and laugh.
docs.google.com/document/d/1uk-E_KwlHU7xnM0_QhqPsPQ6zbvoP-yrSQBvZEnHc0A/edit

Temporary out of stock or sold out?
btw, land raiders aren't out of stock.

Suck my dick gayboy, go play with your niggercock landspeeders and homobikes

>Who gives a fuck, it's not the same writers anymore retard.

Do I have bad news for you...

MSU?

I thought for a while whether to include them. They aren't the most popular group here. Bear in mind it is the fan base here not whatever blogs you trawl.
Most of the time they get shitposted about so it seemed like a meme option if any so I decided to not include it.

You can bitch about prices and not be poor. It's bullshit how a box of ork boyz costs less then a box of space marines.

Jesus christ why is Tau such an autistic faction

I never bitch about the price of things I can easily afford. I don't even bitch about the price of things I can't afford. I guess that's just what being smart and having a good job gets you.

Spot the triggered /soc/fag.
You have to go back

On the UK website the normal land raider is OOS but the land raider crusader is OOP.

>doesn't even deny he's a dark angels loving faggot who gets triggered by pretty girls
>shilling his gay hookup board
WEW

>Tau not being an option
Shit poll.

>mindless drones
Bullshit, tau drones are programmed with self preservation and aren't considered expendable.

Whoever made it needs to be kicked in the dick repeatedly. Holy shit it frustrates me to know end, especially because if the stars weren't there, they'd look honestly more fitting, but the adding of an ornate star is just, I need some fucking context FW, god damn.

@54417753
If you want that (You) you'll need to bait a little harder my thirsty beta virgin friend.

So like groups of 3 flamers or 10 horrors (initially pink)?

>It's bullshit how a box of ork boyz costs less then a box of space marines.
Fucking how? It takes a lot more Orks to make an army than it does Marines, and they're not as popular so they need help selling with price cuts, and they're much older lower quality models.

You sound like a butthurt poor marinefag.

noice m8

US both are in stock.
It's a distribution center thing.

Not FW fault you're an autistic idiot who feels warhammer must be HISTORICALLY ACCURATE FICTION

Original Terran Legion symbol?

Just use primaris.

Fuck you nigger, wouldn't you have some reservations if the Thousand Sons got a new release but they are were all of a sudden all dressed in Viking esque garb? It doesn't make sense why something would be established and then have a design that contradicts the actual fluff.

>having a single unintrusive four-pointed star icon on some of your models that are otherwise exactly like they've always been is the same as Thousand Sons in Viking garb
Take your fucking meds

>being obsessed with some weird 4/10 daddy issues girl who just happens to whore herself on the internet with memes from your favorite plastic toy soldier franchise

why

So I could run a daemonic force with shit like scarab termies or rubric marines on the side?

Because that's the closest he'll ever get to talking to a girl.

>Fate of konor campaign has a lord of war bonus in one of the weeks
>Literally never seen anyone at my GW field a lord of war of any kind
>have a baneblade and a scythed heirodule

Will it be wrong to show up with and field both in the same game?

Your poll is bad and you should feel bad.

You can use anything as long as every unit shares a faction keyword. Chaos would allow both tsons and demons, but certain buffs and abilities will only affect certain units

why didn't you just list each actual army that exists you colossal faggot?

Sure can, it's all in the chaos index. Note that csm daemon princes buff both daemons and tzeentch csm while cd daemon princes only buff tzeentch daemons, which includes csm daemons like the fiends and such

Any units can be used in an army so long as they share at least one faction keyword.

Does anyone have a link to the wargaming discord?

No. Fuck off and take your shitty datamining honeypot with you.