Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1623: Tax Refund Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn
>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/archdragon.shtml
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Go to Bastard jump
>Take all ninja perks along with Kage capstone
>Take Ninja Army
>Go to Naruto
>Start up Village
>Declare self as Kage

Yes or no /jc/ ?

So now that black crusade is up for grabs again, who do you think should take it?

So would it be possible to effectively etch spells permanently into your mind/soul as a D&D wizard so you don't have to prepare them?

Yes.

What is your favorite kind of dragon /jc/? I like mtg dragons for the variety but I hear there are some bigass dragons from other settings.

You. Who else could possibly do it justice? No else here could fail as hard as Abbadon does.

>You are litterally able to punch Obito in the face, Sharin-Hax be damned.
All my yes.

I like my dragons cute and fluffy.

This one

I'm partial to Grigori

So what would be a good starting jump for a superhero-themed jumper, /jc/? And I do mean a bona-fide, idealistic superhero who always try to save everyone and only kills when there is absolutely no other options available whatsoever.

Reposting from last thread

Still need an idea for a 100cp drawback

My Hero Academia.

Generic Magical Girl?

My Hero Academia. it's perfect for it. Literally. You're going to Hero School and everything.

Gotta go big

I really am a fan of My Hero Academia for that sort of thing, especially since the super hero schooling system looks really well designed from the point of teaching you all the ins and outs of heroing from stopping bad guys to disaster relief to minimizing collateral damage to handling the press. Not to mention helping you become a respected hero no matter how dangerous or lethal your power may appear.

I like grigori.

Good taste.

What about bad luck?

But did you choose Grigori in the jump?

I'm rather Partial to Spyro dragons,There's a reason I took them as my race in civilization.

My Hero Academia,PS238

I did in dragons dogma.

reduced artefacts from ship breaking, taht could work

Which jump?

No. Preparing your spells isn't just memorizing them.

Wizards use the preparation time to cast most of the spell beforehand, only using a trigger (which is the normal casting you see them doing) to finish the spell later.

There is an Alternate Class Feature called the Eidetic Spellcaster (Dragon vol. 357 pg. 89), which grants the ability to memorize and prepare spells without a spellbook. But that works exactly like doing things with a spellbook, except with the "spellbook" being your memory.

Also, there is an Epic Feat that allows you to turn a spell into a 3x per day Spell-like Ability, by sacrificing a much higher spell slot.

To be perfectly honest, while the game is one of my favorites ever, I don't really care for the Jump or the idea of visiting the place. There's nothing in the way of powers I'm too terribly interested in on their own, and we don't know much about the wider world outside the island you adventure around on and the Dark Arisen Island, so I normally just don't go. It holds a lot of fond memories, just not in Jumpchain.

Fashionable.

>reduced artefacts from ship breaking, taht could work

That kept happening to the let's player I was watching , In fact most of those items on the upgrade list I didn't know were in game

Not him but I could have swore there was a way in dnd to eschew materials and xp cost by paying in gold, any idea where thats from?

I personally like standard D&D red dragons for appearance. Pity you have to be evil if you want to be one.

Fuck that's a good choice.

How does this build look for Generic Video Game Developer?

---Jump Number: 4
---Title: Generic Video Game Developer
---Starting Era: 2000
> Rolled 4 on a 1d8, got 2000.

> Rolled 5 on a 1d8, added 17.

---Background: Indie, Producer
---Drawbacks: +1000 Choice Points
> +100 Choice Points - Bad Movie Adaptation
> +300 Choice Points - Doing it for the art
> +300 Choice Points - Sail the Seven Seas
> +300 Choice Points - Critical Failure

---Perks: 2000 Choice Points
> Free from Background - It’s My Game!
> Discounted from Background, -100 Choice Points - It’s Not a Bug, It’s a Feature
> Discounted from Background, -200 Choice Points - One Hit Wonder: Capstone Booster
> Discounted from Background, -300 Choice Points - Steam Sale: Capstone
> -400 Choice Points - Cult Classic: Capstone Booster
> -400 Choice Points - Triple A Title: Capstone Booster
> -600 Choice Points - Making Virtual a Reality:Capstone

---Ending: Onto the next jump

You only get about 12 of them I think, in any campaign.

Dragons Dogma jump

>Spoiler
Yeah I know what you mean I loved the game itself and all the lore I could scrape from it. No idea what I would do in the jump besides beat the quest I guess.

So why do sorcerers only need the trigger, then?

Is capcha making anyone else choose like six street signs in a row?

Silver dragons... because I like way they look. That's it.

You could skip goblins off the ocean and watch the fucking demon krill eat them. That's always fun.

He looks so happy.

Is there no way around that?

Reminder that Silver Dragons are humanaboos who love human culture and want to make babies with humans.

Really?, thanks for telling me and also aww man that looks so good

Be lawful evil, follow the laws you believe in and say fuck the ones you dont. Still do good things but also know how to be greedy. Lawful evil is best.

My air game is unmatched

No idea. I only know the Eschew Materials feat (and it's Epic variant for higher material costs) to ignore the materials entirely.

Though there is Distilled Joy/Ambrosia for the xp costs of item creation, but that's only 2xp per dose.

Not sure, really... I guess they're just using a different method of casting? Maybe their natural talent does most of the work.

I don't actually care much for Dragons. But a giant robot with missiles, a giant drill, comes rises up from the ocean when called with a dagger flute and then wrap it all up with nostalgia. I cannot help but love the mighty Dragonzord.

I was under the impression that for FR you got to choose your alignment. Not that it mattered for my build, but I thought that was given so people could play monsters and such. Otherwise what's the point?

Wait, really? I don't know much about FR dragons other than what I skimmed on the wiki and it focused mostly on the culture part. Didn't make any mention of a desire to sex up humans.

Seems like shitty fetish fuel.

This game was great if only for those Aircraft carriers, Got any of the hover carrier Strike-Chan?

You could just...ignore the alignment rule. It's dumb in my view.

Gaalsien don't have the gunship and don't have base runners with turrets, but I'll play a game just for you and make some webms at some stage

So with all the money that can be easily gotten through various methods are there any perks that use money in their use? I know there are things like the Memory Vendor & Buy Mode but is there anything else?

Hey One-Armed user, are you still doing those Demon companions mentioned at the end of the OC companions section? And would a Warlock who purchased them possibly be able to summon them instead of using them as full companions (and would they be able to summon other companions who took Demonic, like Eredar)? ...Oh, and same question for a Hunter using the Newborn as animal companion?

Would an Titan-forged with Demonic basically be a humanoid (or whatever you took as race) Infernal?

Can companions from The Party take Order Leadership or Paths of Darkness too?

If you're still looking into the Mixed Discounts stuff, maybe you could include Windriders/Windwarriors? Pandaren Transcendents or Wardancers? Berserkers and Dire Trolls/Orcs? Leywalkers? Holy striders?

And maybe including a Path of Darkness based on the Scourge/Lich King could be really cool?

Also, I must say, I'm having fun making ridiculous companions with the Party option. Like a Murloc Steam Warrior, who upon destruction of his Steam Armor, can jump out and reveal that he's also a Worgen-Murloc Bonecrusher with a transformation into an unholy wolf-murloc, for a two-stage boss fight.

Always [alignment] creatures don't actually have to be said alignment, from what I recall. It's just that the ones who aren't are so rare they might as well not even be acknowledged as existing outside of a DM specifically wanting one in their game.

Although this gets weird with creatures that are literally made out of an alignment.

You're the best Stike-Chan

>Although this gets weird with creatures that are literally made out of an alignment.
Succubus Paladin is just odd, yes.

You poor, poor man. Literally, I mean. Don't starve. Looks good

In the Saints Row jump there's a perk that lets you spend money to train your skills

Eidetic Spellcaster would be good if you didn't need to give up so much for. I like it, but losing the familiar and the scribe scroll hurts. I actually use improved familiar so I might be biased. I suppose you could just buy scrolls at magic-mart.
I think Sorcerers do it with like force of will or some shit. Would explain why non-quickened metamagic requires full round actions for them and not for wizards, since the wizard just spends the extra time during preparation.

Could also be like Spell-like abilities, but that's more along the lines of warlock. It's just an innate power and instead of having other features they can learn more powers.

Yea
>Always
It's something like 1% are not the alignment listed. There's also the often and usually descriptors for alignment, with usually being like 90% or something and often being 75% or above, if I recall.
Succubi Paladins notwithstanding, creatures that are literally made of chaos and evil have good reasons for being chaotic evil. That's like a lone exception.

Outsiders are just kind of funny.

So be Paarthurnax: D&D edition.

"What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"

I vaguely remember there being a lawful good red dragon because of prophecy and a wizard. Its always a wizard.

I'd imagine being a Jumper means your alignment is the one you started with regardless of choice of race, barring character development or drawback.

That's a good one. The jump even has perks to make money in it too.

So while we're talking about them anyway, how does stuff like D&D dragons work in the context of Jumpchain? Most of their abilities come from growing as they age... but as a jumper, your age is effectively reset every ten years.

There's Alchemy from Master of Magic that lets you turn Gold into Mana.

People handle it differently.

For me
Drop In: Dragon form is true age
Otherwise: Dragon form is the same relative age as background.

People tend to use age adjusting abilities or powers such as Lifeless Being from Tales of Symphonia to reach an adult or elder age for D&D Dragons. I think for other things, it just counts off of a background timeline based on your chain.

Is anyone working on an Injustice 2 jump?

Because IIRC the events of the first game take place five years after the Joker nukes Metropolis. Injustice 2 takes place five years after Superman gets brought down.

With the current Injustice jump you might only be around for the very beginning of Injustice 2 at the end of the ten years because the jump starts the day after Metropolis gets destroyed.

Unless you take the "Age of Order" drawback which puts your starting point five years after Joker nukes Metropolis except Batman and Superman are working together.

You're practically a young adult in most jumps. Stuff like forced reincarnation grand hex on Witch in Pathfinder royally screws dragons, since you can reincarnate the ancient or older dragon and make it lose almost all of its sorcerer powers.

VtR Blood Potency would face a similar problem, but not really since that's tied to your age as a vampire instead of physical age.

I'm guessing you'd write it however you prefer, whichever is more fun.

What happens if you have something like Lifeless Being or Narnian Time that lets you control your age at-will? Can you slide all the way to an elder dragon's level in an instant?

>Superman going full retard and using Brainiac's tech
If you needed any further proof that Superman is a goddamn idiot in that universe, there you go. There's a reason I used Sajuuk to erase Brainiac in that universe when I visited. Fuuuuck that.

Wait a god damned second, how the hell is Lobo there? Superman threw him into the sun!

Got it. Time to meet All Might and cute acid girl it is! Thank guys.

Arch-dragon template can convert you racial alignment to any of the four basic alignments.

realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/archdragon.shtml

From dragon magazine so it's at least as kosher as taking the Time Dragon.

Quick question if I take Eternal Bond and use a dragon i defeated but then I go to the Inheritance Cycle could I import them as my dragon there too? Considering it only says anything about importing a companion there, not sure what my bonded dragon would count as.

Lobo's literally immortal. Even outside of his healing factor, he's barred from the afterlife so that he can't die.

DLC baby

I dunno. Maybe there was enough left that escaped the sun so he could regenerate? That's just Superman's arcade ending so it's probably not canon.

Personally I conquered Injustice Earth.

I know he can heal from one drop of his blood but when all of his blood is annihilated because HE WAS THROWN INTO THE SUN? The only explanation is that he fell into a plot hole on the way.

No problem dude. I'll be up for a few more hours too so feel free to shoot me any questions you might need answers for.

>spoiler

Good choice.

>Personally I conquered Injustice Earth.
I feel like I should have. I tried to derail it and everyone still went full retard despite Metropolis not actually getting nuked, and Lois Lane being there to scream at Superman not to do what he's doing. I did the next best thing and made enough tech available so muggles could raise arms against all the metahumans. Batman was unhappy when I pointed out that people die in wars and if he doesn't like it he could go join the Regime, who was trying to end all wars permanently.

Some settings are too stupid to leave to their own devices.

What settings have de-aging or age control?
Narnia (Narnian Time, obviously) and In Nomine (Songs of Entropy, iirc) are the only two I can think of.

BUT NO KILLING, CRUX

NOT EVEN THE OMNICIDAL KNOWLEDGE-DEVOURING ALIEN-CYBORG-SHIP.

Are there any jumps or perks where people cook food for supernatural effects?

Whatever happened to that TMNT jump someone was working on?

>Are there any jumps or perks where people cook food for supernatural effects?

Yes

Yeah, they went beyond full retard with Batman. The supervillains, for the most part? Okay, yeah, I can see that - you should leave them to the lawful authorities. You're not judge, jury, and executioner. But when there is literally no authority that can deal with it, you do what must be done. Especially in Brainiac's case.

WoW is going to have the cooking perk.
If you can't get a perk, maybe buy resources that are magical even when cooked into something? Sims has herbs with weird effects that can be cooking into food.

There are definitely more perks for magical cooking, probably mostly RPG jumps, but they are out there.

I took the drawback that means you can't leave until Superman and Batman's combined Regime is taking down, so I basically HAD to take over.

I used an abundance of mind control perks to get everyone important under my control.

>Some settings are too stupid to leave to their own devices.

A-fucking-men, brother. I was not nice to that universe at all. The stupidity made me go Full Darkseid.

To be fair to Injustice Batman, as much as it pains me to do so, there was actually a good reason for him being against killing Brainiac that time.

They had no idea how to restore the digitized cities and Brainiac would be the only one with that knowledge. So leaving him alive for the time being until they get that knowledge would have been smart.

Okay, see, that makes some small amount of sense. And it's still a far cry from Clark "Let's Use Brainiac's Tech To Lobotomize Everyone" Kent.

No, see, if Lobo dies, they literally kick him back to life in a new body if need be.

Honestly, the entire Trinity are the worst offenders in Injustice.

Batman for being a retard and pushing away Clark when he needed emotional support.

Superman for going Full Retard.

Wonder Woman for encouraging Clark to go Full Retard.

It felt good to have them kneel before me.

Let's be honest, the only reason Wonder Woman encouraged this shit was because with Lois out of the way she had a shot at getting some of that Superdick.

Wonder Woman is the chief offender there. She decided to basically ignore everything she's doing because she secretly wanted Superman to put the whole planet under his boot the entire time or something.

Which is totally out of character. Like everyone else is totally out of character.

I can accept it only because that's a universe where the people writing it literally can't decide what is what WITH THE GAME ALREADY PUBLISHED, because of DLC and dollar signs lighting up their eyes.

I really don't want to agree with you. I REALLY don't want to agree with you. But it's pretty damned obvious, yes.

That's true.

She still deserves to get all her bones broken.

Should I take Generic Xianxia early? I know from the thread that it takes a shit ton of time and resources for Cultivators to make significant progress, but does that make a real difference?

I took it as a vacation jump to piss about.

I use real eater to give me some slack to say 'eh, fuck it, it'll work' (referring to combos and stuff)
All dragons a shit and should be brutally ended in the most painful and spectacular fashion possible.
Cold blooded garbage, i'd say.

>Wonder Woman is the chief offender there. She decided to basically ignore everything she's doing because she secretly wanted Superman to put the whole planet under his boot the entire time or something.
Yeah, she basically just threw out everything she's stood for since she was created. The Amazons were separate from the "world of man" because they believed they were violent and tyrannical. So she decides to drive a distraught man who just lost his wife and child to do violent and tyrannical things because she wants dat super succ.

I feel like comics Wonder Woman would literally beat her to death for every single thing she does in Injustice.

What one jump should I take before Worm?

Harry Potter.

>Cold blooded garbage, i'd say.
Dragon blood is literally fire!

STOP OPPRESSING DRAGONS, YOU IGNORAMUS