Deathwing Chaplain update

steamcommunity.com/games/298900/announcements/detail/1430307963807000690
New update for Deathwing.
Chaplain and new weapons added.
Customisation system incoming, probably planned for the console release.
Random missions are up now as well, no need to redo the same stuff in the same order over and over again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=03eNODCDdqY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought the devs abandoned this game

They didn't actually. Far from it. They worked quite a lot to fix it, but they're a small team, they can't really push out weekly patches. Still, it's slowly taking form.

In the end, when they add customisation and other stuff, I can see it becoming a solid game.

Bump so that people can see it.

If they don't proceed to make E.Y.E 2 after that, i'd like to see an Ork expansion.
COZ NIDS AINTZ DA ONLY FOIGHTYZ ON DA HULK!

Think it was mentionned that GW restricted to nids.
But maybe in an expansion, sonce that would give the devs the opportunity to negociate that again.

But there are already modeled Lasguns and other small arms in the game, would it be too hard to put in a Guardsman mode? Or Skitarii? Because they clearly have the mechanicus licensed as well.

Guess I'll finally pick this game up, forgot to

I'll be happy if they fix the bugs and resolve the optimization issues.

Hardcore mode:
>Same amount of enemies
>Guardsman squad

Well, there is a laundry list of bugs in the update that got patched.

Heard a melee Marine with thunderclaws were worthless, this still true?

I don't know how well the assault terminator does with it with all the skills unlocked but the Mace/Hammer and SS are usually better.

>skulking this behemoth of a ship with your squadmates
>checking your corners, retrieving objectives requires careful coordination
>then you here the scuttling
>run as a group to an area you can set up as a killzone
>Heavy weapons guy props up his Heavy Stubber on a bipod
>the flame trooper stands hesitantly by the door
>both troopers train their lasgun sights on the door, supported by the sanctioned Psyker.
And they all died anyway because Jerry threw a grenade by accident.

It doesn't have as much durability as the shield guy, and you will be eating enemy fire.
But I found once you have the fury ability unlocked it becomes food processor simulator.

>carefully walk around the space hulk
>die suddenly because you neither have enhanced senses to hear the buggers, nor armour that can take at least some slashes from genestealer claws
>also your weapon isn't exactly useful in such small numbers against genestealers
I mean, I like the Guard too, but there's a reason they send in Terminators to clear out Space Hulks. And even they are often not enough. Although, I guess you can send in more Guardsmen then Terminators at any given time.

It's Streum On. Every new content update brings new bugs. Bless'em, they're trying their darndest, but that's the truth of it.

True that, hopefully its at least playable and i don't have to wait for the map to load (Admitedlly it helped a lot to breeze through ambushes since i could shoot through walls)

>no Veeky Forums group for Deathwing

Buncha fukken Fallen.

REPENT MADAFAKAAAAA

>ork expansion

And then Streum On released their Ork racing game.

Not as a game.

But as a game mode for Deathwing.

>Stormbolter phobos pattern
Sexy stuff

>Super Chaplain Kart

Genestealers have no armor, they're easy targets in the open.

Not only do they have armor but they're also blindingly and can see perfectly in pitch black, which is what 90% of a Space Hulk is.

You would need likely two to three entire infantry regiments to clear out a single Hulk, and even then you'd probably suffer mass casualties.

Have you tried playing it recently? I heard most of the bugs were no more.

They have something better than armor. They have an exoskeleton.

Isn't an exosqueleton an external one? They have a squeleton, but not an exo one.

Niggas already got the masks for it

youtube.com/watch?v=03eNODCDdqY

Think they wanted to do an ork bike racing game. I'd kill for a Double Dash-like.

Too little, way too fucking late.

Will it ever release for ps4?
i remember they announced it, then delayed it, then fucking nothing.
I have a potato pc and I don't think Ill buy a new one just for this game.

End of this year apparently.

I mean, do you still have the game? Everything is free, and we, at Streum On, would be happy to have you back!

Did they unfuck their game? It was a buggy mess at launch and I dropped it

Let's say it's a top contender for "Most Improved" 40k game.

Undoubtedly, it's unfucked. However, is it good? Eeeeh depends on what you like. I like it. It plays well now so it's good for me, I'm looking forward to seeing more content, especially with the console release, that'll be a big content update to drop.

>DoW Necron expansion is on hold until it gets more players
>All we get is a few skins and free maps
>Gameplay is still the same
>No last stand

I daresay it's THE top contender. Focus is still trying to support Deathwing, while Sega has definitely moved on after the release of the stillborn that is DoW3.

Plays pretty well, still have some problems with doodads not loading in or even more humorously genestealers. I'll just shoot a flamer at the invisible wall and maybe 10 seconds later all the genestealers die.

Other than that the game runs great, and it's plenty difficult. I enjoy it a lot.

How's the new update?

>Believed in the devs from the start and even through the rocky release I supported them in hopes that they'd keep fixing stuff and adding new things
>This happens alongside all the other fixes and whatnot

Goddammit I'm so happy.

That would make a good tabletop mini.

Are Interrogator Chaplains spoopy enough to succesfully torture Tyranids?

Listen, everyone would love to see a Warhammer Cart Racer, but I can't imagine it's remotely in the cards.

Yeah, same here. Glad to see small teams suceeding, even more so when it's about 40k.

REPENT MOTHERFUCKER!

Considering there's already an ork racing game in mobile that has received GW support and got some ad in WD, I can definitely see it happening.

Anyone played Chaplain yet?

Which class do you normally play lads?

Is there a way to fit a standard power armored IC into a Ravenwing/Devastator List? The model is so dope but I can't justify them.

Why not make you own?

Just glue a bunch of IC sprues on a bike, call it a "dreadnought-style biker" and call it a day. Don't bother painting it for good effect.

>not bringing an empty base

Hm... Maybe I will get it, when you have flamethrowers again.

I think they've been introduced months ago.

Is this game any good? I was interested in the buildup to it, but it kind of fell off of my radar.

It has several issues, but the core is good, especially if you like shooting things with cool guns. You'll be doing a lot of that, after all. Get it while it's on sale, or wait for the Enhanced Edition to come out later this year.

True, now thay the other user said it, I remember that it's 40% off right now. I'd suggest buying it now, so that you can get the Enhanced Edition for free later. When that comes out, it'll be full price for a long time I reckon.

I legitimately can't tell if this is bait or not, since Streum On have posted here before and weren't particularly subtle about it.

Yeah no don't worry. I'm sure they do care for their game, and they want it to be good, but some original decisions were...ill placed, to say the least.

As a Frog myself, I want them to succeed, and simply hope the game can win back the hearts of fans, notably with the enhanced edition.

You only get one chance to make a first impression in the entertainment biz. Interest dried up long ago and frankly I can understand why, a heavily panned horde shooter that requires months of patching to even break into the middle of the pack isn't worth my time regardless of how much brand recognition it waves around.

Eeeeeh Space Marine wasn't a great game by any means either. Yet it managed.
But if you haven't bought it, sure. However, if you have it in your steam library already, why not profit now that it's fixed?

Can someone explain what this game is about?

You're part of a 3 man squad of Deathwing Terminators. You play as a Librarian. The chapter finds a Space Hulk with Dark Angel ships on it and you get to go cleanse and purge the Tyranids in the ship.

To be honest the Campaign plot is kinda bland but shooting stuff and using psyker powers is fucking incredibly fun.