EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Old stuff edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
How old is your commander? The oldest card in your deck? Your deck's average?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grenzo-the-value-warden/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-07-17-fear-the-swarm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

New thread, still looking for criticism on this Grenzo list. MODO 1v1 rules so no sol ring or doomsday.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grenzo-the-value-warden/

Why the fuck would you play that card?

It shuts down... everything but colorless decks. Including your own deck.

kruphix god stuffed with eldrazi and other colorless spells.

New set, new commanders, and The Locust God seems like he's an interesting take on Izzet that isn't spellslinging.

Here's the decklist:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-07-17-fear-the-swarm/

Any suggestions?
I should probably take out Jori En, she doesn't do much given that I'm not likely to care about a second spell.
Another counterspell, maybe?

are fast lands any useful in edh? it's pretty low on the edhrec list
should i run a brushland instead maybe? similar price

massive raid
winds of change instead of magmatic insight
coastal piracy
stranglehold instead of fevered visions (i just personally hate playing any kind of howling mine effect)

coat of arms

also, cut all non-basics.

become enlightened and run back to basics/blood moon

I like them a lot when running something with low cost but color intensive cards. Like If you have a lot of 2-3 CMC cards with WW, GG or GW in their cost this kind of early color fixing is great.

I could just be a shitter though

>green
>needing lands

They're okay, but I'd say that there's way too many downsides compared to just basic shocks and I'd rather run even the stupid tangolands over fastlands.

Ah, my bad, I forgot to mention that the deck is semi budget, so a lot of $10+ cards are out of my reach unless I can use them in mutiple decks.

>are fast lands any useful in edh?
no
>are fast lands useful in cedh?
yeah ish

Painlands are generally better than fast lands. Buddy lands too.

>I could just be a shitter though
i know that feel user
why are "tango lands" stupid?

>tfw started typing up this shit before I noticed we moved to a new thread
Fuck you it's deck list time

>Krenko
Gobbos
>Yahenni
Voltron/sacc outlets
>Yidris
Wheels
>Tazri
Allies tribal
>Skeleton Ship
Skeletons/-1/-1 counter tribal
>Kaervek
Reverse Enchantress
>Mina/Denn
Gruul fatties
>Selvala
Enchantress/secret Krond deck
>Karlov
Lifegain Voltron
>Kruphix
Mill/big X spells
>Mishra
Brothers Saga themed artifacts deck with the usual Mishra staples
>Tana/Sidar Kondo
Tokens
>Anafenza
Abzan tribal +1/+1
>Sidisi
Zombies/Dredge
>Queen Marchesa
Pillowfort

>Mageta the Lion
Boardwipes/Indestructible stuff
>Gwafa Hazid
Counters/politics
>Yasova Dragonclaw
Steal.dec
>Saskia
Creatures/Artifacts/Land only (DUDE FUCK MAGICS)
>Dakkon Blackblade
Lands matter

Is there a commander or situation where this combo can work best?

Where's the combo?

... what's the combo? Giving Deadbridge Chant indestructible? That card is rarely even worth removing in the first place.

Karador would I guess but that's not a "combo" in the slightest

combo?
....Are you making the Deadbridge chant indestructible? I dont get it user.

I feel like this is bait

>spicy_tech.png
user, are you retarded or next level?

Elixir of immortality

Because they're inefficient and only good thing about them is that they're fetchable. Occasionally they etb untapped and that's why they're better than the new cycling fetchable lands.

Yes, what about it?

It's two cards working together to represent a threat, that's literally what a combo is unless you're LARPing as Jace Beleren.

>indestructible enchantment deadbridge
All you need is liquid metal coating, March of the Machines, Prismatic Omen and Life and Limb.

Mistake, meant to type cranial archive.
Works as yard hate and to shuffle your own shit.

Also draws you a card

Guess I forgot imprisoned by the moon, blood moon and urborg, but you get the point.

Are there any Assemble the Legion-like effects in Temur colors?
I'm trying to add consistent sac fodder to my Yasova.

I like it, thank you.

So what you really want to know is how to make Deadbridge better.

>a threat
lol
nice 10 mana you spent on that, I hope you didn't expect to have that by the time you got to your next upkeep. If anything the prospect of a juicy 2 for 1 will make this even more of a target

>Not roleplaying as Jace Beleren

The green enchant that spawns eldrazi spawn, and the greed devoid enchant that spawns eldrazi scions

Awakening Zone

>be me
>Abzan mirror match
>have 10 mana
>play Deadbridge Chant and Indestructibility
>opponent has 10 mana
>plays Protean Hulk and wins
Synergy and Combo are not synonyms.

well, they sorta work on a budget, i guess?

Wait wait wait, what? What the fuck are you on about?

Vedalken orrery

made me laugh

10/10

Jesus, user! I thought we agreed not to combo off!

That's not even synergy. Giving Deadbridge Chant indestructibility does fucking nothing. I feel like I'm being baited.

>want to make a captain sisay deck
>costs an arm and a leg
>want to make yisan
>also will cost an arm and a leg to build
>sold most of my UR spellslinger cards for legacy DnT pieces
>my other decks lose to board wipes

I can never have fun in edh

>we roll dice to see who goes first
>I go last
>first player goes "scorching desert, target user, pass"
>I'm absolutely stunned
>I go down to 39 life before it's even my turn
>he doesn't even apologize
I haven't even had one turn, so it was impossible for me to interact with the trigger. If he let me just play one island I could have stifled the trigger and still been at 40 life. Instead he targets me out of pure spite. We all talked about it and it was pretty clear that he only wanted me to be at 39 life so that I wouldn't win. He was going all on about how he is perfectly allowed to scorch me, but he didn't even think for a second about how I felt about it. It would have been infinitely preferable if he gave me just one turn to get up stifle mana or find a way to gain some life. Instead he tries to act like just because the game lets him do something that its ok and my feelings don't matter. We all agreed that targeting me was unnecessarily spiteful considering he had another land in hand he could play, or he could have mulliganed to a hand that had less hateful cards. We all agreed to just play as if I was at 40.

What I don't get is how people like him think its a good idea to play like that with regular playgroups. You know that by hitting me with scorching desert, it's just going to make me bring out my five color stonerain.dek and completely remove his ability to play next game. Since then we have houseruled that you're not allowed to hurt others players if they don't have a way to interact with it. Our players that have some social awareness and aren't completely autistic have all agreed with this rule and it has done a great job of weeding out the players that have offensive personality traits, such as having skin any thicker than plastic food wrap.

Sure, but scars fastlands are more expensive than tangos. On budget I wouldn't use fastlands and fetches obviously and I'd use many of the taplands that are not vivids.

>Yisan
>costing an arm and a leg
Yisan can be very good for $200 or less.

Krenko etb tribal

Is this fresh pasta? I like it. Not quite as much as the user with the "no bullying" rules at his LGS though.

Zendikar's Roil, Awakening Zone, From Beyond, Spider Spawning, Fable of Wolf and Owl, Feed the Pack, Gobin Assault, Rite of the Raging Storm, and Thopter Spy Network.

relatively new, it's supposed to point out the idiocy of getting mad about spite-scooping

So ive got a Gisa and Geralf Commander deck, and im trying to decide whether I should port it over to a scarab god deck since I just opened him up. Thoughts?

There's a card that turns every Elf into Llanowar Elf.

>be azorius
>hold priority a lot because i have 10 billion mana up with vedalken orrery
>opponent tries to remove my vedalken orrery
>flash in clever impersonator to copy my vedalken orrery to make a spare one
>continue doing nothing

who else /azorius/ here

This deserves an argument. Is Assemble the Legion a good card in EDH?

>Works as yard hate and to shuffle your own shit.
Off-topic but you know what bugs me about Llanowar Elves? How people run them as 4-ofs in formats that have plenty of functionally identical mana elves for G. Getting your llanowar elves hit by something like cabal therapy isn't a huge risk and it might never even fucking happen, but there's literally no downside to running a mix of fyndhorn, llanowars, elvish mystics, etc. instead of picking one and using 4 of them.

Considering it comes down fairly late usually and the effect is marginal at best for the first couple of turns - not really too exciting

Nah, gets posted every few threads.

Oh, I certainly am.

>have phyrexian ingester out in Brago
>make a million tokens with strionic, eldrazi skyspawner and sol ring
>cast mirrorweave in a 4 player game, targeting phyrexian ingester

I have no idea why this quoted the wrong post.

>Cons
Comes down turn 5ish
Takes forever to get going
Easy to remove

>Pros
Wins game if not removed
Anointed Procession was just printed
Naya Parallel Lives

Maybe if no one plays combos and everyone has very slow decks

It's a five mana enchantment with no protection that will do nothing until the turn had passed back around to you. It's shit, but the best Boris has.

in the right deck yes

dies to removal doesn't apply in edh, its the battlecruiser format and legion is battlecruiser as fuck

i meant the tangos work on a budget. they dont seem overly expensive to me, but indeed, i run a lot of taplands. i wanted to treat myself to a few better ones though, maybe i'll just stick to brushland, that's a nice treat.

dies to removal is a completely legit argument though. some creatures don't care about being removed, mostly ETB creatures, and that's why ETB creatures are king in EDH

Boros is really bad at incremental advantage cards, so this deserves a slot if you need something grindy in the format's worst color combination for grindy games.

I've won off this followed by MLD.

It's meant to be played right before destroying your opponents lands or after if you floated the mana in response to your armageddon

Do any of you guys play european highlander? Really hard to find resources for this, but I want to do research before buying into it

how many token doublers can I get in saskia?
>Parallel Lives
>Doubling Season
>Anointed Precession
>Primal Vigor

is there anything else I'm not aware of?

It's best friend is Descent Into Madness

Oh Brago, you're my favorite.

>>doing Brago things
>>have Panharmonicon out.
>>kick Rite of Replication on Jace's Mindseeker.
>>throw down Archaeomancer
>>do it all over again

>>Primal Vigor
are you sure you want a symmetrical doubler?

Not doubling specifically, but you might have some use for Populate cards

Rhys the Redeemed.

with Iroas and flying tokens it's not the worst thing ever

I've also only seen it in about 6 games and played it in two of them, but I'll definitely be replacing it with

All decks are fueled by DUFF

I like it. People underestimate slow to start enchantments, but it doesn't draw hate the way combos do and it isn't as though you can't back it up with protection.

I dunno. I think people definitely run worse do nothing enchantments.

Sure, but not devolving the game into who can ETB or combo off the hardest is what separates us from the savages.

Any particularly spicy tech for Tana/Sidar? In the middle of trying to put those two together myself.

I just pulled:

2 the scarab gods
1 champion of wits
1 hour of devastaion
1 foil full art plains

out of a bundle

is that good?

Sure.

Scarab God is worth money, so yes.

I want to try building a partner commander with Ravos and maybe Vial Smasher or Kydele, but I feel like I'd only ever cast one of them and ignore the other

partners don't actually end up playing like that do they?

Vial Smasher and Kydele probably wouldn't because they're both good.

2x$13
1xWho Cares
1x$7
1x$5

It's fine.

Need ramp? Got card draw? Cast Kydele

Ready to start smashing some vials? Cast Vial Smasher. I wish prophet of Kruphix was still alive to go bonkers with the gob, but a seedborn or as foretold should start burning everyone preety quick

How do you build him Veeky Forums ?

Can anyone explain to me how exactly is the new Bolas good? even in Standard.. i just cannot see how he can do anything. 7 manas for a guy that is not an imminent threat unless he top decks something good.

I found a Kalemne deck for 20$ and bought it for just Gisela and Magus of the wheel.

Even if it's the worst piece of shit Wizards has printed for a Commander set it should be fine to play against my casual friends, right?

Once the Eldrazi rotate out he will be the biggest guy on the plane

Until dinosaurs arrive

EDH is the most common format in my current area, and I'd like to join in casually just to play with friends.

That said, I enjoy aggressive decks and I don't like politicking, which is probably why I haven't already built an EDH deck. Is there any sort of deck archetype that would be enjoyable for someone like me?

Just play a quick combo deck.

You could go Rafiq the Many and just stack exalted and good equips for ez voltron but voltron gets worse the more players at the table you have.

This is edh though so unless you are shelling out for the right tutors and ramp you will not be aggressive with anything at a good table.

flash hulk

If you really feel strongly against politics you could make a deck around disrupting it.
You could make an R/x/x deck based around effects like Goblin spymaster and avatar of slaughter. That has the potential to be fun and shake things up.

Grenzo, Havoc Raiser.

Play Borborygmos Enraged. 51 Basic Lands, and whatever the fuck else sounds cool. Smash shit and throw mountains at people.

gruul barbarian political deck