Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Iron Warrior Plague Marines Edition

Old thread: >FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

regimental-standard.com/2017/07/19/the-ultramarines-and-you/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Tau.

>iron warriors
>with mutations

I'm going ahead and say that it's just a grey colored nurgle warband

So is the entire 40k line going to get PRIMARIE'D now or what?

Just got admech SC. Have $100 cad left. What should I grab?

THAT'S HERES- wait, how would that even work ?

SM: July 29th
CSM+GK: August 19th
DG: September 23rd
T'AU+AM: October 7th
TYRANID+BA: November 11th
NECRONS+TS: December 9th

Fluff wise?

Easy enough, part of an Iron Warrior band fell to Nurgle. These guys aren't against Chaos.

Stop reposting these lies.

Wait 10 days. SM players need to check out Blood angel tactics.

DREADLETS BTFO
Only Leviathan can be my bro

Provide proof the are lies
Also say goodbye to your ad revenue

Is leak? If not, I'll be watching to see if that's right.
Anyone think CSM will get a release with the Codex?

Chaddread reporting in

They actively go and cut their mutations when they come up though. But yeah, after all exceptions are always behind the corner.

Contemptor pattern forever

>Hasting being so assblasted trying ti stay relevant

Pottery

>ibb4 hunhun I cant give muh sauce because its secret hehe but im totally not a fag

where is this from

So i realized that AoS Khorne Blood Warriors are great proxies for 40k Berserkers, even with no conversions. (Axes are chainaxes, gorefists are chainswords).

I just fluff it as them shrugging off their power armour for trappings from the realm of Khorne.

What other proxies seem to fit seamlessly?

clearly not the iron warriors scheme

Salamanders are best. least amount of edge.

Proof or btfo faggot. I believe in these lies. You provide nothing so stfu.

Forgeworld facebook, a week ago

>using my Pepe's for counter-shitposting

P-please don't...

Glottkin to GUO

Old Archaon horse model as a Chaos Lord on bike/juggernaut

Gaunt summoners = chaos tzeentch lords.

can anyone confirm what chapter specific things are army wide and which are detachment wide?

Kastelan Robots.

Paint them like Gigantor.

All dreads are special in their own way, but Redemptors are "special".

>That Plasma Cannon
Looks like Gorillaman stole from the Tau aswell

RGG here. Since our house table is 6 inches too short on two ends I convinced my roomie to play at the store tomorrow. Still haven't told him about the strongpoint fortress but he's told me he's bringing a swarm list with lost of Gaunts, Genestealer, and Carnifex.
This fills me with so much hype I am atwitter. Bets on wether the Acadian 88th can literally hold down the fort?

Also is there anything stopping me from deeply unrelated dudes ON the Strongpoint platforms or is that cheesy? I already plan to have 10 Ratlings inside to snipe out Synapse.

Tau stole Imperium tech from the AdMech ships that were lost in the warp storm and the previous fleets that were lost in the region before that.

So good.

Deploying unrelated dudes*

Gulliman here, AMA.

What's going on with that guy in the bottom left of this art?

take inspiration there

Eldar = lewd?

>Gun with rotating parts is totally the same thing as gun that has nothing like that but remotely has the same look

wew lad

>another mini gatling under the DCCW

Because why not. Surprised he doesn't have a carapace gatling so we can have triple gatlings

Friendship ended with Contemptor
Now Leviathan is my best friend

it's gonna be objectively better like all imperium plasma compared to tau anyway

Can I invent new technology too?

But user, any dread can be a Redemptor. The only thing that has to be done is place the sacrophagus into a redemptor chassis.

fucking hell /40kg/ im so tired of primaris
any leaks regarding literally anything else?

Except the sculptors and designers have straight up confirmed that Primaris tech having design similarities to Tau tech is an intentional easter egg made to hint at where Cawl is getting his ideas from, you idiot.

Does Yvraine shave or not

You know where ;)

>And not a Citation was Citated

The fact you posted them with Friday dates for thread after thread, until someone pointed out that GW releases on Saturdays. That was quite a big hint that you were making it up.

But we all look forward to you claiming incredible accuracy when the SM codex comes out, even though GW told us the date that was releasing before you started posting these.

Technically, but it's best to avoid excessive Xenos contact regardless. Keep it strictly to arms-distance cooperation against chaos for minimal periods of time.

So, for fellow GSC players, are acolyte hybrids only good for getting Heavy Rock equipment into battle? Wondering how good they are with those though, and if it would be worth getting a box just for all the special weapons, as otherwise they're 1 pt more than a purestrains and their only advantage is a pistol. I have a ton of them from two Deathwatch Overkill sets, but they seem useless until I fill out the squad.

Probably not until FW decides to grace us with IA14.

Going to a tournament this weekend. Here's the Ynnari list I'm taking.

>Yvraine
>Farseer - Singing Spear
>5x Kabalite Warriors - Blaster
>5x Wraithguard - D-Scythes
>10x Shadow Spectres
>Wraithlord - Glaive, 2x Flamers
>Wraithlord - Glaive, 2x Flamers
>Hemlock Wraithfighter
>Hemlock Wraithfighter
>Venom - 2x Splinter Cannon
>Wave Serpent - TL Bright Lance, Shruiken Cannon, Vectored Engines, Crystal Targeting Matrix

Ansha'kor'el here, speaking on behalf of the glorious tau empire

We have recently seen many of our armories showing missing armaments, specifically many of our plasma weapons.
Servants of your emperor were last seen in the area.
Do you have any comment on the missing wargear?

It was in one of the articles on the community site. I don't fucking keep track of every single one of these, it was weeks ago.

Come back in a month or twelve. When it comes to loyalist marines you can bet your life savings GW is gonna milk that shit beyond the point of dry.

Yes, stop fapping to cogs and get on with it.

Did you only now figure that out? The Hellblasters' Plasma Incinerator has the precise same two nobs on the bottom as the Tau Plasma Rifle. Cawl has been stealing tech left and right.

Yeah the index kind of fucked over GSC pretty badly. The points costs are all over the place and a bunch of weapons got nerfed unnecessarily. The only fixes they really needed were the 8th ed nerfs to summoning and the removal of formations, instead they made Acolytes literally objectively worse to other options and Metamorphs got fucked even harder.

Orruk Ironjaws Ardboys as 40K choppa Ardboys (if lack of slugga really bothers you glue a spare one on)
Orruk Shaman as ork weirdboy
Savage Orruks as snakebites boyz

>GW is scraping the barrel so hard with Primarines they've started to rip themselves off and copypaste from one faction to the other

>Ynnari
it would actually have a faor chance against my list

How do you deal with 150 conscript tho ?

It says here that Cawl put a chapter the paperwork refers to as "Corvus Sanguinus" in charge of acquisitions.

Paid them by giving their chapter master a triple dose of primaris juice and a resized set of terminator plate.

Plasma nobs aren't new.

It's intentional fluff development showing the AdMech stealing from the Tau, which has been hinted at since Damocles and even the Cult Mechanicus codex before that.

>Plasma Nobz

im looking to do a GSC list one of these days, theyre honestly the coolest faction in 40k
any tips on what to get first/starting out?
also would getting the overkill box help?

Shadow Spectres do a decent job at it with 10D6 S5 flamer shots and their -1 to be hit, especially when in the conceal bubble of the Hemlock makes them pretty durable against scripts.

Only that whenever I find out who's using xeno gear instead of their imperial issue weapons, there's going to be some executions.

Cawl is one cheeky cunt.

>knobs
>on a plasma cannon
>khaine forbid

>also would getting the overkill box help?
Yes, massively. It's basically their start collecting box.

Only thing is now that the Deathwatch are Marinelets it's going to be harder to sell those off.

>"Where the fuck am I"
>"Why does it smell like fucking rotting fish anuses with a side of putrid mayo?"

Age of Shitmar is just an overpriced 40k bitsbox, bloodreavers on 25mms are khorne cultists, that dryad thing from last thread is just a daemon dreadnought, kharadrons are either nu-squats or the demiurg, stormcast are for that guy that wants celestial lions, blightkings are deathguard. At worst you just have to attach a gun somewhere.

what am i looking at in the bottom pict user

user I'm not just making this shit up for no reason. If you can't find it, sucks to suck, I don't care enough to go hunting and link it to you. Don't believe me if you want. Try the Vox-cast videos. Maybe it was something said in a livestream. I don't give a fuck. I know it was said by a GW member.

>it's the age of Shitmar shitposter
shouldn't you be in that thread crying over a game you never played?

i await your glorious autistic screech reply.

Taufags grasping at straws

>being this retarded.

The opening mechanism is pretty much the same.

There's a little flap that opens up where you can look around I guess?

diff user
>shouldn't you be in that thread crying over a game you never played?
Isn't that the whole point of General threads?

Well, Imperial meltaguns look like crude Eldar fusion guns and the fluff for Eldar laser weapons says that they're similar to Imperial ones, just more advanced.

So I wouldn't put it past humans to have adopted superior alien technology.

>inb4 butthurt Imperial internet defence force goes "nu-uh!"

>Hinges are a Tau only thing
W E W

Regimental Standard is pretty hit-and-miss but the most recent one is pretty good.

regimental-standard.com/2017/07/19/the-ultramarines-and-you/

>Paid them by giving their chapter master a triple dose of primaris juice and a resized set of terminator plate.
How did you actually make DoW3 make sense? Well... Almost anyways.

Oh thank FUCK we don't have to put the beer belly on

Without it, it really does just look like an awesome castaferrum variant

I'll take two please

i really just don't see the resemblance

>tfw irl poxwalker
At least I finally worked out a proper color scheme for my dark imperium buggers, r-right?

tau invented the lift up hinge apparently

>pick a particular faction
>not sure if I want to play that faction
>want to repaint them
>have to wait a month for the codex
I love emperor's children lore the most but I'm not sure about painting them. I could just do some noise marines in their colourful scheme and do a nice, generic red and gold for everyone else.
I really want ally on daemons that aren't all Slaanesh or maybe a nice mix...

I wish I wasn't so indecisive.

Personally I use those new Tzeench Acolytes as bodies to turn into all kinds of Servitors, they're modular and have bracers and greaves on so I don't have to waste many armour bits on them. Also saving the Tzeench bits and shields for when I make some custom Tzeench Gal Vorbak to go with my HH word bearers, joined by some Dark Imperium plague marines conveted to Nurgle Gal Vorbak, a normal squad of GV for Khorne and another converted to be Slaneeshi, probably with a few assorted Daemonette parts and greenstuff tentacles.

Too good for this sinful Earth,

T W I N L I N K E D
W
I
N

L
I
N
K
E
D

With this and "magnus did nothing wrong", are the warhammer community guys actually gigantic shitlords?

>look like
Its about the firepower, not the style.
Eldar don't even have cyclonic melta

But it only has one gatling.

At this point I accepted Fantasy died and moved on to KoW.
Only thing that let me look at their range without vomiting.

Just to make sure I'm doing it right. For frag weapons you roll a d6 to see how many "shots" you get then roll to hit from the number on the d6?

It can have another Gatling under its claw

Khaladron Dwarves are even new Squats ffs

That's what I'm talking about.